If you had it your way:

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

truejedi
If you were in charge of deciding what was canon, and what was not from the EU, what would you choose?

To start it off:
I'd have to make comics, and the clone war cartoons both noncanon. IMO, they put the force on a ridiculous level that ruins what star wars really is.

I'd make orbalisks non canon: Bane is fine: just lose those things.

The death of Even Piell would be noncanon: absolutely pathetic for a jedi council member.

And finally: The canon version of the fight between Palps and his would be arresters would be the one from the ROTS novel.

xxxpoppunker182
anything karen travis has written would be non canon

GenomeFrozener
Darth Nihilus never dieing and him actually succeeding in wiping out all life in the galaxy.
"The True Darkness has come!"

Tangible God
1. All of Episode III would be done as it was in the novel.

2. Gungans wouldn't exist, and Ewoks would be more ferocious.

3. The Holiday Special from the 80's wouldn't exist either.

4. Nihilus' and Sion's powers would be limited.

5. Dark Empire would not have occurred. And if it had to, no Palpatine.

6. The Crystal Star would not have occurred. (extradimensional beings is too far)

7. I'd give the origin of "Darth" back to Bane.

8. Luke's powers would be limited. (he'd fail a bit more, take more damage etc.)

9. Pellaeon would not have died as he did.

10. Boba Fett would have snuffed it saving Han from the Yuuzhan Vong or something. As much as I like the Mandalorians, enough is enough.

11. Oh and Caedus would have been a new Vader.

Schwarzenegger
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
anything karen travis has written would be non canon

Gideon
1. To hell with minimalism. EU authors almost always limit the scope of the military projections and capabilities of the various galactic superpowers. Given the logical calculations and numbers supported by the various supplemental books, the Galactic Empire should field millions of Star Destroyers, which makes Grand Admiral Pellaeon's musings that the Empire once fielded "twenty five thousand" completely retarded. This is a galactic-level saga with galactic-level militaries, people, and it's time that these dumbass authors remember that. Incidentally, the one piece of literature that understood this caveat was Dark Empire.

2. Let Publius novelize Dark Empire and then burn the comic.

3. Either give Revan character flaws or scrap him. No more Gary Stus.

4. LotF is retconned; Mara Jade and Pellaeon live.

Master Crimzon
1. Either no Dark Empire, or an incredibly good novelization of it (and ONLY Dark Empire I. No 2 or 3, they suck even harder).

2. Karen Traviss should go die in a black hole. No more authors being biased towards certain characters, and sh!t like that.

3. I agree. No Orbalisks for Bane, and give him back the origins of 'Darth'.

4. No more exaggerrated, planet-destroying stuff. Like force storms, massive drains and supernovas.

5. NO CLONES! That's Marvel stuff, not Star Wars.

6. Make the Sidious vs. Mace fight more badass and faster. Same goes for Obi vs. Vader on the Death Star.

7. Remake RotJ.

8. Stop the Sith's resurrection after either Palpatine's final death or after RotJ.

That's it, I guess.

sweersa
Originally posted by truejedi
If you were in charge of deciding what was canon, and what was not from the EU, what would you choose?

To start it off:
I'd have to make comics, and the clone war cartoons both noncanon. IMO, they put the force on a ridiculous level that ruins what star wars really is.

I'd make orbalisks non canon: Bane is fine: just lose those things.

The death of Even Piell would be noncanon: absolutely pathetic for a jedi council member.

And finally: The canon version of the fight between Palps and his would be arresters would be the one from the ROTS novel.

Bane's orbalisks are non-canon to begin with as they are EU. I thought they were cool, they both suited and hurt him, he eventually gets them taken off.

GenomeFrozener
Originally posted by Gideon
3. Either give Revan character flaws or scrap him. No more Gary Stus

Why so? embarrasment

Tangible God
Originally posted by GenomeFrozener
Why so? embarrasment Because looking back on it, it is incredibly irritating to have such a perfect hero. He has more attributes and skills than any other Star Wars protagonist, and it seems he can never do wrong.

