Bone-claw Wolverine vs Ultimate Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Fight in a forest.

Battlehammer
............wolverine pritty dam every time............

Harbinger
Hmmm........still would only take a few well-placed claws to beat him, though Cap could potentially break his claws against his shield, no?

I think I'll go with Wolverine 5.5/10.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Harbinger
though Cap could potentially break his claws against his shield, no?

I was wondering about that too

Battlehammer
Logans claws would not break on ultimate capt shield which to my knowledge is not even unbreakable.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Battlehammer
Logans claws would not break on ultimate capt shield which to my knowledge is not even unbreakable. why wouldnt it break? if they hit hard enough, sure it would break....its bone after all.

Bouboumaster
But his regeneration is twice faster too, if I remember correctly.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Starscream M
why wouldnt it break? if they hit hard enough, sure it would break....its bone after all.
Lol bone thats so denses it has gone straight through metal and stone..........

It won't break. Logan bones all of them are many many times denser then any humans

Mindset
How strong is ultimate Cap's shield, I assume it just isn't steel.

guy222
wolverine

george '06
ult cap
2 ton stregnth isnt it?

occultdestroyer
Ultimate Cap.
I don't think Logan's bones are going to penetrate Cap's shield.
Maybe if he had the adamantium one.

Placidity
Originally posted by Mindset
How strong is ultimate Cap's shield, I assume it just isn't steel.

Cap's shield is made of Vibranium, which is equal in durability to Adamantium. The advantage is that Vibranium is able to absorb impact/vibration.

I think Cap's shield may also be able to decapitate Wolverine or sever limbs. Its the only way he can win IMO. Wolverine's HF would be too great for Cap to hurt him any other way.

Mindset
Originally posted by Placidity
Cap's shield is made of Vibranium, which is equal in durability to Adamantium. The advantage is that Vibranium is able to absorb impact/vibration.

I think Cap's shield may also be able to decapitate Wolverine or sever limbs. Its the only way he can win IMO. Wolverine's HF would be too great for Cap to hurt him any other way.

Ult. Cap shield is vibranium?

Placidity
oops, um not sure...

I think its made of adamantium.

Phantom Zone
Wolverine, Ult Cap is toast.

Caps Conscience
I will give it to Logan. SLIGHTLY

Metalmanx
Slight edge to Ult. Cap.

Bone-claw Wolverine has lost one of his huge advantages. And his claws are definitely NOT going through the shield, as it is solid adamantium.

carnage52
all this talk of the hardness of bones is kinda ghey. big grin

Soljer
616 Cap's shield is made of a unreplicatable Vibranium/Steel Alloy.

Ultimate Cap's shield is made out of Adamantium.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
I will give it to Logan. SLIGHTLY

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by carnage52
all this talk of the hardness of bones is kinda ghey. big grin

Please...don't spam, thanks.

carnage52
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Please...don't spam, thanks. im not spamming im making an observation.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Slight edge to Ult. Cap.

Bone-claw Wolverine has lost one of his huge advantages. And his claws are definitely NOT going through the shield, as it is solid adamantium.
how do you give ulitmate capt the edge?

He holds absolutly not advantage in this fight.

but of courses I not really surpized you think ulitmate capt wins given your thoughts on wolverine.

Metalmanx
how do you give ulitmate capt the edge?

He holds absolutly not advantage in this fight.

but of courses I not really surpized you think ulitmate capt wins given your thoughts on wolverine.

This is coming from the person who never surprises anyone with his immediate backing of Wolverine in nearly every versus match. erm

But, I'll play your game.

Their speed is comparable, if not downright even. Strength advantage probably goes to Cap, but it's also marginal. Battle tactics goes to Cap. Agility is comparable/equal. Durability goes to Cap. But resiliency goes to Wolverine.

I gotta go, but I'll try and get back to this argument later.

Battlehammer
This is coming from the person who never surprises anyone with his immediate backing of Wolverine in nearly every versus match. erm

in matches in which Logan clearly wins like here.

Their speed is comparable, if not downright even.

No it not nor does his feats show this to be true.

Strength advantage probably goes to Cap, but it's also marginal.

Doubt ful he done nothing to suggest he ahs any superior strength to wolverine
Battle tactics goes to Cap. Agility is comparable/equal. Durability goes to Cap.
Prove it. Prove ulitmate capt has a superior tactical mind, becuases thats falses he done nothing to suggest he superior in terms of tactical prowesses.

and he also inferior to wolverine in terms of skill.

Prove that capt has superior durabilty he done nothing to suggest he has superior durability to 616 capt let a lone wolverine.

But resiliency goes to Wolverine.

Lol. it funny you give capt the edge.

even if phsyically they were equal in every area. Wolverine would still have a massive advantage in terms of damage soaking which a lone would give him the win. Then add in the fact he has superior fighting skills, training and experiences and it a pritty one sided match up.

carver9

Their speed is comparable, if not downright even. Strength advantage probably goes to Cap, but it's also marginal. Battle tactics goes to Cap. Agility is comparable/equal. Durability goes to Cap. But resiliency goes to Wolverine.

Dont agree, wolverine is the better fighter and has proven to be faster but I give the edge in strength to ultimate cap. Wolverine healing ability was off the chart at bone claw state. Ultimate cap has shown nothing yet that make me think that he could get 3/10 over wolverine let alone a majority.

Phantom Zone

Their speed is comparable, if not downright even.

Possibly.

Strength advantage probably goes to Cap, but it's also marginal.

Fair enough.

Battle tactics goes to Cap.

Totally disagree, if you were talking about 616 Cap this would be different but 616 Wolverine has much more experience and training. I don't always think that this giives Wolverine the majority but I haven't seen anything from Ult Cap that makes him look better at h2h or battle tactics.

Agility is comparable/equal.

Ive never seen Ult cap slip between bullets.

Durability goes to Cap. But resiliency goes to Wolverine.

It seems to me that Bone Claw could still beat Cap with one-shot in the right place.

srankmissingnin
It seems to me if you want Wolverine vs. Cap (any Cap) to be anything even resembling a fight.... you shouldn't have to battlefield be a forest.

Battlehammer
hahahaha the match is in a forrest hahahaha that just over kill.

Juk3n
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
It seems to me if you want Wolverine vs. Cap (any Cap) to be anything even resembling a fight.... you shouldn't have to battlefield be a forest.

Just Curious, when 2 combatants are h2h, face to face..what diference does the scenary make?

they're hardly gonna loose sight of eachother - standing head to head..

unless i missed somthing. embarrasment

Creshosk
Originally posted by Juk3n
Just Curious, when 2 combatants are h2h, face to face..what diference does the scenary make?

unless i missed somthing. embarrasment they don't start head to head. The default rules has them start .5 km apart. that gives wolverine plenty of time to get the drop on Ult.Cap and start the fight in his favor.

There's also the option of ulling hit and run tactics. "Tagging" Ult.Cap before disappearing again. with more cover its herder to track, or keep track, of wolverine.

With Wolverine's senses Ult.Cap can't pull the same.

Battlehammer

unless i missed somthing. embarrasment
actaully there not head to head there quite a distances away...........

You don't read wolverine much do you? He has numerous times disapeared right before peoples eyes and is perhaps one of the stealthiest people on the planet.

oh and on top of that he very good at fighting in the woods and has far more experiences doing so then ulitmate capt.

Juk3n
Originally posted by Creshosk
they don't start head to head. The default rules has them start .5 km apart. that gives wolverine plenty of time to get the drop on Ult.Cap and start the fight in his favor.

There's also the option of ulling hit and run tactics. "Tagging" Ult.Cap before disappearing again. with more cover its herder to track, or keep track, of wolverine.

With Wolverine's senses Ult.Cap can't pull the same.

ahh oki, the .5 km rule is what i didnt take into account, my bad.

Never
actaully there not head to head there quite a distances away...........

You don't read wolverine much do you? He has numerous times disapeared right before peoples eyes and is perhaps one of the stealthiest people on the planet.

oh and on top of that he very good at fighting in the woods and has far more experiences doing so then ulitmate capt.

I've been reading Wolverine for 25 years.

Show me 5 issues where he "disappeared right before people's eyes."

Perhaps one of the stealthiest people on the planet? Not. Even. Close.

Captain America is by FAR the better tactician - and he always "finds a way."

...and didn't Cyber break one of Wolverine's bone claws with his HANDS?

Yep. Wolverine #79.

LoL @ Wolverine getting "the drop" on Captain America. If Batman couldn't, Wolverine sure couldn't.

Creshosk

Never
Um, LMAO.

