Godlike Cable vs. DOS Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pyron_Knight
Inspired by the DD landed on Marvel Earth thread....

Could Nate at his best take down DD at his weakest?

Endrict Nuul
God Cable and Nate Grey are from two different reality's.

shiv
Rewrite DD's DNA TO cheeto's ftw.

leonheartmm
cable's name is nathanial, and he is often referred to as nate in the comics. having said that, i really dont think anything including abstracts can beat a well written doomsday with his omega affect plot device.

Galan007
Originally posted by leonheartmm
cable's name is nathanial, and he is often referred to as nate in the comics. having said that, i really dont think anything including abstracts can beat a well written doomsday with his omega affect plot device. dos dd is not h/p dd. a far cry from actually. whereas h/p dd was virtually unkillable by conventional means - dos dd was physically 'killed' by superman, for quite a deal of time . that being said, i see absolutely no reason why the messiah couldn't defeat dd, especially if that 'version' of superman was able to do so.

jesus ftw.

Harbinger
Cable.

george '06
Cable. hard

good fight though

h1a8
DOS DD stomps.
He kills Cable in seconds.

Pyron_Knight
Care to explain how?

MSP
CABLE.

h1a8
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
Care to explain how?

First of all Cable doesn't start with his shields up, because it wasn't stated by the OP. DD has speedblitzed the entire JLA (including Superman) before a single neuron could fire in their brains. And He did this from many meters back. He seemingly simultaneously hit all of them at once. Such insane speed.

Thus DD does the same here to Cable. Easy match for him.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by h1a8
First of all Cable doesn't start with his shields up, because it wasn't stated by the OP. DD has speedblitzed the entire JLA (including Superman) before a single neuron could fire in their brains. And He did this from many meters back. He seemingly simultaneously hit all of them at once. Such insane speed.

Thus DD does the same here to Cable. Easy match for him. dd can speed blitz superman?

OneDumbG0
^ And do it before a single neuron can fire in their brains?

carver9

Thus DD does the same here to Cable. Easy match for him.

laughing

Cable 10/10 and cable ALWAYS have his forcefield up, never seen him without it.

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
laughing

Cable 10/10 and cable ALWAYS have his forcefield up, never seen him without it.
I disagree. I have seen him without his forcefield before.
But anyway,
Superman's forcefield>>>Cable's.
DD easily penetrated Superman's forcefield like butter.
He would do Cable's like water.

Dark-Jaxx
Superman in DOS was KOed by a gas station explosion.

By force field, I assume you mean his bio aura.

And DD blitzed them before a neuron could go through their brains? WTF? Since when?

DD's top speed was clocked at soundspeed in DOS.

Cable stomps.

jasofisc
godlike cable fought a guy who moves at light speed I think he can handle DOS doomsday's speed. Also when his speed was commeted as being as fast as the flash it was by booster gold who is just a normal guy.

on a side note I like it how when on the forum if we are talking about a marvel brick like hulk most people say he doesn't have super speed (he doesn't) but they do say that Doomsday does. it took doomsday how long to get to metropolise or any other of his speed feats. Hulk has just as many "speed" feats where other superfast characters comment on his speed but also lacks any travling speed feats. Both are and never have been super fast like flash or anyother speedster. I'm saying all that to say that cable handled hulk when he wasn't godlike and can handle doomsday when he is godlike.

bbrem123
cable owns him

starlock
Godlike Cable for the win

Raoul
cable, dos dd was pretty weak by todays standards...

Nestical
DOS DD stomps.
He kills Cable in seconds.

wow thats some good stuff youre smoking.cable with a psimitar(sp?) up the bung hole

Avlon
DOS DD FTW.

h1a8
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Superman in DOS was KOed by a gas station explosion.

By force field, I assume you mean his bio aura.

And DD blitzed them before a neuron could go through their brains? WTF? Since when?

DD's top speed was clocked at soundspeed in DOS.

Cable stomps.

Read Death of Superman again and see how many times DD has blitzed for neurons can fire. Blitzing an entire team simultaneously, with Superman included, before nuerons can fire in heads that can see bullets as still motion is insane. The whole team complained about his speed many times, even saying that he is faster than Flash himself. The author intentions were clear here.

