Dr.Doom runs a gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

llagrok
Dr.Doom takes on some of the Marvel teams.

- Doom's bloodlusted
- Heals up after every fight
- Gets 30 minutes of supplementary prep if he makes it past 4. Meaning that he can boost himself, but not prep weapons.
- He loses any stolen powers after the fight
- Team's are not bloodlusted

Team 1: X-factor
Multiple man
Havok
Strong Guy
Wolfsbane

Team 2: The New Avengers
Luke Cage
Spider-woman (the skrull probably)
Wolverine
Iron Fist
Spider-man
Hawkeye

Team 3: X-men
Emma Frost
Colossus
Cyclops
Beast
Shadowcat

Team 4: The Inhumans
Karnak
Gorgon
Medusa
Krystal
Maximus the mad

Team 5: The Asgardians
Balder
Fandrall
Hogun
Volstagg
Heimdall

Team 6: The Brotherhood
Current Quicksilver
Unus the invincible
Magneto
Toad
Sabretooth

Team 7: Femme Fatale
Enchantress
Polaris
She-Hulk
Magma
Sif

Team 8: The End
Savage Hulk
Iron Man
Magneto
Loki

llagrok
No one?

carnage52
clears this.

jinzin
I think Doom'd have enough trouble putting down team 1. Don't think he's getting past team two.

guy222
1 or 2

george '06
rapes his way to 5 then starts having trouble, rapes 6 & 7 gets stopped at 8

srankmissingnin
If he gets past 2, he isn't getting past team 3 and a Kitty Pride fastball special.

llagrok
Originally posted by jinzin
I think Doom'd have enough trouble putting down team 1. Don't think he's getting past team two.

Wow, really?

He could one-shot anyone on either of those teams.

carnage52
Originally posted by llagrok
Wow, really?

He could one-shot anyone on either of those teams. agreed.everyone falls before doom!(except batgod)

Bouboumaster
Stop at 8

Priest
Guy's read Mighty Avengers 11, Doom gets to 5 at the least. The only person that can beat Doom on this list is Loki imo.

jinzin
Wow, really?

He could one-shot anyone on either of those teams.
Dunno about that one.

redhotrash
lol, the reason Jin says he stops at team 2 is because Wolverine is on that team. Be serious, anyone on there would take way too much time just getting through his shields, let alone taking him out. Since he doesnt get prep until team 4, I say he has a lot of trouble on 3. Shadowcat and Emma both could cause him issues if his standard equipment cant counter their specific powers.

llagrok
Dunno about that one.

Really now? Who wouldn't Doom be capable of one-shotting?

Jugglenaut
Doom still has magic to supplement his tech. He can easily get to the Asgardians as a minimum.

OneDumbG0
He should clear Team 1. Multiple Man is tough, but wouldn't a sleeping gas, hypnotic suggestion or mind attack neutralize him? Doom could take Team 2. Harder than some people assume. Easier than others think. Each and every one of these foes could be taken out with a single traditional blast.

Team 3... his psi-blockers would have to go into over-drive. But I don't think Kitty is as great a factor as some people think she is. Doom actually has intimate knowledge of Kitty's powers because the X-Men actually went to Doom to save her life from a state of intangibility. Doom studied her and it's safe to say he has a method of incapacitating her powers.

Team 4 is tough if Karnak + Crystal could somehow coordinate an attack on some weak spot. Maximus' psionic powers would probably hit a roadblock against Doom's will. Team 5... hard to say if he could take these guys on. Heimdall is fierce... I think he stops at team 6. Unus is dead btw. Barring that technicality and some cheap BFR trick, the combined onslaught between Magneto and Quicksilver might prove too much even if he is personally immune to Magneto's powers.

llagrok
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
He should clear Team 1. Multiple Man is tough, but wouldn't a sleeping gas, hypnotic suggestion or mind attack neutralize him? Doom could take Team 2. Harder than some people assume. Easier than others think. Each and every one of these foes could be taken out with a single traditional blast.

