What if Stick trained Spider-Man. How much better would he be?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eternalfury

willRules
I'd imagine that after a few minutes there'd be a horrible training accident that would involve Stick's face being punched through the back of his skull.....

TricksterPriest
There was a What-if showing if Logan had trained Spidey. End result was that Spiderman got ALOT better.

Arahan
Wouldnt change the fact that he would still be an idot who trades his marriage for the life of his 1000 years old aunt. It just hurts thinking on OMD..damn Joe Q

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by Arahan
Wouldnt change the fact that he would still be an idot who trades his marriage for the life of his 1000 years old aunt. It just hurts thinking on OMD..damn Joe Q laughing laughing

DigiMark007
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
There was a What-if showing if Logan had trained Spidey. End result was that Spiderman got ALOT better.

Logan didn't train him. It was another dude.

jalek moye
probbly not much better his extremly effective with his created fighting style from his experiance with his powersets applications

Arahan
Originally posted by jalek moye
probbly not much better his extremly effective with his created fighting style from his experiance with his powersets applications

Spiderman doenst have a fighting style and if so why almost every trained MA can beat him or give him trouble?. With his power set he should (and with your so called fighting style) own guys like DD or Elektra...but he doenst. Hell he even gets ass whooped by normal humans. Just lame.

I hope Mephisto gets his soul pretty fast. End of Spideman.
More room for Ultimate Spiderman Happy Dance

Mr Master
Originally posted by willRules

I'd imagine that after a few minutes there'd be a horrible training accident that would involve Stick's face being punched through the back of his skull.....
laughing

Darth Vicious
Wouldnt change the fact that he would still be an idot who trades his marriage for the life of his 1000 years old aunt. It just hurts thinking on OMD..damn Joe Q

I feel ur pain! embarrasment

Symmetric Chaos
Exponentially. Knowing how to apply superhuman strength is far more useful than just using on instinct.

jalek moye
Spiderman doenst have a fighting style and if so why almost every trained MA can beat him or give him trouble?. With his power set he should (and with your so called fighting style) own guys like DD or Elektra...but he doenst. Hell he even gets ass whooped by normal humans. Just lame.

I hope Mephisto gets his soul pretty fast. End of Spideman.
More room for Ultimate Spiderman Happy Dance

He does have a fighting style he consitently fights the exact same way(almost)

He's just an idiot and with sticks training hed probbly still be one.

Buts hes just as effective as most of the highly trained ones when hes isnt being dumb(or making dumb deals with mephisto)

ankur29
Originally posted by jalek moye
He does have a fighting style he consitently fights the exact same way(almost)

He's just an idiot and with sticks training hed probbly still be one.

Buts hes just as effective as most of the highly trained ones when hes isnt being dumb(or making dumb deals with mephisto)

spidey is as effctive as a normal trained human like dd, with proper training his attacks would generate much more power ,just like cap america making him extra powerful making him muchmore effective

there are human MA that can extert like half a ton of pressure because of technique imagine spidey+ technique

Mindship
shifty

BruceSkywalker
HMMMMM....Stick training Spidey. Then watch out for the friendly neighborhood Spider Ninja. Parker would have an amazing fighting style if Stick were to train him

J_M
Who is stick? Never heard of him.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by J_M
Who is stick? Never heard of him.

Stick is a ninja master who trained Elektra

BUSTER1
Its debatable if Sticks training could dramatically improve Spiderman's fighting ability, as he has been fighting using his own freestyle technique his whole adult life. If Stick had tutored Spidey just after he gained his powers, then that would've made a major beneficial difference

Almighty Bauer
Originally posted by Eternalfury
Wouldn't happen. Spidey would do something stupid and emotional, like Matt Murdock, but much earlier, and then get kicked out by Stick.

namorsubby
spidey is already naturally equiped to be able to more than deal with any street-level MA out there. his freestyle form is almost like an individual art, and it works for him very well.

PIS/CIS aside, spidey>all MA street-levelers

Wade Wilson
Well, Cap America trained Spidey, good enough for me..

eastsidemaniac
spidey will own half of these chumps!

