X-Men vs. Super Skrull

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Boy Blue
Wolverine
Nightcrawler
Colossus
Cyclops
Beast

vs.

Super Skrull

They fight in the wreckage of the X-Mansion.

Everybody is in character... no attacks from SS that we've never seen before.

Nihilist
ss

Boy Blue
Originally posted by Nihilist
ss I disagree

fangirl101
Super Skrull would kill them all.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Boy Blue
I disagree
ok.
imo ss has a great combination of speed,power alongside his shield capabilitys and durabitlity to win this.

Boy Blue
ok.
imo ss has a great combination of speed,power alongside his shield capabilitys and durabitlity to win this. The X team has strength in numbers, backed by awesome coordination/teamwork, and the homefield advantage.

SS is a fighter, and will either go for Johnny or Thing's powers first... which means Scott gets the first shots off.

Wolverine or Colossus can turn this into a brawl while the others provide range, while Kurt and Hank are back up, retrieval and distractions. I doubt, with Scott, Logan and Piotr targeting him, that SS is going to be able to tag either of the furry blue mutants.

And in order to put Colossus down, he'd have to put all the others down and then take it to a brawl, one on one.

Nihilist
The X team has strength in numbers, backed by awesome coordination/teamwork, and the homefield advantage.

SS is a fighter, and will either go for Johnny or Thing's powers first... which means Scott gets the first shots off.

Wolverine or Colossus can turn this into a brawl while the others provide range, while Kurt and Hank are back up, retrieval and distractions. I doubt, with Scott, Logan and Piotr targeting him, that SS is going to be able to tag either of the furry blue mutants.

And in order to put Colossus down, he'd have to put all the others down and then take it to a brawl, one on one.
what if ss starts in the air???only knightcrawler could get to him and could he get through his sheilds.either that or he goes supernova, ss aint got any problems with collateral damage.

Juk3n
The Xmen all get there organs melted, i dont wanna here Cyke blasts yada yada - human durability = fail..BIG time, NC plays it smart and stays out of range and Colossus?? What temperatures can he witstand?

Torch with Things durability soloes them, and so will SS imo

Boy Blue
what if ss starts in the air???only knightcrawler could get to him and could he get through his sheilds.either that or he goes supernova, ss aint got any problems with collateral damage. If he's in the air, Scott could still tag him, Colossus and Wolverine could do a fastball special, and Kurt can teleport anyone up there.

SS'd be too focussed on the brawl at hand and on those tagging him from range to go nova, I think. But that's a fair point. mmm

darthgoober
Wolverine
Nightcrawler
Colossus
Cyclops
Beast

vs.

Super Skrull

They fight in the wreckage of the X-Mansion.

Everybody is in character... no attacks from SS that we've never seen before.
Unless SS fights like a complete moron he should win this. Reed's powers would allow him to shrug off everything the team has with the possible exception of Cyclops's optic blast and that's easily countered by IW's forcefields. And SS's antimatter blast should capable of one shotting pretty much everyone on the field except maybe Colossus.

Boy Blue
Originally posted by darthgoober
Unless SS fights like a complete moron he should win this. Reed's powers would allow him to shrug off everything the team has with the possible exception of Cyclops's optic blast and that's easily countered by IW's forcefields. And SS's antimatter blast should capable of one shotting pretty much everyone on the field except maybe Colossus. Reed needs to actively keep moving his body to maintain his rubbery durability, which I haven't seen SS do.

When was the last time we saw SS use an antimatter blast? He's not one that holds back, and yet I didn't see him use it throughout Annihilation.

fangirl101
Reed needs to actively keep moving his body to maintain his rubbery durability, which I haven't seen SS do.

When was the last time we saw SS use an antimatter blast? He's not one that holds back, and yet I didn't see him use it throughout Annihilation. IW could beat this team you named by herself. Skrull has her powers, things, reeds, and johnny's, plus HIS OWN. He's High herald level seriously. He could turn invis and own them all. Or shape change and fool them into not knowing who as who. Or kill them all in a nova blast.

Boy Blue
Originally posted by fangirl101
IW could beat this team you named by herself. Lulz.

Also, SS isn't high herald level.

darthgoober
Reed needs to actively keep moving his body to maintain his rubbery durability, which I haven't seen SS do.

When was the last time we saw SS use an antimatter blast? He's not one that holds back, and yet I didn't see him use it throughout Annihilation.
Why does Reed have to keep moving to stay rubbery? I seem to remember him wrapping up Wolverine and resisting his claws while staying pretty stationary(when the New FF was hunting the Human Torch I believe).