Team 3... his psi-blockers would have to go into over-drive. But I don't think Kitty is as great a factor as some people think she is. Doom actually has intimate knowledge of Kitty's powers because the X-Men actually went to Doom to save her life from a state of intangibility. Doom studied her and it's safe to say he has a method of incapacitating her powers.

Team 4 is tough if Karnak + Crystal could somehow coordinate an attack on some weak spot. Maximus' psionic powers would probably hit a roadblock against Doom's will. Team 5... hard to say if he could take these guys on. Heimdall is fierce... I think he stops at team 6. Unus is dead btw. Barring that technicality and some cheap BFR trick, the combined onslaught between Magneto and Quicksilver might prove too much even if he is personally immune to Magneto's powers.

Unus isn't the only dead one here.

jinzin
Really now? Who wouldn't Doom be capable of one-shotting?
Strong Guy
Cage
and Wolverine are all big amounts of iffy IMO.

jinzin
Originally posted by redhotrash
lol, the reason Jin says he stops at team 2 is because Wolverine is on that team. Be serious, anyone on there would take way too much time just getting through his shields, let alone taking him out. Since he doesnt get prep until team 4, I say he has a lot of trouble on 3. Shadowcat and Emma both could cause him issues if his standard equipment cant counter their specific powers.
Are you serious?

You've got Spiderman, with the useof her pheremones in action she might severly hinder Doom's rationality and actions.

Luke Cage is dangerous as hell since he's the member of that group who's not only going to be hard to hurt in the first place but is also capible of physically restraining Doom if he got his hands on him.

Of course with Wolverine's damage soak speed and claws he represents a massive threat to Doom. It should be taken into consideration that with Doom's attention focused away from Wolverine there's a huge possibility of Wolverine simply jumping Doom and running him through.

Iron Fist is turning trains into debris nowdays... You can't possibly tell me that's NOT impressive enough to be threatening to Doom.

Spider-man, hard to hit, hard to target, has a solid punch, pain in the ass webbing and has kicked the ass of half the Marvel Universe by himself.

Hawkeye took down an entire Ultron invasion ship with one arrow. His distance advantage could and would easily allow everyone else on team two to get within melee range.

Anyone of these people should be able to give Doom a rough time ALONE, as a team they would effectively cream his ass IMO. This is of course all based on Doom's typicial representations over the years so if he's recently had some amount of uber upgrades forgive my ignorance. If that's not the case however, you bet your ass no one here has to be a Wolverine fan to think team 2 could be the team that takes Doom down.
He doesn't even have prep til he gets to four. no expression

Mindset
I just don't see it jinzin, I just don't see it.

jinzin
Are you serious?

You've got Spiderman, Whoops, meant SpiderWOMAN. lol. embarrasment

Mindset
Would the pheromones even reach Doom?

Mr. Slippyfist
Ugh...

jinzin
Originally posted by Mindset
Would the pheromones even reach Doom? I don't see why they wouldn't. confused

Mindset
Does Doom not have any defenses against, smoke bombs or knock out gas, etc?

WOuld the Pheromones get past his suit is what I'm asking.

Mr. Slippyfist
Or his shield... s.

Mindset
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Or his shield... s.

Yea, that too. smile

redhotrash
"Are you serious?

You've got Spiderman, with the useof her pheremones in action she might severly hinder Doom's rationality and actions. "

As was said, if Doom doesnt have basic gas/phermone protection, he doesnt deserve his status as top tier.

"Luke Cage is dangerous as hell since he's the member of that group who's not only going to be hard to hurt in the first place but is also capible of physically restraining Doom if he got his hands on him."

Firstly I think Dr. Doom's suit gives him higher strength than Cage, secondly how often does Doom involve himself physically in his fights? The guy's gauntlets can level buildings.

"Of course with Wolverine's damage soak speed and claws he represents a massive threat to Doom. It should be taken into consideration that with Doom's attention focused away from Wolverine there's a huge possibility of Wolverine simply jumping Doom and running him through. "

Assuming Doom lets his shields down, doesnt fly, forgets his magic, and doesnt use any type of repulsor blast, yeah Wolverine could possibly do that....