BUSTER1
Originally posted by namorsubby
spidey is already naturally equiped to be able to more than deal with any street-level MA out there. his freestyle form is almost like an individual art, and it works for him very well.

PIS/CIS aside, spidey>all MA street-levelers

thumb up thumb up

jalek moye
well curently he actually is very skilled. his self made fighting style is more effective then any single martial art could be do to how is utilzes all of his abilities.

The only reason he doesnt do as good as characters who are martial artists is because he sets mental limits on himself and tends to sell himself short when it comes to him fighting others

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Digi

your suposes to better then this, rather uncalled for.

Battlehammer
oh pleases spiderman style is stupid. all he doing is using his powers, it not more effective then any single martial art, thats a load of BS. He not a skilled fighter. It very easy to predict, if not for spider senses he be far more screwed when fighting top MA's. He would be vastly better if stick trained him. He not only become better at fighting, he generate more power, he be faster and his spider senses would dramatically increase

StiltmanFTW
And he'd have a radar sense, too!

spidur-man

Juk3n
Originally posted by Battlehammer
oh pleases spiderman style is stupid. all he doing is using his powers, it not more effective then any single martial art, thats a load of BS. He not a skilled fighter. It very easy to predict, if not for spider senses he be far more screwed when fighting top MA's. He would be vastly better if stick trained him. He not only become better at fighting, he generate more power, he be faster and his spider senses would dramatically increase

Good post!

SamZED
oh pleases spiderman style is stupid. Although I agree that Spider-man would've been better if he got more training, what you said there is wrong. How is his style stupid? His style is build on his super speed, strength and agility. He uses every advantage he has to battle stronger opponents and for someone who doesn't have a special training that is anything but stupid..

Mindset
Originally posted by Juk3n
Good post! No it wasn't. smile

Battlehammer
Originally posted by SamZED
Although I agree that Spider-man would've been better if he got more training, what you said there is wrong. How is his style stupid? His style is build on his super speed, strength and agility. He uses every advantage he has to battle stronger opponents and for someone who doesn't have a special training that is anything but stupid..
I ment compared to some one with MA training.

Yea it could for non trained dude, though jumping around like he does it kind stupid, it leaves him rather open.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Juk3n
Good post!
Thank you

Originally posted by Mindset
No it wasn't. smile

what a surprise you not liking one of my post.

Mindset
True, I don't like any of your posts.

SamZED
I ment compared to some one with MA training.

Yea it could for non trained dude, though jumping around like he does it kind stupid, it leaves him rather open. True. I think even if he gets the training most writers will forget about it and make him fight the way he usually does. Unfortunately that's how it works in the comics.

Arahan

Battlehammer
True, I don't like any of your posts.
the feeling quite mutual.

Mindset
I doubt it.

Battlehammer
you should not, it is true.

you and nuul are quite a like

Battlehammer
True. I think even if he gets the training most writers will forget about it and make him fight the way he usually does. Unfortunately that's how it works in the comics.
true.

Mindset
you should not, it is true.

you and nuul are quite a like We both are smarter than you.

Battlehammer
We both are smarter than you.
maybe in your dreams, in reality however I doubt it.

Just because I do not waste my time with spell check or grammar does not mean I lack intelligences.

What you have in common is your both cocky, are dicks, think you better then others and for some foolish reason think people you dislike, don't feel the same way about you.

Mindset
I've actually just been messing with you this entire time.

lol though

Battlehammer
sorry about that, I was in a bad mood last night because of work I apologies for that. I also dislike Nuul a lot he an ass whole, however you are fine. You do it all in good fun, dont take anything I said serously I was just having a bad day.

Accel
your suposes to better then this, rather uncalled for.
But if it was any other character, you probably wouldn't care, right?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Accel
But if it was any other character, you probably wouldn't care, right?
Actually I would.

Find it so funny how he consistently attacked well beyond any other character on the forum

Accel
Yes, because what Digi said was just such a brutal attack.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Accel
Yes, because what Digi said was just such a brutal attack.

