Superman vs Guardian(Mac), Northstar, Sasquatch, Puck, & Vindicator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snoopdogg
Can Superman take this Alpha team?

-K-M-
Which version of Mac?

Starscream M
Originally posted by -K-M-
Which version of Mac? does it really matter, Superman murders this team

-K-M-
Originally posted by Starscream M
does it really matter, Superman murders this team

Actually it does, as Guardian could BFR instantly and his E-M manipulation could do serious damage

Starscream M
Actually it does, as Guardian could BFR instantly and his E-M manipulation could do serious damage one, guardian can't BFR what he can't see...and two, Superman has tremendous resistance to EM attacks

-K-M-
one, guardian can't BFR what he can't see...and two, Superman has tremendous resistance to EM attacks

Sure he can if their in his field of influence he can instantly teleport him, he has a resistance but what will Superman do once Mac has his brain frequency?

Starscream M
he has a resistance but what will Superman do once Mac has his brain frequency? by then, Mac will have long been KOed by Superman...or do you think Superman is just sitting there letting Mac get a fix on his brain waves?

-K-M-
by then, Mac will have long been KOed by Superman...or do you think Superman is just sitting there letting Mac get a fix on his brain waves?

Yes, because he has others to contend with and it doesn't take Mac long to lock on a frequency. If they distract Superman enough, this is a viable tactic.

guy222
team

Starscream M
Yes, because he has others to contend with and it doesn't take Mac long to lock on a frequency. If they distract Superman enough, this is a viable tactic. dood, superman could contend with the grounddwellers after he deals with the fliers. Puck, Sasquatch, and Northstar might as well not have been put in this battle as they don't make a lick of difference to the outcome.

-K-M-
dood, superman could contend with the grounddwellers after he deals with the fliers. Puck, Sasquatch, and Northstar might as well not have been put in this battle as they don't make a lick of difference to the outcome.

Yeah he will take everyone else out, but that still leaves Mac to get his frequency as he is doing that and if he comes close to Mac he could BFR him. Also Northstar thanks to the Children of the Vault can reach lightspeed now, and before his upgrade his blows even hurt the Hulk. Also if Sasquatch goes Tanaraq, forget about it. Without that yes he is screwed. Basically the rest of Alpha Flight would act as a diversion while Mac does his magic.

Starscream M
Yeah he will take everyone else out, but that still leaves Mac to get his frequency as he is doing that and if he comes close to Mac he could BFR him. Also Northstar thanks to the Children of the Vault can reach lightspeed now, and before his upgrade his blows even hurt the Hulk. Also if Sasquatch goes Tanaraq, forget about it. Without that yes he is screwed. Basically the rest of Alpha Flight would act as a diversion while Mac does his magic. ok, but you concede that if Superman took out Mac in the start, he wins this pretty handily?

psycho gundam
does it really matter, Superman murders this team oh it matters alright.

-K-M-
ok, but you concede that if Superman took out Mac in the start, he wins this pretty handily?

Depends really on what Mac will do. Ideally one on one sans BFR yeah I would give Superman the nod if Mac doesn't pinpoint his frequency fast enough.

Originally posted by psycho gundam
oh it matters alright.

Indeed, if this is classic Guardian Superman would easily take it as no one would enough power to take him down.

TricksterPriest
BFR is pretty much their one hope. Superman is just too damn powerful. And if he has basic knowledge, he's not going to give Mac time to take him down.

Mac is fast, but he's not that fast. On the other hand, if Superman doesn't finish them off quickly, Mac can BFR him.

Basically, how serious is Superman fighting? If he's trying to win, he can take it, but he could lose a few based on BFR. If he's trying to kill, he can't lose.

-K-M-
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Mac is fast, but he's not that fast. On the other hand, if Superman doesn't finish them off quickly, Mac can BFR him.

Mac is very fast, he has moved faster then light and was thrown into a time vortex and traveled 5,000 years into the past

TricksterPriest
I'm gonna go look over the respect thread. To me, anyone matching Superman in combat reflexes is an uphill battle to prove.

