World War Hulk Vs Sentry - The Re-match? Who Is Really Win?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

allen4
WORLD WAR HULK VS SENTRY.........THE LAST MATCH,I THINK HULK IS THE TECHNICAL WINNER.........WHO WIN FOR THE RE-MATCH?

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/633/wwh025sa5.th.jpg
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/633/wwh025sa5.jpg

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1903/wwh026bg8.th.jpg
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1903/wwh026bg8.jpg

quanchi112
WW Hulk wins again.

Harbinger
Originally posted by quanchi112
WW Hulk wins again.

llagrok
Who is really win?

I think the sentry would win.

bbrem123
if sentry doesnt try and go punch for punch with hulk then he wins...but if he doesnt think to much like last time then hulk wins obviously

tkitna
The Sentry if he actually fights like he means it instead of just wanting to release his energy.

guy222
WWH

The Pict
Sentry would win if he fought at full capacity, ie actually used his speed advantage.

In WWH he was basically walking into Hulk's punches or just stood there chatting while having his face beaten.

janus77
Sentry wins via bfr.

he doesn't have the power to defeat Hulk any other way.

cmack
more of the same, sentry cant hurt the hulk, as much as the hulk can hurt him

Grinning Goku
WWH if Sentry fights the same way.

D-Block
Sentry if he uses his speed and fight like Superman smile

allen4
if wwh defeat sentry,he can resist to superman.........c'mon, hulk fight with a guy with 1000 exploding suns powers!!!!!!! yes

quanchi112
Originally posted by llagrok
Who is really win?

I think the sentry would win. How so?

Dark-Jaxx
Well neither of them are "win", both are AIDS filled piles of shit.

I think Sentry would win if he didn't fight like an idiot and try to carry on a conversation with Hulk while having his face smashed.

Knowsbleed33
Sentry can easily BFR the Hulk.

bbrem123
sentry should take it his first fight with hulk was just stupidity on his part

quanchi112
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Sentry can easily BFR the Hulk. Why didnt he then when he fought him in WW Hulk?

bbrem123
Why didnt he then when he fought him in WW Hulk?

cuz bob was not the brightest bulb on tree at the time of there fight

DigiMark007
YOU GUYS.

WHO IS REALLY WIN.

HOORAY.

Dark-Jaxx
Why didnt he then when he fought him in WW Hulk? Cause like I said before, WWH is bullshit, fail, and AIDS.

bbrem123
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Cause like I said before, WWH is bullshit, fail, and AIDS.

agreed

Raoul
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Cause like I said before, WWH is bullshit, fail, and AIDS.

there's really no need for that, even if you dislike the series that much...

Nihilist
sentry

Knowsbleed33
Why didnt he then when he fought him in WW Hulk?

Because battle field removal is a comic book forum tactic. Hardly ANYONE in the comics uses it as a way to defeat their opponent. Pak wanted Sentry to slug it out with Green Scar.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Because battle field removal is a comic book forum tactic. Hardly ANYONE in the comics uses it as a way to defeat their opponent. Pak wanted Sentry to slug it out with Green Scar. Bfr happens in comics all the time. If it were so easy Sentry wouldnt have been hiding indoors watching the world go to hell in a handbasket. It isnt as easy imo as you claim to bfr WW Hulk. Thats my point.

Metalmanx
Sentry wins this if he fights like someone with half a brain.

Hell, give me Sentry's powers and I could easily defeat Hulk.

janus77
Originally posted by Metalmanx

he already fought like someone with half-a-brain, isn't that the problem?

it's not easy fighting against Hulk, he cannot be hurt unless you really come in close and go at it. yet you cannot do that without getting hit by him, which makes it a very risky strategy.

Hulk's also thunderclapped the Avengers off their arses (and onto them too - in the case of IM and Thor), what makes Sentry so special?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Metalmanx

Hell, give me Sentry's powers and I could easily defeat Hulk. You do realize that when you fight someone it usually ends up being a punch and kick contest. The smarter guy doesnt always win.

skyfather
sentry would destroy hulk if they fought again.

bbrem123
Bfr happens in comics all the time. If it were so easy Sentry wouldnt have been hiding indoors watching the world go to hell in a handbasket. It isnt as easy imo as you claim to bfr WW Hulk. Thats my point.

he wasnt hiding indoors...the only reason he didnt go was because he was afraid of himself not the hulk

xmarksthespot
Grammar loses.

golem370
This is what would happen Sentry would toss Hulk into space unfortunately he lands on the moons leaps back and lands on Sentry with enough force to break Sentry body into eek!

quanchi112
Originally posted by bbrem123
he wasnt hiding indoors...the only reason he didnt go was because he was afraid of himself not the hulk Yeah and he went and went insane and used more of his powers than he ever had used before.