Who wrote those "summations?" They're terrible, and most of them are gross exaggerations. For example, "his vengeance is faster than human eyes can follow?" WHERE does it say that on the panel? It says his CLAWS flash faster than the eyes can follow - and that's nothing. A cobra strikes faster than the eye can follow, as does a rattlesnake strike, as does a cat's paw.

Grab a knife. Slash down as fast as you can. Can someone watching you follow the knife? NO. Can you even keep track of a fly buzzing around the room the entire time?

No.

Do you have any of those comics?

Even in the danger room one whomever wrote it says "Wolverine moves faster than the human eye can follow..." WRONG. His claws do. Do you watch boxing? How many times have punches moved faster than your eyes could follow?

Those "writeups" are as hilarious as they are wrong. LoL, look at the last one. It's from Uncanny X-Men #167, I think. Notice how he forgot to include where she caught him right in the back with a FULL jolt of poison from her stinger in #166? Anyway, he dove over her, acting like he was going to slash one thing and decided to slash her stinger. He "blitzed her?" LoL, he DOVE at her.

And where did he "disappear right before anyone's eyes?" Not in any of them. That's precisely what I asked about.

Odd. All of this speed and he couldn't touch Spiderman in Secret Wars #3? Or dodge Silver Samurai in Uncanny X-Men #173? Or Elektra in Elekra and Wolverine? He sure couldn't dodge MARROW when she shoved that bone through his throat.

Never said Batman fought Ult Cap America. Perhaps I should use "wouldn't" instead of "couldn't."

Creshosk
So you ignore what DOES exist, and make up shit that doesn't. Yeah you're going to be a typical troll.

Phantom Zone

Remember this is ULTIMATE Captain America... You really think Phantom Zone would be arguing for Wolverine if it was 616 Cap?

Of course not thats why ive stated numerous times that Wolverine beats Cap in a fight for the majority.

Never
So you ignore what DOES exist, and make up shit that doesn't. Yeah you're going to be a typical troll.

You can't possibly be talking to me.

Typical troll. LMAO, you better ask somebody from 2004.

And WHAT exists, genius? The fact that someone took 20+ pictures and gave us HIS interpretation of the action in the panels - and interpreted it INCORRECTLY?

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Never

And WHAT exists, genius? The fact that someone took 20+ pictures and gave us HIS interpretation of the action in the panels - and interpreted it INCORRECTLY?

That was hilarious. laughing out loud

Battlehammer

Battlehammer

No he was.

I was around in 2004 and I remeber your suposes wolverine knowledge as does jinzin.

Never
At work right now Battlespammer, and will respond fully in a bit.

First - your "I doubt that" comment? I have thousands of comic books. I'll write "Battlehammer snorts Ajax" on a piece of paper, place it on top of them, and take a picture.

You said Wolverine lifts 30 tons? LMAO.

Where? Show me who said he lifts 30 tons. Someone from MARVEL. Not here:

"While possessing the adamantium skeleton, Wolverine's strength was increased to the human maximum, making him capable of lifting (pressing) 800 lbs."

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/w/wolverine.htm

In the online Marvel Directory his strength level is IDENTICAL to Captain America's: 4 out of 7. That was updated in 2005 to give Wolverine 800lb - 2 ton strength.

SOOO where did you get 30 tons from? Your booty?

More later - and it won't be pretty.

(Battlehammer sucks, btw. World of Warcraft is where it's at)

Juk3n

Where? Show me who said he lifts 30 tons. Someone from MARVEL.

i think Battlehammer meant CYBER used some 30 ton strength and adamantium claws to break Wolverines bone claws, not that wolverine can lift 30 tons. A simple mis-understanding i think.

And (sorry to go off topic), isnt the game call WARHAMMER 40k - that you are comparing to WoW?

i heer reeding iz gud.

and back on topic, Reen wins Majority/ 7+

srankmissingnin
I've been reading Wolverine for 25 years.

Show me 5 issues where he "disappeared right before people's eyes."

Perhaps one of the stealthiest people on the planet? Not. Even. Close.

Captain America is by FAR the better tactician - and he always "finds a way."

...and didn't Cyber break one of Wolverine's bone claws with his HANDS?

Yep. Wolverine #79.

LoL @ Wolverine getting "the drop" on Captain America. If Batman couldn't, Wolverine sure couldn't.

Wolverine has vanished from sight while Nightcrawler was staring at him, he has done it to the Serpent Society, random fodder and I think Psylocke once. He's also done it when he goes to scout ahead of the X-Men... but that isn't exactly the same thing I guess.

Wolverine has broken into the Baxter Building twice (I think it was even stated he was one of two people cable of it) and remained unnoticed for an impressive amount of time; and when he broke into Stark Tower's no one even knew he was there until he showed himself to Spider-woman. No one is stealthier than Logan.

Cyber overpowered Stronguy... soooo... whats your point?

carnage52
i think Battlehammer meant CYBER used some 30 ton strength and adamantium claws to break Wolverines bone laughing editing is funny

Juk3n
Originally posted by carnage52
laughing editing is funny

i had to try n clear that up :-D, Never totally mis-read Battlehammers post, it's gonna get ugly in this thread when BH sees the guys reply.

Still Reen 7/

srankmissingnin

Warhammer dude, WARHAMMER.

... and everything about Warhammer (40k or otherwise) >>> Warcraft. The only reason Warcraft even exists is because Blizz couldn't get the Warhammer licence, so they decided to rip it off instead.

Starscream M
Warhammer dude, WARHAMMER.

... and everything about Warhammer (40k or otherwise) >>> Warcraft. The only reason Warcraft even exists is because Blizz couldn't get the Warhammer licence, so they decided to rip it off instead. offtopic: I'm sure blizzard is laughing all the way to the bank....and warhammer is still trying to get even a small fraction of the success of WOW (disclaimer: I do not play WOW...at all, so not a fanboy)

srankmissingnin
offtopic: I'm sure blizzard is laughing all the way to the bank....and warhammer is still trying to get even a small fraction of the success of WOW (disclaimer: I do not play WOW...at all, so not a fanboy)

Warhammer is on of the premier table top fantasy wargames. It has a huge fallowing and has been around for more than 20 years. It is immensely successful, without any consideration to the video games based on the licence.

I do play WoW, I've played it since launch. I've played every major MMO and I'm pretty sure WAR is going to kick it straight in the crotch... which will hurt even more because AoC just did the same thing. cool

carnage52
offtopic: I'm sure blizzard is laughing all the way to the bank....and warhammer is still trying to get even a small fraction of the success of WOW (disclaimer: I do not play WOW...at all, so not a fanboy) i play wow but theres a time and a place for that...

Starscream M

I do play WoW, I've played it since launch. I've played every major MMO and I'm pretty sure WAR is going to kick it straight in the crotch... which will hurt even more because AoC just did the same thing. cool

perhaps...but given how long WOW has been around, its a given sooner or later people are gonna gravitate to other things.

You know Blizzard is already working on WOW2.

Also, Starcraft 2 is coming out soon, and that is gonna consume the PC gaming world.

Never
Wolverine has vanished from sight while Nightcrawler was staring at him, he has done it to the Serpent Society, random fodder and I think Psylocke once. He's also done it when he goes to scout ahead of the X-Men... but that isn't exactly the same thing I guess.

Wolverine has broken into the Baxter Building twice (I think it was even stated he was one of two people cable of it) and remained unnoticed for an impressive amount of time; and when he broke into Stark Tower's no one even knew he was there until he showed himself to Spider-woman. No one is stealthier than Logan.

Cyber overpowered Stronguy... soooo... whats your point?

Name the issues where he "disappeared right before people's eyes." Just saying he did it has nooooo merit whatsoever.

I know it's Warhammer. It was a play on his name (BattleSPAMMER, BattleHAMMER).

There are NINJAS in Marvel who are stealthier than Logan. ELEKTRA is stealthier.

"She is also able to keep to the shadows and move with such speed that she can remain unseen even in daylight, thus explaining why she is Marvel's top killer. She cannot be seen in a dim lighted room and she can't be detected if she is in a warehouse of any sort and kind."

Uh...Elektra has moved so fast UNDERWATER that she was a blur.

Show me ONE entry in a Wolverine bio where it says he can remain unseen in daylight? Not a WRITER'S one-time interpretation of his character. ONE writer had Venom defeat Juggernaut. Give me a break.

If he meant CYBER (which is not how he wrote it), then show where it says CYBER can lift 30 tons? Cyber's strength is shown to be relatively equal to Sabretooth's.

Spiderman is stronger than both - and Spidey only lifts about TEN tons.

Yes, let's wait for Battlehammer to get back and make it "get ugly." LMAO.

Juk3n

mm, closer to 20 really, he's had a couple of buffs..iirc.

jinzin

Coming from a guy who gives the majority to EVERYONE over Wolverine?

Durability nor tactis go to Cap.