Priest
Superman couldn't reach light speed before he died.

Galan007
DD's top speed was clocked at soundspeed in DOS. orly:

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9584/dd1ma8.jpg

herbhappy

carver9
Originally posted by jasofisc
godlike cable fought a guy who moves at light speed I think he can handle DOS doomsday's speed. Also when his speed was commeted as being as fast as the flash it was by booster gold who is just a normal guy.

on a side note I like it how when on the forum if we are talking about a marvel brick like hulk most people say he doesn't have super speed (he doesn't) but they do say that Doomsday does. it took doomsday how long to get to metropolise or any other of his speed feats. Hulk has just as many "speed" feats where other superfast characters comment on his speed but also lacks any travling speed feats. Both are and never have been super fast like flash or anyother speedster. I'm saying all that to say that cable handled hulk when he wasn't godlike and can handle doomsday when he is godlike.

Good point, very good point.

carver9
Read Death of Superman again and see how many times DD has blitzed for neurons can fire. Blitzing an entire team simultaneously, with Superman included, before nuerons can fire in heads that can see bullets as still motion is insane. The whole team complained about his speed many times, even saying that he is faster than Flash himself. The author intentions were clear here.

Wow, this is hilarious. I guess wolverine and spiderman has super speed also since wolverine has blitzed teams before they can react and spiderman blitzed the xmen.

And show me a second time they compared his speed to flash. To my knowledge it was only once.

OneDumbG0
I am a fan of Booster Goold, so this isn't a knock on him, but considering we never see Doomsday streaking around like the Flash and Booster Gold is prone to hyperbole, I'm pretty sure that is far from proof that Doomsday had superspeed. Hell, I'm pretty sure at that time, Wally West also had trouble running past light speed. I don't even think he had proper access to the Speed Force at the time of Death of Superman.

fangirl101
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I am a fan of Booster Goold, so this isn't a knock on him, but considering we never see Doomsday streaking around like the Flash and Booster Gold is prone to hyperbole, I'm pretty sure that is far from proof that Doomsday had superspeed. Hell, I'm pretty sure at that time, Wally West also had trouble running past light speed. I don't even think he had proper access to the Speed Force at the time of Death of Superman.

Wait. Didn't Superman say DD was so fast the he didnt' see him move?

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by fangirl101
Wait. Didn't Superman say DD was so fast the he didnt' see him move? I think that was Guy Gardner who said that.

h1a8
I think that was Guy Gardner who said that.
Lanterns have great reflexes too.
But Superman complained of his speed too. DD knocked the hell of of Superman and the entire team simultaneously before Superman and the rest could respond. Superman may be faster now but back then he was still fast enough and had the reflexes to pick bullets out of the air like they were standing still.

h1a8
Wow, this is hilarious. I guess wolverine and spiderman has super speed also since wolverine has blitzed teams before they can react and spiderman blitzed the xmen.

And show me a second time they compared his speed to flash. To my knowledge it was only once.

It's who you blitz that give rise to the magnitude of one's speed. The X-men is nothing compared to Superman in terms of speed.

h1a8
Originally posted by jasofisc

These characters aren't real. Neither did this stuff really happen. Thus we can't rationalize like we can if this stuff were real. We must go on the writer's intention. And it is clear that the writer wanted the being they created to kill Superman to have insane Flashlike speed.

Ouallada
It was also pretty clear to me that the writers' intention was to have WWH being unstoppable in battle, in addition to being capable of nigh every strength feat. Sorry, but as the saying goes, the grandest of thoughts is eclipsed by the smallest of actions.

OneDumbG0
^ thumb up

h1a8
Originally posted by Ouallada
It was also pretty clear to me that the writers' intention was to have WWH being unstoppable in battle, in addition to being capable of nigh every strength feat. Sorry, but as the saying goes, the grandest of thoughts is eclipsed by the smallest of actions.

Being unstoppable in the sense you're using is unclear whereas being a certain degree of fast isn't. It wasn't stated how powerful WWH was. Thus we must go on feats alone. It was stated how fast DD was and it was also backed up several times in the comic. How many times has Superman complained over someone's speed before?

