Nightwing vs cyclops

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fat_monkey
who will win in a fight between nightwing or cyclops.

fat_monkey
first off i think nightwing will win by far. because he was trained by batman. Not only can batman beat superman he can beat the rest of the justice league as well. Nightwing has fought against amazo and he kicked his butt. now amazo has the powers of 7 of the justice league people and nightwing beat him simply by jumping out of the way of his heat vision and stapping him in both ears and then batman just finished him off. now if nightwing can do that to amazo he will have no problem with cyclops and neither would batman.

Maistro
You need Wolverine-like reflexes ( which is above PEAK HUMAN ) to dodge Cyclops's optic blasts/beams so im sure he will tag Nightwing once of twice which is all he will need to put him down

Metalmanx
Cyke FTW.

Juk3n
Love Nightwing, but Cyke has an edge here, and being the leader that he is he will use it wisely, he wins the majority.

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by fat_monkey
first off i think nightwing will win by far. because he was trained by batman. Not only can batman beat superman he can beat the rest of the justice league as well. Nightwing has fought against amazo and he kicked his butt. now amazo has the powers of 7 of the justice league people and nightwing beat him simply by jumping out of the way of his heat vision and stapping him in both ears and then batman just finished him off. now if nightwing can do that to amazo he will have no problem with cyclops and neither would batman.

lmao.

Originally posted by Juk3n
Love Nightwing, but Cyke has an edge here, and being the leader that he is he will use it wisely, he wins the majority.

I agree Cyclops will win but how does leadership help in a 1on1 fight?

Endrict Nuul

laughing

Endrict Nuul
Cyke blasts NW to Hell.

Juk3n
Originally posted by #1110
I agree Cyclops will win but how does leadership help in a 1on1 fight?

means he has the tactical wise mind to use his advantage to its fullest extent

Raoul

no expression

but i think this has been done already, i'll have to check...

if cyclops has any sort of considerable distance between him and nightwing at the start of the fight, then he takes it, imo...

Boy Blue
Cyclops in a stomp.

He's got superior tactical abilities, mental math and accuracy that will account for Nightwing's agility, and ranged powers that go far and beyond anything offensive that NW can offer.

occultdestroyer
Cyclops in an OmniverseS-destroying reality-manipulating curbstomp

Grinning Goku

Dear God...

carnage52
first off i think nightwing will win by far. because he was trained by batman. Not only can batman beat superman he can beat the rest of the justice league as well. Nightwing has fought against amazo and he kicked his butt. now amazo has the powers of 7 of the justice league people and nightwing beat him simply by jumping out of the way of his heat vision and stapping him in both ears and then batman just finished him off. now if nightwing can do that to amazo he will have no problem with cyclops and neither would batman. you remind me of me when i first started out.....ahhhh memories.anyone else rember what i used to be like?

The Pict
Cyclops

Superherovandal
Originally posted by Boy Blue
Cyclops in a stomp.

He's got superior tactical abilities, mental math and accuracy that will account for Nightwing's agility, and ranged powers that go far and beyond anything offensive that NW can offer. I might find that hard to believe that he's got superior tactical abilities. Nightwing has led the Titans and even the JLA during rock of the ages. theres a reason Nightwing's known as the best leader in DC earth.

brainchild81
He is(aren't really any ultra-great leaders in DC besides NW though). He may someday be as good as Cyke or Cap. Someday.

BTW, Cyclops shoots the shit outta NW.

The ability to lead a team does not help in a 1on1 situation. I don't understand why people bring up his leadership in vs threads.

But yeah, optic blast to the sternum ftw.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by brainchild81
He is(aren't really any ultra-great leaders in DC besides NW though). He may someday be as good as Cyke or Cap. Someday.

BTW, Cyclops shoots the shit outta NW. then screams "i got a no-scope" then proceeds to tea bag nightwing's disembodied head.

TricksterPriest
Minus powers, I'd give Dick a strong majority.