Creshosk

And WHAT exists, genius? The fact that someone took 20+ pictures and gave us HIS interpretation of the action in the panels - and interpreted it INCORRECTLY? Reported for trolling. wave

First - your "I doubt that" comment? I have thousands of comic books. I'll write "Battlehammer snorts Ajax" on a piece of paper, place it on top of them, and take a picture.

"While possessing the adamantium skeleton, Wolverine's strength was increased to the human maximum, making him capable of lifting (pressing) 800 lbs."

In the online Marvel Directory his strength level is IDENTICAL to Captain America's: 4 out of 7. That was updated in 2005 to give Wolverine 800lb - 2 ton strength.

(Battlehammer sucks, btw. World of Warcraft is where it's at) And member bashing. doped

jinzin
Um, LMAO.

Who wrote those "summations?" They're terrible, and most of them are gross exaggerations. For example, "his vengeance is faster than human eyes can follow?" WHERE does it say that on the panel? It says his CLAWS flash faster than the eyes can follow
That's your example, fairly pathetic considering the point you're clumsly trying to prove. Wolverine was exerting vengeance on those who had him under mind control, his claws are stated moving faster than the eye can follow, and it's Wolverine that weilds the claws, do the math. I suppose 1+1=hotdogs in your world too?

and that's nothing. A cobra strikes faster than the eye can follow, as does a rattlesnake strike, as does a cat's paw. And a snake using it's tightly coiled muscles to strike faster than the human eye can follow for one burst of movement over a short distance discredit's Logans ability to start moving faster than the eye can follow and KEEP moving faster than the eye can follow during an attack.... how again? confused
Grab a knife. Slash down as fast as you can. Can someone watching you follow the knife? NO. Can you even keep track of a fly buzzing around the room the entire time?
No.
Actually you can. People can train their minds to interpret events at a slower rate of frames per second, it's how boxers are able to block punches in mid throw. no expression
A fly is extremely small you wouldn't lose track of it if it was the size of a beachball.

Do you have any of those comics?
Even in the danger room one whomever wrote it says "Wolverine moves faster than the human eye can follow..." WRONG. His claws do. Do you watch boxing? How many times have punches moved faster than your eyes could follow?
Me? Not many, of course I've trained for that sort of thing.
And I'm not sure if I get this...
So to you if a written panel says that Wolverine's moving faster than the eye can follow it's "WRONG".. If a boxers throwing punches faster than YOU can follow, that's okay?

Something's pretty goofy about that donchathink?

Those "writeups" are as hilarious as they are wrong. LoL, look at the last one.
Perhaps you'd like to expand on how other than arguing over a point of semantics. no expression

It's from Uncanny X-Men #167, I think. Notice how he forgot to include where she caught him right in the back with a FULL jolt of poison from her stinger in #166? When he was completely taxed out from fighting hordes of brood a brood infection and Cyclops, when she stabbed him while he wasn't looking? Yeah... that's good evidence. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Not to mention the fact that he was STILL fast enough to cut off her stingers before she could even retract them.

And uh, what would that have to do with THIS particular feat anyways?
Does that somehow mean that Wolverine moving faster than the Brood/Xavier could react to automatically didn't happen or something? confused

Anyway, he dove over her, acting like he was going to slash one thing and decided to slash her stinger. He "blitzed her?" LoL, he DOVE at her.
She had Xaviers TELEPATHIC POWERS and he was still moving too fast... he dove at her? Which is why he's leaping UP, and why the narrative makes reference of "Too suddenly for her to react"...

And where did he "disappear right before anyone's eyes?" Not in any of them. That's precisely what I asked about.
K

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/3725/speedbarvw6.jpg

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3962/76525loganuke3jt3.jpg

1. http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/8144/16sm9iu7.jpg
2. http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/1774/17mv6pp4.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...SerpentSoci.jpg

Wolverine virtually vanishes, five feet in front of Nightcrawler... In broad daylight beating him in another training excercise.
1. http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/...ssapearsak5.jpg
2. http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/...sapears2bf2.jpg

Odd. All of this speed and he couldn't touch Spiderman in Secret Wars #3? Or dodge Silver Samurai in Uncanny X-Men #173? Or Elektra in Elekra and Wolverine? He sure couldn't dodge MARROW when she shoved that bone through his throat.
Elektra has super speed that's >>>>Most street levels including people like Spiderman.
Silver Samurai? Never happened, the only time Wolverine failed to touch him was when he lept at Silver Sam and Sam used his teleportation ring to book dodge.
Spiderman in Secret Wars? That IS funny considering that Rogue was too slow and too weak to avoid Spiderman's webbing, that Cyclops couldn't tag him in an enclosed space, that nightcrawler forget he could teleport out of the webbing, or that Wolverine's hit him or grabbed him by the throat in pretty much every encounter since.

So basically in this post you've stated:
Wolverine's claws move of their own accord.
A snake moving faster in a short burst faster than a human somehow invalidates Wolverine ALSO moving faster than a human...?
Boxers are faster than Wolverine
Non-partisan narrative panels are WRONG when they state things you don't like.
That a house fly averaging out at 4.5 MPH in flight somehow also invalidates Wolverine's speed....? What the f**k?
And that single incidents that happened in the early 80's ONCE take precedence over the multitudes of incidents that have come thereafter.

hmmmm erm yeah, I think you need HEAVY work on your logic and reasoning skills... I know. eek!
My baby cousin has a box with shapes but into it, and you use the correct shaped blocks to plug in those holes.. I mean I know it's not much, but you gotta start somehwere.... dumbass no expression

Creshosk
laughing out loud

I didn't really even bother reading his bullshit post...

Can you even keep track of a fly buzzing around the room the entire time? Yes, and I can grab them out of the air if they get to close to me. Sometimes I do that if they start annoying me.

Can't even follow a fly. lmao

srankmissingnin
Name the issues where he "disappeared right before people's eyes." Just saying he did it has nooooo merit whatsoever.

I don't think a guy who uses bios and character write ups for the basis of his opinion should really talk about what has "nooooo merit whatsoever."

Anyway - go to Comicvine and cross reference Wolverine appearances with characters I listed, if you want to find more examples of Wolverine vanishing from sight. It shouldn't be that hard for you find the issues, but I can't be bothered to find them for you, especially after you wrote off the scans jinzin provided with a nonsensical rant about how you can't see the a normal human's arms move, nor a fly... or something like that.

By the way... you should see an optometrist.

Well, you may of intended to call him BattleSPAMMER, but you didn't.... and even then - assuming you did - whats the correlation with WoW? I mean his screen name doesn't have any connection to the Warhammer universe (which its self has virtually no connection to WoW), it is the sir name of a character in a RA Salvatore book.

There are NINJAS in Marvel who are stealthier than Logan. ELEKTRA is stealthier.

Nah. The only people stealthier than Logan are people with shadow manipulation, invisibility and the Shiverman, and they all have a stealth trump card, not any real skill for the craft like Logan.

Elektra is stealthy, but not stealthier than Logan.

"She is also able to keep to the shadows and move with such speed that she can remain unseen even in daylight, thus explaining why she is Marvel's top killer. She cannot be seen in a dim lighted room and she can't be detected if she is in a warehouse of any sort and kind."

Seriously, a character bio? Seriously?

Elektra can put a mind whammy on people and have them play out scenarios she has fabricated. Not exactly stealth... or is Professor X the stealthiest man on the planet?

She's fast. I know it. What's your point?

Show me ONE entry in a Wolverine bio where it says he can remain unseen in daylight? Not a WRITER'S one-time interpretation of his character. ONE writer had Venom defeat Juggernaut. Give me a break.

A bio? laughing laughing laughing

I don't read bios, I base my oppinions on things that actually have some value in a comic book discussion - you know - comics. You might have heard of them?

If he meant CYBER (which is not how he wrote it), then show where it says CYBER can lift 30 tons? Cyber's strength is shown to be relatively equal to Sabretooth's.

He was responding to a section of you're post that addressed Cyber and his ability to break Wolverine's claws. I mean... it was pretty clear who he was talking about... everyone else got it...

In his original body, Cyber overpower powered Strong Guy. That would place him above 30 tons and above Spider-man's strength class.

Sabretooth was around class 5-10 before his last Weapon X upgrade. Most people assume he was class 20 after that... but truthfully, that is just speculation, he never really did much strength wise.

Badabing

Yes, let's wait for Battlehammer to get back and make it "get ugly." LMAO. Please be civil and stop bashing. Thanks.

Never
mm, closer to 20 really, he's had a couple of buffs..iirc.

Where?

Never
Reported for trolling. wave
And member bashing. doped

Waaah.

Badabing
Waaah. You came back to KMC after a long hiatus just to troll, bash and collect warnings?

