Thanos over matched?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tru-marvell
Here's an all time favorite only amped!!!

Odin (in destroyer armor)

vs.

Thanos with power gem

They battle to the death-no bfr-pis-cis or whatever.

http://bagelsncheesey.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/odin1.jpg vs. http://www.metagame.com/uploads/Vs/2007/february/fike/artpic1.jpg

psycho gundam
thanos would win 10/10.

he is among the select few that can master let alone handle the infinity gems, single or the complete set of six.

the power gem can render magic useless and all the attacks the destroyer/odin hit thanos with will not even scratch him.
thanos can just melt the destroyer to slag like the celestials did which leaves thanos w/ power gem vs odin.

ultimatethor
Id have to go with thanos with the PG

tru-marvell
I'd have to see something on panel that shows Thanos outright taking this. I mean Odin stood up against 10 Celestials (for a short time). Who think Thanos with the power gem would fair better?

Nihilist
Originally posted by tru-marvell
I'd have to see something on panel that shows Thanos outright taking this. I mean Odin stood up against 10 Celestials (for a short time). Who think Thanos with the power gem would fair better?

so is this odin in the destroyer with the life force of all asgard and the odin sword as well as the uni mind?

if so he stomps thanos.

tru-marvell
No, just Odin (Uni mind was completely useless in that fight). The sword is optional

psycho gundam
thanos can't be "stomped" in possession of the power gem, it's just a matter of time before odin gets stomped.

tru-marvell
Not so sure Odin defeat is so certain. He with time can usually find an opponents weakness and exploit it. Not sure what that would be with Thanos but there would be one otherwise all Thanos would need is the power gem to truly be ALL POWERFUL. I think this an excellent test of T's durability, but the destroyers disintegrator beam backed by Odin's power would be too much for Thanos.

Odin 6 of 10

psycho gundam
Originally posted by tru-marvell
Not so sure Odin defeat is so certain. He with time can usually find an opponents weakness and exploit it. Not sure what that would be with Thanos but there would be one otherwise all Thanos would need is the power gem to truly be ALL POWERFUL. I think this an excellent test of T's durability, but the destroyers disintegrator beam backed by Odin's power would be too much for Thanos.

Odin 6 of 10 it doesn't make you all powerful, it does however grant total indestructibility...in other words he cannot be harmed.

Priest
Odin wins imo.
Thanos with the powergem almost lost to the Thor and company during the Infinity Gauntlet run.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Priest
Odin wins imo.
Thanos with the powergem almost lost to the Thor and company during the Infinity Gauntlet run.
Thanos wasn't exactly giving it his all in that fight though, he was trying to put on a show to win the heart of Mistress Death. Even at reduced power the heroes only had something like .05% chance of actually winning that fight(it was mentioned in the story).

Priest
Originally posted by darthgoober
Thanos wasn't exactly giving it his all in that fight though, he was trying to put on a show to win the heart of Mistress Death. Even at reduced power the heroes only had something like .05% chance of actually winning that fight(it was mentioned in the story).
His powered down version was him cutting himself off from the other gems except power, so using that Thanos would be a good comparison to this match.
I still think Odin with the destroyer wins, there was a reason why Starlin didn't want Odin and the other skyfathers involved in the Infinity Gauntlet.

darthgoober
His powered down version was him cutting himself off from the other gems except power, so using that Thanos would be a good comparison to this match.
I still think Odin with the destroyer wins, there was a reason why Starlin didn't want Odin and the other skyfathers involved in the Infinity Gauntlet.
I have to disagree. Thanos was toying with the heroes and putting on a show because he knew they couldn't win, that's not how he'd be approaching this fight because he's bloodlusted and facing an opponent that's an actual threat to him. I'm not saying that Odin wins this match necessarily(it depends on too many factors to accurately determine IMO), I was just addressing the notion that he almost lost to the assembled heroes.

And if guys like Eternity and Galactus got kicked around, I doubt Odin and the Skyfathers would have contributed all that much.

guy222
Odin/Destroyer FTW

Priest
I have to disagree. Thanos was toying with the heroes and putting on a show because he knew they couldn't win, that's not how he'd be approaching this fight because he's bloodlusted and facing an opponent that's an actual threat to him. I'm not saying that Odin wins this match necessarily(it depends on too many factors to accurately determine IMO), I was just addressing the notion that he almost lost to the assembled heroes.
Wat ever, Odin wouldn't miss 131

Priest
And if guys like Eternity and Galactus got kicked around, I doubt Odin and the Skyfathers would have contributed all that much.
That was when Thanos willed himself back to full power.

darthgoober
Wat ever, Odin wouldn't miss 131
Wouldn't miss what?
That was when Thanos willed himself back to full power.
He didn't bar them specifically for his fight with the heroes, he just locked them all away. The skyfathers were never supposed to be part of Warlock's assault team.

King Kandy
All Thanos did, stated on panel, was remove the SENSORY INPUT of the gems. He was not only using the power gem, he was using all six but no cosmic awareness.

Priest
Wouldn't miss what?
The IG..Surfer

He didn't bar them specifically for his fight with the heroes, he just locked them all away. The skyfathers were never supposed to be part of Warlock's assault team.
He locked the SF's away by accident with a full power IG throwing a temper tantrum.
Also Thor was on Warlocks team, I'm sure he could of arrange Odin to get involved.
Anywayz this is all based on hypothetical situation. I think Odin wins with the Destroyer, but i do agree with you that Thanos was not going all with the Power Gem alone.