WW Hulk took everything he took and wasnt even at his most powerful and still won.

Nihilist
in a real non pis/cis rematch wouldnt sentry just thrown/fly hulk into the sun none

celestialdemon
Sentry wins this if he uses all of his powers.

The Pict
Bfr happens in comics all the time. If it were so easy Sentry wouldnt have been hiding indoors watching the world go to hell in a handbasket. It isnt as easy imo as you claim to bfr WW Hulk. Thats my point.

You read WWH, right? Sentry went there to fight him (or rather have a chat while getting his face bashed in) not to bfr him. Otherwise he would have just thrown him into space or something.

Originally posted by janus77

it's not easy fighting against Hulk, he cannot be hurt unless you really come in close and go at it. yet you cannot do that without getting hit by him, which makes it a very risky strategy.

He got hurt plenty in WWH, and plenty more over the years.

janus77
who other than Zom/Strange even managed to give him a fight?
I would think it to be some pain that accompanies an injury, say a broken leg or something... Sentry did jack. Zom/Strange was the only time in the whole arc that Hulk suffered.

nothing else has hurt him, Sentry's energies achieved nothing, were not even worthy of Hulk's notice. it was only the slugfest that gave Hulk something to occupy his time.

Nihilist
who other than Zom/Strange even managed to give him a fight?

juggernuat,ghost rider

King Kandy
Sentry wins easily. He is way, way to versatile and could just stand back and pwn Hulk with energy/TP and remain safe from harm.

The Pict

nothing else has hurt him,

He roared in pain when Kitty crippled his hands and when his eyes were clawed out, he was torn up by the army, had his face smashed into the ground by Juggernaut, was having his skin blasted off by Cyclops....

celestialdemon
Originally posted by The Pict
He roared in pain when Kitty crippled his hands and when his eyes were clawed out, he was torn up by the army, had his face smashed into the ground by Juggernaut, was having his skin blasted off by Cyclops....

Also screamed in pain when Elixir touched him, struggled to resist Ghost Rider's fireball attack, and was hurt several times by Sentry.

janus77
"struggled"?
he shrugged off Nova and Storm, so I think I'll have to see that again.

I'll check the scans on the kitty thing, I don't recall him being at all in pain... he was telling Beast that this wasn't their fight, as far as I recall.

Hulk walked into Cyke's blast and just wrapped his hand around Cyke's head, clearly he wasn't hurting from it.

Juggernaut did nothing at all, if you call that "hurt" then every time Hulk smacks Surfer he's hurting Surfer.

the army I'll give you, the adamantium bullets did look like they were having an effect, although he was fighting off Strange's attack on his mind at the time.

the claw/eye thing only happened after Elixer (?) managed to affect Hulk's healing factor (and even then, it was temporary) so not a fair representation of Hulk's general durability and resilience.

quanchi112
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Also screamed in pain when Elixir touched him, struggled to resist Ghost Rider's fireball attack, and was hurt several times by Sentry. Amazingly no one stopped him and he was holding back the entire story. He was only put down when he wanted to be put down.

quanchi112
You read WWH, right? Sentry went there to fight him (or rather have a chat while getting his face bashed in) not to bfr him. Otherwise he would have just thrown him into space or something.

He got hurt plenty in WWH, and plenty more over the years. Yes I read it. Sentry went there to stop him and actually used more power than he ever had used prior to this.

Show me a scan of someone just grabbing the Hulk and easily throwing him into space. Otherwise its just your opinion and isnt supportable by what the comic writers give us.

celestialdemon
Amazingly no one stopped him and he was holding back the entire story. He was only put down when he wanted to be put down.

Wasn't arguing against that. I was arguing with janus' statement that nothing else hurt him besides Zom/Strange. That obviously wasn't true.

quanchi112
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Wasn't arguing against that. I was arguing with janus' statement that nothing else hurt him besides Zom/Strange. That obviously wasn't true. Ok Ill give you that. Nothing that hurt him in this entire arc hurt him enough to defeat him. Fair enough?

The Pict

I'll check the scans on the kitty thing, I don't recall him being at all in pain... he was telling Beast that this wasn't their fight, as far as I recall.

the claw/eye thing only happened after Elixer (?) managed to affect Hulk's healing factor (and even then, it was temporary) so not a fair representation of Hulk's general durability and resilience.

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/3327/worldwarhulkxmen002009ax0.jpg

Looked like it hurt.

I think his HF was back on by the time his eyes were taken out the second time, I'n not entirely sure though. Still his HF doesn't exactly boost his durability, just repairs the damage.

The Pict
Yes I read it. Sentry went there to stop him and actually used more power than he ever had used prior to this.