Lastly if WWH was ever stated on panel to lift X tons or move at X speed then I will gladly accept that. See the difference here?

DeathKap
Cable slaps him silly.

Ouallada
Being unstoppable in the sense you're using is unclear whereas being a certain degree of fast isn't. It wasn't stated how powerful WWH was. Thus we must go on feats alone. It was stated how fast DD was and it was also backed up several times in the comic. How many times has Superman complained over someone's speed before?

Lastly if WWH was ever stated on panel to lift X tons or move at X speed then I will gladly accept that. See the difference here?

When was it explicitly stated how fast Doomsday was in that arc? The point I made had nothing to do with whether or not a weak version of Superman complained about Doomsday, but:

A quick search for writer interviews pertaining to WWH should show you what the writers' intentions were, which would suffice, according to the above quote.

carver9

He didnt do anything to even make me think that he was close to flash speed. Hell he couldnt even land a lick off of maxima who was bumb rushing him the entire time. You go off of one thing said by a character name booster and you use it as refrence. Well I guess since wolverine stated that colossus move faster then lightning its a true statement huh.

id369

h1a8
When was it explicitly stated how fast Doomsday was in that arc? The point I made had nothing to do with whether or not a weak version of Superman complained about Doomsday, but:

A quick search for writer interviews pertaining to WWH should show you what the writers' intentions were, which would suffice, according to the above quote.

I read it. Greg Pak right?
His intentions in the comic aren't clear. For he had Sentry stalemate him.

The point is that I agree that writer's opinions alone isn't valid. But their opinions/intentions are indeed valid if backed up back the comic. Greg Pak's opinions aren't back up by the comic whereas DD's speed is.

h1a8
He didnt do anything to even make me think that he was close to flash speed. Hell he couldnt even land a lick off of maxima who was bumb rushing him the entire time. You go off of one thing said by a character name booster and you use it as refrence. Well I guess since wolverine stated that colossus move faster then lightning its a true statement huh. Comics are never consistent. How many times Flash has been hit or did stupid stuff? What about WW or Superman? Many many times. Comics are stupid in general (but fun as hell). So the writer's intention was for DD to be at least in Superman's league of speed (probably faster). Which is more than enough to end Cable before a neuron can fire in his brain.

Mindset

The point is that I agree that writer's opinions alone isn't valid. But their opinions/intentions are indeed valid if backed up back the comic. Greg Pak's opinions aren't back up by the comic whereas DD's speed is.

Sentry didn't stalemate him, Sentry lost.

h1a8
Originally posted by Mindset
Sentry didn't stalemate him, Sentry lost.

Didn't both turn back into their original forms?

Mindset
Didn't both turn back into their original forms?

Except one was koed and the other was fine, and he reverted back to Hulk and stronger than ever shortly afterwards. erm

h1a8
Except one was koed and the other was fine, and he reverted back to Hulk and stronger than ever shortly afterwards. erm

Well it was very close to a stalemate. If Sentry had just a little more left then he would have won.

Mindset
Well it was very close to a stalemate. If Sentry had just a little more left then he would have won.

Not really, Banner reverted back to the Hulk in like a minute after he defeated Sentry, if Sentry kept fighting the Hulk would have gotten angrier and would have not reverted.

h1a8
Not really, Banner reverted back to the Hulk in like a minute after he defeated Sentry, if Sentry kept fighting the Hulk would have gotten angrier and would have not reverted.

Okay! My mistake. I thought they both turned at nearly the same time.

Mindset
Okay! My mistake. I thought they both turned at nearly the same time.

Oh, they did, but I believe it had more to do with Hulk not having anything to fuel his angry, since Sentry was already losing, than it had to do with Hulk running out of energy, since he was able to revert and become even more powerful shortly after Bob fell.

Ouallada

It was only a stalemate because Sentry calmed him down due to the radiation he was emitting.