With the powers, Cyke can take him every time if he cuts loose.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by carnage52
you remind me of me when i first started out.....ahhhh memories.anyone else rember what i used to be like?
Did you change?
Cause I don't see no changes.

carnage52
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Did you change?
Cause I don't see no changes. well that was a kick in the nads.

fat_monkey
Nightwing could kick cyclops ass with ease. first off cyclops cant really fight he sends some stupid optic blast out of his eyes thats it nothing more nothing less. he cant even control his stupid power. he sux as a leader a character and just genrally sux. nightwing jst throws a couple of his gadgets distract him come in for a close combat and wipes the floor with cykes. cykes isnt even kewl i cant see why you guys make such a big deal about him anyway

Juk3n
Nightwing could kick cyclops ass with ease. first off cyclops cant really fight he sends some stupid optic blast out of his eyes thats it nothing more nothing less. he cant even control his stupid power. he sux as a leader a character and just genrally sux. nightwing jst throws a couple of his gadgets distract him come in for a close combat and wipes the floor with cykes. cykes isnt even kewl i cant see why you guys make such a big deal about him anyway

Go read some X-men and it shall all become clear, "he just sux" shows uber ignorance on your part, research, maybe visit a respect thread and you'd find out EXACTLY why he doesn't infact "sux".

Now GTF off my internetz with your marvel hating ways!

shiv
Both Combatants have range and accuracy.

I give the win to Nightwing.

He will vault into the the open air tagging Summers with a projectile weapon as surely as Cyclops will raze the ground on which he stands the moment the fight starts.

Juk3n
Originally posted by shiv
Both Combatants have range and accuracy.

I give the win to Nightwing.

He will vault into the the open air tagging Summers with a projectile weapon as surely as Cyclops will raze the ground on which he stands the moment the fight starts.

And why would he shoot the ground..when he can just shoot Nightwing? You make it sound like Cyke has never hit a moving target, and last time i checked..Nightwing wasn't SUPERhumanly fast :/

Eternal Idol
This is just retarded.

Cyclops would make Nightwing his obsequious little *****.

first off i think nightwing will win by far. because he was trained by batman.

Not only can batman beat superman he can beat the rest of the justice league as well.
The only reason he can is because many of them have easily exploited weaknesses. Even then, he is still hardpressed to pull off a win.
Nightwing has fought against amazo and he kicked his butt. now amazo has the powers of 7 of the justice league people and nightwing beat him simply by jumping out of the way of his heat vision and stapping him in both ears and then batman just finished him off.
Sounds like PIS.
now if nightwing can do that to amazo he will have no problem with cyclops and neither would batman.
If Nightwing did that to Amazo, Cyclops would have no problem with Amazo either.

Phantom Zone
NW doesnt stand a chance even if he manges to dodge the first blast and get in close Cyclops is not bad at h2h either. All Cyclops needs to do is combine his h2h with blasts and its over.

Harbinger

http://i37.tinypic.com/sgtmcj.gif

Blair Wind
I like Nightwing as much as the next guy (and whoever said Cyclops' leadership skills would help him, I consider NW to be the BEST leader in DC, bar none.), but if Cyclops let loose? Sorry Nightwing sad

For the proof on that just look at this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/howdysaysthedrow/X-Men/Blast1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/howdysaysthedrow/X-Men/Blast2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/howdysaysthedrow/X-Men/Blast3.jpg

no expression Thats all she wrote folks.

Juk3n
^ One of my favourite Cyke scenes "Off my Lawn" mode ftw

Jugglenaut
Uh, Spiderman doesn't have good odds of dodging a 'GET OFF MY LAWN' blast, so why the hell would Nightwing have a chance if Scott ever went all out?

shiv
In astonishing the sentinel is standing full height on the lawn Cyke extends his beam FROM the ground to the full Height of the sentinel.

Cyke would do the same thing to Nightwing extend a direct optic blast to nail his quarry from the ground on which he stands to the top of his head

Nightwing likes height and one of his favored moves is the spinning leap up and over an enemy at a rate faster than the eye or camera can follow to appear behind his opponent and neutralise him with a fist to the face.

Juk3n
In astonishing the sentinel is standing full height on the lawn Cyke extends his beam FROM the ground to the full Height of the sentinel.

Cyke would do the same thing to Nightwing extend a direct optic blast to nail his quarry from the ground UP? on which he stands to the top of his head

Nightwing likes height and one of his favored moves is the spinning leap up and over an enemy at a rate faster than the eye or camera can follow to appear behind his opponent and neutralise him with a fist to the face.

again..in this forum battle.why wouldn't Cyke just shoot NW instead of shooting from the ground, the sentinal is not a speedy machine, so Cyke could afford to shoot from the ground up. He will know NW is an agile 'son of a gun' so he will aim AT him. This really shouldnt be a dispute on a forum battle, Cyke can shoot at him and so..HE WILL!

