The Authority vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Jenny Quantum, Jack Hawksmoor, Swift, Apollo, Midnighter, Engineer and the Doctor

vs

Superman

Superman is bloodlusted and has been briefed on The Authority's powers. Fight takes place in Metropolis.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/13925/292895-172008-the-authority_super.jpg vs http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/4115/401528-135404-superman_super.jpg

Endrict Nuul
Doctor turns him into a rabbit. Could Jenny Quantum manip energy into Kriptonite radiation?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Doctor turns him into a rabbit. Question is if he can pull that off before his head is removed from his spine. wink

OneDumbG0
Pretty sure the Doctor on his own could beat Superman. With the entire Authority around... I'm tempted to say it'd be a curbstomp. Superman's resourceful... but against the Doctor, backed up by the Authority?

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Starscream M
Question is if he can pull that off before his head is removed from his spine. wink

Superman is not like Bruce..Supes would probably go after Apollo because they are a like. This will give Doctor this chance.

Phantom Zone
Superman is not like Bruce..Supes would probably go after Apollo because they are a like. This will give Doctor this chance.

True I can see Superman and Apollo getting into a meleee, even if hes too fast for The Doctor, Apollo could protect him then Doctor finishes him.

SevenShackles

he has been briefed on their powers. you don't need to be Bruce to think of taking out the highest threat. which is obviously not Apollo.

vlaaad12345
Bloodlusted supes tears all their heads off before they even fire a thought off.

Endrict Nuul
All the Doctor needs is a single thought and this fight is done for.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by SevenShackles
he has been briefed on their powers. you don't need to be Bruce to think of taking out the highest threat. which is obviously not Apollo.

Dont matter Apollo will cover The Doctor, then while Superman fights Apollo......toast!

vlaaad12345
And he wont get it.

OneDumbG0
Apollo has superspeed as well. He'd be able to cover the Doctor. And if not, then Superman still has Jenny Quantum to deal with. And if he somehow managed to knock the Doctor and Jenny out... what's he gonna do when Jack Hawksmoor puts Metropolis on as a battle-suit and has the Engineer as a backup while Midnighter is calculating everything for them via a mindlink? AND on top of that... a very pissed off Apollo who is Jenny's adopted father? Superman can be a teambuster... but against this team?

no

Grinning Goku
Spite. Superman dies.

Starscream M
I think you guys aren't giving Superman enough credit...

first, he is BLOODLUSTED

second, he knows everyone's powers and threat level. Superman is a smart guy, he will take out highlevel threats first.

Apollo will prob be too gaga over how handsome Superman is to react initially smile

Phantom Zone
I think you guys aren't giving Superman enough credit...

first, he is BLOODLUSTED

second, he knows everyone's powers and threat level. Superman is a smart guy, he will take out highlevel threats first.

Apollo will prob be too gaga over how handsome Superman is to react initially smile

Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Apollo has superspeed as well. He'd be able to cover the Doctor.

Endrict Nuul
Jenny Q has reality manipulation also, so she turns Supes into a bunny.

Starscream M
Fine than....Jenny Q has reality manipulation also so she turns Supes into a bunny. man, you guys are overhyping the Authority so much

when was the last time Jenny used matter manipulation on an enemy?

Phantom Zone
man, you guys are overhyping the Authority so much

when was the last time Jenny used matter manipulation on an enemy?

Why are you focusing on Jenny? What The Doctor cant reality manipulate?

http://img113.imageshack.us/my.php?image=27bm4.jpg

Endrict Nuul
Doctor or Jenny could just send Supes to another Dimension.

Oh, wait......let me guess, they don't have a chance either to do this or it's beyond thier power?

Phantom Zone
Doctor or Jenny could just send Supes to another Dimension.

Oh, wait......let me guess they don't have a chance either to do this or its beyond thier power?

Yeah stop over hyping The Authority! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Yeah stop over hyping The Authority! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Oh right!!!! sorry I forgot. Supes flys around in .1 sec and kills everyone at the same time.

Supes wins.

Phantom Zone
Oh right!!!! sorry I forgot. Supes flys around in .1 sec and kills everyone at the same time.

Supes wins.

Thats more like it. thumb up laughing out loud

TricksterPriest
There's only 3 real threats. Doctor, Quantum, and maybe Engineer.

