Robocop (2014)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
The remake that supposly coming is really a sequal

Lets hope its as violent as the first two films and NOT PG rated like the third one.

Mairuzu
Hmm... i gotta know..

FistOfThe North
Loved pt. 1. 2 was cool. 3 sucked hard. Did that one even hit theatres or did it go straight to VHS..

So will this new Robocop be a sequel or a redo of part 1 or the franchise.

Would've been nice if they kept the setting Detroit City. Or that "New Detroit" city they were suppose to build.

I saw the guy who played Robocop (Peter Weller) yesterday hosting this show on History Ch.HD narrating "The rise and fall of Carthage". He looked good. He should reprise the role..

The film may have potential but 50% of me is saying i dunno. Hope it works out..

kodak
Do Not Want.
they already did a straight to video robocop.

=Tired Hiker=
Paul Verhoven is one of my favorite directors so I'm glad they are getting Aronofsky to pick up the franchise, he's great too. I pretend that Robocop 2 and 3 never happened. I hope they make a new badass ED-209 type of robot. I can't wait for this, there is a lot of potential.

xNIXSONx
i hope this is good, Robocop was my childhood hero, gotta have that theme song

BruceSkywalker
Hopefully more violence

Kazenji
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I pretend that Robocop 2 and 3 never happened.

Hey robocop 2 was great it was the third one which was a turd.

Micheal_Myers
I dont know if there is already a thread for this. But I'm already extremely hyped. Robocop 1 and 2 are amongst my favorite films. So lets talk about this upcoming installment. Hopefully they forget Robocop 3 and returns Murphy back to his violent and dark roots.

ragesRemorse
will it be rated R?

if not, send it back.

T.M
Only things I have heard about this is that there will be a 2010 release and the Darren Aronofsky is attached to direct.

ragesRemorse
Darren aronofsky? Damn, im actually going to look this up now because that is exciting news.

MildPossession
It's going to be a lot darker compared to the original movies, and taken in a different direction according to the makers. The director is very good too! can't wait.

=Tired Hiker=
I would have been happy if they had Paul Verhoven direct, as he did the first one, but Darren will do.

BruceSkywalker
As long this is going to violent and have a good story, this should be good. Whoever is casted hopefully can act..

papabeard
Aronofsky is a great director, could be good, but surely nothing can compare to the original.

BruceSkywalker
I wonder if he will cast his hot wife in this??

=Tired Hiker=
Who's his wife?

SnakeEyes
Rachel Weisz.

=Tired Hiker=
Oh yeah, she's fine.

Micheal_Myers
Originally posted by MildPossession
It's going to be a lot darker compared to the original movies, and taken in a different direction according to the makers. The director is very good too! can't wait.

Good!

Of course nothing can compare to the original. A classic.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
will it be rated R?

if not, send it back. One would hope.

tonylenk
does anyone remember the video game robocop 3? it was amazing! Like GTA4 but 15 years ago!!!!

Biff Tannen

1 and 2 were awesome. 3 sucked hard though. Riding around on a jetpack half the movie... Anyways, why L.A.? Robocop was all about Detroit.

AngryManatee
If it's not dripping with satire and excessive violence, then no sir.

SnakeEyes
I have faith in Aronofsky.

BruceSkywalker
He should have a good script sometime in the next several months followed by casting choices

Wolfie
I never bothered with Robocop 2 or 3, but with Darren Aronofsky on board, I'm curious about a 4th movie.

Kazenji
Should bother with Robocop 2 just ignore the 3rd movie

Also whats so great about Darren Aronofsky ??

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by xNIXSONx
i hope this is good, Robocop was my childhood hero, gotta have that theme song

Agreed. They better keep the same theme song. He was my hero as well.

Sadako of Girth

Thats what they did in the 'Prime Directives' 4 part miniseries, more or less.
That canadian miniseries was well worth a watch and despite their picking the shortest Robocop they could, was a step in the right direction violence/satire wise.
I recommend it for watching the once at least.
Its notable for having a few actors from the Cube movies that you will doubtlessy recognise: The cop from the 1st movie getting some great lines as Murphy's pre-detroit assignment partner, John Cable... eg:

Cable: "Whats your name..?"

Interferring official: "Sandra..."

Cable: (In Rick James fashion) "How'd you like to wear your azzhole as a necklace, Sandra...?"

Which needless to say, was a classic.

