Who can beat an peak-form African male lion...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
...from the following list, without any equipment?

Punisher
Daredevil
Batman
Captain America
Spiderman

Endrict Nuul
Spider-Man
Cap
Batman
DD
Frank

In that order...

They should all do it but some will do it quicker than others.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Spider-Man
Cap
Batman
DD
Frank

In that order...

They should all do it but some will do it quicker than others. how the heck is Frank gonna beat a lion without weapons?

Creshosk
Lion's can't kick.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Starscream M
how the heck is Frank gonna beat a lion without weapons?

It won't be easy....I think he can do it with all of his training and experience with super beings....maybe..... confused

llagrok
Victor.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by llagrok
Victor.

confused

Scoobless
Realistically, out of this group, only Spider-Man should be able to beat a healthy Male Lion.

The Pict
All of them

Starscream M
Originally posted by Scoobless
Realistically, out of this group, only Spider-Man should be able to beat a healthy Male Lion. I think Cap and DD should also be able to do it...they can dodge bullets, lions won't be too fast for them. Cap's punches are like hitting a lion with a club, and DD can prob poke out the lion's eyes.

I think Batman can take a few wins, but not majority.

I don't see Frank winning once...his best bet may be to try to bite the lions nuts off.

Metalmanx
...from the following list, without any equipment?

Punisher
Daredevil
Batman
Captain America
Spiderman

All of them clear it. Seriously.

Endrict Nuul
A brown or grizzly bear would be harder and only Parker wins.....maybe Cap.

occultdestroyer
I think Cap and DD should also be able to do it...they can dodge bullets, lions won't be too fast for them. Cap's punches are like hitting a lion with a club, and DD can prob poke out the lion's eyes.

I think Batman can take a few wins, but not majority.

I don't see Frank winning once...his best bet may be to try to bite the lions nuts off.
Cap can dodge bullets? rolling on floor laughing

Batgod does not take majority?
You are underestimating the power of the Batkick.

Frank... well, not sure. He can't do nothing without his guns.

Metalmanx
I believe the man that is brave/stupid/confident enough to sock a polar bear in the face and live to tell the tale will be able to take out a lion.

Scoobless
I can't believe how many of you think a Human can fight a Lion and win ... The only one fast enough to outrun it would be Spider-Man, he's also the only one who would be strong enough to hurt it.

Poking out it's eyes? there's just no way that would work, to do that they'd have to get past the claws and teeth of an animal that weighs around 500lbs of almost solid muscle.

Without weapons nobody other than S-M even stands a chance.

illadelph12
I agree, but didn't a wounded Punisher cold cock a polar bear and then feed Ma Gnucci to it?

http://overcaffeinated.net/img/punisher1.jpg

http://overcaffeinated.net/img/punisher2.jpg

Priceless...

Endrict Nuul
These aren't real men are are talking about here....these are comic book men that do out of the norm stuff.

Galan007
Who can beat an peak-form African male lion... a f*cking lion? Srsly? none

Juk3n
Spider-Man
Cap
Batman
DD
Frank

In that order...

They should all do it but some will do it quicker than others.

thumb up they will all take comic book lions, in that order, Correctamundo

jalek moye
I can't believe how many of you think a Human can fight a Lion and win ... The only one fast enough to outrun it would be Spider-Man, he's also the only one who would be strong enough to hurt it.

Poking out it's eyes? there's just no way that would work, to do that they'd have to get past the claws and teeth of an animal that weighs around 500lbs of almost solid muscle.

first spiderman not only stands a chance he just rapes the lion cuz its no comp.

Cap beats it to cap is like a person with a weapon me hitting it with a mace is like cap punching it. I mean the guy can bench like 1000 something. PLus has faster reflexes then a lion

george '06
spiderman,cap and DD are the only ones who can take it realistically
and DD's doubtful
maybe,maybe batman

carnage52
batkick turns it into a kitten.

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by jalek moye
first spiderman not only stands a chance he just rapes the lion cuz its no comp.