Priest
Originally posted by King Kandy
All Thanos did, stated on panel, was remove the SENSORY INPUT of the gems. He was not only using the power gem, he was using all six but no cosmic awareness.
No he said that he cut himself off from the gems except power erm

King Kandy
Read it again: He says "I'll remove all sensory input from the mind, space, reality, soul, and time gems." (Roughly)

He never says that he will shut off the gems. Only the sensory input.

darthgoober
The IG..Surfer
I'll believe that when I see some speedfeats from Odin that suggest he'd be moving faster than Surfer was.

He locked the SF's away by accident with a full power IG throwing a temper tantrum.
Also Thor was on Warlocks team, I'm sure he could of arrange Odin to get involved.
Anywayz this is all based on hypothetical situation. I think Odin wins with the Destroyer, but i do agree with you that Thanos was not going all with the Power Gem alone.
cool

psycho gundam
No he said that he cut himself off from the gems except power erm "sensory input from the other gems", a show of power is kinda spoiled when you can see the future, and read minds/souls.
the power gem made him indestructible but he (imo) was also using the other gems consciously to kill the team in an artful way to impress death.

King Kandy
SENSORY INPUT: http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ig5dn8.jpg

I was right.

lannfear
Odin/destroyer ftw
big grin

Mr Master
Originally posted by King Kandy

SENSORY INPUT: http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ig5dn8.jpg

I was right.
K, that means he made the other Gems in-affective,
by literally disconnecting the perception of his senses to the 5 Gems.

Otherwise, there's no point to him doing that,
if he still retained conscious access to them.

kevdude
Hey MM wanting to get your thoughts on the Hunger from Marvel. I remember reading about him in a profile awhile back and it said he felt Thanos or Adam w/IG and wasn't in the Multiverse and wanted to destroy it and add the IG's power to itself or something along those lines, maybe you know more about the story then me.. Where do you put The Hunger at in the Marvel Hierarchy?

occultdestroyer
Yes

Bouboumaster
split 5/10 to each

Mr Master
Originally posted by kevdude

Hey MM wanting to get your thoughts on the Hunger from Marvel. I remember reading about him in a profile awhile back and it said he felt Thanos or Adam w/IG and wasn't in the Multiverse and wanted to destroy it and add the IG's power to itself or something along those lines, maybe you know more about the story then me..
Hunger is a beast, it's consumed over 1000 UniverseS,
from another Universe away it was able to mentally dominate Galactus,
in fact, it manipulated Galactus into giving it access to the 616 reality,
(that's what the whole deal with the IG was about, it wasn't interested in the IG itself)
when only a fraction of the Hunger entered 616, it took control of Galactus' ship,
it also proved to be above Galactus, even after Galactus attacked it first,
it was beginning to consume 616 as well, a minute portion of it at-least,
but it was stopped by Thanos
who used the Soul Gem to smash two Planets packed with a nuclear arsenal.

This is the thing,
the Hunger's ability to transfer it's form into other dimensions is not an easy task, at-least not spherical Universes like 616, Parallel realities are easier for it,
in fact,
it's vulnerable when it's slipping through the barriers that separate spherical realities,
(spherical realities are standalone Universes with their own set of timelines)
but once a sufficient segment of its form enters, there's little that cans top it.
Originally posted by kevdude

Where do you put The Hunger at in the Marvel Hierarchy?
It's definitely above Multi-Universal, concerning parallel worlds,
since it's never failed in eating a Universe of said type,
just a fraction was easily far more powerful than Galactus,
and most impressive of all, it may have been able to consume 616,
although,
we don't know this for sure, or if it was even indeed truly possible.
616 is the prime Reality of Marvel and contains the infinite consciousness of Eternity.

So, I'll place it under the scale of Multi-Universal,
which is able to operate across Multiple UniverseS, and ultimately consume them,
but not a true Multiversal power that can wipe out an entire Multiverse at once.

There are several beings/entities under this category of power.

psycho gundam
by the way, hows the progress on the cosmology tier?

Mr Master
Originally posted by psycho gundam

by the way, hows the progress on the cosmology tier?
My orgianal thread is closed for life,
to many spammers/trolls and sock accounts
drilled their bias/agenda minded crusades into it,
besides it was imo disorganized anyway,
plus, information concerning different subjects was updated as time went by,
and interpretations became clearer down the line,
so many changes were due.

I believe I have all the knowledge I need now
to make a truly well formulated Marvel cosmic info center,
my cosmic peers at kmc have also increased their knowledge,
and since they'll be big contributers to the thread,
that just makes my job easier, and the entire process more fun,
and especially, more informative.

By sometime in September, it should be ready for opening. smile

Knowsbleed33
Thanos with the Gem.

guy222
Sounds like a winner, Mr. M

Hunger escaped. Whether he returns, time will tell

King Kandy
Originally posted by Mr Master
K, that means he made the other Gems in-affective,
by literally disconnecting the perception of his senses to the 5 Gems.

Otherwise, there's no point to him doing that,
if he still retained conscious access to them.
The point is that he had no cosmic awareness or Omniscience, meaning he could be snuck up on and still thought at his normal speed. There is no logic behind him calling it Sensory if it is total.

The Illuminati
Thanos is the victor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.