Dr. Styles
I hate topics like this. Cry moar kids.

GenomeFrozener
Originally posted by Tangible God
Because looking back on it, it is incredibly irritating to have such a perfect hero.

I thought Luke was. eek!

Originally posted by Dr. Styles
I hate topics like this. Cry moar kids.

**** right, hell yeah. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tangible God
Originally posted by GenomeFrozener
I thought Luke was. eek! At least he lost his hand.

truejedi
cortosis would lose canonicity. And there would have to be SOME explanation for why grievous is able to avoid being pushed around by the force by the Jedi he kills in LOE. (same with any other Jedi he kills for that matter. ) the statement was made in Jedi Twilight that no nonforce combatant (no matter how skilled) should be able to compete with a jedi in melee combat.) (despite the obvious contradiction from Bane, rule of two.) So from those two conflicting sources, i'd definitly go with Twilight, and make it that someone must be force sensitive to compete against a force sensitive, 1 on 1.

Dark-Jaxx
Chewie never died.

Ewoks no longer exist, or at least they don't fvck up the Empire.

Jar-Jar Binks has his head cut off by Maul.

Master Crimzon
Hey, I got an idea. RotJ ends with Luke's, Vader's, and the Emperor's Death on the Death Star when it is blown up by the Rebels- not only will it make a much better 'balance of the force' interpretation (No more Jedi or Sith- thus, the force is now truly 'in balance', without people with extreme powers to control the universe.), but it will be more thought-provoking and interesting. And it would prevent Luke from degenerating into an annoying character.

That would be awesome.

caedusrulesall
*Slight Invincible spoiler at the end, but you probably should have read it by now*

There's going to be a lot, so bear with me.

If I could create the EU...

1. The planet Naboo would be drained by Darth Nihilus, rendering it a graveyard never to be repopulated.

2. The Clone Wars and prequels would have gone like the Thrawn Trilogy established them as, not like the actual movies. (i.e. It's Clones vs. Republic, it lasts much longer, the Republic's fleet is composed of Dreadnaughts, Yoda trained Obi-Wan, etc.)

3. Anakin Skywalker would have not been so whiny and angsty. His transformation to Darth Vader is less abrupt.

4. Anakin's wife would be someone other than Padme.

5. This whole Starkiller Force Unleashed thing would not exist.

6. The Crystal Star did not exist.

7. The Yuuzhan Vong War would end with the Galactic Alliance slaughtering all of the remaining Vong. Also, Zonama Sekot would not exist. Finally, the Yuuzhan Vong War would be truly worse and more destructive than any other war, including the First Galactic Civil War.

8. Boba Fett would be killed by the Yuuzhan Vong at the Battle of Caluula.

9. There'd be a book or two detailing Jacen's five-year Force-finding mission after the Vong War, so all you people would stop going "oh he's suddenly way to powerful" because you'd know exactly what he learned.

10. Caedus, from the start, would have been like he was in Invincible, rather than his half-hearted Sith self of Inferno-Revelation.

11. The LOTF books Bloodlines, Sacrifice and Revelation would be written by someone other than Karen Traviss.

12. LOTF would be the end of the Star Wars saga, ending with an enormous space battle over Coruscant with Luke sacrificing himself to kill Caedus, taking with him Leia, Jaina and Ben. Han would die from being surrounded by a group of GAG troops, attempting to talk his way out of it, and being slaughtered. The GA would remain after the end of LOTF, and defeat the Confederation, but Daala would NOT become Chief of State.

And I don't know where this would fit in, probably in the Dark Nest, but there would be a chapter where Jaina Solo was stranded naked on a planet somewhere. You know, just for fun.

Tangible God
Why the Naboo hatred?

Faunus
Yeah, that's pretty random. And #12 on that is stupid and unnecessary - Luke clearly wouldn't need to sacrifice himself to kill Caedus, killing off the last Skywalker kids would be ridiculous, and the trio deserve decent deaths.