"Iron Fist is turning trains into debris nowdays... You can't possibly tell me that's NOT impressive enough to be threatening to Doom. "

Its strange, the guy who on paper should be the least threat would probably give Doom the most trouble here. Still he'd go down and I'll explain why in a moment.

"Spider-man, hard to hit, hard to target, has a solid punch, pain in the ass webbing and has kicked the ass of half the Marvel Universe by himself. "

Spider-man would be annoying, but hes not on the same level. Also he has no way of getting pash Doom's shields. Actually most this team shouldnt be able to bypass them.

"Hawkeye took down an entire Ultron invasion ship with one arrow. His distance advantage could and would easily allow everyone else on team two to get within melee range. "

Hawkeye also has standard human durability. Doom could arguably KILL him in standard hand to hand without his suit. He might be able to put something together here, but he isnt agile enough or durable enough to survive a blast

"Anyone of these people should be able to give Doom a rough time ALONE, as a team they would effectively cream his ass IMO. This is of course all based on Doom's typicial representations over the years so if he's recently had some amount of uber upgrades forgive my ignorance. If that's not the case however, you bet your ass no one here has to be a Wolverine fan to think team 2 could be the team that takes Doom down.
He doesn't even have prep til he gets to four"

I dont see how anyone here can give Doom a run 1 vs 1. As a team they might take some time to beat, but honestly if Doom tosses up his standard shield and picks them off one at a time, he'd win. Most of this team is 1 shottable (as least towards a knockout) and most of them have no means of even getting to Doom.

jinzin
"As was said, if Doom doesnt have basic gas/phermone protection, he doesnt deserve his status as top tier.
Having some sort of failsafe in case someone tries to gas him in the face is one thing. That's ideal, possible and plausible but pharemones act as a scent in the air more often than not.
So if you're under the impression that he'd be unhindered by her pharemones you must also be under the impression that he has some perma-filter on 24/7.
Keeping in mind he has no prep, AND her pharemone ability isn't common knowledge.

Firstly I think Dr. Doom's suit gives him higher strength than Cage, secondly how often does Doom involve himself physically in his fights? The guy's gauntlets can level buildings.
Does it? I was always under the impression he usually operates at the 20-30 ton range.
I mean I know he's traded blows with heavy hitters but I think that has to do with his armor's durability.
And he engages in melee combat when he's set against overwhelming numbers...like here.

Assuming Doom lets his shields down, doesnt fly, forgets his magic, and doesnt use any type of repulsor blast, yeah Wolverine could possibly do that....
HIs shields aren't up all the time. confused
Magic takes time and focus, can he use it while bloodlusted and under attack from multiple opponents? maybe.
Repulsor blasts have been dodged by Namor, you've got multiple people on this team that can dodge as good or better from a distance.
His flight's tough to get around but it's not worth bragging about.

And that's the thing you've just equated all of Doom's powers against one opponent. He's fighting a load.

Spider-man would be annoying, but hes not on the same level. Also he has no way of getting pash Doom's shields. Actually most this team shouldnt be able to bypass them. No one said he's on the same level... confused

That's why it's important that he's fighting on a TEAM.
His shields are not up all the time.

Hawkeye also has standard human durability. Doom could arguably KILL him in standard hand to hand without his suit. He might be able to put something together here, but he isnt agile enough or durable enough to survive a blast
His martial skill has increased a LOAD since the last time they fought when he was still essentiall a rookie.

I dont see how anyone here can give Doom a run 1 vs 1. As a team they might take some time to beat, but honestly if Doom tosses up his standard shield and picks them off one at a time, he'd win. Most of this team is 1 shottable (as least towards a knockout) and most of them have no means of even getting to Doom. I didn't say a run. I said rough time. They'd all be able to produce a pain in Doom's ass. In a team vs. one scenario I think they can beat him. If Doom's staying at a distance his repulsors are easier to dodge. If he floats in the air he's a sitting duck for Hawkeye.
Bloodlust suggests he probably won't be fighting a defensive battle, that combined with pharemones are going to counteract the intelligence Doom fights with, I don't see how you think this scenario plays to Dooms favor.