Creshosk
mm, closer to 20 really, he's had a couple of buffs..iirc. as of OMD hes back to classic levels.

Never
Originally posted by jinzin That's your example, fairly pathetic considering the point you're clumsly trying to prove. Wolverine was exerting vengeance on those who had him under mind control, his claws are stated moving faster than the eye can follow, and it's Wolverine that weilds the claws, do the math. I suppose 1+1=hotdogs in your world too?

Um, what's actually pathetic is your incorrectly using "vengeance." You don't EXERT vengeance. You respond WITH a vengeance. You look at someone with VENGEANCE in your eye. You don't EXERT vengeance. Ask your English teacher.

Um, because my fists are moving faster than the eye can follow...means that *I* am moving faster than the eye can follow? NO.

Because a PART of my person (my fists) move faster than the eye can follow...means that my ENTIRE person (my body) is moving faster than they eye can follow? NO.

Wrong. Boxers box punches because of their REFLEXES. You can't train reflexes. Either you have them in oodles or you DON'T.

Yes, because flies come in ONE size, right? Are horseflies are extremely small? NO.

It DIDN'T. Your cute "vengeance" panel said, QUOTE:

"faster than human eyes can follow, THE GLEAMING ADAMANTIUM CLAWS SLASH." If a boxer is throwing punches that are moving faster, the BOXER is not moving faster. The PUNCHES are. Not the BOXER.

She tried to retract him before he slashed her? NO. Her entire point was to slam him with a jolt strong enough to knock him out - which HE commented on. Was he taxed when Silver Samurai sliced him up? Or when Lady Deathstrike sliced him up? Or when Omega Red fought him to a standstill? Or when Archangel fought him to a standstill? NO.

Yeah, especially when I said to SHOW ME WHERE HE DISAPPEARS RIGHT BEFORE SOMEONE'S EYES. Never asked to see how his FISTS are faster. The closest you came was when he MELTED into the forest and into the shadows. DUH, Wolverine's great in the forest. His idea of hunting is to sneak up on a deer and touch it before it even realizes he's there.

Yes, because one of Xavier's telepathic powers is to FOLLOW PEOPLE. Hello, a telepath READS MINDS and communicates sans talking. THAT'S IT. Having Xavier's telepathic powers wouldn't enable her to follow Wolverine. LMAO. Xavier couldn't even keep track of SPIDERMAN in Secret Wars #3.

Wolverine VIRTUALLY vanishes. WOW. I said show me where he vanishes COMPLETELY. You didn't.

Elektra doesn't have super speed. Wrong.

Please do a better job of reading. I said Wolverine couldn't touch ELEKTRA in Elektra and Wolverine and SPIDERMAN in Secret Wars #3 and asked why he had trouble dodging Silver Samurai.

Spiderman had room in Secret Wars #3. THAT'S why he sarcastically said to Titania "oh it'd be fair if we fought in a closet." Give him room and Wolverine fails. Repeatedly.

You clearly cannot read. Quote where I said Wolverine's claws move of their own volition. I said because Wolverine's claws move faster than they eye can see does not mean that WOLVERINE HIMSELF is moving faster.

You clearly cannot read. Quote where I said boxers are faster than Wolverine.

You clearly cannot read. Quote where I said "non-partisan narrative panels are wrong" (and how can they be NON PARTISAN? lmao). I said whomever commented on those illustrations were as HILARIOUS as they were wrong.

You clearly cannot read. Quote where I said anything about single incidents displacing alleged multiple incidents.

Your mother's the dumbass for not swallowing.

Never
Originally posted by Badabing
You came back to KMC after a long hiatus just to troll, bash and collect warnings?

Excuse me?

What is *your* definition of trolling?

This dude Creshosk or whatever - without knowing who I am - up and calls me a troll...and I'M trolling?

Battlehammer *tries* to tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about - and I'm "bashing?"

This cat Jinzin calls me a *dumbass* (I notice you didn't tell him to be civil) and *I'm* bashing? I respond to someone who offended me first and *I'm* not being civil?

Creshosk
Wrong. Boxers box punches because of their REFLEXES. You can't train reflexes. Either you have them in oodles or you DON'T.ka-dur

Yes, because flies come in ONE size, right? Are horseflies are extremely small? NO. You can't even track Horseflies? durlaugh

Badabing
Excuse me?

What is *your* definition of trolling?

This dude Creshosk or whatever - without knowing who I am - up and calls me a troll...and I'M trolling?

Battlehammer *tries* to tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about - and I'm "bashing?"

This cat Jinzin calls me a *dumbass* (I notice you didn't tell him to be civil) and *I'm* bashing? I respond to someone who offended me first and *I'm* not being civil? Originally posted by Never

Your mother's the dumbass for not swallowing. Originally posted by Never

Yes, let's wait for Battlehammer to get back and make it "get ugly." LMAO. If you're "offended" then report. Justifying your behavior by pointing out other bad behavior isn't a valid excuse. Please be civil or place people on ignore you can't get along with. Thanks.

Never

I don't think a guy who uses bios and character write ups for the basis of his opinion should really talk about what has "nooooo merit whatsoever."

If I was that individual you might have a point.

Jinzin posted a vat full of trash with his OWN incorrect interpretations of the action (his VENGEANCE was faster than the eye can follow? wth?), and there were two - *two* instances where one could state that he melted into the shadows/woods.

Reported for bashing.

Uh, *what?* I did call him Battlespammer - and you're saying I didn't? And you say I need an optometrist? Good heavens.

Prove it. You cannot. You're certainly welcome to your opinion, though. Did you hear or see...I don't know, Frank Miller saying Wolverine's the stealthiest on the planet? Nope.

Right, because that's the extent of her abilities. Hilarious. Did you even read Elektra: Assassin? That quote was referencing the fight in the warehouse where...you know...she was completely invisible? And then the quote "something not quite a mack truck slammed into them...." Before any of them even blinked, 3-4 of them were dead.

No kidding? So do I!

If it was that clear then that individual would not have said "I THINK (which means I'm NOT SURE) that he meant Cyber," now would he?

And Wolverine overpowered Grey Hulk in Hulk #340, so that would place Wolverine above 75 tons using THAT logic.

Sabretooth was NEVER Class 5-10 up through his fight with Wolverine in Wolverine's comic when he broke off his claws. That's Spidey level (10).

Unless they upgraded him after THAT. But I know he was NEVER Class 5-10 in his original incarnation.

Oh, you asked something about whether or not I read comic books? Here are some I dragged out of the closet.

Never
If you're "offended" then report. Justifying your behavior by pointing out other bad behavior isn't a valid excuse. Please be civil or place people on ignore you can't get along with. Thanks.

I would hardly need a mod to intervene if I'm on the losing end of a debate on this messageboard (imagine THAT), nor do I or will I ever place someone on ignore. Quite a puerile response that, when all else fails, smacks of insecurity and the inability to form an effective, cogent rejoinder.

I'm *always* civil to those who are civil to me.

smile

Never
ka-dur

You can't even track Horseflies? durlaugh

It's called typo.

TYPO. Rhymes with...Tae Bo? A boxer BLOCKS punches...etc etc.

Can you track handwriting? Quote where I even *implied* that I cannot track horseflies. I INFERRED that flies come in all sizes.

Speaking of flies, please shoo!

Badabing
I would hardly need a mod to intervene if I'm on the losing end of a debate on this messageboard (imagine THAT), nor do I or will I ever place someone on ignore.I'm not here to intervene in the debate. I'm here so people stay relatively civil. Originally posted by Never
Quite a puerile response that, when all else fails, smacks of insecurity and the inability to form an effective, cogent rejoinder.
As opposed to flaming and bashing a person's mom? Let's just say you're going to stop with the flaming, bashing and trolling. Thanks.

Creshosk
It's called typo.

TYPO. Rhymes with...Tae Bo? A boxer BLOCKS punches...etc etc.It was more of the "you can't train reflexes" bull.

Can you track handwriting? Quote where I even *implied* that I cannot track horseflies. I INFERRED that flies come in all sizes.

Speaking of flies, please shoo! Originally posted by Never
Can you even keep track of a fly buzzing around the room the entire time?

No.

Originally posted by jinzin
A fly is extremely small you wouldn't lose track of it if it was the size of a beachball.
Yes, because flies come in ONE size, right? Are horseflies are extremely small? NO.

"You can't track flies."
"Cause they're small."
"Horseflies aren't small."

durlaugh

Never
I'm not here to intervene in the debate. I'm here so people stay relatively civil. As opposed to flaming and bashing a person's mom? Let's just say you're going to stop with the flaming, bashing and trolling. Thanks.

And we'll say that in the event someone attacks me, they *will* get the same in return.