Against Superman, the rest are fodder. But those 3 can stop Supes if they get time. And Doctor is just unfair without bad writing to hamper him. Quantum is at least vulnerable to a right cross.........I think.

I'm not sure Engineer has the raw power to beat Supes.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

Against Superman, the rest are fodder. But those 3 can stop Supes if they get time. And Doctor is just unfair without bad writing to hamper him. Quantum is at least vulnerable to a right cross.........I think.

I'm not sure Engineer has the raw power to beat Supes.

How can you can call Apollo fodder? He'd give Superman a good fight. He just wouldn't win.

Starscream M

those 3 are threats, given time to do what they do...

...but this is a BLOODLUSTED Superman, with full knowledge of their powers...it's highly unlikely any of them gets a chance to use their powers to full effect before their last breaths

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
How can you can call Apollo fodder? He'd give Superman a good fight. He just wouldn't win.

Against a bloodlusted Superman? no One-shotted.

Eel O'Brian
I'll take the unpopular side...

Superman crushes them.

A bloodlusted Superman is a character willing to kill his opponents fast and without drawn out, CIS filled dialog.

And he's been given knowledge of his opponents.

He puts a fist through Habib while he eye-beams Jenny before they can move, and then takes down the rest of them pretty easily.

TricksterPriest
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Doctor unkillable without bad writing? and basically a god who you can't KO?

And is Quantum vulnerable to a right cross to the face, or not?

Eel O'Brian
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Doctor unkillable without bad writing? and basically a god who you can't KO?
Why would you not be able to KO him?

Jenny and the Doctor, are, unless I'm mistaken, powerhouses with relatively low base durability.

TricksterPriest
Jenny, yes, I can believe that. But I recall seeing a rogue doctor bitchslap the authority. They could not hurt him. Hell, Apollo even rammed through him with a blitz and he just regenerated easily.

Eel O'Brian
Jenny, yes, I can believe that. But I recall seeing a rogue doctor bitchslap the authority. They could not hurt him. Hell, Apollo even rammed through him with a blitz and he just regenerated easily. Pretty sure that's something he has to put into place before hand, via "thinking it".

llagrok
Spite.

Starscream M
Originally posted by llagrok
Spite. yeah....maybe I shouldn't have given Supes bloodlust...

srankmissingnin
The Authorities Doctors (neither of them) have never shown the same level of durability or healing as the Renegade Doctor did, and have been shown to be ko'able if you get the drop on him.

Seriously, Superman is just too fast and powerful. If he can blitz Jenny and the Doctor - which I think he can - no one else is even capable of hurting him. Superman wins in a stomp.

Starscream M
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
The Authorities Doctors (neither of them) have never shown the same level of durability or healing as the Renegade Doctor did, and has been shown to be ko'able if you get the drop on him.

Seriously, Superman is just too fast and powerful. If he can blitz Jenny and the Doctor - which I think he can - no one else is even capable of hurting him. Superman wins in a stomp. wow we actually agree on something, for once! smile

also, supes doesn't only have blitz, he can deliver HV lobotomies to Jenny and Doctor from miles away

DigiMark007
This thread is stupid. I'm shocked it got to page 2. Jenny and Doctor could solo. As stated by a couple, Apollo or Engineer could hang around for a while on their own too. Or Hawksmoor in a city. Seriously, this is overkill to a retarded degree.

And The Doctor got exploded by Jenny and reconstituted himself. Speedblitz for the LOSS. Hell, he could slow down time around him in a localized area as well (Jeroen did it for a whole city) and it would work as well.

Also, current Doctor froze majestic in place as well, which is probably a good example of what would happen....

Doctor: You, stop moving.
*Authority goes to have lunch*
Doctor: *kills him in any of about 20 different ways*

Starscream M
Originally posted by DigiMark007
This thread is stupid. I'm shocked it got to page 2. Jenny and Doctor could solo. As stated by a couple, Apollo or Engineer could hang around for a while on their own too. Or Hawksmoor in a city. Seriously, this is overkill to a retarded degree.