Cap beats it to cap is like a person with a weapon me hitting it with a mace is like cap punching it. I mean the guy can bench like 1000 something. PLus has faster reflexes then a lion

You hit a lion with a club and see:

1. If it does any damage
2. How good you look in a coffin

There was a news a long while ago with a dude living in africa, well built fellow. An old dying lioness jumped in his house through the open window and attacked him and his friends. He stabbed it point blank with all his strength in the chest 3 times. First two times the lioness just got more pissed off. The third time he got lucky, the knife went between two ribs and hit her in the heart and it crawled off and died later.

He couldn't even break the ribs. And that was a lioness. An old, dying lioness.

george '06
Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~

1. If it does any damage

There was a news a long while ago with a dude living in africa, well built fellow. An old dying lioness jumped in his house through the open window and attacked him and his friends. He stabbed it point blank with all his strength in the chest 3 times. First two times the lioness just got more pissed off. The third time he got lucky, the knife went between two ribs and hit her in the heart and it crawled off and died later.

lioness's are the hunters, they chasew down antelops & sh**
and arent a joke

george '06

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by george '06
lioness's are the hunters, they chasew down antelops & sh**
and arent a joke

You're right, they're not. In 1 on 1 however they're shit compared to the males.

george '06
forgot the females hunt in groups

jalek moye

1. If it does any damage

i said mace

if i hit a lion with a mace its gonna fall down and run or die depending on where i hit it.

Cap is faster then a lion has better reflexes and has the strength to put one down. And he can take what ever it dishes out.

bbrem123
i swear i have seen batman kick a tree in half...i think a kick that hard would destroy a lion

~The Wickerman~
i said mace

if i hit a lion with a mace its gonna fall down and run or die depending on where i hit it.

Cap is faster then a lion has better reflexes and has the strength to put one down. And he can take what ever it dishes out.

You my good friend, are delusional. Have a good day.

psycho gundam
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0CNgwZgoKFc

^just watch and make your own predictions what would have happened if these men were unarmed.

george '06
those men weren't superhuman

Endrict Nuul
This is about "Men from comics" that can do odd things.. so they can beat a comic book lion. They shouldn't be compared to real life men vs a real lion.

Mr. Slippyfist
Masterbruce?

george '06
Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0CNgwZgoKFc

^just watch and make your own predictions what would have happened if these men were unarmed.
most of thes characters would do better than the lion did

psycho gundam
This is about "Men from comics" that can do odd things.. so they can beat a comic book lion. They shouldn't be compared to real life men vs a real lion. thats fine but one dude made it sound like "comic lions" have rock em' sock em' robot buttons on their nose's or something, imo thats highly *etarded.

jalek moye
You my good friend, are delusional. Have a good day.
do you realize exactly what a mace is and how much power you generate with one.

also captain america is just better in every way then a lion. This sint a normal man we are talking about

srankmissingnin

I can't believe people actual think the lion has a chance...

These are guys that bust through brick walls in the midst of combat, fight dozens of armed men in close quarters and not only survive but clean house while sustaining minimal damage and all bench above 800lbs. These guys are more monster than man and they would all destroy a lion.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by illadelph12
I agree, but didn't a wounded Punisher cold cock a polar bear and then feed Ma Gnucci to it?

http://overcaffeinated.net/img/punisher1.jpg

http://overcaffeinated.net/img/punisher2.jpg

Priceless...

laughing What happened next? laughing

What If...
Assuming real cap and skrull cap have exact strength/skill level....

Skrull Cap was able to take down Zabu.