Odd, you STILL didn't say a word to Jinzin but quoted what *I* said to him AFTER what he said to ME? LoL.

VERY peculiar.

And like I said earlier, IF I was "flaming, trolling or bashing" you'd have a valid point.

I do none of the above.

Never
It was more of the "you can't train reflexes" bull.

You CAN'T train reflexes. DUH. That's why SOME defensive lineman are better at sacking the QB. That's why SOME shotblockers are better than others. That's why SOME boxers get hit more often...

And others. Don't. If you could "train" reflexes, EVERYONE would have equally quick reflexes.

THEY DON'T.

Salmonella poisoning? Cats can easily keep track of a fly in flight. Humans ALWAYS manage to lose them momentarily.

Common sense.

Or maybe it isn't?

Creshosk
You CAN'T train reflexes. DUH. That's why SOME defensive lineman are better at sacking the QB. That's why SOME shotblockers are better than others. That's why SOME boxers get hit more often...

And others. Don't. If you could "train" reflexes, EVERYONE would have equally quick reflexes.

THEY DON'T.

Salmonella poisoning? Cats can easily keep track of a fly in flight. Humans ALWAYS manage to lose them momentarily.

Common sense.

Or maybe it isn't? durlaugh

You are a laugh riot. You should do stand up cause that its some funny bullshit you're spoutin.

Never
durlaugh

You are a laugh riot. You should do stand up cause that its some funny bullshit you're spoutin.

Don't wax indignant because your laughable attempt at logic flew like a 600lb West Virginian in a mudpit bellyflopping contest.

By the way, isn't running behind another poster with irrelevant responses tantamount to...

TROLLING?

Reported.

Creshosk
belch

For being from 2004 you sure are new around here...

Mindset
You can train to have better reaction time/reflexes.

You think professional fighters and professional athletes don't train to increase their reflex speed?

People who just play sports occasional can improve their reflexes and coordination.

Never
belch

For being from 2004 you sure are new around here...

Still trolling? Reported.

Creshosk
You apparently don't even know what trolling is. smile

But your faulty claims that humans can't track flies and that you can't train reflexes is pretty poor...

Hell, getting better at video games that require better reflexes must be impossible. being able to hit better with a bat in baseball, also impossible.

You can improve at things that require reflexes... But I guess that doesn't mean you get better reflexes if you're able to react better.

And you really shouldn't think that your inabilities are the norm.

Never
You can train to have better reaction time/reflexes.

You think professional fighters and professional athletes don't train to increase their reflex speed?

People who just play sports occasional can improve their reflexes and coordination.

Really? So with training, Arturo Gatti can become Floyd Mayweather Jr. or Willie Pep?

No way. There are some fighters who have twitch like responses, and those who WISH they did.

Ricky Hatton does not. Miguel Cotto does not. Oscar De La Hoya does not.

Floyd Mayweather, Jr. does. You will NEVER see a fighter who gets hit all of the time develop into a fighter who easily slips punches.

Michael Strahan was known for his super quick first step. Soooo...how come most defensive ends don't have it now...through training?

Disagree sir.

Mindset
Really? So with training, Arturo Gatti can become Floyd Mayweather Jr. or Willie Pep?

No way. There are some fighters who have twitch like responses, and those who WISH they did.

Floyd Mayweather, Jr. does. You will NEVER see a fighter who gets hit all of the time develop into a fighter who easily slips punches.

Michael Strahan was known for his super quick first step. Soooo...how come most defensive ends don't have it now...through training?

Disagree sir.

You seem to like to take things to the extreme.

If I used your example than I could say you can not increase your intelligence through studying because you will never be as smart as Albert Einstein. erm

Just because your level of reflexes isn't as good as someone else's doesn't mean you can't increase your reflexes through practice...

Creshosk
Really? So with training, Arturo Gatti can become Floyd Mayweather Jr. or Willie Pep? I have no idea who those are. smile Nor do I care. haw-som

No way. There are some fighters who have twitch like responses, and those who WISH they did. Oh.. if you want to talk about fast twitch and slow twitch muscle fibre...

Disagree sir. I don't care if you disagree. that's like disagreeing that the sky is blue... Otherwise people can't learn to juggle, they can't gain in skill as fighters, advancing in belt color in the like... people are either born being masters, or they aren't.

You can name drop a bunch of people I care nothing about all you want. Those specific people have no barring on the fact taht people can improve at things that require reflexes, like video games, baseball, martial arts.

Disagree with people being able to improve? Well... durlaugh That's why I laugh.

Never
You apparently don't even know what trolling is. smile

But your faulty claims that humans can't track flies and that you can't train reflexes is pretty poor...

Hell, getting better at video games that require better reflexes must be impossible. being able to hit better with a bat in baseball, also impossible.

You can improve at things that require reflexes... But I guess that doesn't mean you get better reflexes if you're able to react better.

And you really shouldn't think that your inabilities are the norm.

You apparently don't know subject-verb agreement is smile

"Faulty claimS ARE poor," not "IS" poor.

Regarding video games, ever notice that SOME people are just GOOD and/or better than OTHERS? So if you can train reflexes, why aren't ALL people EQUALLY skilled? Catlord was ALWAYS a bit better than others in Tekken 3. So was Ben Cureton. Ever play Unreal Tournament I, II, III? With the laser gun? Notice SOME people are constantly going GODLIKE and WICKED SICK while others always have 2 frags and 30 deaths (those who don't use Elfbot, of course)?

And you really shouldn't think that your shoddy logic is...logical. Which is it? React better or reflexes?

Mindset
So your stance is that since some people are natural gifted that is proof that others can not improve?

Creshosk

Never
You seem to like to take things to the extreme.

If I used your example than I could say you can not increase your intelligence through studying because you will never be as smart as Albert Einstein. erm

Just because your level of reflexes isn't as good as someone else's doesn't mean you can't increase your reflexes through practice...

Using extreme examples to illustrate one's point is generally one of the most effective means of countering intransigence.

And your analogy is incredibly faulty. I simply asked *if* individuals could increase their reflexes then why don't we see far more exceptionally skilled athletes/boxers. How is that "extreme?"

A reflex is an INVOLUNTARY response to a stimulus. Can you train yourself to sneeze faster? Can you train your knee to jerk faster? Can you train yourself to hiccup faster?

NO, NO, NO.

"In biology, an automatic and inborn response to a stimulus that involves a nerve impulse passing from a sensory nerve cell to a muscle or gland without reaching the level of consciousness."

Creshosk
Using extreme examples to illustrate one's point is generally one of the most effective means of countering intransigence.Heh.. Strawmanning.

And your analogy is incredibly faulty. I simply asked *if* individuals could increase their reflexes then why don't we see far more exceptionally skilled athletes/boxers. How is that "extreme?" If people CAN'T improve their reflexes why aren't we all still clumsy as babies?

A reflex is an INVOLUNTARY response to a stimulus. Can you train yourself to sneeze faster? Can you train your knee to jerk faster? Can you train yourself to hiccup faster?

NO, NO, NO.That's ONE definition. smile

"In biology, an automatic and inborn response to a stimulus that involves a nerve impulse passing from a sensory nerve cell to a muscle or gland without reaching the level of consciousness." Hmm... I see your out of context medical dictionary entry and raise you pavlov's dog.

smile

Haha! Somebodies confusinf "Reflex" and "reflexes"

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=66385&dict=CALD

Definition
reflex Show phonetics
noun
an uncontrollable physical reaction to something:
I'm sorry I punched him, it was a reflex action/response.

reflexes Show phonetics
plural noun
the ability to react quickly:
Fighter pilots need good/fast reflexes.

Never
I work in a video arcade. smile

Do i Notice people improving, getting better at the game their reflexes improving.

Congrats. I LIVED in one. That's why I had bar none the best Nina Williams in Maryland, DC and Virginia.

Because that's what you're doing?

Wrong. People are NOT born equally skilled. So the reason that Michael Jordan is better than YOU in basketball is because he PRACTICED more? NO!

Talking and walking are not reflexes.

When I said it's congenital I mean that it will MANIFEST itself in a superior manner later. If what you're saying is correct, then EVERYONE can, with practice, have the same reflexes. That's simply not true.

The running headshot is exactly what I'm talking about. I practiced too. I was extremely good in Unreal Tournament. And I always saw a lot of the same players. So why was I always better than a lot of the other players who "practiced" as much as I did?

IF WE COULD TRAIN REFLEXES WE COULD ALL BE EQUALLY SKILLED WITH THE SAME AMOUNT OF PRACTICE. But you ALWAYS see some people who are just WAY better than others.

Explain that please.

Not personally trying to differentiate. You sounded as if you contradicted yourself here:

"You can improve at things that require reflexes... But I guess that doesn't mean you get better reflexes if you're able to react better."