And The Doctor got exploded by Jenny and reconstituted himself. Speedblitz for the LOSS. oh please...Superman is BLOODLUSTED

he ain't playing around

the doctor and jenny get two holes on their foreheads the second the battle starts, and the rest is pretty much you can imagine...superman will rip them apart

remember, Superman knows who are the highlevel threats...and he's smart enough to eliminate them at battle's start

Eel O'Brian

And The Doctor got exploded by Jenny and reconstituted himself. Speedblitz for the LOSS. Jenny and Doctor COULD solo, if they weren't up against a bloodlusted Kryptonian. He can take the whole team out before Doctor even sets up defenses, and Hawksmoor isn't doing jack to Superman. Realistically, none of them would last long at all against Kal.

DigiMark007
And The Doctor got exploded by Jenny and reconstituted himself. Speedblitz for the LOSS.

Did we ignore this? The Authority knows they're going to be in a fight too. How is being exploded not as bad as a friggin' punch?

There's also the renegade Doctor to consider, whose reformed part of his brain after being punched by Apollo. All Doctor's have the memories and skills of past Doctors. So that's valid too.

Starscream M
the doctor is useless...considering he likes to consult his gods before he acts, he will be long dead before he does anything

Eel O'Brian
Did we ignore this? The Authority knows they're going to be in a fight too. How is being exploded not as bad as a friggin' punch?

There's also the renegade Doctor to consider, whose reformed part of his brain after being punched by Apollo. All Doctor's have the memories and skills of past Doctors. So that's valid too. No. That's why I stated "before he sets up defenses", because I haven't seen a Doctor heal from something that he wasn't aware he was going to be hit with.

Doctor starts the fight at base level, and before he can process any thoughts, he's dead.

Even if you did believe he would continue healing from that, Superman can continue beating on him until he's out cold. Or throw him in the sun or something.

DigiMark007
the doctor is useless...considering he likes to consult his gods before he acts, he will be long dead before he does anything

That's. well...I was going to go for some epic pwnage-style phrase there, but why bother. It's false. Plain and simple.

Originally posted by Eel O'Brian
No. That's why I stated "before he sets up defenses", because I haven't seen a Doctor heal from something that he wasn't aware he was going to be hit with.

Doctor starts the fight at base level, and before he can process any thoughts, he's dead.

Even if you did believe he would continue healing from that, Superman can continue beating on him until he's out cold. Or throw him in the sun or something.

Fair point. What's the battlefield size? I realize Kal can fly wicked fast, but can he really change directions in the millisecond or so before Doctor would perform a thought? Too many people substitute travel speed for reaction time, so I'm always a bit wary of the speedblitz proponents.

Keep in mind, he needs to do that to 2 people or it's over. Jenny can transmute too. And again, they know they're going into battle. They'll expect to be hit.

Starscream M
That's. well...I was going to go for some epic pwnage-style phrase there, but why bother. It's false. Plain and simple.

Fair point. What's the battlefield size? I realize Kal can fly wicked fast, but can he really change directions in the millisecond or so before Doctor would perform a thought? Too many people substitute travel speed for reaction time, so I'm always a bit wary of the speedblitz proponents. no its not..the doctor (the nerdy looking guy with the specs) is not one who fights well on his feet

that's why apollo, midnighter, engineer, and others go on field....while the doctor smokes his weed and has his visions to help him

he's really useless in this fight other than wasting precious microseconds of Superman's battle focus

Starscream M

Fair point. What's the battlefield size? I realize Kal can fly wicked fast, but can he really change directions in the millisecond or so before Doctor would perform a thought? Too many people substitute travel speed for reaction time, so I'm always a bit wary of the speedblitz proponents.

Keep in mind, he needs to do that to 2 people or it's over. Jenny can transmute too. default battlefield they start .5km apart

but Digi, don't you realize Supes doesn't need to speedblitz?

bloodlusted Superman will give everyone a HV (heatvision) lobotomy at the battle outset, he can do this from miles away before the Authority even know where he is

Ambient
This is complete spite bloodlusted or otherwise..

There is just so many option the team have against Supes blitz, and lets not forget the team knows everything in regards to Supes powers, it is somethin the Engineer and Quantum abilities to manipulate to add the Doctor in there well, damn... it wouldn't be much of a fight..