BackFire
Wow, I can't believe Aronofsky is directing this! My interest just shot up by about 400%

deathbycorn
I think Nolan could make a decent Robocop film.

maifoshis
Guys i havent posted on here in a looong time but im so excited about robocop! part of me wants to continue the story and part of me wants a remake so i can see him being created again! it would almost be on revenge of the sith vader levels!!

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by maifoshis
Guys i havent posted on here in a looong time but im so excited about robocop! part of me wants to continue the story and part of me wants a remake so i can see him being created again! it would almost be on revenge of the sith vader levels!!

Hopefully without the NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by deathbycorn
I think Nolan could make a decent Robocop film.

Ummm....

Toku King
Can't wait!
But I think that, this time around, they need to step up the game a bit. For example, instead of more evil masterminds, I'd make a character that can be recognized as Robocop's arch foe, kinda like the Green Goblin to Spider-Man or the Joker to Batman.

Decepticon
Personally I think Robocop is one of the finest sci-fi films ever made and has no non-financial gain reason to be re-done.

The Nuul
DIRECTOR JOE PADILHA TALKS ROBOCOP

by SuperHeroHype
Mar 20th, 2011
Earlier this month, we received word that Joe Padilha ("Elite Squad" films) was in talks to direct the RoboCop reboot at MGM, but it looks like he's been on board for a while. A week later it was also reported that Josh Zetumer will write the script for the film.

Now, Motion TV Online got a chance to talks Padilha about the project. You can watch the interview using the player below (subtitles kick-in at the 3:20 mark), and we've also posted his answers in text below the video.

Q: How are the RoboCop negotiations?
Joe Padilha: It is about doing a new movie, and we're working on it at the moment, and the negotiations are closed already.

Q: It is already closed?
Padilha: It has been a while!

Q: Really? We received that news only on March 1st, but it seems like you've been talking about it for some time, is that correct?
Padilha: Yes, we're already working on the screenplay and everything...

Q: This is something that can work out really well or... I mean, because there's a lot of expectations around this, how are your expectations?
Padilha: I have no concerns about it. I only work on movies when it feels right, when I add something of my own way of portraying things. I make movies for myself and I don't feel nervous, I have no problem with expectations, and if the movie is going to work or not. I just look forward to keep its integrity and directing it the best way I can, all the rest doesn't concern me.

Q: MGM was looking for a globally appealing director. Why do you think they chose you?
Padilha: I don't know. I think they saw my movies and felt there was something there that could bring to the present day this controversial, yet different, violent movie which is RoboCop without misrepresenting it.

Q: So when can we expect RoboCop to come out?
Padilha: It's a project I'm developing from the very beginning together with Josh Zetumer, which is the screenwriter, and there's no deadline really. When the screenplay turns out good enough, then we will start shooting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGcs5yCbLCM&feature=player_embedded

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by BackFire
Wow, I can't believe Aronofsky is directing this! My interest just shot up by about 400%

Well apparently not anymore...

Isn't he tied in to do the Wolverine sequel now?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Well apparently not anymore...

Isn't he tied in to do the Wolverine sequel now?

Wow your behind on your movie news

Aronofsky is'nt even doing Wolvie now he back out of it.

Robtard
If they ruin the Robocop reboot (or sequel) like they did with Conan, I'll shit on someone's face. I wil not abide another toe.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Kazenji
Wow your behind on your movie news

Aronofsky is'nt even doing Wolvie now he back out of it.

Yeah...ever since I banned Aron as a FaceBook Buddy, I really just don't know what he's up to these days.

FistOfThe North
pt.1 was was real good.

pt.2 was meh..

pt3 was shite but something you'd watch half of on a early sun morn with nuked pizza and coffee.

pt4. lookin' foward to it honestly for some reason. i just liked pt.1 so much as a young'n.

Kazenji
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/167601-lx11-robocop-promo-art-and-sales-sheet

Esau Cairn
Having a poster of Robocop smiling is not a good start.

Kazenji
Well he smiled or gave smirk in the first movie.

Scythe
He's happy, ABOUT THE DEATHS HE'S GONNA UNLEASH!!

Robtard
Originally posted by Scythe
He's happy, ABOUT THE DEATHS HE'S GONNA UNLEASH!!

Exactly.

Rogue Jedi
They should just remake Robocop. They're remaking everything else.

Myth
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
They should just remake Robocop. They're remaking everything else.

Uh, aren't they?