Simply was asking for clarification. No sarcasm there.

Raoul
Using extreme examples to illustrate one's point is generally one of the most effective means of countering intransigence.

And your analogy is incredibly faulty. I simply asked *if* individuals could increase their reflexes then why don't we see far more exceptionally skilled athletes/boxers. How is that "extreme?"

NO, NO, NO.

"In biology, an automatic and inborn response to a stimulus that involves a nerve impulse passing from a sensory nerve cell to a muscle or gland without reaching the level of consciousness."

no expression

saying a person can't train themselves to have better reflexes is ridiculous. the fitter a person becomes, the better they can react to certain things around them...

hell, why train at anything at all if it won't improve your reflexes...

Creshosk
Congrats. I LIVED in one. That's why I had bar none the best Nina Williams in Maryland, DC and Virginia.Pssh.. You were born with that skill, you didn't practice because you can't improve your reflexes remember?

Because that's what you're doing? Watching people play a game and lose, and then play it again and get further, and then play it again and get even further?

Yep that's what I'm doing.. even got a game called fighting mania. wink

Wrong. People are NOT born equally skilled.Oh.. so you have super babies somewhere?

Cause I'm pretty sure people are born as babys with little to no eye-hand-coordination.

So the reason that Michael Jordan is better than YOU in basketball is because he PRACTICED more? NO! laughing

I'm pretty damned sure it is, cause I don't play basketball.

Talking and walking are not reflexes.

reflexes Show phonetics
plural noun
the ability to react quickly:
Fighter pilots need good/fast reflexes.

When I said it's congenital I mean that it will MANIFEST itself in a superior manner later. If what you're saying is correct, then EVERYONE can, with practice, have the same reflexes. That's simply not true. LMAO... roll eyes (sarcastic)

The running headshot is exactly what I'm talking about. I practiced too. I was extremely good in Unreal Tournament. And I always saw a lot of the same players. So why was I always better than a lot of the other players who "practiced" as much as I did? Because you were better at learning... Duh

Practice doen't make perfect, if you practice something wrong, you will only know how to be wrong. Perfect practice makes perfect. Bevcause only practicing something the right way will allow you to perform something the right way better

IF WE COULD TRAIN REFLEXES WE COULD ALL BE EQUALLY SKILLED WITH THE SAME AMOUNT OF PRACTICE. Barring things like the ability to learn from said practice...

But you ALWAYS see some people who are just WAY better than others.Which means you can't train your ability to react quickly at all. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Explain that please. see above.

Not personally trying to differentiate. You sounded as if you contradicted yourself here:

"You can improve at things that require reflexes... But I guess that doesn't mean you get better reflexes if you're able to react better."

Simply was asking for clarification. No sarcasm there. Oh there's plenty of sarcasm in my posts. smile

Creshosk
What's funny is for all his sports knowledge he's obviously just a spectator at sports:

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/anatomyandphysiology/a/MuscleFiberType.htm

So you can develop different muscle types?

Never
Dude...that's not a Straw Man Fallacy. LoL.

Fine, don't have to believe me.

http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~alatus/2801/StrawMan.html

Two, you're talking about balance - not reflexes.

Three, Pavlov's Dog? LoL. That's a reaction, which is nigh identical to a reflex.

There are reflex reactions also.

Both are responses to a stimulus.

Check any definition.

Reflex: Physiology. Being an involuntary action or response, such as a sneeze, blink, or hiccup.

http://www.answers.com/topic/reflex?cat=health

Reaction: A response to a stimulus.

http://www.answers.com/reaction

You're splitting hairs.

Never
Originally posted by Raoul
no expression

saying a person can't train themselves to have better reflexes is ridiculous. the fitter a person becomes, the better they can react to certain things around them...

hell, why train at anything at all if it won't improve your reflexes...

Do explain how one can train to improve their skill at an INVOLUNTARY response.

Creshosk
Dude...that's not a Straw Man Fallacy. LoL.

Fine, don't have to believe me.

http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~alatus/2801/StrawMan.html

Two, you're talking about balance - not reflexes.Balance comes in part form being able to react quickly if you over balance...

You're saying that babys have the natural reflexes they'll have as adults? You punch at one and they're beable to react the way they will as adults?

Originally posted by Sado22
Three, Pavlov's Dog? LoL. That's a reaction, which is nigh identical to a reflex.

There are reflex reactions also.

Both are responses to a stimulus.

Check any definition.

Reflex: Physiology. Being an involuntary action or response, such as a sneeze, blink, or hiccup.

http://www.answers.com/topic/reflex?cat=health

Reaction: A response to a stimulus.

http://www.answers.com/reaction

You're splitting hairs. Nope. I'm not. You are.

Check ANY definition?

Gee that cambridge dictionary said that reflexes are the ability to react quickly...

Creshosk
Do explain how one can train to improve their skill at an INVOLUNTARY response. You're talking about reflex.

I know its a hard concept to master by you can get it if you trry hard enough...

Oh wait.. I see what you mean about not being able to improve things... guess you just weren't born with it.

Never
Pssh.. You were born with that skill, you didn't practice because you can't improve your reflexes remember?

This is hilarious. I wasn't practicing to improve my reflexes.

Has nothing to do with reflexes.

You're not improving your reflexes.

Of course they don't have ANY hand to eye coordination. But that's not a reflex.

Mmm. So nobody in the entire NBA during his prime practiced as much as he did? Wronnnnnng.

You do realize you're trying to tell me that I'm using the plural form of a singular noun incorrectly...and that's it. LMAO. I'm not using it incorrectly. Fighter pilots DO need good reflexes. That's. Why. NOT EVERYONE CAN BE A FIGHTER PILOT, BECAUSE YOU CAN'T TRAIN THAT.

Omg. LoL. Okay.

Uh...what?

Never
Originally posted by Creshosk Balance comes in part form being able to react quickly if you over balance...

You're saying that babys have the natural reflexes they'll have as adults? You punch at one and they're beable to react the way they will as adults?

Uh, balance and reflex are not synonymous.

I SWEAR I just typed this awhile ago in the SAME spot that you quoted:

"LoL. That's a reaction, which is nigh identical to a reflex."

Creshosk
This is hilarious. I wasn't practicing to improve my reflexes.You were'nt practiceing to improve your ability to react quickly?

Yeah so you were born with the ability to react quickly as a baby huh?

Has nothing to do with reflexes.Haha! Right... because being able to react more quickly does nothing to help with fightingmania...

Pull the other one. "Timing is everything."

You're not improving your reflexes.Do you even know what Fighting mania is?

Of course they don't have ANY hand to eye coordination. But that's not a reflex. Didn't say it was a reflex, I said it was part of their reflexes.
For the distinction:

Mmm. So nobody in the entire NBA during his prime practiced as much as he did? Wronnnnnng. So I practiced a game I've never play? FAcinating... and I practiced as much as he did... Did I do it while I was asleep?

You do realize you're trying to tell me that I'm using the plural form of a singular noun incorrectly...and that's it. See above. smile

LMAO. I'm not using it incorrectly. Fighter pilots DO need good reflexes. That's. Why. NOT EVERYONE CAN BE A FIGHTER PILOT, BECAUSE YOU CAN'T TRAIN THAT. You can't train to be a fighter pilot...
no expression

You can't train your ability to react quicker?

Omg. LoL. Okay. Well you just proved that wrong.. cause so far you've been very very slow to learn here.

Uh...what? See?

Creshosk
Uh, balance and reflex are not synonymous.That's a strawman. smile

I SWEAR I just typed this awhile ago in the SAME spot that you quoted:

"LoL. That's a reaction, which is nigh identical to a reflex." http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=66385&dict=CALD

Oh and here's another word:
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=37719&dict=CALD

smile

Reflex - an inborn ability.
Reflexes- plural inborn abilities.

Reflexes - ability to react quickly.

Reflexes is a homonym of reflexes.

You can train the ability to react quickly.

Raoul
Do explain how one can train to improve their skill at an INVOLUNTARY response.

dur

Never
And I said time and time again.

Can you "train" how to sneeze faster? Nope.

Can you "train" how to blink faster when you have dirt in your eye? Nope.

Can you "train" how to react more quickly when you're surprised? Nope.

Can you "train" yourself to react more quickly with a hadoken when someone jumps? Nope.

Never
dur

Reported.

Never
That's a strawman. smile

Oh and here's another word:
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=37719&dict=CALD

smile

Reflex - an inborn ability.
Reflexes- plural inborn abilities.

Reflexes - ability to react quickly.

Reflexes is a homonym of reflexes.

You can train the ability to react quickly.

All you've done is say "yes you can." Never gave one shred of evidence that you can.