DigiMark007
no its not..the doctor (the nerdy looking guy with the specs) is not one who fights well on his feet

that's why apollo, midnighter, engineer, and others go on field....while the doctor smokes his weed and has his visions to help him

he's really useless in this fight other than wasting precious microseconds of Superman's battle focus

Alright, you need to quit acting like you know what's going on here. Jeroen is dead, so any flippant pot smoking references don't even apply here. Not that they'd be valid, because A. he's been incapacitated 1-2 times in his entire run....he wasn't constantly high. And B. we're in KMC, which assumes peak. You're assuming an incoherent junky. Bias much?

But we're talking about Habib, the current Doctor, who has his sh*t completely together. So it's a moot point.

As for the ludicrous "consult with the pantheon" comment, find me one time where he pauses mid-battle to talk with them, instead of doing it during down time when there's ample time to discuss things with them. One. You won't find it, because it doesn't exist. He's talked with them 2-3 times ever, and otherwise fights normally like everyone else.

Although consulting with his pantheon wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing....he'd be in a different dimension, where Kal couldn't touch him. Then he could come back powered up to nigh-Skyfather level and laugh away Supes. Or just remotely transmute him from his home dimension. Or numerous other methods that would defeat him just as easily. Just more evidence that you really don't have a clue what you're talking about.

I don't have a problem with a speedblitz win. Though again, I remain dubious because you have 2 people who could erase him with a thought. But if you think he'd do it, fine. No argument. But pretty much everything else you're saying is wrong.

default battlefield they start .5km apart

but Digi, don't you realize Supes doesn't need to speedblitz?

bloodlusted Superman will give everyone a HV (heatvision) lobotomy at the battle outset, he can do this from miles away before the Authority even know where he is

Which again raises the same speed question. Could he look every place and tag each member before they form a thought, and get through the considerable durability of more than a few of them? The Authority doesn't need to know where he is...they could just make a bubble around themselves that transmutes heat vision into ice cream. So it's the same speed vs. power question. If he pulls it off in time, he wins. If not, he loses handily.

Starscream M

Which again raises the same speed question. Could he look every place and tag each member before they form a thought, and get through the considerable durability of more than a few of them? he doesn't need to tag all of them at the start.

wouldnt a bloodlusted superman just take out the primary threat first....aka the doctor.

after that, the authority may have their defenses up, but my opinion is that a bloodlusted superman would take them down...but I may be wrong, because I wasn't aware jenny could make someone disappear with but a thought, if that's the case, and she could actually track Superman, then you have a good case that Supes loses

Grinning Goku
I still say Supes loses.

DigiMark007
he doesn't need to tag all of them at the start.

wouldnt a bloodlusted superman just take out the primary threat first....aka the doctor.

after that, the authority may have their defenses up, but my opinion is that a bloodlusted superman would take them down...but I may be wrong, because I wasn't aware jenny could make someone disappear with but a thought, if that's the case, and she could actually track Superman, then you have a good case that Supes loses

Jenny can transmute people as well. And we technically don't have a good base-level durability for her. She might be as tough as she is powerful. In any case, Kal needs to take out 2 people who can erase him with a thought. Hell, we could have Apollo come out shielding the two. B-list Supes clone, but assuredly enough durability to last until they form a thought. Apollo can speedblitz too, btw. Just not quite as much as Kal. Just another "yeah, but..." that makes it a bit harder to unequivocally say "speedblitz 10/10"

And are you going to ignore the rest of my post there? Or just cut your losses? Seriously, I'm cool with Supes winning via speedblitz despite the possible roadblocks I've pointed out that such a tactic might encounter. But at least try to know what you're talking about in a thread...admitting ignorance is fine, but pretending to know stuff that you don't is insulting.

Starscream M
Jenny can transmute people as well. And we technically don't have a good base-level durability for her. She might be as tough as she is powerful. In any case, Kal needs to take out 2 people who can erase him with a thought.

And are you going to ignore the rest of my post there? Or just cut your losses? Seriously, I'm cool with Supes winning via speedblitz despite the possible roadblocks I've pointed out that such a tactic might encounter. But at least try to know what you're talking about in a thread...admitting ignorance is fine, but pretending to know stuff that you don't is insulting. no im not ignoring it

Im very illinformed about the authority...I made this thread cuz I read an authority tpb today (the one where they are facing the socalled 'god' who is taking over the moon and the earth)

in that comic, the most impressive feat jenny had was grabbing the balls of all the male teammates in her viselike grip form of leadership, and the nerdy doctor did nothing besides conversing with the pantheon...so color me unimpressed

