Guardian Superman Prime w/Solarsuit-Classic Hal Jordan vs Thanos-Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Great Galen
Which team takes it?

Mr. Slippyfist
Surfer solos.

Way too fast for the team.

george '06
much as i hate to admit it, hal's thre weak link here
if you gave superman ion maybe.
then this'd be closer, but as is now, marvel team wins

OneDumbG0
Guardian Superman Prime was able to go toe-to-toe with Monarch. He in turn, defeated several incarnations of Justice League members from across the 52 universes at the same time. While Super-emo Prime may be a petulant child and many people wildly overblow some of his feats, I think his pure physical power in an amped state is enough to win this.

Could Thanos and Silver Surfer drain Guardian Superman Prime of his burgeoning amp the way that Monarch did when he fought him? I'm hard-pressed to believe so. It would require guile and versatility though, not raw power. That's all Guardian Superman Prime was.

The Great Galen
Well it would come down to SMP and thanos at the end. Sufer either loses to jordan or beats him, watever outcome he gets wrecked by prime easily and quickly,

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Well it would come down to SMP and thanos at the end. Sufer either loses to jordan or beats him, watever outcome he gets wrecked by prime easily and quickly, Originally posted by The Great Galen
What about the FTL speed, his intangible ability or his ability to go into the atral plane...

OneDumbG0
^ Good point Great Galen...

... nobody's tried a mental attack on Superman Prime yet. If Thanos and Surfer replicated what Thanos did against Galactus... then maybe...

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist

lol, that post was made in reference to Thanos whom isnt FTL. Prime would blitz norin and there isnt anything sufer could do that would harm him in any serious way.

bbrem123
surfer and thanos

Mr. Slippyfist
lol, that post was made in reference to Thanos whom isnt FTL. Prime would blitz norin Originally posted by The Great Galen
What about the FTL speed

and there isnt anything sufer could do that would harm him in any serious way. Originally posted by The Great Galen
his intangible ability or his ability to go into the atral plane...

The Great Galen
That would work against thanos but not prime, to fast.

Mr. Slippyfist
That would work against thanos but not prime, to fast. How would Prime blitz Surfer, but Surfer can't blitz Prime, when you're only logic is "FTL!!!"?
Jesus...

He's too fast for: Originally posted by The Great Galen
his intangible ability or his ability to go into the atral plane... ?

TricksterPriest
Given that Prime can punch through dimensions, even an astral form might be hurt by his fists. ermmhappy

The Great Galen
How would Prime blitz Surfer, but Surfer can't blitz Prime, when you're only logic is "FTL!!!"?
Jesus...

He's too fast for: ?

Prime blitz the flashes while surfer is constantly tagged by thor.

Galan007
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Guardian Superman Prime was able to go toe-to-toe with Monarch. He in turn, defeated several incarnations of Justice League members from across the 52 universes at the same time. While Super-emo Prime may be a petulant child and many people wildly overblow some of his feats, I think his pure physical power in an amped state is enough to win this.

Could Thanos and Silver Surfer drain Guardian Superman Prime of his burgeoning amp the way that Monarch did when he fought him? I'm hard-pressed to believe so. It would require guile and versatility though, not raw power. That's all Guardian Superman Prime was. thumb up

ultimatethor
Thanos and surfer double team after hal goes down

Mr. Slippyfist
Prime blitz the flashes while surfer is constantly tagged by thor. That's why Surfer will use his intangibility, and astral plane ability. smile

The Great Galen
2 bad norin gets ko after prime punches him....besides norin is not coming out untouched after fighting PC jordan.

MightyEInherjar
When has Surfer ever been taken out of the fight after a single punch?

TricksterPriest
Thanos............

And Prime can pretty much take everyone here.

ultimatethor
2 bad norin gets ko after prime punches him....besides norin is not coming out untouched after fighting PC jordan.

Norrin took direct punches from Tenebrous and a particularly hard too fisted smash without being koed. Prime is not knocking him out in one punch.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up You've taken a liking to Darth Nihilus I see.

I wish they would expand on him... sad

Galan007
You've taken a liking to Darth Nihilus I see.

I wish they would expand on him... sad i know sad. he's only had 1 comic appearance thumb down. but at least that 1 appearance was teh shit thumb up.

Mr. Slippyfist
i know sad. he's only had 1 comic appearance thumb down. but at least that 1 appearance was teh shit thumb up. Ya. He's appeared in Legacy once... as a sith holocron. Apparently he was able to survive through his costume after he was killed in KOTOR II.