Show me a scan of someone just grabbing the Hulk and easily throwing him into space. Otherwise its just your opinion and isnt supportable by what the comic writers give us.

That's not what I'm saying. You said that if it was easy to bfr Hulk Sentry wouldn't be hiding indoors, and I retorted that he never had any intentions of bfr 'inghim.

But if he put his mind to it he would be able to do it easy.

celestialdemon
Ok Ill give you that. Nothing that hurt him in this entire arc hurt him enough to defeat him. Fair enough?

That I agree with.

janus77
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/3327/worldwarhulkxmen002009ax0.jpg

Looked like it hurt.

I think his HF was back on by the time his eyes were taken out the second time, I'n not entirely sure though. Still his HF doesn't exactly boost his durability, just repairs the damage.
looked to me like he was just gee-ing himself up to bust out of the ground...

quanchi112
That's not what I'm saying. You said that if it was easy to bfr Hulk Sentry wouldn't be hiding indoors, and I retorted that he never had any intentions of bfr 'inghim.

But if he put his mind to it he would be able to do it easy. Yes sentry was indoors because he was afraid hed lose control which he did and WW Hulk still won.

Have any proof its easy to pick the Hulk up and bfr him?

janus77
didn't PreC-Superman attempt to grab ahold of Hulk and in the process get shrugged off into orbit?

The Pict
looked to me like he was just gee-ing himself up to bust out of the ground...

It's not. That was when it just happaned, he was still embedded in the concrete a panel or two later, when the X-Men were discussing on how to contain him and Kitty was display remorse at "crippling" somebody.

Yes sentry was indoors because he was afraid hed lose control which he did and WW Hulk still won.

Have any proof its easy to pick the Hulk up and bfr him?

Have you any proof he couldn't? Just because Sentry hasn't done it in their fight doesn't indicate it's impossible erm Remeber by KMC rules both participants will be going all out and that means Sentry will be going top speeds, he could bfr Hulk without Hulk even knowing what's going on.

He didn't lose control laughing out loud he was having a casual chat with Hulk

The Pict
didn't PreC-Superman attempt to grab ahold of Hulk and in the process get shrugged off into orbit?

Is that canon? Becauas Superman has put Hulk down before but it doesn't count as legitimate evidence.

janus77
Is that canon? Becauas Superman has put Hulk down before but it doesn't count as legitimate evidence.
it wasn't a serious argument, just making the point that Hulk's powerful enough and swift enough to fight someone who grabs him (case in point, slugging Sentry when Sentry bullrushed him the second time).

The Pict
it wasn't a serious argument, just making the point that Hulk's powerful enough and swift enough to fight someone who grabs him (case in point, slugging Sentry when Sentry bullrushed him the second time).

Sentry wasn't going that quick though.

janus77
It's not. That was when it just happaned, he was still embedded in the concrete a panel or two later, when the X-Men were discussing on how to contain him and Kitty was display remorse at "crippling" somebody.
it definitely looks more like anger than pain.
no matter Kitty's misgivings, she clearly severely under-estimated just what it would take to do anything beyond inconveniencing Hulk.

the X-men threw the "containment" idea out the window, iirc. Elixer was part of the plan to try and take Hulk down no?

janus77
Sentry wasn't going that quick though.
are you sure? the art depicted a bull rush similar to the one he did to initially catch Hulk out.

quanchi112

Have you any proof he couldn't? Just because Sentry hasn't done it in their fight doesn't indicate it's impossible erm Remeber by KMC rules both participants will be going all out and that means Sentry will be going top speeds, he could bfr Hulk without Hulk even knowing what's going on.

He didn't lose control laughing out loud he was having a casual chat with Hulk Well If Hulk was unconscious and not fighting back of course Sentry could bfr him into space.

But if no one has ever bfr'd him into space easily why do you claim its that easy?

Yes both participants are going all out but if something has never happened such as this before you cant assume the Sentry does it easily. You cant just make things up without any comic book proof.

The Pict
it definitely looks more like anger than pain.
no matter Kitty's misgivings, she clearly severely under-estimated just what it would take to do anything beyond inconveniencing Hulk.

the X-men threw the "containment" idea out the window, iirc. Elixer was part of the plan to try and take Hulk down no?

Too me it looks more like Pain than anger, WWH was always angry, he wasn't always screaming though.

No Elixir was inside the mansion healing the wounded at this point.

The Pict

But if no one has ever bfr'd him into space easily why do you claim its that easy?

Because Sentry didn't use his speed advantage at any point. As he will be going top speed in this fight he will be able to bfr Hulk easily because WWH was never shown to counter anyone moving that quickly. He a hard enought time tagging half the X-Men.