I didnt realize there was another doctor...and I had no idea that the doctor and jenny could do the things you just stated, since then demonstrated not even 1% of such power in the paperback I read

DigiMark007
no im not ignoring it

Im very illinformed about the authority...I made this thread cuz I read an authority tpb today (the one where they are facing the socalled 'god' who is taking over the moon and the earth)

in that comic, the most impressive feat jenny had was grabbing the balls of all the male teammates in her viselike grip form of leadership, and the nerdy doctor did nothing besides conversing with the pantheon...so color me unimpressed

I didnt realize there was another doctor...and I had no idea that the doctor and jenny could do the things you just stated, since then demonstrated not even 1% of such power in the paperback I read

That's not current Jenny either. That was Jenny Sparks, her predecessor, who definitely isn't anywhere near the level of current. We have her as a High Meta in the tiers thread. The comic you read was from the late 90's. But did you read the whole thing? That TPB should have the birth of Jenny Quantum later on in it.

If you want to know more about their powers, I'd recommend the respect thread. it's pretty much everything any of them has ever done.

vlaaad12345
Everyone is coming up with some nice arguments on how the authority could win against every day supes but nothing thats going to save them from bloodlusted supes,yes digimark superman bloodlusted could take every single one of their heads off before anyone there realizes he was doing anything there wont be a defense at all against a several millions times the speed of light blitz,speedblitz headpunch or nuke the whole planet with heat vision take your pick.

OneDumbG0
Doctor can reconstitute himself any time during the battle and end it. As long as there is one ally left taking the hits. Bloodlusted Superman with heat vision couldn't even end Diana at the ring of a start bell. I don't he's going to take out the entire Authority team.

He's never done a several millions times the speed of light blitz. Ever. He's never taken down a team like this in an instant. Closest he came was when he took down Manchester Black's when he got serious. And even then, it took him more than a few seconds. And seconds is all the Doctor or Jenny Quantum needs to end this. Even if Doctor was busted at the outset, he could reconstitute himself as long as someone was struggling. The importance of another person struggling is to give the Doctor time to reconstitute himself so Superman's opponents aren't all knocked out.

This is spite. Superman's mythical pwnzorz speedblitz has as much relevance as Anna Kournikova giving you a blowjob. The idea itself is ludicrous, it's never happened before, and it'll never actually happen except in your dreams.

Soljer
Give Habib time to think, and he solos.

The only real question is whether a bloodlusted Superman would do so or not. I feel the answer is a decided 'no.'

If you disagree, *shrug* your prerogative, but that's really all this fight comes down to.

illadelph12
What is Superman's rate of acceleration? Can he go from 0 to C (or >C) instantaneously or does he require acceleration to achieve those speeds?

DestinyGuy678
couldnt a bloodlusted superman just destroy the planet

Starscream M
Originally posted by illadelph12
What is Superman's rate of acceleration? Can he go from 0 to C (or >C) instantaneously or does he require acceleration to achieve those speeds? his heat vision at least has no lag

he could lobotomize or disintegrate habib the second the battle starts

Endrict Nuul
he doesn't need to tag all of them at the start.

Cool, now that you admit that Superman is going after the Doctor first. That gives Jenny Q the time she needs to erase him.

What part of this don't you get?

llagrok

Starscream M

DigiMark007
Originally posted by DestinyGuy678
couldnt a bloodlusted superman just destroy the planet

That's wouldn't accomplish anything. He's fighting the Authority, not the planet. If he took the time to do that, Doctor would murder him.

llagrok

Starscream M

llagrok

DigiMark007
...which will soon become spam, and I'd rather not switch to mod-mode. Joke's over ilga.

wink

llagrok
...which will soon become spam, and I'd rather not switch to mod-mode. Joke's over ilga.

wink

Fair enough, I'll stop smile

I just said ridiculous things though. Told him to cut the grass and eat the ice cream in the fridge.

On topic, if the Doctor can reconstitute himself and such, I don't see how the hell speedblitz will win.

Creshosk

Starscream M

On topic, if the Doctor can reconstitute himself and such, I don't see how the hell speedblitz will win. true

also, stop insulting me in norwegian

Starscream M

DigiMark007
Fair enough, I'll stop smile

I just said ridiculous things though. Told him to cut the grass and eat the ice cream in the fridge.