ADarksideJedi
I like Robocop 2 thought it was awful but good not sure why.Did not watch the others.Anyway remaking it would be a good idea!

alex4u
exactly and rebooting is a new trend which we going to witness in near future.

Myth
http://screenrant.com/chris-pine-robocop-movie-schrad-123244/?_r=true

Chris Pine, huh? I'm fine with him as an actor, but not sure he is right for the part. Then again, he is significantly better than hiring Depp or Cruise.

chomperx9
watch them F up robocop by adding additional crap like rocket boost attachment on to the bottom of his fee so he can fly around. I can see it now

Kazenji
And then Paul Verhoevon will rain down a ungodly shitstorm on MGM.

Kazenji
Theres another rumor now, Michael C Hall (Dextar) might be Robocop

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=41708

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
pt.1 was was real good.

pt.2 was meh..

pt3 was shite but something you'd watch half of on a early sun morn with nuked pizza and coffee.

pt4. lookin' foward to it honestly for some reason. i just liked pt.1 so much as a young'n.

Agree, although I enjoyed 2 as much as the first even though I wouldn't consider it better. 3 is fun but flawed, but the jetpack scenes were awesome, kind of how they would have done Iron Man without CGI.

As long as they continue the continuity and not go the reboot way I'll be watching, because you really can't top Murphy's painful ordeal of becoming Robocop from the first. Its too memorable.

Kazenji

Myth
Fassbender would be great.

Robtard
Hall's the better actor, but Fassbender would be a good fit too.

Myth
Originally posted by Robtard
Hall's the better actor, but Fassbender would be a good fit too.

I think it is hard to judge who is better because Hall doesn't necessarily have a wide range of characters that he has played. Pretty much he is really good in Dexter, but has not had enough variety in his career to show that he is good at other things. Fassbender has had multiple characters that he has played very very well.

Kazenji
I was reading something that this latest director thats on board he's going to do Robocop different, Its not going to be like Verhoevens movie

http://screenrant.com/robocop-remake-director-approach-sandy-133145/

quanchi112
I might see a robocop 4 eventually. I never really cared for the series though tbh.

jinXed by JaNx
i was all about this untill Aronofsky left. Then i started thinking...,do we need another Robocop? I had no good answer.

Lord Shadow Z
I was reading something that this latest director thats on board he's going to do Robocop different, Its not going to be like Verhoevens movie

http://screenrant.com/robocop-remake-director-approach-sandy-133145/

So it's going to be Robo-Philosopher-Cop?

I mean, Verhoeven dealt with the issues of that Detroit setting, but that was just to project the stresses and strains of each character and how they all felt and acted about life there. But delving into philosophical
meanings about the nature of Robocop feels a bit disappointing and it would just bring up the whole Murphy-can't-let-go-of-his-old-life issue that they dealt with in the background of 1&2. You really need a TV series to do that in depth and I was never interested in the one that that they did.

Plus, his look will be definitely altered and I don't think you can improve on the design of the original without straying into Iron Man territory, both looks and function-wise. The scenes with the jetpack in the third movie is essentially stop-motion Iron Man with a greyish-blue paintjob.

Robtard
Originally posted by Myth
I think it is hard to judge who is better because Hall doesn't necessarily have a wide range of characters that he has played. Pretty much he is really good in Dexter, but has not had enough variety in his career to show that he is good at other things. Fassbender has had multiple characters that he has played very very well.

He played a power-bottom in Six Feet Under, which won him praise.

Robtard
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
So it's going to be Robo-Philosopher-Cop?

Maybe they'll have Robocop do a 'What Is Man' ala Mark Twain, but solo. Hopefully will shooting people.

Sadako of Girth
I fear that hollywood's anus is twitching with expectant release.

Robtard
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
I fear that hollywood's anus is twitching with expectant release.

I hear you, not expecting anything special out of this. But let a boy dream, will you.

Sadako of Girth
Well always have the original two-movie-trilogy.

(And to a lesser extent: 'Prime directives' mini series.

roughrider
Well always have the original two-movie-trilogy.

(And to a lesser extent: 'Prime directives' mini series.

More like just the first movie. Only one that works.

Sadako of Girth
2 whilst flawed had it's moments..... 3 was pretty much completely irredeemable.

ADarksideJedi
Two was very gory but had good lines. I never got into the other ones.

Mr. Marshall
I'm glad that they've at least hired a good director for the job.