The point is that your surmising that a certain feat holds water due to the writers' intentions even in iffy circumstances (Superman wasn't FTL, and slower characters commenting on Doomsday's speed does not automatically make Doomsday operate at Flash level, just like a normal human commenting that Spiderman moves like a blur does not automatically make the latter Quicksilver level) works both ways. If it works for Doomsday, that same logic should work for Hulk.

Rorschach
Hell he couldnt even land a lick off of maxima who was bumb rushing him the entire time.

Do you have some kind of disease that makes you lie? Maxima was shown punching him twice, one of which was a sucker punch, before Superman showed up. Doomsday then rushed Superman, and Maxima while they were talking. During that fight he also knocked away Maxima and shamed a van on top of her.

horrorwolf
God, Cable wrecks the hell out of DOS DD.
No contest.

h1a8
It was only a stalemate because Sentry calmed him down due to the radiation he was emitting.

The point is that your surmising that a certain feat holds water due to the writers' intentions even in iffy circumstances (Superman wasn't FTL, and slower characters commenting on Doomsday's speed does not automatically make Doomsday operate at Flash level, just like a normal human commenting that Spiderman moves like a blur does not automatically make the latter Quicksilver level) works both ways. If it works for Doomsday, that same logic should work for Hulk.

First of all Superman may not have been FTL but he still had FTL reflexes. Second, Green Lanterns have superb reflexes, much higher than humans on average. The writer clearly wanted DD to be fast as Flash. Now if you wanted a character that you are creating to be fast as Flash when fighting a team then how would you show it? This is how the writer was trying to show for DD.

h1a8
Originally posted by horrorwolf
God, Cable wrecks the hell out of DOS DD.
No contest.
First of all, Cable doesn't have the power to even scratch DD.
The only way for him to win is through BFR.
But what if DD wrecks him before he could do anything?

Mindset
First of all, Cable doesn't have the power to even scratch DD.
The only way for him to win is through BFR.
But what if DD wrecks him before he could do anything?

Cable can alter things at the molecular level, that wouldn't affect DD?

Ouallada
First of all Superman may not have been FTL but he still had FTL reflexes. Second, Green Lanterns have superb reflexes, much higher than humans on average. The writer clearly wanted DD to be fast as Flash. Now if you wanted a character that you are creating to be fast as Flash when fighting a team then how would you show it? This is how the writer was trying to show for DD.

Your first statement about Superman is, in my opinion, extremely subjective.

About the GLs, how far they are above humans is irrelevant when seeking to use it as a proxy for the doomsday-flash hypothesis, same as how far a human is stronger than a small mammal has no bearing on a comparison of strength between Colossus and Mangog.

The rest of what you said applies to strength, WWH, and writers' intentions as well. I don't buy it necessarily, but that's just how your cookie crumbles.

h1a8
Cable can alter things at the molecular level, that wouldn't affect DD?

No! For DD's composition is bound too tight for someone of Cable's power level to even manipulate.

h1a8
Your first statement about Superman is, in my opinion, extremely subjective.

About the GLs, how far they are above humans is irrelevant when seeking to use it as a proxy for the doomsday-flash hypothesis, same as how far a human is stronger than a small mammal has no bearing on a comparison of strength between Colossus and Mangog.

The rest of what you said applies to strength, WWH, and writers' intentions as well. I don't buy it necessarily, but that's just how your cookie crumbles.

You example/analogy is wrong. I compared a human to a GL to DD. This is relevant since Cable has less than or equal to reflexes of a GL. So DD should tear him a hole before he can react as well.

DeathKap
No! For DD's composition is bound too tight for someone of Cable's power level to even manipulate.
This is God like Cable. Im think he could alter adamantium.

Ouallada
You example/analogy is wrong. I compared a human to a GL to DD. This is relevant since Cable has less than or equal to reflexes of a GL. So DD should tear him a hole before he can react as well.

You look both sides before you cross the road. I would advise the same amount of discretion before you throw out more of your poor, and subjective criticism.

From me.

Your response. You stating that GLs being surprised by Doomsday's speed automatically qualifies the latter as flash-level is absurd, as you compared GLs' reflexes to that of humans, a completely irrelevant comparison and proxy as far as having Flash-level speed and reflexes go.