On topic, if the Doctor can reconstitute himself and such, I don't see how the hell speedblitz will win.

The argument is that it was during a battle, and thus in the middle of a thought process. It's uncertain if he could replicate the feat while totally unaware.

Yet they know they're going into a battle, so I fail to see how any of them would be unaware. Thus, we have reason to believe he could pull it off. Speedblitz should work on the Doctor, but I see it as extremely unlikely in a battle setting. Not to mention that the Manchester Black-team pwnage, which is the basis for the lobotomy-blitz and speedblitz, took more than the few picoseconds the Supes-supporters seem to imply.

llagrok
The argument is that it was during a battle, and thus in the middle of a thought process. It's uncertain if he could replicate the feat while totally unaware.

Yet they know they're going into a battle, so I fail to see how any of them would be unaware. Thus, we have reason to believe he could pull it off. Speedblitz should work on the Doctor, but I see it as extremely unlikely in a battle setting. Not to mention that the Manchester Black-team pwnage, which is the basis for the lobotomy-blitz and speedblitz, took more than the few picoseconds the Supes-supporters seem to imply.

Authority is probably THE most underrated team on KMC.

true

also, stop insulting me in norwegian

I didn't insult you, lmao.

Starscream M

Yet they know they're going into a battle, so I fail to see how any of them would be unaware. Thus, we have reason to believe he could pull it off. Speedblitz should work on the Doctor, but I see it as extremely unlikely in a battle setting. Not to mention that the Manchester Black-team pwnage, which is the basis for the lobotomy-blitz and speedblitz, took more than the few picoseconds the Supes-supporters seem to imply. ok digi, lets say speedblitz WON'T work (tired of the speedblitz arguments)

what about heat vision? Superman could disintegrate the doc the second the battle starts.

llagrok
ok digi, lets say speedblitz WON'T work (tired of the speedblitz arguments)

what about heat vision? Superman could disintegrate the doc the second the battle starts.

You don't get it, do you?

Creshosk
gaan houden een vinger in je kont I tell you it's not dutch and you basically tell me to shove a finger up my ass in dutch?

DigiMark007
ok digi, lets say speedblitz WON'T work (tired of the speedblitz arguments)

er. That's still a speedblitz argument. You're just substituting "punch" for "energy." The question still remains whether or not he'd accomplish it in the opening moments of the fight before the Doctor or Jenny formed the correct thought(s) to take him out.

It's literally the only way Supes would win this fight, so that's what the discussion will inevitably revolve around. I'm of the mind that it's possible for him to do it, but my gut feeling is that he'd tag 1 person (either Jenny or D depending on who he targets first) but the other would freeze him in place or transmute him or throw up a barrier or something. It would literally just take a single thought to do it. Then it's game-set-match Authority.

srankmissingnin
Authority is probably THE most underrated team on KMC.

laughing

Authority is the MOST over-rate team on KMC. EASILY.

You beat up a third tier rip off of an estabished character in Wildstorm and suddenly everyone thinks you are god. I'm surprised no one on KMC has argued that Axel Brass could beat Superman to be honest.

llagrok
laughing

How so?

Because everyone could solo Wolverine? laughing

Grinning Goku
How so?

That's true.

Starscream M
er. That's still a speedblitz argument. You're just substituting "punch" for "energy." The question still remains whether or not he'd accomplish it in the opening moments of the fight before the Doctor or Jenny formed the correct thought(s) to take him out.

It's literally the only way Supes would win this fight, so that's what the discussion will inevitably revolve around. I'm of the mind that it's possible for him to do it, but my gut feeling is that he'd tag 1 person (either Jenny or D depending on who he targets first) but the other would freeze him in place or transmute him or throw up a barrier or something. It would literally just take a single thought to do it. Then it's game-set-match Authority. you're seriously making jenny and doctor seem like transcendant class figures...would they pwn Odin or Galactus as well...seems like it if they could take out heralds with but a thought

DigiMark007

llagrok
laughing

You beat up a third tier rip off of an estabished character in Wildstorm and suddenly everyone thinks you are god. I'm surprised no one on KMC has argued that Axel Brass could beat Superman to be honest.