Because you have none.

And you still don't know what a Straw Man Fallacy is. LoL.

Creshosk
And I said time and time again.

Can you "train" how to sneeze faster? Nope.

Can you "train" how to blink faster when you have dirt in your eye? Nope.

Can you "train" yourself to react more quickly with a hadoken when someone jumps? Nope. But you can argue with the cambridge dictionary apparently.

Wrong reflexes. laughing out loud

When we talk about reflexes on KMC we're talking about the ability to react faster... Now you can weither accept it as the cambridge dictionary definition or Jargon.

I don't care... but wither way you're wrong for getting on people's cases about their useage. smile

Raoul
Reported.

durdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdur

ask ANY premiership goalkeeper that question.

Never
But you can argue with the cambridge dictionary apparently.

Wrong reflexes. laughing out loud

When we talk about reflexes on KMC we're talking about the ability to react faster... Now you can weither accept it as the cambridge dictionary definition or Jargon.

I don't care... but wither way you're wrong for getting on people's cases about their useage. smile

Yes, because you all on KMC know what you're talking about. LMAO!

Who cares about the cambridge dictionary? OED is better.

No, actually I'm not wrong. You've STILL not shown how one can improve their reflexes through "training."

Creshosk
All you've done is say "yes you can." Never gave one shred of evidence that you can.I've cited several examples.

Hell, I've even quoted the cambridge dictionary at you. But I guess you know better than cambridge don't you?

Because you have none. What? Evidence that you can train your ability to react quickly.?

And you still don't know what a Straw Man Fallacy is. LoL. Okay then.. Quote me where I said that reflexes ARE Balance or vice versa.

Cause I'm pretty sure that either exaggerating.. taking examples to the extreme, or making up things for your opponent to say is strawmanning.

But hell, I'm not about to be lectured on the definition of a word bny a person that doesn't even know what reflexes are. laughing out loud Someone whom argues with the dicitonary. laughing

Never
durdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdurdur

ask ANY premiership goalkeeper that question.

Reported.

I will. Do you KNOW ANY?

Creshosk
Who cares about the cambridge dictionary? Meh, I'll take that as good as discarding on panel evidence...

Reported for trolling.

Raoul
Reported.

I will. Do you KNOW ANY?

and you reported me for trolling.

football focus, every saturday of the premiership season, midday on bbc 1...

Creshosk
Reported.

I will. Do you KNOW ANY? I'm sure that reporting a moderator for disagreeing with you is really going to look good on your record.

Never
I've cited several examples.

Hell, I've even quoted the cambridge dictionary at you. But I guess you know better than cambridge don't you?

What? Evidence that you can train your ability to react quickly.?

Okay then.. Quote me where I said that reflexes ARE Balance or vice versa.

Cause I'm pretty sure that either exaggerating.. taking examples to the extreme, or making up things for your opponent to say is strawmanning.

But hell, I'm not about to be lectured on the definition of a word bny a person that doesn't even know what reflexes are. laughing out loud Someone whom argues with the dicitonary. laughing

Where does it say in THE DICTIONARY that you can TRAIN THE ABILITY TO REACT QUICKLY?

I discussed reflexes and you started talking about BABIES WALKING.

Right chea.

"But I guess those really good fighters had full reflex coordination from the time they were babies. Could walk and talk and the whole bit. Cause you're either born with oodles of reflexes or you're not."

Exaggerating, making up things for your opponent to say and taking examples to the extreme are not examples of STRAW MANNING. Lmao. Maybe that's what you mean here on KMC when you say it?

Never
and you reported me for trolling.

football focus, every saturday of the premiership season, midday on bbc 1...

Yep.

Didn't say did you watch any. I said **know** any. As in personally. As in you queried them about their personal workout regimen.

Dollars to donuts you haven't.

Or hows about bet a free ride on the London Underground?

Never
I'm sure that reporting a moderator for disagreeing with you is really going to look good on your record.

Reporting him for trolling. Not for disagreeing. Moderators are exempt from their own rules? I think not.

"Record?" On a virtual medium? /facepalm

Raoul
Yep.

Didn't say did you watch any. I said **know** any. As in personally. As in you queried them about their personal workout regimen.

Dollars to donuts you haven't.

Or hows about bet a free ride on the London Underground?

i've played AS a goalkeeper, and as such, trained as one.

so again, dur

Creshosk
Where does it say in THE DICTIONARY that you can TRAIN THE ABILITY TO REACT QUICKLY?LMAO OMG Oh ****... you are a riot... Oh man... laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

I discussed reflexes and you started talking about BABIES WALKING.What's funny is whoever first said something was talking about reflexes.. not reflexes... and the point of the babies thing is to show you.. Babies reflexes(ability to react quickly) sucks... seriously... if you've ever been around a baby they don't react very quickly. If an adult starts to fall they can react quickly enough to try and save themselves. Babies... well they don't react quickly...

Right chea.

"But I guess those really good fighters had full reflex coordination from the time they were babies. Could walk and talk and the whole bit. Cause you're either born with oodles of reflexes or you're not."

Exaggerating, making up things for your opponent to say and taking examples to the extreme are not examples of STRAW MANNING. Lmao. Maybe that's what you mean here on KMC when you say it? lol.. You want me to quote you where you said oodles?

Never
i've played AS a goalkeeper, and as such, trained as one.

so again, dur

You're a premiership goalkeeper?

smile

dur

Creshosk
Reporting him for trolling. Not for disagreeing. Moderators are exempt from their own rules? I think not.THe moderators of the sections are the ones who decide what 's constitutes as trolling in the given section. LMFAO... laughing

"Record?" On a virtual medium? /facepalm Oh did you know you registered in 2004 and have over 1450 posts?

Yeah.. things get recorded on a message board.. in fact I wonder how long it'll be til you start getting warnings and then get banned... because this is all going to be on your record. lmao

Happened already.

Thor couldn't do squat.

LoL @ "relative ease."

I tell you, the comments around here...

Creshosk

smile

dur Did he SAY that he played as a premiership golkeeper, or did he say he played as a goal keeper?

Strawman. smile

Raoul

smile

dur

even if i was one, i doubt you'd believe me...

i trained for four hours a day, five days a week, and a large part of that is improving response time, which ties into reflexes...

hell, we even DID reflex training... and goalkeeping isn't even my primary position...

but of course, i'm sure my coach that had several UEFA badges was wrong, and you're right... yes, that's it...

dur

Never
LMAO OMG Oh ****... you are a riot... Oh man... laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

What's funny is whoever first said something was talking about reflexes.. not reflexes... and the point of the babies thing is to show you.. Babies reflexes(ability to react quickly) sucks... seriously... if you've ever been around a baby they don't react very quickly. If an adult starts to fall they can react quickly enough to try and save themselves. Babies... well they don't react quickly...

lol.. You want me to quote you where you said oodles?

Whoever said something first was talking about "reflexes...not reflexes?"

WTF?

LMAO. When I said you're BORN with it I didn't mean you manifest that skill as an infant. OF COURSE YOU DON'T. You've NEVER heard people say that have a "god given ability?" You're born with it and it manifests itself LATER.

Neither Rembrandt nor myself could paint as a baby. We both practice equally. He is WAY better than I am though. WHY? Because he was better at learning how to paint? NOOOOOOOO (no, it's NOT reflexes, I'm using a different example).

Two, my saying "oodles" is not strawmanning. Like I've said 3-4 times, you do NOT know what a Straw Man Fallacy is.

Never
even if i was one, i doubt you'd believe me...

i trained for four hours a day, five days a week, and a large part of that is improving response time, which ties into reflexes...

hell, we even DID reflex training... and goalkeeping isn't even my primary position...

but of course, i'm sure my coach that had several UEFA badges was wrong, and you're right... yes, that's it...

dur

But you're NOT. And I asked if you know any premiershipg goalkeeper personally such that you could ask them about training.

You said no. That's pretty much it.

And again. And again. And again.

Why do some people have quicker reflexes than others? If it's trainable then EVERY INDIVIDUAL who goes through said training would show marked improvement. BUT THEY DON'T.

Some are just NATURALLY better/quicker than others, **and it's not because of training.**

dur

Creshosk
Whoever said something first was talking about "reflexes...not reflexes?"

WTF?

LMAO. When I said you're BORN with it I didn't mean you manifest that skill as an infant. OF COURSE YOU DON'T. You've NEVER heard people say that have a "god given ability?" You're born with it and it manifests itself LATER.

Neither Rembrandt nor myself could paint as a baby. We both practice equally. He is WAY better than I am though. WHY? Because he was better at learning how to paint? NOOOOOOOO (no, it's NOT reflexes, I'm using a different example).