By that coin, saying that Colossus has Mangog-level strength by saying that he is in a league way above normal humans, while pre-qualifying the latter by stating that humans are in turn stronger than a random small animal should be validated. It isn't, even though the individual statements are correct, because said statements are utterly irrelevant where Mangog is concerned. If that flies over you, let me use a more parallel example. Can an entity be placed in Mangog's level simply because it is outside Colossus' strength league, which is in turn justified by the latter being outside the league of normal humans?

Finally, nowhere in my previous post was anything posited about Cable's speed. All that was posited was that your logical chain leading to Doomsday being flash-level in terms of speed and reflex has more holes than two barrels of swiss cheese, with half the substance.

leonheartmm
cable's matter manipulation WAS powerful enough to break even the surfer's board while doing many other impressive things. but i dont know how it would fare against sum1 like doomsday. for one thing, doomsday written well, as we have seen, can destroy even the antimonitor. i dunno, depends on the writers.

Mindset
Oh, and Cable also had regen from Deadpool during this time.

leonheartmm
^erm, i really dont think thats true. when he fought surfer he was pretty much using his own energy as a shield, and surfer took his arm off and it didnt regrow, and then he was labotomised and that didnt heal and the alien baby thingie had to be brought in to substitute for his t.o. virus. where did u get that from?

OneDumbG0
^ Well, I do remember him regenerating from a literal pile of goo and machine parts... but I thought that was under his matter manipulation powers and not due to a healing factor like Deadpool's...

Mindset
^erm, i really dont think thats true. when he fought surfer he was pretty much using his own energy as a shield, and surfer took his arm off and it didnt regrow, and then he was labotomised and that didnt heal and the alien baby thingie had to be brought in to substitute for his t.o. virus. where did u get that from?

How do you think he healed himself when he ripped apart from Deadpool every time they teleported into each other?
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/CableDeadpool006-13.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/CableDeadpool006-14.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/CableDeadpool07200420.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/CableDeadpool07200421.jpg
Also he pretty much says it himself.:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/CableDeadpool005-15.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/CableDeadpool005-16.jpg
(The gift he is talking about is Deadpool's regen, and you see he heals from the wounds received from Lightmaster)

Also, SS blew off the arm that was completely TO virus.

h1a8
You look both sides before you cross the road. I would advise the same amount of discretion before you throw out more of your poor, and subjective criticism.

From me.

Your response. You stating that GLs being surprised by Doomsday's speed automatically qualifies the latter as flash-level is absurd, as you compared GLs' reflexes to that of humans, a completely irrelevant comparison and proxy as far as having Flash-level speed and reflexes go. See how you are twisting up my argument? Guy was not only surprised but assessed DD's speed to be greater than Flash's. It's a big difference to say one is moving like (equal or in the vicinity of) Flash vs. one is moving faster than Flash. The latter implies that one knows what he is talking about. GLs, like SS, have traveled many lightyears in a mere moment. The crisis didn't affect them either. By your reasoning this should give them very good reflexes indeed.
Your fallacy is the equating of strength. Guy wasn't equating speeds but inequating speeds (DD>>Flash). See the difference. Now if a human says that Colossus is stronger than Mangog then this implies that indeed Colossus is stronger (or has shown greater strength). But since Colossus isn't stronger, then a human wouldn't say that Colossus is stronger than Mangog but rather he is strong like Mangog. They could possibly say it though if Colossus has shown greater strength than Mangog, which in itself is something.

I admit it was a folly to even argue the logic GL has great reflexes.
My argument is not strictly based off who said what but rather what was the writer's intention and the fact that a being (doesn't matter which one) used an inequality to compare.

It is moot whether or not DD moves as fast as Flash since it is very reasonable that he will move faster than Cable can react.

Ouallada
See how you are twisting up my argument? Guy was not only surprised but assessed DD's speed to be greater than Flash's. It's a big difference to say one is moving like (equal or in the vicinity of) Flash vs. one is moving faster than Flash. The latter implies that one knows what he is talking about. GLs, like SS, have traveled many lightyears in a mere moment. The crisis didn't affect them either. By your reasoning this should give them very good reflexes indeed.