So the doctor, with basically unlimited reality warping. What class is he then? Low herald, with your Wolverine?

you're seriously making jenny and doctor seem like transcendant class figures...would they pwn Odin or Galactus as well...seems like it if they could take out heralds with but a thought

They are trans characters, easily... JQ created her own ****ing minature dimension. Doctor has high level matter manip or reality warping...

DigiMark007
laughing

Since I allow myself to get roped into most Authority threads, I don't really see them as overrated. Most consider them rip-offs, and assume that they are far below whoever they're borrowed from. In Apollo's case, he really is lower. But make a Doctor v. Strange thread, for example, and watch the Strange supporters talk him up just based on rep, and downplay Doc for the same reason....even though it would be a great fight. Don't actually make it though, it's already been done.

The other classic ploy is to point out their lack of "competition".....they kill most villains so there aren't recurring ones. People then assume that they're far beneath standard Marvel/DC power levels because they lack the "big name" status in their rogues galleries.

you're seriously making jenny and doctor seem like transcendant class figures...would they pwn Odin or Galactus as well...seems like it if they could take out heralds with but a thought

They can. Doctors have transmuted entire groups of heroes into flowers. Habib froze Majestic in place while drinking a soda. I'm not making stuff up. Odin and Galactus is pushing it, but they're legit Sub-Skyfather. Piece together Doctor's best feats into a hypothetical "potential" and you'd be looking at something dangerously close to Skyfather.

So the doctor, with basically unlimited reality warping. What class is he then? Low herald, with your Wolverine?

They are trans characters, easily... JQ created her own ****ing minature dimension. Doctor has high level matter manip or reality warping...

It's been firmly established as matter manip. Reality warping it ain't, and a few of his failures have pressed home that point. But otherwise, yeah.

llagrok
It's been firmly established as matter manip. Reality warping it ain't, and a few of his failures have pressed home that point. But otherwise, yeah.

Fair enough.

He gets Trans easily though and by looking at the issues where the "evil doctor" got a hold of his powers. Mad.

srankmissingnin
Since I allow myself to get roped into most Authority threads, I don't really see them as overrated. Most consider them rip-offs, and assume that they are far below whoever they're borrowed from. In Apollo's case, he really is lower. But make a Doctor v. Strange thread, for example, and watch the Strange supporters talk him up just based on rep, and downplay Doc for the same reason....even though it would be a great fight. Don't actually make it though, it's already been done.

The other classic ploy is to point out their lack of "competition".....they kill most villains so there aren't recurring ones. People then assume that they're far beneath standard Marvel/DC power levels because they lack the "big name" status in their rogues galleries.

Even the Doctor and Jenny - powerful as they may be - both have been rendered useless by a low level telepath. The Authority rips apart homage teams with brutal ease and everyone thinks "Oh shit, the Authority sure are powerful"... but have failed to take down Stormwatch and even GEN 13. Ask your self what strength feats does Apollo have? What combat speed feats does he have? Virtually none, he has a few flight speed feats... but even Swift has managed to keep up with him. If we are being honest, Apollo is closer to Rogue in power then he is Superman... and he runs out of power faster than a standard AAA battery in a digital camera. And yet people have said that he could hold his own agaisnt Sups for a while? Don't make me laugh. Midnighter? His best strength feat is whacking a guy with a fridge. He has been in a wheel chair for days after getting his arm and both his legs broken. He has less than half a dozen speed feats (all of which have been replicated or topped by standard streets)... and people aruge he can take Wolverine 8/10 in fight? Which is almost as insane as people thinking that Hawksmoore is a match for Iron-man.... which sadly is also the case.

I love Wildstorm and the Authority - I mean - they are no Planetary, or Wildcats but their books are still good. But based on what they've actually accomplished (with the exception of the Doctor and Jenny), they aren't nearly as powerful as KMC makes them out to be.

DigiMark007
Even the Doctor and Jenny - powerful as they may be - both have been rendered useless by a low level telepath. The Authority rips apart homage teams with brutal ease and everyone thinks "Oh shit, the Authority sure are powerful"... but have failed to take down Stormwatch and even GEN 13. Ask your self what strength feats does Apollo have? What combat speed feats does he have? Virtually none, he has a few flight speed feats... but even Swift has managed to keep up with him. If we are being honest, Apollo is closer to Rogue in power then he is Superman... and he runs out of power faster than a standard AAA battery in a digital camera. And yet people have said that he could hold his own agaisnt Sups for a while? Don't make me laugh. Midnighter? His best strength feat is whacking a guy with a fridge. He has been in a well chair for days after getting his arm and both his legs broken. He has less than half a dozen speed feats (all of which have been replicated or topped by standard streets)... and people aruge he can take Wolverine 8/10 in fight? Which is almost as insane as people thinking that Hawksmoore is a match for Iron-man.... which sadly is also the case.