And his Anti-Matter blast is often forgotten(I probably wouldn't know about it if I hadn't made the respect thread) but it's still a part of his arsenal. I have no problem admitting that he's not likely to use it right out of the gate, but if they somehow manage to get him on the ropes I don't see why he wouldn't. And with SS's history of taking shots from Thor and Surfer, I find it hard to believe that this particular X-Men lineup could put him down before he decided to use it.

Boy Blue
Why does Reed have to keep moving to stay rubbery? I seem to remember him wrapping up Wolverine and resisting his claws while staying pretty stationary(when the New FF was hunting the Human Torch I believe). He has to continuously shift his form, even if he's visually staying in place. It's why he can be KTFO'd by an attack he doesn't see coming.

And his Anti-Matter blast is often forgotten(I probably wouldn't know about it if I hadn't made the respect thread) but it's still a part of his arsenal. I have no problem admitting that he's not likely to use it right out of the gate, but if they somehow manage to get him on the ropes I don't see why he wouldn't. And with SS's history of taking shots from Thor and Surfer, I find it hard to believe that this particular X-Men lineup could put him down before he decided to use it. I see his anti-matter blast being similar to Jubilee's telepathic immunity/resistance... a cool power given to them in their conception, and then unofficially retconned out of their powerset when later writers wanted to stick to the core powers, and not deviate.

But seeing as I still believe that Scott's gonna tag him from the get go and that Kurt/Logan/Piotr can make up the distance when he's knocked back, and splitting SS's attention between brawl and range, that he won't have time to explore esoteric abilities.

He'll resort to his main fighting method, which loses to a well coordinated team like this.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Juk3n
The Xmen all get there organs melted, i dont wanna here Cyke blasts yada yada - human durability = fail..BIG time, NC plays it smart and stays out of range and Colossus?? What temperatures can he witstand?

Torch with Things durability soloes them, and so will SS imo

In theory he would start melting at 9000 degrees F. However, he's never been put to the test, so one must wonder (especially with his increasing durability over the years) if he could possibly even withstand that to far greater temperatures. Eh.

xmarksthespot
Jubilee is telepathy resistant? blink

fangirl101
He has to continuously shift his form, even if he's visually staying in place. It's why he can be KTFO'd by an attack he doesn't see coming.

I see his anti-matter blast being similar to Jubilee's telepathic immunity/resistance... a cool power given to them in their conception, and then unofficially retconned out of their powerset when later writers wanted to stick to the core powers, and not deviate.

But seeing as I still believe that Scott's gonna tag him from the get go and that Kurt/Logan/Piotr can make up the distance when he's knocked back, and splitting SS's attention between brawl and range, that he won't have time to explore esoteric abilities.

He'll resort to his main fighting method, which loses to a well coordinated team like this.

This team all can die to bubbles to the brains. Or He deflects Cykes blast into the others. SS is far to powerful and versatile to lose to this team.

Boy Blue
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Jubilee is telepathy resistant? blink She was at first. Something about fireworks in the brain.. haermm

But, srsly, I learned this from Cresh some time ago, who said that he wouldn't use it in a debate due to its forgotten-ness.

Boy Blue
This team all can die to bubbles to the brains. Or He deflects Cykes blast into the others. SS is far to powerful and versatile to lose to this team. I've never seen SS go for bubbles in the brain before. Have you?

And I've also rarely, if ever seen him make a full bubble shield, rather than simply a partial bubble... which means taking the time to deflect Cyke's beam would result in Logan clawing into his back.

fangirl101
I've never seen SS go for bubbles in the brain before. Have you?

And I've also rarely, if ever seen him make a full bubble shield, rather than simply a partial bubble... which means taking the time to deflect Cyke's beam would result in Logan clawing into his back.

And Logan Clawing the back of someone with things Durability, and reed's durability, with johnny's heat, and the skrulls own abbility to heal themselves with shape shifting does what exactly?

Boy Blue
And Logan Clawing the back of someone with things Durability, and reed's durability, with johnny's heat, and the skrulls own abbility to heal themselves with shape shifting does what exactly? Logan's clawed through Thing before, and you're trying to assume that Skrull is going to use Thing's, Johnny's, Sue's, Reed's and his own skrull powers at the same time... which he has never, as far as I know, done before. You're lucky to catch three at one time, and those three would have to be covering his entire body for that example to work.

Plus, I've already addressed Reed's durability, which I have yet to see a reply to, and if nothing else, it would be ample detraction for Skrull to then get bashed in by Cyclops or Colossus.

fangirl101
Logan's clawed through Thing before, and you're trying to assume that Skrull is going to use Thing's, Johnny's, Sue's, Reed's and his own skrull powers at the same time... which he has never, as far as I know, done before. You're lucky to catch three at one time, and those three would have to be covering his entire body for that example to work.