Zabu > tiger.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

These are guys that bust through brick walls in the midst of combat, fight dozens of armed men in close quarters and not only survive but clean house while sustaining minimal damage and all bench above 800lbs. These guys are more monster than man and they would all destroy a lion. the lion has more than a chance, it's a male lion for christ's sake. lions drag 520 kg + wildebeest and zebra around, fight off hyena, and male lions battle for dominance all the time.

this is a rare occasion, this fight is actually 100% pure PIS.
i say this because unlike superman losing to toyman or some other lame villain, lions, tigers, and bears (oh my!) are actual living creatures that were then placed into comic form and put into ridiculous situations to make the hero/villain look tough. punisher giving that polar bear a right cross is......wow, normally that feat would be considered suicide by the inuit, so i will take that with a grain of salt the size of a basketball. you know, it's not like polar bears take swats to the face during their lives, the north pole is a peaceful habitat where male bears get everything they need/want without a fight........

illadelph12
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
laughing What happened next? laughing

Well, Gnucci's henchman didn't fair so well...

http://overcaffeinated.net/img/punisher3.jpg

Then the other 2 bears woke up as well and, well, then Ma Gnucci...

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/thumb/2/28/Ma_Gnucci_001.jpg/250px-Ma_Gnucci_001.jpg

srankmissingnin
the lion has more than a chance, it's a male lion for christ's sake. lions drag 520 kg + wildebeest and zebra around, fight off hyena, and male lions battle for dominance all the time.

And which part of that makes you think that a lion would have a chance here?

You are looking at a group where several of the men have gotten into fights with hundreds of armed assassin where they not only won the fight but avoided any serious injury. How many men with swords could a lion beat? Three? Four? Five? Would he live long enough afterwards for it even to matter? Not only is everyone on this list faster and stronger than a lion, they have faced down and come out victorious against thing 10 levels more dangerous than any lion on a logarithmic scale. It isn't even a contest. These aren't normal humans. They aren't even close.

jalek moye
the lion has more than a chance, it's a male lion for christ's sake. lions drag 520 kg + wildebeest and zebra around, fight off hyena, and male lions battle for dominance all the time.

this is a rare occasion, this fight is actually 100% pure PIS.
i say this because unlike superman losing to toyman or some other lame villain, lions, tigers, and bears (oh my!) are actual living creatures that were then placed into comic form and put into ridiculous situations to make the hero/villain look tough. punisher giving that polar bear a right cross is......wow, normally that feat would be considered suicide by the inuit, so i will take that with a grain of salt the size of a basketball. you know, it's not like polar bears take swats to the face during their lives, the north pole is a peaceful habitat where male bears get everything they need/want without a fight........
hmm so you really think a lion could take Captain america he lifts more then a 1000 lbs

he can run as fast as a cheetah. he has faster reflexes then the lion he is way smarter. and can take hits from things way stronger then the lion

and with spiderman the lion cant do anything to him

jalek moye
And which part of that makes you think that a lion would have a chance here?

You are looking at a group where several of the men have gotten into fights with hundreds of armed assassin where they not only won the fight but avoided any serious injury. How many men with swords could a lion beat? Three? Four? Five? Would he live long enough afterwards for it.
I'm pretty sure 3 men with swords would kill one lion

srankmissingnin
I'm pretty sure 3 men with swords would kill one lion

So do I.

psycho gundam
hmm so you really think a lion could take Captain america he lifts more then a 1000 lbs

he can run as fast as a cheetah. he has faster reflexes then the lion he is way smarter. and can take hits from things way stronger then the lion

and with spiderman the lion cant do anything to him well, cap DEAD LIFTS 1000lbs or benches 800+ pounds in optimal conditions or with extreme effort, and one's dead lifting strength may seldom come into play when fighting a lion, maybe cap will use his legs to push the lion off of him.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uSNvEpH2L1o

^ronnie coleman's awe inspiring 2300 lbs leg press...yeah it's real.

though impressive, the weights weren't trying to rip his throat out.

but that maneuver is also a double-edged sword because large cats cave strong curved claws made for holding onto prey, and if the lion's teeth are sunk into any flesh, kicking or lifting the lion off of you might remove some vitals.

but i do agree that spidey has the best chance of survival, everyone else imo is going to need a big band-aid.