I love Wildstorm and the Authority - I mean - they are no Planetary, or Wildcats but their books are still good. But based on what they've actually accomplished (with the exception of the Doctor and Jenny), they aren't nearly as powerful as KMC makes them out to be.

I made a Mythbuster post about Doctor's telepathic skill. It's the first link in his section in the respect thread. You should read it. Kinda puts your opening point(s) in perspective.

Jenny's vulnerable to telepaths. They even admitted that the fight would've been over in the opening seconds if King hadn't been able to take her mind over and have her fight Doctor. I'm not sure what you're proving by saying Stormwatch didn't get pwned. Take those two out, which they did, and they're fairly well-matched.

As for the rest, you seem to have some sort of irrational hatred for them by trying to attack by using scattered feats that aren't representative of their true power. If I ever work with something beyond the facts, let me know. I rarely, if ever, do. And I'm also of the mind that clearing the moon or destroying a continent-sized space station >>> Rogue, and that an angry, trillion-ton+ fighting metal-and-concrete city >>>> a guy in a metal suit, regardless of how powerful the suit is. You can disagree, it's your choice.

Though I've never backed MN'er vs. Logan. I think Wolverine wins the majority. So don't generalize...there's good points on both sides.

Anyway, that was clearly off-topic. I'd ask you to refrain in the future.

Phantom Zone
Apollo has superspeed as well. He'd be able to cover the Doctor.

occultdestroyer

He's never done a several millions times the speed of light blitz. Ever. He's never taken down a team like this in an instant. Closest he came was when he took down Manchester Black's when he got serious. And even then, it took him more than a few seconds. And seconds is all the Doctor or Jenny Quantum needs to end this. Even if Doctor was busted at the outset, he could reconstitute himself as long as someone was struggling. The importance of another person struggling is to give the Doctor time to reconstitute himself so Superman's opponents aren't all knocked out.

This is spite. Superman's mythical pwnzorz speedblitz has as much relevance as Anna Kournikova giving you a blowjob. The idea itself is ludicrous, it's never happened before, and it'll never actually happen except in your dreams.

Superman heard Reed's cry for help 25 million lightyears away. He arrived about an hour later.

llagrok
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Superman heard Reed's cry for help 25 million lightyears away. He arrived about an hour later.

That's not exactly the average of his showings though. Superman can probably do a couple of times faster than lightspeed.

Juntai
That's not exactly the average of his showings though. Superman can probably do a couple of times faster than lightspeed. When Jimmy Olsen signaled for him in Countdown, he flew over 20 lightyears in just a few moments time.

He also has several feats well past a dozen times lightspeed. Including sun and back trips, the Lex 2000 when he flew to the moon of saturn, etc etc.

Endrict Nuul
How so?

But not Swift....she's useless imo.

llagrok
But not Swift....she's useless imo.

She really is. Jubilee would take her.

I hate Swift.

Shit ass character.

Originally posted by Juntai
When Jimmy Olsen signaled for him in Countdown, he flew over 20 lightyears in just a few moments time.

He also has several feats well past a dozen times lightspeed. Including sun and back trips, the Lex 2000 when he flew to the moon of saturn, etc etc.

I'm well aware of Superman's gazillion times FTL feats, that's not his average though. Even the Sentry has a great deal of FTL feats.

starlock
Authority for the win

Charlotte DeBel
She really is. Jubilee would take her.

I hate Swift.

Shit ass character.

I'm well aware of Superman's gazillion times FTL feats, that's not his average though. Even the Sentry has a great deal of FTL feats.

Swift's origin makes very little sense in the light of "classic" buddhism. They don't accept female "saints" of any kind (mainstream buddhism of course), let alone alien looking one- there are no "angels" in that culture. Swift's story could have happened in Japan... but becoming "patron saint" of Tibet is just silly and unreal.

Juntai
What class is he then? Low herald, with your Wolverine?
laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.