Darth Sexy
The Vong war WAS by far the most devastating war in the star wars mythos. The death toll was 365 trillion. Wasn't that at least half of the galaxy?

caedusrulesall
Originally posted by Tangible God
Why the Naboo hatred?

Naboo was a pointless planet that took up an entire movie and contained Gungans and set the stage for the crappy prequels.

You see, if they killed off the last Skywalkers and Solos, we wouldn't have the Legacy comics with the crazy New Sith Order and all that stuff. As for character deaths:

1. By the way Luke's been going for the past few books, a sacrifice/death would be suitable for him.

2. Leia's been relegated to more of a background character than anything else, though she has played some role in a few LOTF books. Sacrifice to get rid of her tyrannical son would be good for her.

3. Han is nothing but a crackpot smuggler that's an idiot to everyone he meets and becomes a traitor. I don't think he deserves an elaborate death.

I know everyone's going to hate me for these thoughts, but hey, I don't really think that they deserve so much special treatment just because they were in the movies.

Just looking at the death toll shows you that it was the most devastating, but then you have it increasingly referred to as a ploy to create a new Sith Lord (Caedus) by Vergere and (I think) Lumiya (we learn that in the LOTF.) Plus, you still have people that won't believe that the Vong War was worse than the First Galactic Civil War just because "omg it had Vader and Sidious and the Empire and it was in the movies".

I can't stand it when people think that everything from the movies is better than everything else. Or when people go on about the books being non-canon.

Darth Sexy
Nobody in their right minds would state that ANY war was on the scale of the Vong war. The galaxy was nearly destroyed by the Vong. When the empire took over, they didn't kill everything in their path, like the Vong. Instead, they ran their government as they saw fight and let everyone live their lives..

Furthermore, I don't see Luke dying in any method other than old age, unless GL suddenly allows his greatest hero to die.

Master Crimzon
Hey. The Yuuzhan Vong war was the most devastating war in galactic history- there's no question 'bout dat- but I'm of the opinion that the Clone Wars (despite being staged...) is the best war in Star Wars.

And I'm also of the opinion that the movies (and the surrounding stories) are the best SW has to offer.

And Naboo is only relevant in the first two prequels. RotS is, IMO, the best prequel and possibly the best SW movie overall and only has one sequence featuring Naboo (and even then, the actual planet is pretty irrelevant).

And lol. Han is probably the one and only movie character who deserves a natural death... or give him a heroic death. Not some stupid, cowardly one.

MasterAshenVor
OK HERE COMES MY LONG LIST o.o

ALL COMICS = GONE

CLONE WARS CARTOON NETWORK CARTOON SERIES WOULD NEVER EVER EVER EXIST IN 10000000 LIFE TIMES

When Pellaeron Died the Imperial Forces would have Continued Fighting...I hated that they dident respect him enough to grant him his dieing Wish

Jar Jar FRIED IN EPISODE III by VADER!!!

Darth Title Origins given back to Bane

Nihilus's Power = Turned Down a Notch or Two

Ace Azzamen would have been included in ALL X-Wing Books.

Duel vs Palpy and Windu would have been more Ferocious and Deadly.

Grevious = FIGHT BETTER AGINST OBI WAN

Luke Skywalker = Be Killed By Caedus with Leia Takeing over the Jedi Council or maby Corran Horn. (Havent Read last book so it might have happened...I hope so)

Wedge Antilles would have More Screen Time on Movies

Movies would have more Dogfights

Star Wars : Clone Wars Movie would have better Dialogue

Kit Fisto would have lasted till close to the end of the Duel

I would make it so where we would know what and where Assajj Ventress went and did.

Mara Jade = Gets Killed in a LIGHTSABER duel by Caedus not with a Dart o.o

Alternate Universe Books NEVER EVER EVER EXISTED.

We get to See Quilan Vos in Episode III

THAS IT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.