Your first view on Darth Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
What did you think of Darth Vader when u first saw him back in 77 ? I wasnt born then but i thought the guy had a oxygen tank thats why he sounds like that laughing

steverules
I thought 'oh look there it's that bad dude called darth vader' and then I moved on

sweersa
I remember the first time I ever saw him was when they had commercials on TV for the special editions. (I was a little kid then) Then one day I was watching Star Wars and when I saw Vader I thought "Thats the guy from the commercials!"

lol

Tangible God
I thought... Hey, he's pretty cool looking.

vintageSW77
First view of Vader was the cover for the novel of STAR WARS on a newstand whilst my mum bought me KA ZAR comic.
This was about a year before the movie came out.
I thought "ive got to see that".
I remember it well and i was about 6.
I am THAT old.
The comic came next and then the poster magazine pics and then finally POW! on the big screen at the Odeon Cinema Oxford Road Manchester 78.
I remember the IVE SEEN STAR WARS window sticker i was given on the way out.
A great memory.

BruceSkywalker
I was 8 years old when I first saw Star War IV; A New Hope. The opening scene when you first see Vader sent chills down my back. That's the best opening scene ever

Tangible God
I still have a thing for Vader threatening Jerjerrod with the Emperor's lack of forgiveness.

Devil King
When I first saw him I knew what I wanted to be when I grew up.

Sesse
I saw him on tv!
He was scary.

queeq
Awesome... in the most literary meaning of the word.

Tangible God
Originally posted by queeq
Awesome... in the most literary meaning of the word. Some sort of awe.

queeq
Yup.

coolmovies
your view on vader queeq?

queeq
Said it before: awe-some. Literally.

Jack Daniels
well I can say after seeing the movie in theatre when I was like 4-5 he was the monster in my closet...lol....I even told my father that I thought vader was in my closet...I got scolded and called a dummy or something silly he called me....lol...vader was a scary dude when you were a kid back then

Galan007
"look mom, and 8' tall walking penis!"

Darth Subjekt
And did that get you going?

Galan007
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
And did that get you going? do i have to answer that? mmm

sweersa
Originally posted by Galan007
"look mom, and 8' tall walking penis!"

He was circumcised by Luke in Return of the Jedi! lol

No one from Europe will get that. Hahaha.

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by Galan007
do i have to answer that? mmm I would actually prefer if you didn't. You know its funny, my wife actually says that when she's.. uh... down there. She always says something about Vader's helmet, lol! I don't know how to feel about it usually, haha.

Galan007
I would actually prefer if you didn't. You know its funny, my wife actually says that when she's.. uh... down there. She always says something about Vader's helmet, lol! I don't know how to feel about it usually, haha. just as long as she doesn't try to use force choke/crush on "vader's helmet", it's all good. laughing out loud

sweersa
I would actually prefer if you didn't. You know its funny, my wife actually says that when she's.. uh... down there. She always says something about Vader's helmet, lol! I don't know how to feel about it usually, haha.

Does she call it "Darth Invader?"

Hahaha.

Sesse
At least Vaders helmet does not leak the coolant fluids every time its polished.

There are differences.

sweersa
Originally posted by Sesse
At least Vaders helmet does not leak the coolant fluids every time its polished.

There are differences.

ROFL

Darth Subjekt
haha! Yea, well she usually says, "I can feel your force flowing through me." and that's how i know i got the job done! lol

sweersa
haha! Yea, well she usually says, "I can feel your force flowing through me." and that's how i know i got the job done! lol

Hahaha. Ever use force choke on her?

lol

Darth Subjekt
only from the inside. no expression

sweersa
only from the inside. no expression

hmm...

Darth Subjekt
from the bottom up, that is

sweersa
from the bottom up, that is

Lets not forget about the children that visit these threads...

Darth Subjekt
if you're 14 or 15 and don't know about the reversed internal force choke, then you need to learn.

Lord Shadow Z
I always thought (before I seen ROTS) Darth Vader was a character who, because he was evil and twisted, was mutilated intentionly to get into his suit. Sort of like an initiation into the Sith, abeit a very painful and pointless one.

When I saw ROTS, it made more sense to me then because I didn't think anyone would voluntary want to have to wear the suit and breathing apparatus. But I enjoyed the mystery of not knowing why he was like that.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
...when i first saw it in ROTS (my very first Star Wars movie - the very first one i actually understood xD) , I finally understood what that weird looking thing on top of my friend's dad's cabinet is - darth vader's helmet.

also, I was thinking - Poor Anakin. Ack. Ouch. That thing must be heavy. He looks menacingly scary. Awesome.

coolmovies
well he gets to take it off and put it back on in Empire becouse after seeing ANH fans thought he was a robot

sweersa
Anakin got his !@#$ burned off. Poor fella. You can't blame him for killing so many people after that event.

LordPrydon
ROTJ was the first of the films I saw in '83, and I thought Vader was the epitome of evil until the Emperor came on the scene and really got going.

CadoAngelus
First film i saw was Empire Strikes Back, i was about 5, and it didn't interest me one bit, watched half of it and then got bored. Little did i realise that it would be one of the favourite movie franchises...i wasn't even alive when the original trilogy had come out lol

Cibernite
I saw Darth Vader mainly in pictures then I finally saw Star Wars and I was awe struck be Vader then I had I mean still have a facsination with Things vader. I have pics, Movies and Figures and I still love to collect old rare pics of Vader. I draw him and soon will be starting on my second version of his outift.

sweersa
Originally posted by Cibernite
I saw Darth Vader mainly in pictures then I finally saw Star Wars and I was awe struck be Vader then I had I mean still have a facsination with Things vader. I have pics, Movies and Figures and I still love to collect old rare pics of Vader. I draw him and soon will be starting on my second version of his outift.

Very cool. I remember when I first saw SW in the 90s upon seeing Vader I thought to myself "That is the guy I see on all those commercials!" It was from the 1997 re-release.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.