TricksterPriest
*whistles* Impressive. He is fast, you're right. But he's not Superman fast.

Superman is faster than kryptonian computers when he's on his game.

If Superman doesn't go all out, or takes out the others first, Mac will get him.

And the time vortex thing isn't fair. That maneuver was almost suicidal for him.

batdude123

I'm curious as to what Guardian could do to stop Superman.

-K-M-
*whistles* Impressive. He is fast, you're right. But he's not Superman fast.

Superman is faster than kryptonian computers when he's on his game.

If Superman doesn't go all out, or takes out the others first, Mac will get him.

And the time vortex thing isn't fair. That maneuver was almost suicidal for him.

He's not, unless he activates the fail-safe in his suit

Which is rare sadly

If Superman takes Mac out first, then the rest of AF is screwed.

Because he was seriously injuired, his suit was damaged and he was human when he did the feat. He got an upgrade right after the vortex making him stronger then ever and was built to take on Galactus because of it.

Originally posted by batdude123

I'm curious as to what Guardian could do to stop Superman.

His blasts are pretty potent even one-shotting a weakened Galactus, but I don't think that would be key to beating Superman. If Mac locks on Superman's brain pattern he literally could shut it down like he has done to others. Mac's frequency adjusting is top notch he was the only one who could power Galactus' machines and the group had people like Quasar, Sersi, BOX in it.

batdude123
His blasts are pretty potent even one-shotting a weakened Galactus, but I don't think that would be key to beating Superman. If Mac locks on Superman's brain pattern he literally could shut it down like he has done to others. Mac's frequency adjusting is top notch he was the only one who could power Galactus' machines and the group had people like Quasar, Sersi, BOX in it.

What's to stop Superman from creating a counter-frequency himself, as he's been shown to do on quite a few occasions?

A more likely scenario than Guardian doing all that would be Superman KOing him with a right cross to the jaw.

-K-M-
What's to stop Superman from creating a counter-frequency himself, as he's been shown to do on quite a few occasions?

A more likely scenario than Guardian doing all that would be Superman KOing him with a right cross to the jaw.

Mac can simply adjust to that, and if I were to wager Mac's frequency control is far more potent then Superman's as he has the frequency feats to back it up. Also it's a tad hard to counter a frequency with your brain shut off :P

If he goes for Mac first, then yes.

batdude123
Mac can simply adjust to that, and if I were to wager Mac's frequency control is far more potent then Superman's as he has the frequency feats to back it up. Also it's a tad hard to counter a frequency with your brain shut off :P

Oh, so Mac has feats that are greater than Superman creating a counter frequency to an entire planet, and therefore, sending that planet to a different dimension?

If he goes for Mac first, then yes.

He wouldn't have to go for Mac first.

-K-M-
Oh, so Mac has feats that are greater than Superman creating a counter frequency to an entire planet, and therefore, sending that planet to a different dimension?

He wouldn't have to go for Mac first.

Actually yeah, Mac caused an entire planet and an entire alien armada from different dimensions to swap places with each other.

The longer Superman gives him time to pinpoint Superman's frequency the worse off for him. Mac has shut down Doom's shield with ease, no one has ever done that before.

batdude123
Actually yeah, Mac caused an entire planet and an entire alien armada from different dimensions to swap places with each other.

The longer Superman gives him time to pinpoint Superman's frequency the worse off for him. Mac has shut down Doom's shield with ease, no one has ever done that before.

Before I get ahead of myself, are you referring to this right here?

Teleportation
---------------------------------------------
Sent by the Qwrln to gather Earth forces to fight off Galactus who has arrived on their planet forcing them to teleport their planet to a different dimension. As they were the ones responsible for turning Guardian into a cyborg, he must aid them and activates his computer mind and teleports Sersi, Windshear, Quasar, Hercules, Guardian (Heather), Vision, and Box v.4 all against their will instantly into another dimension

1. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlight99-19.jpg
2. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlight99-21.jpg
3. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlight99-22.jpg
4. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlight99-23.jpg

-K-M-
Before I get ahead of myself, are you referring to this right here?