That's definitely a positive for starters.

roughrider
2 whilst flawed had it's moments..... 3 was pretty much completely irredeemable.

2 got me excited ahead of time, because they hired Frank Miller to write the script. But he got rewritten by Walon Green, and you can only see flashes of Miller's style in there. Better to read the comics series Robocop vs. The Terminator by Miller & Walt Simonson, to see what it could have been like.

steverules_2
Originally posted by roughrider
2 got me excited ahead of time, because they hired Frank Miller to write the script. But he got rewritten by Walon Green, and you can only see flashes of Miller's style in there. Better to read the comics series Robocop vs. The Terminator by Miller & Walt Simonson, to see what it could have been like.

I guess you didn't read Frank Millers robocop then...that was the robocop 2 script that he wrote but cause it was never used it was made into a comic...least thats what I heard. It's a good read.

Mr. Marshall
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Two was very gory but had good lines.

My favorite quote.

RoboCop: Thank you for not smoking.

laughing

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Mr. Marshall
I'm glad that they've at least hired a good director for the job.

That's definitely a positive for starters.

whos the director now?

Lord Shadow Z

I don't think 2 is flawed, it had some impressive moments and a different plot angle with the 'Nuke' drug dealing, but it also seamlessly moves along the purposes of OCP from the first film. I think the reasons that people may have a problem with it is the vicious kid gangster character being involved along with the drug dealing and the torture scene - I admit it is uncomfortable to watch but then so is Murphy being blown apart in the first one.

3 is over the top with the whole fascist/martial law thing, I mean, it feels like the whole country is being taken over and yet it's only mean't to be one city - Detroit. The villains aren't that impressive either since the 'old man' disappeared it lost the continuity it should have had - not to mention the absence of Peter Weller. It had some cool moments though I think, I liked the rebels, Robocops' new attaching weapons and the jetpack scene is also cool, the robot samurai's were a bit off the map but I find them funny in a good way.

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by Mr. Marshall
My favorite quote.

RoboCop: Thank you for not smoking.

laughing

Yea that is a great line! laughing I like the car part in the begining with the car stealer getting fryed and the man just pushing him away and then turning around and saying "And it does not distroy your car Batts!' that is classic. laughing

Kazenji
Update: Joel Kinnaman Confirmed as RoboCop Lead

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=87439

Patient_Leech
Oh, no. I had no idea a Robocop reboot was in the works.. ugh3

BruceSkywalker
i've no idea who this dude is.. i hope its ultra violent

Kazenji
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Oh, no. I had no idea a Robocop reboot was in the works.. ugh3

Better then trying to do another sequel when the third movie killed the franchise.

Robtard
Update: Joel Kinnaman Confirmed as RoboCop Lead

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=87439

Apparently this guy was in talks to play Thor.

rudester
Apparently this guy was in talks to play Thor.

I see why they picked him, he has the robo-cop smooth mouth and lips they want..lol

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/3/27/128826568141254823.jpg

Kazenji
RoboCop Will Have a See-Through Visor, Be More Human

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/166467-kinnaman-robocop-will-have-a-see-through-visor

Robtard
"And I can tell you this: In the first 'RoboCop' when Alex Murphy is shot, gunned down, then you see some hospitals and stuff and then you cut to him as RoboCop. My movie is between those two cuts. How do you make RoboCop? How do you slowly bring a guy to be a robot? How do you actually take humanity out of someone and how do you program a brain, so to speak, and how does that affect an individual?" -end snip

Sounds like an interesting scene(s), hope they don't fvck it up.

Sadako of Girth
I thought both construction of Robocop was fine in the original. It wasnt a cut between two scenes as the quote makes out.
That quote was obviously written by a man who never heard the phrase "You're gonna be a bad motherfvcker"...

This needs to be Robocop...not a 2hr show on biomechanics.
I dont need to know which asscheek Murphy has his power cell lodged in...the core of the story will always be Murphy getting killed and Murphy avenging himself as Robocop, and the Ghost in the Machine thing.

The original had heart just like ANH/ESB/ROTJ
Sounds like they have Midichlorean laded PTesque overexplanation fiasco in mind.

And its gonna 'play as a political satire'?
Well the original kinda was. So how thats news is beyond me...
If it starts going hardcore politics, I'll watch west wing instead cause R1 kept the focus on OCP and used that to microcosmically address the political aspects of the movie..