Darth Martin
We pretty much all know H2H Nightwing is on another level but why would Cyke go H2H. He has one of the best range attacks in comics. Plus he's insanely accurate with i as well. I think it's fair to say that Cyclops may be the better tactitian. Leader? Now that's hard to say after all Dick has led both Outsiders and the Teen Titans. Cyclops is no top-tier MA but he is no slouch either. Cyclops 8-9/10.

shiv
In Character Cyclops aims at his opponents with unerring accuracy.

This is an obvious strength. Against Nightwing this becomes a weakness. Cyclops's accurate attack will slam into empty real estate.

It is out of character for Cyclops to start every fight opening his eyes to the full extent of his peripheral vision.

Even bloodlusted Cyke doesn't just cut loose like that. tactical nous prevents Scott from starting fights in a beserker rage. even when bloodlusted he acts to controll a situation first
In the get off the lawn feat there are a lot of panels in the issue before he goes beserker.

Juk3n
In Character Cyclops aims at his opponents with unerring accuracy.

This is an obvious strength. Against Nightwing this becomes a weakness. Cyclops's accurate attack will slam into empty real estate.

It is out of character for Cyclops to start every fight opening his eyes to the full extent of his peripheral vision.

Even bloodlusted Cyke doesn't just cut loose like that. tactical nous prevents Scott from starting fights in a beserker rage. even when bloodlusted he acts to controll a situation first
In the get off the lawn feat there are a lot of panels in the issue before he goes beserker.

okay now you're making progress..and i agree totally, Cyke would stay calm, and pick the very human speedy Nightwing off from a distance with some well placed optic blasts, remaining totally calm and rational, and if you want to argue that Cyke cannot hit a regular human with no physical enhancements in reflexes or agility then..meh, im out, nightwing is just a man, Cyke needs one blast to impair NW's movement speed, 2 blasts to hinder severley and (even if hes not lusted) 1 chest or headshot to end it.

All WELL within Cyke's capabilities.

Darth Martin
okay now you're making progress..and i agree totally, Cyke would stay calm, and pick the very human speedy Nightwing off from a distance with some well placed optic blasts, remaining totally calm and rational, and if you want to argue that Cyke cannot hit a regular human with no physical enhancements in reflexes or agility then..meh, im out, nightwing is just a man, Cyke needs one blast to impair NW's movement speed, 2 blasts to hinder severley and (even if hes not lusted) 1 chest or headshot to end it.

All WELL within Cyke's capabilities. Bingo. Although Nightwing smoke pellets and other various gases will help him majorly here. Sonics anyone? Batarangs will get swatted out of the air like flies.

psycho gundam
nightwing gets the F*** off cyke's lawn.

shiv
Cyke would stay calm, and pick the very human speedy Nightwing off from a distance with some well placed optic blasts,
and if you want to argue that Cyke cannot hit a regular human with no physical enhancements in reflexes or agility then..meh, im out, nightwing is just a man,

If the distance between them is the lenghth of two boxing rings or less Nightwing wins.

You made reference to normal, regular speedy human.

Nightwing was conceived and trained from birth to succeed the Flying Graysons. who were far from regular.

Juk3n
If the distance between them is the lenghth of two boxing rings or less Nightwing wins.

You made reference to normal, regular speedy human.

Nightwing was conceived and trained from birth to succeed the Flying Graysons. who were far from regular.

He's peak, thats it. not enhanced not faster than Cyke can track in a 1 on 1 fight in an open space, personally i think it's ludicrous to suggest Cyke cant hit a human sized target , who hasnt even got enhanced agility or reflexes for a man, there is a limit to how fast NW can move..

it is just in my humble opinion that Cyke can shot faster than that limit..

Last time I checked, Nightwing was not faster than Quicksilver or Northstar -- both of whom Cyclops has hit while they were blitzing. The Northstar tag was also a headshot.

Nightwing stands no chance.

Grinning Goku
Scott blasts Dick in half.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Scott blasts Dick in half.
pinch

TricksterPriest
Nightwing can't take Cyke's optic blasts. Now, minus powers, Dick is a far superior fighter and much more agile.

Eternal Idol
I agree, but lucky for Cyclops, this isn't strictly hand-to-hand. Cyclops demolishes Nightwing in this given scenario.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.