No, after Mac defeated Galactus he made a deal with him to power his machines to teleport the planet and the armada.

batdude123
No, after Mac defeated Galactus he made a deal with him to power his machines to teleport the planet and the armada.

Okay? That's completely different then...

-K-M-
Okay? That's completely different then...

Mac was the only one who can generate the flux they needed to activate the machine only he could acheive that. Not even BOX, Quasar, Sersi or the weakened Galactus could.

batdude123
Mac was the only one who can generate the flux they needed to activate the machine only he could acheive that. Not even BOX, Quasar, Sersi or the weakened Galactus could.

Which is all fine and dandy, but it's not even close to what you were implying earlier. erm

Superman sent a planet to another dimension with his own power, and not by using a machine in order to accomplish it.

carver9
Why is a weakened galactus so underrated on the forum. A weakened galactus stalemated ego, also defeated thanos and almost stalemated phoenix. If mac did take down a weakened galactus who is >>>>>>> superman then he shouldnt have a problem in this fight.

I did not know that he was that powerful.

carver9
Which is all fine and dandy, but it's not even close to what you were implying earlier. erm

Superman sent a planet to another dimension with his own power, and not by using a machine in order to accomplish it.

he only hurt the planet which lead to it leading itself to another dimension. sad

Not a good feat to use. confused

batdude123
Originally posted by carver9
he only hurt the planet which lead to it leading itself to another dimension. sad

Not a good feat to use. confused

no expression

Once again, you have absolutely no idea what the f*ck you're talking about. erm

carver9
no expression

Once again, you have absolutely no idea what the f*ck you're talking about. erm

Show me this scan. confused

batdude123
Show me this scan. confused

So you admit you've never seen it, and were in fact, talking out of your ass in your previous post? erm

carver9
So you admit you've never seen it, and were in fact, talking out of your ass in your previous post? erm

I guess I was talking out my ass if we're not talking about the same comic. Thats why I asked for a scan.

batdude123
I guess I was talking out my ass if we're not talking about the same comic. Thats why I asked for a scan.

http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=adventuresofsuperman617fi2.jpg

He created a counter-frequency to its vibrational pattern, thus exorcising it from our reality. No where was it mentioned that he "hurt" the planet, and made it scurry away. Plus, the idea of a planet being able to feel pain is completely asinine. erm

batdude123
I just realized you're thinking of All-Star Superman... smile

carver9
http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=adventuresofsuperman617fi2.jpg

He created a counter-frequency to its vibrational pattern, thus exorcising it from our reality. No where was it mentioned that he "hurt" the planet, and made it scurry away. Plus, the idea of a planet being able to feel pain is completely asinine. erm

amazing feat, very amazing.

thats who I thought you were talking about.

-K-M-

Earlier? I mentioned he powered Galactus machines a few times

Oh your talking about when SUperman saved the omniverse by vibrating, I thought you were talking about something else. Do you seriously believe he is going to do that in battle?

Eel O'Brian

Oh your talking about when SUperman saved the omniverse by vibrating, I thought you were talking about something else. Do you seriously believe he is going to do that in battle? When you stated that Mac's dimensional switching feat > Superman's, you never made mention of him using a machine to accomplish the job.

As for what Superman's bound to do in battle, if he's attacked via frequency, it's entirely possible for him to oppose it with the skill he demonstrated in that scan.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Eel O'Brian
When you stated that Mac's dimensional switching feat > Superman's, you never made mention of him using a machine to accomplish the job.

As for what Superman's bound to do in battle, if he's attacked via frequency, it's entirely possible for him to oppose it with the skill he demonstrated in that scan.

Uuuhh Yeah I did (first page)

Mac's frequency adjusting is top notch he was the only one who could power Galactus' machines and the group had people like Quasar, Sersi, BOX in it.

I highly highly doubt he would

Eel O'Brian

-K-M-

Yeah which was after I mentioned he powered Galactus machine on the first page, and I even again said he powered Galactus machine on the 2nd page erm

The feat is he was the only one who could pinpoint the frequency, not the teleportation feat

Eel O'Brian
Yeah which was after I mentioned he powered Galactus machine on the first page, and I even again said he powered Galactus machine on the 2nd page erm

The feat is he was the only one who could pinpoint the frequency, not the teleportation feat I'm just trying to explain the confusion, not saying you didn't clarify.