Mindset
Actually, Doom's magic doesn't take time or focus( at least not enough focus to hinder him), he was doing it on the fly while fight the Mighty Avengers.

The Illuminati
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Stop at 8

yes

Mindset
I forgot to say, the pheromone also isn't that big of a deal, Luke Cage, Wolverine, and Spiderman were affected by it but they were still able to fight. The reason it affected the Wrecker is because he stopped to talk to her and he is an idiot.

And do you really think w/o pis, Doom wouldn't have his shield up agaisnt a group of people?

Mr. Slippyfist
Doom's magic was working instantaneously when he first really started using magic...

OneDumbG0
Are you serious?

You've got Spiderman, with the useof her pheremones in action she might severly hinder Doom's rationality and actions.

Luke Cage is dangerous as hell since he's the member of that group who's not only going to be hard to hurt in the first place but is also capible of physically restraining Doom if he got his hands on him.

Of course with Wolverine's damage soak speed and claws he represents a massive threat to Doom. It should be taken into consideration that with Doom's attention focused away from Wolverine there's a huge possibility of Wolverine simply jumping Doom and running him through.

Iron Fist is turning trains into debris nowdays... You can't possibly tell me that's NOT impressive enough to be threatening to Doom.

Spider-man, hard to hit, hard to target, has a solid punch, pain in the ass webbing and has kicked the ass of half the Marvel Universe by himself.

Hawkeye took down an entire Ultron invasion ship with one arrow. His distance advantage could and would easily allow everyone else on team two to get within melee range.

Anyone of these people should be able to give Doom a rough time ALONE, as a team they would effectively cream his ass IMO. This is of course all based on Doom's typicial representations over the years so if he's recently had some amount of uber upgrades forgive my ignorance. If that's not the case however, you bet your ass no one here has to be a Wolverine fan to think team 2 could be the team that takes Doom down.
He doesn't even have prep til he gets to four. no expression Dr. Doom's suit provides protection against pheremone based powers. He used Purple Man to take over the world. Which doesn't really matter anyway. Because when Purple Man goaded him into turning off his armor's protection, Doom resisted the Purple Man's powers with nothing but his will. Purple Man's pheremone based powers are far superior to Spiderwoman's. Cage was nearly killed by Lucia Von Bardas with her inferior Doom ripoff tech. Doom would easily do the same. Wolverine has insane damage soak but he in no way has any ability to get past Doom's shields. None. Iron Fist would give Doom's shields a workout, but he ain't punching through force blasts or magic yet. Which Doom has plenty of. Spiderman and Hawkeye, same thing.

They have maybe a 1/10 chance due solely to Doom's over-confidence. He could very well be goaded into dropping his shields. But he's taken a straight shot from Thing to the face without forcefields and it barely registered a response and he proceeded to pound on him.

Mindset
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Doom's magic was working instantaneously when he first really started using magic...

Why you always gotta try to show me up. mad

jinzin
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Dr. Doom's suit provides protection against pheremone based powers. He used Purple Man to take over the world. Which doesn't really matter anyway. Because when Purple Man goaded him into turning off his armor's protection, Doom resisted the Purple Man's powers with nothing but his will. Purple Man's pheremone based powers are far superior to Spiderwoman's. Cage was nearly killed by Lucia Von Bardas with her inferior Doom ripoff tech. Doom would easily do the same. Wolverine has insane damage soak but he in no way has any ability to get past Doom's shields. None. Iron Fist would give Doom's shields a workout, but he ain't punching through force blasts or magic yet. Which Doom has plenty of. Spiderman and Hawkeye, same thing.

They have maybe a 1/10 chance due solely to Doom's over-confidence. He could very well be goaded into dropping his shields. But he's taken a straight shot from Thing to the face without forcefields and it barely registered a response and he proceeded to pound on him.

Didn't know Doom's suit was pheromone resistant. I figured Purple Man was something he prepped for or was at least aware of unlike Jessica.
Can't really say how Wolverine would be able to do against Doom's shields. As far as I'm aware there's no proof of anything one way or the other, Onslaught's sheilds were resistant to the same types of attacks Doom's have proven to be and he still shredded through that.