Galan007
Ya. He's appeared in Legacy once... as a sith holocron. Apparently he was able to survive through his costume after he was killed in KOTOR II. thumb up

he was also in an issue of "star wars tales". that's the one where he killed an entire planet of force sensetives (billions), just by speaking.

Mr. Slippyfist
thumb up

he was also in an issue of "star wars tales". that's the one where he killed an entire planet of force sensetives (billions), just by speaking. I know... Unseen, Unheard... just saying he's been in more than one... two. stick out tongue

Although KOTOR II isn't the best game ever, I really wanted to play it again ever since reading Legacy 8 (?). Damn he's cool.

Galan007
I know... Unseen, Unheard... just saying he's been in more than one... two. stick out tongue true. i'm an idiot. sad

over

Mr. Slippyfist
That's the only appropriate course of action at this time, I'm afraid.

Galan007

Mr. Slippyfist
I'm partial to the:

"One cannot have power of that magnitude and still think and perceive the universe as we do."

Myself. Makes me think of cosmic deity's.

Ya, haven't read it in a while. It was either 8 or 7 for me... but apparently it was 5. Meh.

Priest
Team 2 because this thread sucks no expression

Galan007
I'm partial to the:

"One cannot have power of that magnitude and still think and perceive the universe as we do."

Myself. Makes me think of cosmic deity's. that one is good. thumb up

Ya, haven't read it in a while. It was either 8 or 7 for me... but apparently it was 5. Meh. well #5 was the one where he 'returned' from a holocron.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by ultimatethor
Norrin took direct punches from Tenebrous and a particularly hard too fisted smash without being koed. Prime is not knocking him out in one punch.

Because we all know SS has never been oneshotted by a skyfather level char before(cough..Odin). Even if he did survive the intial blow, to think SS would be any shape to fight after a brutal onslaught from prime is laughable....SS is constantly rocked by Thor for crying out loud.

Mr. Slippyfist
that one is good. thumb up

well #5 was the one where he 'returned' from a holocron. I know. I for some reason thought it was 8 or 7.

They should make series out of him where everything is translated. Or at least an origin story up until Malachor V (but show how he gets the Ravager up). I don't think it's going to happen, but a boy can dream.

Galan007
I know. I for some reason thought it was 8 or 7.

They should make series out of him where everything is translated. Or at least an origin story up until Malachor V (but show how he gets the Ravager up). I don't think it's going to happen, but a boy can dream. that would be sweet. maybe an origins book on that f*cker also. personally, i would really like to know how he rose to power.

janus77
Because we all know SS has never been oneshotted by a skyfather level char before(cough..Odin). Even if he did survive the intial blow, to think SS would be any shape to fight after a brutal onslaught from prime is laughable....SS is constantly rocked by Thor for crying out loud.
biased and chronologically flawed arrangement of 'facts'.

Surfer's fights with Thor are long before his upgrade via the blackbodies and UniLord (absorbing power from a dimensional God).

on top of that, he was given an upgrade by Galactus when he returned to service during Annihilation.

it was THEN that he demonstrated immense durability and stamina in hanging with Teneberous and Aegis for a while.

arrange the facts in a chronological order and the whole "but but Odin/Thor!!" thing becomes quite ... laughably weak.

Mr. Slippyfist
that would be sweet. maybe an origins book on that f*cker also. personally, i would really like to know how he rose to power. Apparently he just stated to get more and more powerful under Kreia, until finally he just shot up far above her.
That's all they really said about it... sad

Still though, so many things are left out, because KOTOR II was rushed, that they might as well make a series out of that as well. Although, that KOTOR comic series that's out right now might explain on it eventually... but it's not my favorite series ever. Plus, it only looks like the farthest they'll go is small showings of Revan...

Galan007
Apparently he just stated to get more and more powerful under Kreia, until finally he just shot up far above her.
That's all they really said about it... sad see, that's just not enough for my greedy ass. thumb down

Still though, so many things are left out, because KOTOR II was rushed, that they might as well make a series out of that as well. Although, that KOTOR comic series that's out right now might explain on it eventually... but it's not my favorite series ever. Plus, it only looks like the farthest they'll go is small showings of Revan... true. but like you said, that series has pretty much blown thus far. if nihilus ever does appear in it, i probably won't know because i haven't really followed it lol.

Mr. Slippyfist
see, that's just not enough for my greedy ass. thumb down

true. but like you said, that series has pretty much blown thus far. if nihilus ever does appear in it, i probably won't know because i haven't really followed it lol. I agree.

Pretty much. I've only been reading a couple issues because of Revan... but Revan's appearance are just that, appearances.

