Placing spiderman and wolverine on jla

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
If you had to switch spiderman and wolverine out for one of the characters on the below list from the jla who would it be?

Martian manhunter
Batman
Superman

Once you pick, that character never existed with the jla and all the events that happened with that character wolverine and spiderman was there instead of this character.

Who would you choose?

ScarletSpeed
Martian Manhunter,

never really cared for him.

psycho gundam
obviously j'onn, his absence is probably less of an impact to their total history.

carver9
Well jon was one of the main reasons why they defeated the white martians.

george '06
superman, theyve got powerhouses galore
but j'onn networks them, and batman has financed all there headquarters hant he?

Badabing
J'onn is basically the reason there is a JLA....

carver9
Originally posted by Badabing
J'onn is basically the reason there is a JLA....

forgot about that. sad

illadelph12
Actually, I'd remove Superman because it would force the other heroes to carry more of the weight and reach their full potential. I think it's been stated on panel by a couple characters that they never truly worry because they always know no matter what Superman will be there to save the day. No Superman would force them to step their collective and individual games' up.

spetznaz
Originally posted by carver9
If you had to switch spiderman and wolverine out for one of the characters on the below list from the jla who would it be?

Martian manhunter
Batman
Superman

Once you pick, that character never existed with the jla and all the events that happened with that character wolverine and spiderman was there instead of this character.

Who would you choose?

Your post actually has two aspects.

The first is who i would take out ...I'd have to say Superman. Reason is that Batman brings an important element to the team (an obtuse angle of thinking, which has been helpful in situations like the Obsidian Age arc ...where Batman came up with a strategy that he knew would end up giving them their bodies and lives back ....they had been dead for 3,000 years ....). The Martian Manhunter is also very important to the JLA, not only because he is Superman with additional powers, and not just due to how he links the entire team together telepathically ....but mostly because he is the backbone of the JLA. The one person who has constantly been there through its various incarnations.

Losing Superman would be hard, but of the 3 he is (believe it or not) the most expendable (even though losing him would be a problem when the team faced pan-cosmic threats).

The SECOND aspect of your post is the one to do with Wolverine and Spiderman!

To be honest with you, even if offered I would NOT take the two. They would be useless ....absolutely useless ....on the JLA.

They do not bring anything in terms of strength, neither do they bring anything in terms of speed (yeah, Spiderman is fast ....but on the JLA he is a statue), neither do they bring anything in terms of strategy (compared to MM or BM they are useless), nor in terms of brainpower (yeah, Peter Parker is a genius, but his type of genius would not be the type the JLA requires). Wolverine is a great fighter, but in a team where all the main members apart from Batman can cut channels through mountains with their bare hands ....????

You also stated that those characters would be where Superman used to be in the past ....well, they would not have survived.

Anyways, if i had to take someone out i would take out Superman. He is the most 'replaceable' on the team.

As for Wolvie and Spidey ...to be honest I would rather select Nightwing (he has attributes that would be more beneficial to the JLA) rather than the two. I am not saying Grayson is better than Parker or Logan, it is just that the strengths he would bring to the team (Batman-lite ....one reason he was selected to head the JLA when the original team 'died') is greater than the mostly physical attributes Logan and Parker would bring (what use is an addition of spider-equivalent strength and speed, and a healing factor and adamantium claws, in a team comprised of gods of strength, speed, intellect, invulnerability, sorcery, psionics and a bunch of other powers ....and that is only looking at the 'main' members of the JLA)?

spetznaz
Actually, Wolverine and Spiderman would be great on the Teen Titans. They could provide a level of mentorship, and would be useful in the types of threat level those teams face. While they may pale in comparison to people like Raven, such a team would be perfect for them.

The JLA is several paygrades too high. Same for the JSA (which in a couple of cases has some people that are even higher up on the 'oomph-level' than those on the JLA).

The Teen Titans would be perfect.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.