Spiderman can be plenty distracting enough to make openings for the rest of the team, as for Doom not having his shields up 100% of the time.. There's nothing PIS about it, it falls under CIS, perhaps even some matter concerning Doom's armor not yet mentioned but he doesn't have them up 100% of the time when he fights.

Mindset
Didn't know Doom's suit was pheromone resistant. I figured Purple Man was something he prepped for or was at least aware of unlike Jessica.
Can't really say how Wolverine would be able to do against Doom's shields. As far as I'm aware there's no proof of anything one way or the other, Onslaught's sheilds were resistant to the same types of attacks Doom's have proven to be and he still shredded through that.

Spiderman can be plenty distracting enough to make openings for the rest of the team, as for Doom not having his shields up 100% of the time.. There's nothing PIS about it, it falls under CIS, perhaps even some matter concerning Doom's armor not yet mentioned but he doesn't have them up 100% of the time when he fights.

Well he had them up when MA attacked him.

Against a bunch of street levelers I don't see how he loses

xmarksthespot
Emma Frost is being pushed as a peer of Xavier/Exodus with regards to her telepathic power recently. And adding to this recent push her telepathic skill has always been refined enough to enable her to defeat telepaths of higher power like Rachel. She's also shown she can bypass technological telepathic shielding. Kept safe and intangible by Kitty, with the others serving as cannon fodder distractions maybe they can win this way.

But meh, I don't know how strong Doom's psishielding is shown to be, so they probably die. If this doesn't work, 6 and if not 6, then 8.

It does beg the question how the Fantastic Four ever win.

jinzin
Originally posted by Mindset
Well he had them up when MA attacked him.

Against a bunch of street levelers. When?

Mindset
The only time he fought them

~The Wickerman~
Well since SOMEHOW the discussion became about Team 2, how can any of them escape Doom's magic like oh I dunno, the crimson bands?

Also, how come nobody's mentioned his "fight" with spiderman where spiderman tried to run like a scared little girl....and couldn't escape him ?

OneDumbG0

Spiderman can be plenty distracting enough to make openings for the rest of the team, as for Doom not having his shields up 100% of the time.. There's nothing PIS about it, it falls under CIS, perhaps even some matter concerning Doom's armor not yet mentioned but he doesn't have them up 100% of the time when he fights. Even if Doom was in some suit that would allow for pheremones to penetrate, Dr. Doom was able to overcome Purple Man's pheremone powers. Spiderwoman's pheremone potency is several magnitudes below that and only serve to subtley seduce those who are afflicted. When has boneclaw Wolverine ever shredded through Onslaught's shields? The only instance I can conjure up is him slashing at Onslaught's energy form in a combined assault right before Onslaught blows up and that was extraordinarily circumstantial and hardly analagous. Go to Doom's respect thread and look at what his forcefield's have stood up to.

Even if Doom's shields were down, he could simply turn them on in a fight. If he felt endangered at all, they'd be up instantly. Besides his armor has taken shots from Namor and Thing without any problem. He's also slapped away a Mjolnir toss with it. It's not as if he would need his forcefields against this group anyway.

Mr. Slippyfist
Doom's armor alone was taking multiple shots from Sentry to no effect. He also took a massive cheapshot to the chin from Sentry and ended up f*cking him over... apparently, he can't stand against the armor tearing, but meh...

Anyway, he was completely shielding every attack from the MA (Wonderman, Ares, Wasp), and attacking at the same time, so really...