Yes both participants are going all out but if something has never happened such as this before you cant assume the Sentry does it easily. You cant just make things up without any comic book proof.

So just because Sentry hasn't done it in the comics he can't under any circumstances do it in a hypothetical fight, even though it's within his power to do so?
Poor argument.

The Pict
are you sure? the art depicted a bull rush similar to the one he did to initially catch Hulk out.

I'm very sure, he sees Sentry coming for two panels in fact. And he's talking at a normal pace to Reed and Tony.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1048/wwh012vj2.jpg

quanchi112
Because Sentry didn't use his speed advantage at any point. As he will be going top speed in this fight he will be able to bfr Hulk easily because WWH was never shown to counter anyone moving that quickly. He a hard enought time tagging half the X-Men.

So just because Sentry hasn't done it in the comics he can't under any circumstances do it in a hypothetical fight, even though it's within his power to do so?
Poor argument. Sentry was using his speed and flight to use momentum and his power against the Hulk.

Again if you have zero proof someone can bfr the Hulk into space thats a poor argument.

If you have proof of someone easily grabbing the Hulk and bfr him post it.

As it stands I have WW Hulk beating the same very character you keep telling me will do it. So again who has the poor argument when all the evidence supports me while all you have is your opinion and no actual comic book proof.

ultimatethor
A fight to the death, the sentry would lose but in a normal fight he wins via BFR.

janus77
looks quite the same, you should see the initial bullrush, Sentry comes steaming in over a few panels too.

and look, see the stream of golden light behind him and the speed lines?

that's definitely a bull rush at Hulk.

The Pict
Sentry was using his speed and flight to use momentum and his power against the Hulk.

Again if you have zero proof someone can bfr the Hulk into space thats a poor argument.

If you have proof of someone easily grabbing the Hulk and bfr him post it.

As it stands I have WW Hulk beating the same very character you keep telling me will do it. So again who has the poor argument when all the evidence supports me while all you have is your opinion and no actual comic book proof.

Under KMC Rules Sentry will be going at top speed, at WWH has never shown he can counter him. Can you prove that he can?
The evidence supports you? Don't make me laugh. I'm the only person producing any evidence, you're argument can be summed up as:"Sentry can't do that because he never has."

The Pict
looks quite the same, you should see the initial bullrush, Sentry comes steaming in over a few panels too.

and look, see the stream of golden light behind him and the speed lines?

that's definitely a bull rush at Hulk.

"Bull rush" means moving at lightpseed does it? Because the speed Sentry will be moving going by forum rules.
And as WWH wasn't talking at lightpseed and he see's Sentry coming it's proof Bob wasn't moving top speed.

But we're treading old ground here and moving in circles. Unless someone can prove that WWH can counter Sentry moving at lightpseed I see Sentry winning here, via Blitz or bfr.

quanchi112
Under KMC Rules Sentry will be going at top speed, at WWH has never shown he can counter him. Can you prove that he can?
The evidence supports you? Don't make me laugh. I'm the only person producing any evidence, you're argument can be summed up as:"Sentry can't do that because he never has." Uhm my argument is supported by their actual fights and Hulk's history. at no point in time under my recollection has anyone picked him up while he is conscious and taken him to outer space.

Lets say you and I are fighting. I have the Hulks powers and you have sentrys. You try and take me up into outerspace while Im resisting. Aint gonna happen.

Again kmc rules imo support someone who actually goes by what the comics give us and not come up with some sort of win based on a feat that has never taken place in a comic book.

janus77
"Bull rush" means moving at lightpseed does it? Because the speed Sentry will be moving going by forum rules.
And as WWH wasn't talking at lightpseed and he see's Sentry coming it's proof Bob wasn't moving top speed.

But we're treading old ground here and moving in circles. Unless someone can prove that WWH can counter Sentry moving at lightpseed I see Sentry winning here, via Blitz or bfr.
nope, means just making a fast (and fast being relative to the character doing it) grab/slam at the opponent.

Sentry was clearly doing that, did that with the first attack (was successful) and then with the follow up (wasn't successful).

you can speculate that Sentry could have gone at lightspeed, but then we don't actually know how fast Sentry can move over short distances, perhaps he needs to accelerate? perhaps he needs a thinner atmosphere and no drag to really hit top speed?

speed blitz would only piss Hulk off more, leading to Hulk unleashing energy attacks that would crack up the planet (way beyond Sentry's endurance levels).

The Pict
Uhm my argument is supported by their actual fights and Hulk's history. at no point in time under my recollection has anyone picked him up while he is conscious and taken him to outer space.

Lets say you and I are fighting. I have the Hulks powers and you have sentrys. You try and take me up into outerspace while Im resisting. Aint gonna happen.