I fail to see how or why I need to twist a poor argument. If I had a dollar for everytime A states that B hits the hardest/is the strongest/is the fastest etc, I would be substituting toilet rolls for hundred dollar bills. As entities who are nowhere near flash-level in terms of speed or reflex, I don't see why you are kicking up a fuss about someone calling shenanigans on your interpretation. Feel free to rebutt the points that I made previously.

Your fallacy is the equating of strength. Guy wasn't equating speeds but inequating speeds (DD>>Flash). See the difference. Now if a human says that Colossus is stronger than Mangog then this implies that indeed Colossus is stronger (or has shown greater strength). But since Colossus isn't stronger, then a human wouldn't say that Colossus is stronger than Mangog but rather he is strong like Mangog. They could possibly say it though if Colossus has shown greater strength than Mangog, which in itself is something.

There isn't a difference because Guy is in no position whatsoever to comment on speeds. The fact that he says something absurd like Doomsday being faster than flash takes credence away from that statement, not otherwise.

My analogy had nothing to do with a human's perspective, but that of the third person omniscient. Read my analogy again before misinterpreting.

I admit it was a folly to even argue the logic GL has great reflexes.
My argument is not strictly based off who said what but rather what was the writer's intention and the fact that a being (doesn't matter which one) used an inequality to compare.

The usage of an inequality is irrelevant due to the sheer absurdity of the statement. For a person who argued vehemently that WWH was not stronger than his previous incarnations despite on-panel labellings by other characters and writer intention (both of which are your criteria) simply because he did not BFR every opponent he faced, I wonder why you feel so at ease with claiming that Doomsday is flash-level when he got tagged plenty of times in DoS.

As to using a writer's intention, you are welcome to using them as your bible, as doomsday prophets are welcome to hold signs proclaiming impending doom. I'm welcome to not take it seriously either, for reasons previously stated.

It is moot whether or not DD moves as fast as Flash since it is very reasonable that he will move faster than Cable can react.

This point is moot because the debate isn't about whether Cable can react to such speed.

OneDumbG0
^ Booster Gold was the one who was exclaiming that Doomsday was faster than Flash. Guy Gardner said that he couldn't track Doomsday's movements. Neither of which impresses me. Hell, I can barely keep track of a professional football or basketball player's movements. And that's when I'm watching them on screen. If I were on the field or court with them, fuggedaboutit. There's a reason we need slow motion and instant replay, after all.

leonheartmm
How do you think he healed himself when he ripped apart from Deadpool every time they teleported into each other?
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/CableDeadpool006-13.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/CableDeadpool006-14.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/CableDeadpool07200420.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/CableDeadpool07200421.jpg
Also he pretty much says it himself.:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/CableDeadpool005-15.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/CableDeadpool005-16.jpg
(The gift he is talking about is Deadpool's regen, and you see he heals from the wounds received from Lightmaster)

Also, SS blew off the arm that was completely TO virus.

then why is it, when he is shot in the head and stops the bullet from penetrating much further than his skull, that the alien virus immedietly claims that part of his body to HEAL him and claim a greater part of him? if he really had regenerative powers, he wudnt need the alien virus to do that wud he? also, how come he said that domino cud kill him when all she had was a knife to his head, and also, how come when prominence was destroyed, that every1 considered him dead INCLUDING deadpool if he made it THAT obvious. the GIFT he was talking about was his life . cable does not have a healing factor like deadpool. and the fact that cable cudnt regenerate himself from being labotomised is evidence enough of his having no such abilityy, much less the fact that he says that his time is runnig out to surfer, who in contrast is PRACTICALLY AGELESS/IMMORTAL, if cable had the healing factor, he too obviously wud be ageless and practically immortal.

Mindset
then why is it, when he is shot in the head and stops the bullet from penetrating much further than his skull, that the alien virus immedietly claims that part of his body to HEAL him and claim a greater part of him? if he really had regenerative powers, he wudnt need the alien virus to do that wud he? also, how come he said that domino cud kill him when all she had was a knife to his head, and also, how come when prominence was destroyed, that every1 considered him dead INCLUDING deadpool if he made it THAT obvious. the GIFT he was talking about was his life . cable does not have a healing factor like deadpool. and the fact that cable cudnt regenerate himself from being labotomised is evidence enough of his having no such abilityy, much less the fact that he says that his time is runnig out to surfer, who in contrast is PRACTICALLY AGELESS/IMMORTAL, if cable had the healing factor, he too obviously wud be ageless and practically immortal.