Two, my saying "oodles" is not strawmanning. Like I've said 3-4 times, you do NOT know what a Straw Man Fallacy is.

laughcry

What like mutants? Suddenly BAM you have the reflexes?

Creshosk
But you're NOT. And I asked if you know any premiership personally such that you could ask them about training.

Why do some people have quicker reflexes than others? If it's trainable then EVERY INDIVIDUAL who goes through said training would show marked improvement. BUT THEY DON'T.

Some are just NATURALLY better/quicker than others, **and it's not because of training.**

dur

http://www.richbenvin.com/2005/11/14/reflex-speed-for-tennis-martial-arts-and-basketball/

laughcry

Creshosk
Two, my saying "oodles" is not strawmanning. Like I've said 3-4 times, you do NOT know what a Straw Man Fallacy is. I thought you were saying my using your words was strawmanning.

I know full well what it is, I also know full well what reflexes are...

Are you like some sort of bitter overweight old person?

Cause man you sound like you're pissed that you're never as good as other people and are blaming YOUR inability on "You can't train to be faster"

You can't improve reaction time.. that's hilarious...

Raoul
But you're NOT. And I asked if you know any premiershipg goalkeeper personally such that you could ask them about training.

you're funny. but not really.

exceptionally poor reasoning.

how do the average players without those god given reflexes compete with those that do? they train, and train, and train...

everyone has some sort of god given talent, that doesn't mean that the talent is always at its fullest, even those WITH those god given skills need to train to maintain said skills...

durclops

Never
laughcry

What like mutants? Suddenly BAM you have the reflexes?

Did I say suddenly BAM you have reflexes?

No you don't know what a Straw Man Fallacy is because you CONSTANTLY reference arguments as a Straw Man Fallacy...when they're not.

Are you some immature aborigine who shoots snot rockets at his Captain America blow-up doll?

Can sprinters "train" how to react faster when they hear the starter's gun?

LMAO. Hilarious.

http://www.nessie.co.uk/

Just because I post a link...it's true?

Raoul
Can sprinters "train" how to react faster when they hear the starter's gun?

yes.

Never
you're funny. but not really.

exceptionally poor reasoning.

how do the average players without those god given reflexes compete with those that do? they train, and train, and train...

everyone has some sort of god given talent, that doesn't mean that the talent is always at its fullest, even those WITH those god given skills need to train to maintain said skills...

durclops

Exceptionally poor reasoning on *your* behalf. There are goalkeepers who train, and train, and train - yet are NOT as good as other goalkeepers. So WHAT IS IT that separates them? Hmmm?

No matter how much RICKY HATTON trains he'll NEVER have the reflexes of Floyd Mayweather Jr. no matter HOW much reflex training he undergoes. He THOUGHT his training would close the gap...until he got knocked into the corner of the ring.

Never
yes.

Prove it.

Creshosk
Did I say suddenly BAM you have reflexes? Nope, You said you can't train your ability to react quickly.

So since you can't train it, and they don't magically spring up.. how DID the fast people get so fast?

No you don't know what a Straw Man Fallacy is because you CONSTANTLY reference arguments as a Straw Man Fallacy...when they're not.I'm not going to be lectured on syntax from someone who fails at syntax.
smile

Are you some immature aborigine who shoots snot rockets at his Captain America blow-up doll?Nope. You can find that person by looking in a mirror though, as I don't make sexual references about other people's parents

Oh, and reported. smile

Can sprinters "train" how to react faster when they hear the starter's gun?Sure. Reaction time is something that can be trained.

LMAO. Hilarious.Yes your ignorance is quite hilarious.

http://www.nessie.co.uk/

Just because I post a link...it's true? LMAO... So you want us to prove it.. but showing examples, and showing evidence doesn't work?

This report will be for two reasons. smile

Creshosk
Exceptionally poor reasoning on *your* behalf. There are goalkeepers who train, and train, and train - yet are NOT as good as other goalkeepers. So WHAT IS IT that separates them? Hmmm?

No matter how much RICKY HATTON trains he'll NEVER have the reflexes of Floyd Mayweather Jr. no matter HOW much reflex training he undergoes. He THOUGHT his training would close the gap...until he got knocked into the corner of the ring. laughing

So a newb who's new to the game will have the same reaction time as someone who has trained alot, but was given by god the same reflex speed?

laughing Gee why train at all?

Have you ever participated in any sports?

Battlehammer

what a wonderful straw man. I mean you had no responses to my evidences so you were forces to straw man an entire arguement that had nothing to do with what I had said. Good jod champ.

For starters I was referring to cyber which was quite evident.

oh and battlehammer ios the laster name to a forgotten realms chatater you ****ign moron. so shut up.

oh as always you ahd not reponses to my evidences and decided to strawman as usaul

Creshosk
Prove it. You won't accept any evidence remember? doped

"If I post a link does that automatically make it true?"

Supressed evidence fallacy waiting to happen... Cause you already commited it... at least twice. crylaugh

Creshosk
what a wonderful straw man. I mean you had no responses to my evidences so you were forces to straw man an entire arguement that had nothing to do with what I had said. Good jod champ.

oh and battlehammer ios the laster name to a forgotten realms chatater you ****ign moron. so shut up.

oh as always you ahd not reponses to my evidences and decided to strawman as usaul Watch it or he'll report you for responding to his trolling. laughing

Raoul

natural ability, and the training of that ability. training turns average goalkeepers into good ones, and good ones into great ones.

natural ability doesn't come into it if you don't hone that ability.

poor reasoning. ricky hatton without training wouldnt be nearly as fast as he is with training.

Prove it.

laughing out loud

common sense sides with me. so the burden of proof is on your side.

athletes wouldnt train hours per day if it didn't improve their skills, god given or learned...

Never
Nope, You said you can't train your ability to react quickly.

So since you can't train it, and they don't magically spring up.. how DID the fast people get so fast?

They were born with that ability. It manifested itself later. Hello?

I see you still failed to tell us what a Straw Man Fallacy is. I wonder why?

Hmm, if you look in the mirror what might you find?

Oh, and reported. smile

So is your inability to grasp the very basic concept of logical fallacies.

I posted up a link saying the Loch Ness Monster exists, so it MUST be true.

Reported by a reporter for reporting.

Never
laughing

So a newb who's new to the game will have the same reaction time as someone who has trained alot, but was given by god the same reflex speed?

laughing Gee why train at all?

Have you ever participated in any sports?

We said TRAINED AND TRAINED AND TRAINED. Ricky Hatton has been reaction training for YEARS.

And he'll never be as fast as Floyd Mayweather.

Never

oh as always you ahd not reponses to my evidences and decided to strawman as usaul

I bet you're that ****ign moron wolverine8888 judging by the amount of typos and blatant love of the character Wolverine.

Creshosk
They were born with that ability. It manifested itself later. Hello?Didn't answer the question.
HOW...

Not through training and not just magically appearing...

I see you still failed to tell us what a Straw Man Fallacy is. I wonder why?And you've still failed to be correct about what reflexes are. smile

Hmm, if you look in the mirror what might you find?

Oh, and reported. smileThe man standing behind you. I never said that was you... So you're going to report me for the insiult you called me?

Bright move.

So is your inability to grasp the very basic concept of logical fallacies.This coming from someone whom doesn't grasp what the definition of reflexes are. laughing out loud

I posted up a link saying the Loch Ness Monster exists, so it MUST be true.Supressed evidence fallacy by the way.

Reported by a reporter for reporting. You reported me for reporting?

Battlehammer
i had to try n clear that up :-D, Never totally mis-read Battlehammers post, it's gonna get ugly in this thread when BH sees the guys reply.

Still Reen 7/
cosigned and yes it gunna get ugly when a moron like that repsonses with a complete dumbass repsonses which complete strawmans an arguement and ignores what my post provided. I doubt he miss read anything thing he just ignored it and is trolling, but thanks any ways

Creshosk
I bet you're that ****ign moron wolverine8888 judging by the amount of typos and blatant love of the character Wolverine. Reported for member bashing. smile

Battlehammer
I bet you're that ****ign moron wolverine8888 judging by the amount of typos and blatant love of the character Wolverine.
lol I dominated your sad ass in a one in one debate any day.

Never
natural ability, and the training of that ability. training turns average goalkeepers into good ones, and good ones into great ones.

Thank you. You just proved my point. *slams gavel* Case dismissed.

Um er uh athletes train to increase their stamina. Athletes train to increase their strength for leverage purposes. Athletes train to increase their footwork and body positioning. Athletes train to improve their ability to read defenses/offenses.

As I said ALL ALONG, either you have it or you don't - meaning NATURAL ability.

Raoul
I'm closing this for a bit, the reports coming out of it, while not being worth listening to (most of em anyways), are clogging up the reports section...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.