Again kmc rules imo support someone who actually goes by what the comics give us and not come up with some sort of win based on no comic book evidence.

If he picked up Hulk to take him into outerspace he'd be bfr himself as well, bfr'ing him would mean grabbing Hulk at top speed and throwing him away from the battlefield.

If I had Sentry's powers I'd be moving so fast you wouldn't see me and therefore not be resisting, which will be what's happening here.

quanchi112
If he picked up Hulk to take him into outerspace he'd be bfr himself as well, bfr'ing him would mean grabbing Hulk at top speed and throwing him away from the battlefield.

If I had Sentry's powers I'd be moving so fast you wouldn't see me and therefore not be resisting, which will be what's happening here. Yes I know that.

But if the Hulk was resisting he wouldnt just let Sentry take him into space.

When Superman bfrd Darkseid to space he did it after Ds was weakened. Again if grabbed me Id hit you immediately. How hard is it to figure out that your trying to carry me off the planet?

D-Block
If Sentry was moving top speed could Hulk even react to it?

janus77
I think the problem here is that, in theory, someone who moves at lightspeed should be able to make a complex series of manoeuvres against an opponent who doesn't move have such speed.

however, because comics need drama, almost all big characters are shown - on-panel - to be capable of reacting in-time to such manoeuvres. the only time I can recall Hulk being too slow to react, is against Surfer. Surfer's also bull rushed Terrax.

The Pict
Yes I know that.

But if the Hulk was resisting he wouldnt just let Sentry take him into space.

When Superman bfrd Darkseid to space he did it after Ds was weakened. Again if grabbed me Id hit you immediately. How hard is it to figure out that your trying to carry me off the planet?

Are you reading my posts? Do I need to use caps and type them in bold?

CARRYING HULK AWAY WOULD RESULT IN SENTRY BFR'ING HIMSELF AS WELL SO HE WON'T BE CARRYING HULK ANYWHERE HE WILL BE THROWING/SHOVING/PUNCHING WWH AWAY FROM THE BATTLEFIELD

And at top speeds no less which you've still to show that WWH can counter.

I can see why you tried to disprove the bfr'ing argument earlier but I never said WWH was getting carried away anywhere.

janus77
Originally posted by D-Block
If Sentry was moving top speed could Hulk even react to it?
he shouldn't, but he would/is.
the only way to square it is to accept that Hulk's reaction speeds are similar to those of speedsters, even if his running speed isn't.

it sort of makes sense, seeing as he has to be moving his hands quite a good deal beyond mach-speeds to create the thunderclaps and to generate the power necessary for his stomps that are felt across continents etc...

The Pict
he shouldn't, but he would/is.
the only way to square it is to accept that Hulk's reaction speeds are similar to those of speedsters, even if his running speed isn't.

it sort of makes sense, seeing as he has to be moving his hands quite a good deal beyond mach-speeds to create the thunderclaps and to generate the power necessary for his stomps that are felt across continents etc...

He wouldn't react to Sentry's top speed, and never has. Like I said he's had trouble taggin characters who have no superspeed. So don't make things up.

quanchi112
Are you reading my posts? Do I need to use caps and type them in bold?

CARRYING HULK AWAY WOULD RESULT IN SENTRY BFR'ING HIMSELF AS WELL SO HE WON'T BE CARRYING HULK ANYWHERE HE WILL BE THROWING/SHOVING/PUNCHING WWH AWAY FROM THE BATTLEFIELD

And at top speeds no less which you've still to show that WWH can counter.

I can see why you tried to disprove the bfr'ing argument earlier but I never said WWH was getting carried away anywhere. So they are stuck in a small ring. In a sense its a ring out? Is this how the Sentry wins in your opinion?

Anyways how big is this battlefield? I didnt know it was this small please tell me how much room they have in this fight.

janus77
He wouldn't react to Sentry's top speed, and never has. Like I said he's had trouble taggin characters who have no superspeed. So don't make things up.
he's also caught characters that were going at superspeed and has impressed herald level characters with his reaction speeds - Jack of Hearts comes to mind.

I'm not making things up, I'm trying to rationalise what already is established - him tagging Surfer while Surfer was flying away, him grabbing Jack of Hearts etc etc.

King Hulk did react in time to Sentry's second attempt at bull rushing him. check your scan - it's the same speed trail and stuff as the initial one!

Knowsbleed33
Juggernaut was giving it to WWH. He landed 3 blows where Hulk only landed 1.

Sentry wins against the Hulk. Just because he didn't BFR him when they fought, doesn't mean he can't.

janus77
lol,
and 1 slap on the back to Juggernaut was enough to bfr him.