And to eleborate on the sequels further.
R2 was flawed, imho. Terrible Stop-Motion stuff at times, Irritating kid, irritating nemesis in Cain, so preachily anti drug that it just comes off as a blanket governmental lecture commercial, that could have be written by the committee that had those hundreds of stupidly P.C objectives put in Murphy at the beginning. Its tone was a bit less gritty that the 1st, and the rousing ending score wasn't as good as Poldoris' R1 work. Still, overall not too bad...great continuing of the man in the machine angle, more background on Murphy's alienation from his wife, and her story in moving on...the dangers of wussing out your star-ass kicker, and Murphy's do-or-die solution to that, Robocop 2 itself was pretty cool and that end battle and overall action was kind of awesome. I thought it generally to be victory for Irvin "ESB" Kersher, the lord of 'impossible sequel making made possible'.

R3....Where to begin... Splatterpunks, irritating kids used again (Actually defeating ED209 this time!!) overall weaker supporting cast...OCP turned into a joke with Rip Torn...as is the whole tone of the piece...might as well have been an episode of the TV series. (The somewhat trite death of Lewis aside) 'Nuff said.
On the positive side, like Lord Shadow, I did like the Roboninjas.
There.. I may finally sleep now.

'Night.

jinXed by JaNx
lost interest in this when arronofsky left the project

Robtard
I thought both construction of Robocop was fine in the original. It wasnt a cut between two scenes as the quote makes out.
That quote was obviously written by a man who never heard the phrase "You're gonna be a bad motherfvcker"...

I dont need to know which asscheek Murphy has his power cell lodged in...the core of the story will always be Murphy getting killed and Murphy avenging himself as Robocop, and the Ghost in the Machine thing.

Agreed, the original did just fine taking Murphy from man to Robocop; in under 20mins, iirc if we start from the very beginning of the film.

LoL, fair enough.

Solid assessments of 1,2 and 3.

Myth
Started watching The Killing. I love Joel Kinnaman in it. Now, I'm excited for Robocop again.

Btw, the most important part of the actor in Robocop to me is the walk. I've seen some of the knock off Robocop videos and if the guy can't walk like a robot, it kills it.

sandeep4webdev

harry1233
this is really good movie

Kazenji
Sam Jackson joins the movie

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=61116

Sadako of Girth
"Yes Bought it from him for a dollar! And I hope he burns in hellllllllllll"

Robtard
Hahaha, he's playing that role? Sweet.

Sadako of Girth
stick out tongue I dunno, but would be absolutely sweet if he does.

Kazenji
And Gary Oldman will be Robocop's creator as it says in that link.

Kazenji
Hugh Laurie to play the villain

Sadako of Girth
Crazy!

Lord Shadow Z

On the positive side, like Lord Shadow, I did like the Roboninjas.
There.. I may finally sleep now.

'Night.

The problem I see with too much detail in the construction of RC is that they might stray too far into Iron Man terrority like I mentioned a while back.. he's meant to be small-scale law enforcement not superhero standard. I hope they don't go that way although the vs boards would love that big grin

Roboninjas were awesome, the damaged one at the end looked very deranged with the screwed up face and rictus grin.

*shudders*

Aquitaine
'RoboCop' was never designed to have a sequel according to the film makers, it was a one off story that encompassed a whole arc of tragedy, rebirth and revenge. Or like Verhoeven says 'a Jesus story' with Murphy's death and ressurection to pass judgement.
The sequels just tried to copy Verhoeven's style, social commentary and wit, failing miserably. They had no punch or hook IMO.
Sequels to great stand alone movies have been worse though, 'Highlander' for instance.
I would not like there to be a remake, but a faithful and respectful sequel that is set somewhere in the RoboCop world after the first film, not really referencing the other sequels (ie. 'Predators').

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Aquitaine
'RoboCop' was never designed to have a sequel according to the film makers, it was a one off story that encompassed a whole arc of tragedy, rebirth and revenge. Or like Verhoeven says 'a Jesus story' with Murphy's death and ressurection to pass judgement.
The sequels just tried to copy Verhoeven's style, social commentary and wit, failing miserably. They had no punch or hook IMO.
Sequels to great stand alone movies have been worse though, 'Highlander' for instance.
I would not like there to be a remake, but a faithful and respectful sequel that is set somewhere in the RoboCop world after the first film, not really referencing the other sequels (ie. 'Predators').