They should have a KOTOR II comic series elaborating on only the main characters in that game. Trying to get every bit of info out available, and not introduce a bunch of new characters. Start at the end of the War, and work up from there. Otherwise, I'll never be quite happy.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by janus77
biased and chronologically flawed arrangement of 'facts'.

Surfer's fights with Thor are long before his upgrade via the blackbodies and UniLord (absorbing power from a dimensional God).

on top of that, he was given an upgrade by Galactus when he returned to service during Annihilation.

it was THEN that he demonstrated immense durability and stamina in hanging with Teneberous and Aegis for a while.

arrange the facts in a chronological order and the whole "but but Odin/Thor!!" thing becomes quite ... laughably weak.

Didnt Galen simply release SS mental blocks in annihilation...I dont think it was an actual amp but more just him liberating his mind. Anyhow he might have stood up to aegis and teneberous but does that mean he'll hang with SMP. Even if he isnt oneshotted he will be destroyed regardless.....again this really does just come down between thanos and Prime.

Galan007
I agree.

Pretty much. I've only been reading a couple issues because of Revan... but Revan's appearance are just that, appearances.

They should have a KOTOR II comic series elaborating on only the main characters in that game. Trying to get every bit of info out available, and not introduce a bunch of new characters. Start at the end of the War, and work up from there. Otherwise, I'll never be quite happy. totally agree.

Soljer
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/

janus77
Didnt Galen simply release SS mental blocks in annihilation...I dont think it was an actual amp but more just him liberating his mind. Anyhow he might have stood up to aegis and teneberous but does that mean he'll hang with SMP. Even if he isnt oneshotted he will be destroyed regardless.....again this really does just come down between thanos and Prime.
no, he's had an upgrade prior to returning to service for Galactus.
he beat UniLord, a dimensional God. and in order to beat UniLord he had to give himself an upgrade, he also took in UniLord's powers too (but I think he released it all back, though not sure).

Galactus is implied to have upgraded him, as well as removed certain mental blocks.

I was taking issue with your presentation of the Surfer and specifically your use of Thor/Odin and other low showings.

Surfer would easily survive an attack from SMP, whether or not he could survive a sustained attack, the fact is that he would not get one-shotted and he would clearly be able to bring some threat to the fight. at the very least he would keep SMP distracted using his speed and intangibility.

he might even be able to affect SMP's mind, via astral plane attack!

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Soljer
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/
Guardian Superman Prime w/Solarsuit-Classic Hal Jordan vs Thanos-Silver Surfer
Started by: The Great Galen

Ie, this thread has no meaning.

Galan007
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/ no spam please. smile

Soljer
no spam please. smile
Bran's response was better.

Galan007
Bran's response was better. i agree. but do you have any idea how hard it is to following up a post like that? i'm doing my best here soljer.

Mr. Slippyfist
Anyway, since we got the Nihilus issue out of the way...

Is anyone watching Affliction?

Galan007
what's that about?

The Great Galen
Originally posted by janus77
no, he's had an upgrade prior to returning to service for Galactus.
he beat UniLord, a dimensional God. and in order to beat UniLord he had to give himself an upgrade, he also took in UniLord's powers too (but I think he released it all back, though not sure).

Galactus is implied to have upgraded him, as well as removed certain mental blocks.

I was taking issue with your presentation of the Surfer and specifically your use of Thor/Odin and other low showings.

Surfer would easily survive an attack from SMP, whether or not he could survive a sustained attack, the fact is that he would not get one-shotted and he would clearly be able to bring some threat to the fight. at the very least he would keep SMP distracted using his speed and intangibility.

he might even be able to affect SMP's mind, via astral plane attack!

SS speed would mean jack, we are talking about a guy who blitz the flashes. Assuming SS takes PC Jordan, the fact of the matter is he isnt coming untouched after this battle. A good shot from prime will do more then enough to make SS unreliable in this fight, Thanos vs SMP is how this will go down.

Mr. Slippyfist
what's that about? John McCain would call it 'human cockfighting', but anyone else would call it 'Fedor vs Tim'.

Galan007
ahh, you added that "L". question makes more sense now. clapclap

Mr. Slippyfist
ahh, you added that "L". question makes more sense now. clapclap ...

Didn't think you'd catch it... embarrasment

Galan007

Didn't think you'd catch it... embarrasment heh. n00b. wiggle

Dark-Jaxx
First of all, Nihilus is t3h sex, one of the coolest SW characters with a backstory that needs to be expanded on, now.

Second of all, comes down to Thanos and SMP.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.