I know you're beyond misconstruing scans to try and win a debate.

I, like Batdude, took the feat mentioned in my quote to be a seperate feat from the Galactus bit.

You then mentioned it as a whole and Batdude made his comment about what the bit in my quote seemed to imply. srug

-K-M-
I'm just trying to explain the confusion, not saying you didn't clarify.

I know you're beyond misconstruing scans to try and win a debate.

I, like Batdude, took the feat mentioned in my quote to be a seperate feat from the Galactus bit.

You then mentioned it as a whole and Batdude made his comment about what the bit in my quote seemed to imply. srug

Gotcha, which is fair as I should have made it clearer.

xmarksthespot
Does this frequency lock on to brain thing bear any resemblance to telepathic locking on to minds? Because if it does, telepathy does not work well on speedsters iirc, which may translate analogously to this...

-K-M-
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Does this frequency lock on to brain thing bear any resemblance to telepathic locking on to minds? Because if it does, telepathy does not work well on speedsters iirc, which may translate analogously to this...

Nope, it's more of an E-M manipulation as Mac has shut down a powerful telepathy user and blocked other people from being affected by the telepath. It's different

Knowsbleed33
one, guardian can't BFR what he can't see

Uh oh. It's the speed equation again.

What the heck is Puck doing here?

Mindset

And telepathy has worked on speedsters.

Mindset
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Uh oh. It's the speed equation again.

What the heck is Puck doing here?

Puck will solo Supes, THAT'S WHAT HE'S DOING HERE!

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Mindset
And telepathy has worked on speedsters. When they're not moving so fast that it doesn't yeah. no expression

Mindset
When they're not moving so fast that it doesn't yeah. no expression

How did MM communicate with Flash when he was running around, or Supes when he was flying at high speeds? embarrasment

xmarksthespot
I suppose it's because his mind is also capable of working at superspeeds. I can't remember where I saw this noted anyway. So meh.

occultdestroyer
Supes

snoopdogg
Which version of Mac? The most recent version up to his death.

batdude123

Oh your talking about when SUperman saved the omniverse by vibrating, I thought you were talking about something else. Do you seriously believe he is going to do that in battle?

When I asked you this...

What I meant was "does Guardian have any frequency feats that matches what Superman did."

Sorry if you misunderstood me.

In any case, Superman takes this fight imo.

Avlon
i dont know if a frequency lock would be effective as silver banshee can do the same thing and it hasnt worked for her.

Supes can also double up on abilities usinng spped with hv

TricksterPriest
Regarding telepaths, it's mainly Marvel telepaths who have problems with speed.

Best example is Exodus having trouble locking onto Quicksilver who blitzed him. Or Surfer blitzing telepaths.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Avlon
i dont know if a frequency lock would be effective as silver banshee can do the same thing and it hasnt worked for her.

How is her wail similar to Mac's frequency adjusting?

Aye, Gorilla Grodd has been successful against the Flash many times.

OneDumbG0

Best example is Exodus having trouble locking onto Quicksilver who blitzed him. Or Surfer blitzing telepaths. When did this happen? Exodus kinda pwned Quicksilver effortlessly in Genosha during the Avengers/X-Men crossover 'Blood Ties.'

OneDumbG0
How is her wail similar to Mac's frequency adjusting?Does Guardian use vibrational frequencies to do his feats... or electromagnetic frequencies? Because being able to vibrate cross-dimensionally doesn't appear to be an appropriate defense to electromagnetic frequency manipulation. Anybody else see a problem with this?

-K-M-
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Does Guardian use vibrational frequencies to do his feats... or electromagnetic frequencies? Because being able to vibrate cross-dimensionally doesn't appear to be an appropriate defense to electromagnetic frequency manipulation. Anybody else see a problem with this?

Electromagnetic frequencies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.