Sentry might win via bfr, but nothing else is working against King Hulk.

tkitna
For a guy who flew to Saturn in one panel, I dont think picking up a thousand pounds and flying him into orbit before he reacts is out of the realm of possibility. Actually, it should be pretty easy for the Sentry to do that.

The bull rushes in WWH were nowhere near as fast as the Sentry is.

horrorwolf
There's no doubt that WWH should take any typical toe to toe skirmish. Sentry has other capabilities that could surely give WWH a SEVERE headache....but nothing capable of truly keeping him down whatsoever.

OneDumbG0
KMC posters love the idea of BFR for fliers vs bricks. But I've seen it work in comics like... never. Superman vs. DOS Doomsday? Nope. Gladiator vs. Professor Hulk? Nope. Superman vs. Konvikt? Nope. I may be wrong, but the only one time I can remember BFR working between a flier and a brick was an old 'Starbrand' comic and Silver Surfer vs. depowered Terrax...

erm

quanchi112
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
KMC posters love the idea of BFR for fliers vs bricks. But I've seen it work in comics like... never. Superman vs. DOS Doomsday? Nope. Gladiator vs. Professor Hulk? Nope. Superman vs. Konvikt? Nope. I may be wrong, but the only one time I can remember BFR working between a flier and a brick was an old 'Starbrand' comic and Silver Surfer vs. depowered Terrax...

erm Agreed. Theres no evidence in the actual comics to support their claims either.

King Kandy
BFR is never used in comics, you know why? Fight scenes with BFR are LAME. Who the hell would read WWH if at the end he just got tossed into space? It's the ultimate anticlimactic end. But really there's no reason it wouldn't work on the forum.

Knowsbleed33
Thread starter didn't say there were rules to how either could win. BFR allows Sentry to end the fight quickly.

bbrem123
to be honest i wouldnt doubt if sentry where to blast hulk with his power then engage in h2h then he could take him out

Knowsbleed33
A wins a win. I notice alot of people on here that are against BFR who are on the other thread advocating BFRing Juggernaut. Stay consistant.

Mr. Slippyfist
Whenever BFR is used on the forum, it's assumed that the character who's doing it on the forum, has done it before in comics.

Sentry has never done it in comics to my recollection besides Void, and that was to get rid of him forever.

Also, Sentry fought a Hulk that was still healing from his mid section being blown out by Strange, and Sentry also got the drop on him to start the battle. With Hulk being in perfect condition, and them starting the battle of facing each other... things are a little different to say the least.

llagrok
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Whenever BFR is used on the forum, it's assumed that the character who's doing it on the forum, has done it before in comics.

Sentry has never done it in comics to my recollection besides Void, and that was to get rid of him forever.

Also, Sentry fought a Hulk that was still healing from his mid section being blown out by Strange, and Sentry also got the drop on him to start the battle. With Hulk being in perfect condition, and them starting the battle of facing each other... things are a little different to say the least.

If I'm not mistaken, Hulk threw the first punch and Sentry stopped it with his face.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by llagrok
If I'm not mistaken, Hulk threw the first punch and Sentry stopped it with his face. You are.

Sentry tackled Hulk through a bunch of shit, and then punched him through a bunch of buildings, and then he charged at Hulk's fist to cancel it out.

llagrok
You are.

Sentry tackled Hulk through a bunch of shit, and then punched him through a bunch of buildings, and then he charged at Hulk's fist to cancel it out.

Oh yeah.

Fail Reynolds.

Apolloknight
Greatest Title ever.....

quanchi112
Originally posted by King Kandy
BFR is never used in comics, you know why? Fight scenes with BFR are LAME. Who the hell would read WWH if at the end he just got tossed into space? It's the ultimate anticlimactic end. But really there's no reason it wouldn't work on the forum. Bfr is used in comics. WW Hulk bfr'd Juggernaut did he not?

If no one in the many appearances by the Hulk has bfr'd him in this manner its not an easy thing to do if at all even possible by someone like Sentry imo.

janus77
Hulk has been responsible for more BFRs than anyone I know of.

Pre-C Superman - straight into orbit
Foom - straight to the moon
Juggernaut - straight back to the ditch he crawled out of
Monet - statewide

so really, shouldn't we be considering the likelihood that Hulk would hit a speeding Sentry with a well placed fist to Baltimore or something?

Apolloknight
Hulk has been responsible for more BFRs than anyone I know of.

Pre-C Superman - straight into orbit
Foom - straight to the moon
Juggernaut - straight back to the ditch he crawled out of
Monet - statewide

so really, shouldn't we be considering the likelihood that Hulk would hit a speeding Sentry with a well placed fist to Baltimore or something?

Good point.

Its a good thing by the time hulk realizes the bell has rung he'll be halfway to the moon. smile

janus77
yes but it won't matter as he'd still have half of Sentry's face smeared across his fist - a result of Sentry's bull rush smile.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Apolloknight
Good point.