StyleTime
They could all take a lion. Some people are forgetting that these guys are well above real life humans physically and mentally.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by StyleTime
They could all take a lion. Some people are forgetting that these guys are well above real life humans physically and mentally. if that was directed at me, i'm not forgetting anything.

the thread question is vague to me because it looks like the characters are fighting a real life lion so i have to apply real life logic towards it, and since it was never mentioned that it is a comic book lion i think i'm in the right.

if it were movie versions of the characters versus a real lion, the lion eats all of these guys save maybe spider-man. but if it's a comic "lie-on" then i guess the heroes win because comic lions are stuffed with cotton anyway.

p.s. punisher called those polar bears "docile", usually that would be considered an oxymoron. oh well, it's a comic bear.

illadelph12
The bear had just woken up before he decked it in the grill.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by illadelph12
The bear had just woken up before he decked it in the grill. thats probably more hazardous than hitting it when it's fully awake.

darthgoober

You really think the people on the list are that far behind Dr. Doom(without armor) in h2h combat ability...

http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doom1037sl.jpg
http://img198.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doom1047fn.jpg
http://img198.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doom1058tt.jpg
http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doom1068pb.jpg

psycho gundam
Originally posted by darthgoober
You really think the people on the list are that far behind Dr. Doom(without armor) in h2h combat ability...

http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doom1037sl.jpg
http://img198.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doom1047fn.jpg
http://img198.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doom1058tt.jpg
http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doom1068pb.jpg too bad the writers forgot that a male lion's mane is for exactly protecting itself from that attack, and also shielding itself from the patented lion air pipe bite.

darthgoober
too bad the writers forgot that a male lion's mane is for exactly protecting itself from that attack, and also shielding itself from the patented lion air pipe bite.
Nah, Doom just kicks that much ass wink .

Scoobless
the thread question is vague to me because it looks like the characters are fighting a real life lion so i have to apply real life logic towards it, and since it was never mentioned that it is a comic book lion i think i'm in the right.

Actually the threads about a "peak" lion ... basically the Captain America of Lions.

laughing out loud

srankmissingnin
too bad the writers forgot that a male lion's mane is for exactly protecting itself from that attack, and also shielding itself from the patented lion air pipe bite.

Nah it just doesn't proved enough damage absorption against men who punch through brick walls / bullet proof glass and kick trees in half, to matter.

TricksterPriest
Psycho has a point, but it's comics, so we have to ignore shit like that on occasion.

In all seriousness, given the rediculous shit that these guys do on a daily basis, a Lion is pretty much cake.

Now a cyborg lion, that might be tough. shifty

george '06
doom knows all the pressure points im sure, and is super super familiar with anatomy

psycho gundam
Originally posted by george '06
doom knows all the pressure points im sure, and is super super familiar with anatomy not a woman's anatomy stick out tongue

psycho gundam
Nah it just doesn't proved enough damage absorption against men who punch through brick walls / bullet proof glass and kick trees in half, to matter. all those things you listed can't move let alone catch and tear a zebra to pieces.

The Pict

These are guys that bust through brick walls in the midst of combat, fight dozens of armed men in close quarters and not only survive but clean house while sustaining minimal damage and all bench above 800lbs. These guys are more monster than man and they would all destroy a lion.

Totally agree

Soljer

Cap's taken on Lions that were specifically trained to kill without any problems.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Soljer
Cap's taken on Lions that were specifically trained to kill without any problems. Ya... but that's comics... erm

Soljer
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Ya... but that's comics... erm

We aren't on a comic book versus forum? confused.

Mr. Slippyfist
We aren't on a comic book versus forum? confused. Apparently not.

Doom's lion stomping didn't count either...

george '06
not a woman's anatomy stick out tongue

just doombots he put an invisible woman mask on

Brutacus
Cap's taken on Lions that were specifically trained to kill without any problems.

So the lions needed training to kill???
So that would mean these lions weren't wild animals???
I bet iff you corner a wild lion he would be far more dangerous than one that has been trained by humans.

Since a wild male lion needs to be 100% fit all the time to hold his ground against intruders.

But I give most of these guy's a chance since lions aren't the perfect hunters.