The second movie was fine, did some different things for sure but I don't agree it was entirely pointless. It continued the theme of the first with respect to OCP's designs on re-building/controling Detroit the way they wanted it and what they were prepared to do to achieve it.

The scene in the first movie where the police chief is barking at his men that 'police officers don't strike!' is strangely prophetic as that is what they DO end up doing along the line. It accomplishes progression in that sense and that what sequels are meant to do. Could the execution have been better? Certainly with the third going way off base with the 'OCP military wing' arriving to take over a whole city. That was laughable but even the third has good moments.

Come on, sequels are not inherently bad, many people including myself like some sequels better than the original. In fact there are many originals that don't register with me at all but I've liked how someone else has made a sequel more exciting or expansive while still retaining some of what went before.

You don't like sequels but you want it be a sequel rather than a re-make?

(Predators was a flat and an average film imo and added absolutely nothing to the series, I really can't get your example there)

Aquitaine
The second movie was fine, did some different things for sure but I don't agree it was entirely pointless. It continued the theme of the first with respect to OCP's designs on re-building/controling Detroit the way they wanted it and what they were prepared to do to achieve it.

The scene in the first movie where the police chief is barking at his men that 'police officers don't strike!' is strangely prophetic as that is what they DO end up doing along the line. It accomplishes progression in that sense and that what sequels are meant to do. Could the execution have been better? Certainly with the third going way off base with the 'OCP military wing' arriving to take over a whole city. That was laughable but even the third has good moments.

Come on, sequels are not inherently bad, many people including myself like some sequels better than the original. In fact there are many originals that don't register with me at all but I've liked how someone else has made a sequel more exciting or expansive while still retaining some of what went before.

You don't like sequels but you want it be a sequel rather than a re-make?

(Predators was a flat and an average film imo and added absolutely nothing to the series, I really can't get your example there)

I know people who like RoboCop 2 better, no problem, just didn't work for me.
I never said I didn't like sequels. ALIENS, Spider-man 2 and Evil Dead 2 are some that are in my list of all time favourite films.
'Predators' was an example because it did not reference 'Predator 2' or the 'AVP' films in any measurable way and just made mention of the original. Just based in the world of the franchise.
Could even be based before P2, I remember reading that somewhere, but thats a different subject.

Kazenji
Predators was a good movie league's above the quality of the AVP movies.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Aquitaine
I know people who like RoboCop 2 better, no problem, just didn't work for me.
I never said I didn't like sequels. ALIENS, Spider-man 2 and Evil Dead 2 are some that are in my list of all time favourite films.
'Predators' was an example because it did not reference 'Predator 2' or the 'AVP' films in any measurable way and just made mention of the original. Just based in the world of the franchise.
Could even be based before P2, I remember reading that somewhere, but thats a different subject.

Fair enough.

Well I'm not sure why Predators skipped any mention of P2 (probably wanted to retain it's own identity), I love the first two equally in fact, especially how P2's director captured the firsts atmosphere but changed the environment and the make-up of the characters involved.

Lord Shadow Z
Predators was a good movie league's above the quality of the AVP movies.

Well personally, I wouldn't say that. I watched both AVP movies back to back last year and I got more enjoyment out of that than I did watching Predators. It was okay, but it didn't really retain any suspense or real memorable characters. Royce was the best thing to come out of that movie by a long shot.

Aquitaine
Well personally, I wouldn't say that. I watched both AVP movies back to back last year and I got more enjoyment out of that than I did watching Predators. It was okay, but it didn't really retain any suspense or real memorable characters. Royce was the best thing to come out of that movie by a long shot.

I knew it couldn't possibly be a match for the original, but enjoyed seeing the formula taken for another spin - Royce was no Arnold and was never intended to be...whoa, I'm getting off topic...

Kazenji
So what do you think of this Robocop remake anyway?

Aquitaine
So what do you think of this Robocop remake anyway?

I think its unnecessary.
What could they do better? Effects (do a Lucas and redo the effects for a re-release instead LOL)? Look? Feel? Make it more 'gritty' and 'realistic'? Make it more emotional? Add a love story between Robo and Lewis?

I have not yet seen a remake I have enjoyed. Films work so well because all the right elements come together at one time. That cannot be replicated to make a buck or 'reinvent' a classic.

Kazenji
Peter Weller Doubts Robocop remake will be as good as the original

Kazenji
The new ED-209

Kazenji
Jackie Earle Haley Joins

Kazenji
Concept art of Robocop?