Its a good thing by the time hulk realizes the bell has rung he'll be halfway to the moon. smile Care to support your claim by any comic book scans?

bbrem123
im confused y cant taking the void to the sun be an example???/

or even taking carnage into orbit?

hulk would have not time to react

Mr. Slippyfist

hulk would have not time to react Because he's absolutely gay for Void.

Ya, he took Carnage into space... but in the end, that mattered about as much as the color of Sentry's teeth.

Plus, in both of those he's holding onto them... Hulk is a slippery fella.

bbrem123
Because he's absolutely gay for Void.

Ya, he took Carnage into space... but in the end, that mattered about as much as the color of Sentry's teeth.

Plus, in both of those he's holding onto them... Hulk is a slippery fella.

thats not a very good argument, in no way did u disprove my my examples

Mr. Slippyfist
thats not a very good argument, in no way did u disprove my my examples There was an argument?

bbrem123
There was an argument?

u talked about them being gay together and the carnage incident matter as much as the color of his teeth...that doesnt even make any sense

starlock
WWH again for the win

ultimatethor
In WWH, the whole point was to finally "fix" the problem of hulk. BFR would have bin an easy option for many of those hulk fought but the problem was that the heroes in WWH were trying to avoid BFR as the initial BFRing of hulk only led to him coming back stronger than he left. The illuminati thus felt that the burden was on them to" properly deal with hulk" this time around. Dr strange is a prime example of this and this feeling is also seen in the statements of General ross.

That and the fact that BFR would have cheapened final fight between hulk and sentry. ON a forum howver BFR is a very valid option for the sentry.

quanchi112

hulk would have not time to react Is Void equal to or greater than the WW Hulk? Is carnage equal or greater than WW Hulk?

bbrem123
Is Void equal to or greater than the WW Hulk? Is carnage equal or greater than WW Hulk?

if the void equal to sentry then he can be compared to wwh...and it doesnt matter about who it is when they dont have time to even kno what is happening

bbrem123
if sentry and hulk where to fight again it would go anything like there previous fight...pak even said himself that hulk was the focus of the whole series and he fought for the ending that happened...which is why i think they made sentry act like a crazy person and do the things he did....just so there is room to say that he was not all there and fighting at his best

bbrem123
he is an energy projector y would he go hand to hand with the strongest physical character in marvel

if he were to use his energy i would think he could ko the hulk

ultimatethor
he is an energy projector y would he go hand to hand with the strongest physical character in marvel

if he were to use his energy i would think he could ko the hulk

Sentry did use is enrgy in that fight. HE was pumping out enrgy throughout. He exhausted that enrgy without KOing the hulk.

bbrem123
Originally posted by ultimatethor
Sentry did use is enrgy in that fight. HE was pumping out enrgy throughout. He exhausted that enrgy without KOing the hulk.

yea he was pumping it out but never once did he blast him directly ...he was just trying to release alot of his energy

quanchi112
if the void equal to sentry then he can be compared to wwh...and it doesnt matter about who it is when they dont have time to even kno what is happening The void is Sentry so how is it comparable and some think its symbolic so this imo isnt exactly the same thing by any stretch.

bbrem123
its obvious hulk can not be killed but he can be KOed

quanchi112
Sentry did use is enrgy in that fight. HE was pumping out enrgy throughout. He exhausted that enrgy without KOing the hulk. Add that he didnt even fight WW Hulk at his most powerful and that still was enough to exhaust sentry.

bbrem123
The void is Sentry so how is it comparable and some think its symbolic so this imo isnt exactly the same thing by any stretch.

it doesnt matter if it is symbolic he flew him to the sun in a few panels...hulk wouldnt know what was happening to him if that happened

it doesnt matter how strong the hulk is, if he doesnt kno what is happening to him

bbrem123
Add that he didnt even fight WW Hulk at his most powerful and that still was enough to exhaust sentry.

u have no proof the he wasnt at his strongest...just because he was uncontrolled doesnt make him stronger then before...

quanchi112
it doesnt matter if it is symbolic he flew him to the sun in a few panels...hulk wouldnt know what was happening to him if that happened

it doesnt matter how strong the hulk is, if he doesnt kno what is happening to him It could be symbolic though and it depends on your interpretation which isnt the same as everyones is my point.

Anyways how can you avoid they are the same person and maybe the good side over rode the evil side which seems to me to be a pretty logical conclusion when tackling this confusing series of events.

bbrem123
It could be symbolic though and it depends on your interpretation which isnt the same as everyones is my point.