Was not needed, he a mod he should be above that and it done so quite a few times.

back on topic. Spiderman would increase his spider sense dramatically from training with stick.

StiltmanFTW
Like he did in that What if?

Doctor-Alvis
That's the beauty of having powers isn't it? To use them? Where would Wolverine be without his healing factor and claws? Probably dead from old age by now. But seriously, he uses his powers to his advantage does his not? I think it would be silly not to use your powers.

I think if Spider-man fought the same way as everyone else it should bog him down and make him more predictable. He may perform more powerful and faster strikes than most people, which would help him when he needs it, but everyone knows what a "proper" punch looks like or a "proper" kick. Someone with more experience would be able to see it coming and maybe have an easier time handling it.

But no, it seems to happen in the reverse way. Fighting in an unorthodox style means you're easier to predict by martial artists. I'm not even saying this sarcastically to pick at you, although I am a little, it happens in the comics. You've seen that clip of Anderson Silvia uppercutting that guy with his elbow? Who expected that? Nobody. I bet when Tony Fryklund woke up and watched the clip he said to himself "Wow, I did not expect that."

One thing I will give you - For as well as Spider-man is known, and his his unorthodox moves, who would expect a regular, ma & pa, meat & potatoes high kick to the head from him? Probably nobody. That bad guy is going to wake up and ask what happen. When the cop... or shield agent, or whoever picks up villains, explains Spider-man went CroCop on him and kicked him in the head he'd say to himself "Wow, I did not expect that."

So formal training would probably help him a lot, but in addition to his current unorthodox style. I think that would easily make him twice as dangerous in hand to hand than anyone with comparable stats and experience who can't fight like gumby while doing flips in the air like Spider-man can.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
That's the beauty of having powers isn't it? To use them? Where would Wolverine be without his healing factor and claws? Probably dead from old age by now. But seriously, he uses his powers to his advantage does his not? I think it would be silly not to use your powers.

I think if Spider-man fought the same way as everyone else it should bog him down and make him more predictable. He may perform more powerful and faster strikes than most people, which would help him when he needs it, but everyone knows what a "proper" punch looks like or a "proper" kick. Someone with more experience would be able to see it coming and maybe have an easier time handling it.

But no, it seems to happen in the reverse way. Fighting in an unorthodox style means you're easier to predict by martial artists. I'm not even saying this sarcastically to pick at you, although I am a little, it happens in the comics. You've seen that clip of Anderson Silvia uppercutting that guy with his elbow? Who expected that? Nobody. I bet when Tony Fryklund woke up and watched the clip he said to himself "Wow, I did not expect that."

One thing I will give you - For as well as Spider-man is known, and his his unorthodox moves, who would expect a regular, ma & pa, meat & potatoes high kick to the head from him? Probably nobody. That bad guy is going to wake up and ask what happen. When the cop... or shield agent, or whoever picks up villains, explains Spider-man went CroCop on him and kicked him in the head he'd say to himself "Wow, I did not expect that."

So formal training would probably help him a lot, but in addition to his current unorthodox style. I think that would easily make him twice as dangerous in hand to hand than anyone with comparable stats and experience who can't fight like gumby while doing flips in the air like Spider-man can. Perfect post, he would benefit from training but to *enhance* what he already knows, not to use the moves, although he can do those same normal movements much easier and with much less practice.

BUSTER1
Although I agree that Spider-man would've been better if he got more training, what you said there is wrong. How is his style stupid? His style is build on his super speed, strength and agility. He uses every advantage he has to battle stronger opponents and for someone who doesn't have a special training that is anything but stupid..

thumb up Top post

Arahan
May be after the training he would be smarter...smart enough not to make stupid deals with mephisto sad

ankur29
just remembered about this scan (class 10 punch):

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu355/ankur29/th_3000lbspunch.jpg

does anyone know how hard he hit IM (in terms of tons)

its says 9gx3000lbs psi

Arahan
that was cool. from a spiderman that was smart, cool and funny. a time where he wouldnt do stupid deals with the devil sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.