Spiderman, would win every time.
I guess with the others it could go either way, iff the lion can put his jaws in one of them they won't have the strenght to pull free since the bite force of a male lion is 1750 lbs (seen it on tv so this could be a little more a less not sure).

Placidity
Lol, who said the lions can't cause enough damage?

How about he just bites and rips your limbs off?

Or get a good bite at your face, and crush your skull?

Do you realise how much strength is in a lion's jaws? Once he takes a bite of something, he ain't letting go, and that body part is guaranteed to be gone.

Its abit weird saying this, but some of you have been reading too much comics.

Spiderman is the only one that survives.

Mr. Slippyfist
We aren't on a comic book versus forum? confused.
Originally posted by Placidity
Its abit weird saying this, but some of you have been reading too much comics.

Heh... owned!

The Pict
These guys take out super powered villains, jump into rooms full of gun toting thugs and take everyone down unscathed but get killed by a single lion? No chance.

ultimatethor
The only person who might lose here is the punisher. Evryone else wins. I find it unbeleivable that people actually think that any of these guys( save punisher) would lose to a lion. Almost all of them have taken on 50+ armed men and still come out victorious with no injuries. How is the lion going to even stand a chance? Cap/DD/Batman have all shown the ability to react tod dodge gunfire. There reflexes are seriously on inhuman levels. The same goes for their speed and strength. The lion would be lucky to land a single blow. All the pounces of the lion would be easily dodged and for evry dodged blow it would receive numerous blows from guys that can wreck trees and brick walls. This is one unlucky lion

illadelph12
Bruce Wayne unarmed in a loin cloth is taking down a lion...

Placidity
One punch can take out a man. Repeat this as many times as you want, and thats how many men you can beat.

Punching a lion? Not going to work ever (unless you have Spiderman strength).

Never
One punch can take out a man. Repeat this as many times as you want, and thats how many men you can beat.

How about kicking one? You or I could very easily break a lion's lower leg(s).

I think they all defeat him. A lion's jaws are **okay** (hyena's jaws are MUCH stronger), but all of those listed are very quick and darn sure won't sit around waiting for the lion to bite it.

I mean, if Kraven the Hunter can do it...

srankmissingnin

Long have they lurked in the shadows, skirting the perimeter of threads always just beyond sight. Now they have united to make their move, the secret threat of KMC... lion fanboys!!!

Seriously, what do you think a lion is made out of? Granite? Cap would one shot the sucker.

I can't believe you just said it would take class 20 strength to hurt a lion. Head the the pharmacy and renew what ever prescription you are supposed to be on.

Scoobless
Kraven has Superhuman strength and speed on par with Spider-Man ... plus he lived in the wild training to hunt animals for years.

xmarksthespot
All these characters would beat a lion in comics.

But all these people on here who think they would personally be any threat to a lion are deluded... ermm

Who do you think you are? Masterbruce?

Scoobless
Long have they lurked in the shadows, skirting the perimeter of threads always just beyond sight. Now they have united to make their move, the secret threat of KMC... lion fanboys!!!

Seriously, what do you think a lion is made out of? Granite? Cap would one shot the sucker.

I can't believe you just said it would take class 20 strength to hurt a lion. Head the the pharmacy and renew what ever prescription you are supposed to be on.

Mocking someone who thinks an unarmed human can't beat a Lion?

That's funny on a couple of levels.

srankmissingnin

That's funny on a couple of levels.

As funny as using a standard human as the measuring tape for why Batman can't beat a lion? Nope.

Creshosk

That's funny on a couple of levels. Because we all know everyone on the list is just a human.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Creshosk
Because we all know everyone on the list is just a human. Spider-Man isn't. smile

Everyone else apparently is. Human speed, human durability, human skills, human strength.

Cap is like those hunters shown earlier.

Galan007
Originally posted by Galan007
a f*cking lion? Srsly? none

Badabing
Closed. Too much bashing and not really a good discussion since everyone on the list beats a lion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.