Anyways how can you avoid they are the same person and maybe the good side over rode the evil side which seems to me to be a pretty logical conclusion when tackling this confusing series of events.

i really dont care on ur opinion on what the void was and how it was symbolic...im trying to get u to notice the speed he was goin in order to fly to the sun that quick...hulk cant react in time to do anything about it

ultimatethor
u have no proof the he wasnt at his strongest...just because he was uncontrolled doesnt make him stronger then before...

This is just plainly NOT TRUE. The hulk at the end of WWH was unable to control his strength BECAUSE it had grown to ultra high levels. Hence the reason his footstep devaststed the eastcoast and he was relaeasing huge amounts of enrgy. All this is verified by the fact that the Hulk was at his angriest at the end of the comic and hence must have bin at his strongest. Howvwer the probelm was that he could not now control his huge strength and anger levels.

bbrem123
This is just plainly NOT TRUE. The hulk at the end of WWH was unable to control his strength BECAUSE it had grown to ultra high levels. Hence the reason his footstep devaststed the eastcoast and he was relaeasing huge amounts of enrgy. All this is verified by the fact that the Hulk was at his angriest at the end of the comic and hence must have bin at his strongest. Howvwer the probelm was that he could not now control his huge strength and anger levels.

im not believing that...i admit he was angry but it was emotional due to the incidents that happened...which made him go crazy

different emotions make him react differently mentally...i dont recalled it ever saying he was at his strongest, i could have missed it tho

quanchi112
i really dont care on ur opinion on what the void was and how it was symbolic...im trying to get u to notice the speed he was goin in order to fly to the sun that quick...hulk cant react in time to do anything about it Uhm but your interpretation isnt fact is the point Im trying to get across to you. Your acting as if its factual which it isnt.

Again you have no other character equal to WW Hulk that he bfr'd as easily. The void is a part of him so of course its different. Heck it could even be symbolic.

bbrem123
y could this not happen?

hes strong enough to hold the hulk...so he can carry him away

quanchi112
y could this not happen?

hes strong enough to hold the hulk...so he can carry him away But where are you getting this from? In the actual story Sentry released more power than he ever had previously and burned himself out.

Again you claiming he can bfr him to the sun holds no weight whatsoever imo. Now lets drop it as neither one of us is going to change their position.

bbrem123
quanchi i dont think we r gonna get anywhere on this topic with eachother lol

quanchi112
quanchi i dont think we r gonna get anywhere on this topic with eachother lol Agreed. stick out tongue

Im trying this approach now as I seem to get in trouble when I dont drop things. Its the new quan. wink

ultimatethor
im not believing that...i admit he was angry but it was emotional due to the incidents that happened...which made him go crazy

different emotions make him react differently mentally...i dont recalled it ever saying he was at his strongest, i could have missed it tho

The hulk HAS NEVER simply lost control of his powers because of him being sad or down trodden emotionally. The only time i can recall the hulks emotional state being tampered with was when jean tampered with him during the Onslaught saga and that made him evn stronger.

I dont know where your getting this ur different emotions thing bcuz what other emotion did the hulk have in that situation aside anger/hate?
Frankly when has the hulk ever lost control of himself and gone crazy for any reason other than very high anger levels? It is plain as day that the hulk was at his angriest at the end of the story because of mieks statement. Im really confused when u say it was "emotional".

bbrem123
Agreed. stick out tongue

Im trying this approach now as I seem to get in trouble when I dont drop things. Its the new quan. wink

not a bad idea, i think ill do that for now on lol

quanchi112
not a bad idea, i think ill do that for now on lol Yeah there comes a certain unavoidable point when its just a matter of opinion. Its then that it sometimes get personal with posters and they keep restating the same things over and over. Feel me?

If you want to talk trash while you post come over to herochat. Much different over there and its accepted.

King Kandy
Can I ask a question? Why do people think BFR won't work? The following seems like obvious truth:

A. Sentry is fast enough to fly to Saturn in an instant.

B. Sentry is strong enough to throw people into orbit.

C. Given A. and B., he has the necessary abilities to BFR Hulk.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by King Kandy
Can I ask a question? Why do people think BFR won't work? The following seems like obvious truth:

A. Sentry is fast enough to fly to Saturn in an instant.

B. Sentry is strong enough to throw people into orbit.

C. Given A. and B., he has the necessary abilities to BFR Hulk.

Because HULK SMASH! durhulk

bbrem123
how powerful were the satellites that hit hulk?

cuz i would think the sentry power output would be much greater then them

quanchi112
how powerful were the satellites that hit hulk?

cuz i would think the sentry power output would be much greater then them Satellites were a plot device and nothing more imo.

Terryc250
If Sentry fights like he usually does (shoots them off to space) then he can win, and if not, Hulk will be stuck in outerspace lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.