Uh....WTF??

that looks like something from Iron Man.

Esau Cairn
Or Venom wearing armour...

You just can't beat the original.

steverules_2
They should just go with the original look, the original look is much better

super pr*xy
Concept art of Robocop?

Uh....WTF??

no..

Myth
Original design is way cooler than that. That looks like it belongs in Halo. Looks like body armor, not a robotic suit.

roughrider
Concept art of Robocop?

Uh....WTF??

It's like Robo-Venom.

steverules_2
Didn't they use the original look in a promotional poster or something? Makes no sense erm

Scythe
Concept art of Robocop?

Uh....WTF??

MASTADON!

Robtard
Concept art of Robocop?

Uh....WTF??

Yeah, I hope they only use about 0.5% of that concept.

BackFire
Pretty excited about this. The actor who is playing Robocop is very good. Was the best part of The Killing.

Patient_Leech
Is this a remake or a sequel?

Either way this series should not be touched. It's a series that belongs in the 80s/90s. ugh3

Myth
Remake. I'm ok with rebooting it as long as they do something different with it. If it is 80% the same story, then I see no point at all.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Is this a remake or a sequel?

Either way this series should not be touched. It's a series that belongs in the 80s/90s. ugh3

Its a remake

And yeah i know i created this thread.....damn 15 min rule bullshit.

Esau Cairn
I just read my fav Aussie actress, Abbie Cornish is in this.

Robtard
hmmm

http://freeimagesarchive.com/data/media/255/abbie+cornish.jpg

I'd do something involving corn with her, no doubt.

Esau Cairn
hmmm

I'd do something involving corn with her, no doubt.

See if you can youtube an Aussie tv series called Life Support, it was a satire of all those home/personal self improvement shows.
She played one of the "reporters" named Penne in the 1st season..

Bobby_Fette
Robocop 4: Illegal Corning

Kazenji
Robocop as a transformer

no expression

they also use the original design but act like its outdated.

Esau Cairn
Yeah but would you really trust a guy whose name is Drew McWeeny?

Kazenji
First look at the New Robocop

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=94813&utm_campaign=facebookfan&utm_source=facebookfan&utm_medium=referral

what the hell is that crap...

Impediment
He looks like Batman, Iron Man, and Judge Dredd rolled into one.

Dislike.

rudester
They should have made him more alien cartoon like

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m517/KYLE-D1/Family%20Guy/FGRunningMates0018.jpg

http://www.engamer.com/wp-content/upload/2008/02/2-17-08-robot-towering.jpg

http://www.templates.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/robot-ai.jpg

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Impediment
He looks like Batman, Iron Man, and Judge Dredd rolled into one.

You forgot to add "dogshit" too.

Im with you on the dislike, so far.

BruceSkywalker
I truly hope that is not the final version.. i hope he goes through several outfits and then gets an upgrade for the final battle scenes..

super pr*xy

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=94813&utm_campaign=facebookfan&utm_source=facebookfan&utm_medium=referral

wtf is this shit?

Esau Cairn
On the plus side...it would be good to see Michael Keaton back on the big screen.

Kazenji
Pretty sure Michael Keaton has been on the big screen recently.

Robtard
WTF, I said I hoped they only used 0.5% of that concept, but instead they went full retard.

Reminds me a bit of the Crysis suit, but not in a good way.

super pr*xy
everybody knows you do not. go. full. retard..

Myth
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
On the plus side...it would be good to see Michael Keaton back on the big screen.

He was the best part of The Other Guys.

Mr. Rhythmic
they also use the original design but act like its outdated.

...It is.

Mr. Rhythmic

I dunno, looks alright to me. A bit too sleek, but otherwise, kudos for not making a shot-for-shot remake.

Kazenji
Looks like a Batman/Iron Man Hybrid.

Sadako of Girth
Shame it wasnt a Robocop/Robocop hybrid.
The concept has sold out and become a follower, when it in it's individuality in the original film, it was a leader..

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
I dunno, looks alright to me. A bit too sleek, but otherwise, kudos for not making a shot-for-shot remake.

i knew things would change, however I wasn;t expecting this too drastic of a change..

Shame it wasnt a Robocop/Robocop hybrid.
The concept has sold out and become a follower, when it in it's individuality in the original film, it was a leader..

i know, at least they could've had some of the features from the original

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>