OneDumbG0
^ I was looking at scans of the Mighty Avengers fight again and I noticed something. At the beginning, the term "armor shield" is used and used quite often as applied to both Iron Man and Dr. Doom:
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/MightyAvengers9-020.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/MightyAvengers9-021.jpg

But then in the climax, the term is now "security field" which is different:
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/MightyAvengers011TheBastard-Meganpg.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/MightyAvengers011TheBastard-Mega-3.jpg

Doesn't that seem odd? Now this is all speculation... but is it possible that it was the castle's "security fields" that were breached and his personal "armor shields" were still down? Which would help explain why Sentry so easily ripped his armor apart. I don't have the comic in my apartment. But can anyone look through their issues and check on the term inconsistency? Like, when the castle is first invaded... is there a "security field" breach? Did Doom in his 30 minutes ever actually recharge his armor upon returning from the past before Sentry attacked him?

All in all, the plain presentation of the scans suggest that Sentry simply breached his personal shields. And I have no problem believing that Sentry has that kind of power. Indeed, he's demonstrated power on that level before. And while tough to see... his eyes almost look Voided-out like when he fought Ultron. But the odd switch in terms is bothering me. Any help or input is appreciated.

jinzin
I hadn't seen that fight, that's why I was asking if he'd gone through any developments in recent. Seeing him take Sentry shots while pulsating with magic like a DBZ Dr. Strange does quite a ****in bit to persuade my opinion on the matter. Now I see why Doom's been getting so much credit here. I concede then that he's too much for team two.

Mr. Slippyfist
I hadn't seen that fight, that's why I was asking if he'd gone through any developments in recent. Seeing him take Sentry shots while pulsating with magic like a DBZ Dr. Strange does quite a ****in bit to persuade my opinion on the matter. Now I see why Doom's been getting so much credit here. I concede then that he's too much for team two. The only thing he's recently learned, is how to create an army using magic...

Otherwise, his magic was only being expanded on in that arc. Back in the old days, he's punked magicians in packs when he was a self admitted n00b, and even almost had Strange. Then he was trained by Strange for quite a while, and he's also had other sorcerers teach him everything they know. So ya, he's pretty proficient in magic.

You should visit the respect thread to see some other crazy shit he's done. wink

jinzin
I knew he was capible in magic, I've seen quite a bit of the things he's done using it. Haven't seen him use it lots of fights though except for reaching a means to an end like the soul sword or the bands etc.

Mr. Slippyfist
I knew he was capible in magic, I've seen quite a bit of the things he's done using it. Haven't seen him use it lots of fights though except for reaching a means to an end like the soul sword or the bands etc. He's got some magic feats here and there, but to be honest, most writers only have him using his tech. Which is good, but I wish they would combine the two some time.
When he does use it though, it's pretty damn good. Like when he beat a bunch of magic users that were made by the Vishanti. He even managed to rock Classic Beyonder with a blast... shifty

Meh.

redhotrash
Agreed that writers arent consistant enough with his magic. I did like how they showed him as a capable h2h fighter when he killed that lion while naked.
Also, I missed the comics (purposely didnt read it actually) but I heard something about a Doom vs Black Panther stalemate (what a crock) were Doom was spewing off like a racist a-hole. Is that all true?

llagrok
Agreed that writers arent consistant enough with his magic. I did like how they showed him as a capable h2h fighter when he killed that lion while naked.
Also, I missed the comics (purposely didnt read it actually) but I heard something about a Doom vs Black Panther stalemate (what a crock) were Doom was spewing off like a racist a-hole. Is that all true?

Doom is racist.

Anyone who's not Von doom, is inferior.

Mr. Slippyfist
Also, I missed the comics (purposely didnt read it actually) but I heard something about a Doom vs Black Panther stalemate (what a crock) were Doom was spewing off like a racist a-hole. Is that all true? Doom punked BP while BP was in his BET suit... in h2h...

As for the other stuff, ya...

redhotrash
Well I mean talking down to people isnt racist, thats just Doom being Doom. But I dunno, it doesnt even seem in character for him to be bringing race up. His mom was gypsy and he has Atlanteans throwing slumber parties in his castle.

Mindset
Well I mean talking down to people isnt racist, thats just Doom being Doom. But I dunno, it doesnt even seem in character for him to be bringing race up. His mom was gypsy and he has Atlanteans throwing slumber parties in his castle.

His whole family was gypsies.

jinzin
Doom is racist.

Anyone who's not Von doom, is inferior.

laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.