Cable should have been able to heal from parts of his brain altered to remove his powers, and yet Deadpool couldn't heal from having his brain surgically altered so he would want to kill Cable? Yea, that makes a whole lot of sense... no

Cable's telekinetic and telepathic powers were burning out when he fought SS, what does that have to do with his healing factor?

All the times you mentioned where Cable didn't heal from damage wasn't God-Like Cable, that wasn't even Cable's original body so of course he no longer had his healing factor. Don't you remember when Deadpool brought back a baby Cable from an alternate reality?

I suggest you read Cable/Deadpool again.

While Cable was at the height of his power he had a healing factor like the scans I posted showed. smile

And about the gift, after Lightmaster slashes through Cable in an attempt to kill him, Cable says: Not a bad move at all, nice shot to. Of course you didn't take into account I recently acquired a gift from a friend." Then later on the same page it shows him healing from the wounds he got from Lightmaster. It is obviously talking about him getting a hf from Deadpool. How would it even make sense that he would be saying Deadpool's gift to him was life?

h1a8
I fail to see how or why I need to twist a poor argument. If I had a dollar for everytime A states that B hits the hardest/is the strongest/is the fastest etc, I would be substituting toilet rolls for hundred dollar bills. As entities who are nowhere near flash-level in terms of speed or reflex, I don't see why you are kicking up a fuss about someone calling shenanigans on your interpretation. Feel free to rebutt the points that I made previously. Show me a scan saying that A hits harder/goes faster than B when it is obviously wrong.

Why? GLs have some great reaction feats. Remember they are not bound by the crisis. I'm sure Guy has seen Flash in action many many times. He should know what he is talking about. Again, who in comics have ever said faster/stronger when it is obviously wrong? And this is comics, where suspension of disbelief exists?
Then your analogy is irrelevant to my post. For you must use an analogy that doesn't use the third person omniscient.

Why is it sheer absurdity? DD blitzed the entire team (including Superman) simultaneously. If DD is not as fast as Flash then he is close it by what he showed. So there is a big difference between slight exaggeration and sheer absurdity. And as far as DD getting tagged, all speedsters get tagged by slower enemies (even SS). This is a comic law.

Why isn't it? As far as I can tell if Cable can react to DD then he wins via BFR and if he can't then he loses. This is the key to the whole debate.

Ouallada
Show me a scan saying that A hits harder/goes faster than B when it is obviously wrong.

Respect threads. Take a look.

Now, show me with issue numbers or scans how your inference is nothing more than wishful thinking.

Why? GLs have some great reaction feats. Remember they are not bound by the crisis. I'm sure Guy has seen Flash in action many many times. He should know what he is talking about. Again, who in comics have ever said faster/stronger when it is obviously wrong? And this is comics, where suspension of disbelief exists?

That is completely irrelevant to the fact that Flash is so far above Guy in terms of speed that he cannot logically make that inference, which is a point that you seem to either not understand or are ignoring on purpose. How many times have on-panel narration stated Hulk to be the most powerful creature to walk the earth?

Suspension of disbelief is when I accept tactile kinesis. Suspension of logic is when you accept hyperbole and writer speculation.

Then your analogy is irrelevant to my post. For you must use an analogy that doesn't use the third person omniscient.

Nonsense. In which form are 99.9% of comics written?

Why is it sheer absurdity? DD blitzed the entire team (including Superman) simultaneously. If DD is not as fast as Flash then he is close it by what he showed. So there is a big difference between slight exaggeration and sheer absurdity. And as far as DD getting tagged, all speedsters get tagged by slower enemies (even SS). This is a comic law.

You must have been reading another comic, because he certainly did not blitz the entire team simultaneously, and the fact that watchers-by could actually see the fight says a lot about the speeds involved. Yes, there is a difference ebtween slight exaggeration and sheer absurdity. Unfortunately, your statements do not qualify.

For a person who evokes "comic law", I find it amusing that you question why WWH wasn't BFRing everyone with punches. Or is that logical leeway one that you reserve at your own discretion?

Why isn't it? As far as I can tell if Cable can react to DD then he wins via BFR and if he can't then he loses. This is the key to the whole debate.

That isn't what I am pointing out. I am pointing out the silliness in saying that Doomsday is flash-level based simply on hyperbole and writer intention.

Jynocidus
Well...as a KMC noob, I'd like to say this is an amazing thread. I can't argue with the depth some of you have put behind your reasoning, but I still see Cable taking out DD.

h1a8
Respect threads. Take a look. Maybe, but I doubt it.

'A' being faster than 'B' doesn't mean that B can't necessarily guage A's speed. And Flash is only faster than Guy in terms of reflex speed. Remember Guy has SS like traveling speed through space. And Hulk is or was potentially the most powerful creature on Earth (the time it was said). I aggree with that 100%.
No! Hyperbole doesn't exist anymore if it can be backed up. And DD has backed it up.

Doesn't matter if it's the form of 99.99999999999999999% of comics written, it is still irrelevant to my post, which entails only first person narrative.

Read the comic again (The Death of Superman) and you will clearly see him blitzing just about the whole team simultaneously. This is where Superman himself is complaining about his speed.
No. Sometimes I try to win debates using other's logic, just to show them that character A will still win. I learned that many have a problem my own logic. So many times, I reduce myself to theirs. This is because it is sometimes a waste of time to convince others that your logic is correct when you can just show them the win using theirs. The net effect is the same (only more efficient).

You forget to mention blitzing people like he's a Flash and making someone who has some of the greatest reflexes in comic history to complain about his speed. DD having Flash-like speed is closer to the truth than to hyperbole.

OneDumbG0
You forget to mention blitzing people like he's a Flash and making someone who has some of the greatest reflexes in comic history to complain about his speed. DD having Flash-like speed is closer to the truth than to hyperbole. If Wally West complained about DOS Doomsday speed, you might have a point. If anybody other than Byrne (I-get-knocked-out-bygas-station-explosions-and-can't-reach-light-speed) Superman complained, you might have a point. Fact is, Wally didn't even have top-tier speedster speed back then and Superman was FAR slower back then. All you have is Booster Gold and Guy Gardner complaining about his speed. Hell... people complain about Savage Hulk's surprising speed all the time. Doesn't turn him into a super-speedster.

h1a8
If Wally West complained about DOS Doomsday speed, you might have a point. If anybody other than Byrne (I-get-knocked-out-bygas-station-explosions-and-can't-reach-light-speed) Superman complained, you might have a point. Fact is, Wally didn't even have top-tier speedster speed back then and Superman was FAR slower back then. All you have is Booster Gold and Guy Gardner complaining about his speed. Hell... people complain about Savage Hulk's surprising speed all the time. Doesn't turn him into a super-speedster.

Byrne Superman can still pick bullets out of the air like they're motionless. He can travel to the other side of the world in less than a second. And GLs light year speed feats are canon in Pre-Crisis era. If someone with grade A reflexes and speed complain about Savage Hulk's speed then you would have a point.

OneDumbG0
Byrne Superman can still pick bullets out of the air like they're motionless. He can travel to the other side of the world in less than a second. And GLs light year speed feats are canon in Pre-Crisis era. If someone with grade A reflexes and speed complain about Savage Hulk's speed then you would have a point. Not that I approve of this type of proof myself... but is PC Superman's word good enough for you:

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/8310/hulk01ug5.th.jpg http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/9814/hulk02to6.th.jpg http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/7529/hulk03yt7.th.jpg

whistle

h1a8
Not that I approve of this type of proof myself... but is PC Superman's word good enough for you:

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/8310/hulk01ug5.th.jpg http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/9814/hulk02to6.th.jpg http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/7529/hulk03yt7.th.jpg

whistle

That's not the real Superman or Hulk. They are merely bad imitations of them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.