Plus, I've already addressed Reed's durability, which I have yet to see a reply to, and if nothing else, it would be ample detraction for Skrull to then get bashed in by Cyclops or Colossus.

How does Colossus or Cyclops bash a guy who hangs with the likes of Ronin and Terrax? What the hell? Super Skrull can incinerate the entire crew while being invis and they would never know what hit them.

Boy Blue
How does Colossus or Cyclops bash a guy who hangs with the likes of Ronin and Terrax? What the hell? Super Skrull can incinerate the entire crew while being invis and they would never know what hit them. You don't think that Scott and Piotr can do damage to SS? Lolz?

Logan and Beast have super senses to tell where an invisible SS is, and the others can tell by seeing where the big fire blasts are coming from. I don't see Piotr being incinerated by SS, Nightcrawler's more than agile and skilled enough to dodge, and Scott can just pull off a wide range beam faster.

Plus, when was the last time that SS used his invisibility in a big brawl? The guy is practically a brick when it comes to big name fights.

darthgoober
He has to continuously shift his form, even if he's visually staying in place. It's why he can be KTFO'd by an attack he doesn't see coming.

I see his anti-matter blast being similar to Jubilee's telepathic immunity/resistance... a cool power given to them in their conception, and then unofficially retconned out of their powerset when later writers wanted to stick to the core powers, and not deviate.

Well assuming that everything you're saying is correct, I still can't see the X-Men taking him. Let's say that SS forgets about his Anti-Matter blast and Super Hypnotism, he's still got pretty much every advantage in this fight. The only three that can really do any damage are Cyclops, Wolverine, and Colossus and they're all grounded characters. Wolverine's the only one that keep track of SS if he goes invisible(I don't think Beast's senses are quite acute enough, but I might be wrong) and only he and Colossus really stand a chance of surviving a blast from Torches powers(everyone else would die even at sub-nova intensity).

Newjak
I've never seen SS go for bubbles in the brain before. Have you?

And I've also rarely, if ever seen him make a full bubble shield, rather than simply a partial bubble... which means taking the time to deflect Cyke's beam would result in Logan clawing into his back. He made a full bubble shield in Annihilation when he wrapped one around the ship in his mini. In the same issue he also showed amazing control over his bubbles by using it as a second hand to pluck the scientist out of ship.

But SS is way to versatile, cutthroat, and sneaky to lose to this team.

His shields alone would take anything this team could dish out. While in theory he could one shot quite a few of these people.

Or Supernova for the win.

Raoul
i don't see sue's shield's being able to take a combined, multi-pronged attack from this team of x-men, and i think skrull is worse off than the individual members would be...

not saying he couldn't do it, but taking a large majority? not imo...

Boy Blue
Well assuming that everything you're saying is correct, I still can't see the X-Men taking him. Let's say that SS forgets about his Anti-Matter blast and Super Hypnotism, he's still got pretty much every advantage in this fight. The only three that can really do any damage are Cyclops, Wolverine, and Colossus and they're all grounded characters. Wolverine's the only one that keep track of SS if he goes invisible(I don't think Beast's senses are quite acute enough, but I might be wrong) and only he and Colossus really stand a chance of surviving a blast from Torches powers(everyone else would die even at sub-nova intensity). He's shown hypnotism recently, but not as a tactic he can easily pull off in the heat of battle.

Scott can tag him if he goes invisible simply with a wider range blast, and Kurt damage any piece of him not covered by rock or flame. As can Beast. Again, even if the two of them only prove to be distractions, that's still a huge advantage to the X-Men.

The X-Men are on of the most coordinated teams in comics, and these guys are all X-vets. Using numbers and advantages, they can and would constantly keep SS at a disadvantage and having his attention split.

And if Wolverine gets a chance to really sink his claws in, or if Colossus gets some solid hits in, that'll do major damage to SS, whose healing factor is nothing worth writing home about.

Besides, he normally just covers one fist with Thing's powers, and either of the two that I mentioned wouldn't have trouble with standard Torch flame.

And Scott's proven that if he's not taken out right away, and if it's not a solo match, with his aim and power output he could knock SS out himself.

SS is gonna be so preoccupied, he wouldn't have time or ample space for invisibility to to build up a nova blast.

Boy Blue
Originally posted by Newjak
He made a full bubble shield in Annihilation when he wrapped one around the ship in his mini. In the same issue he also showed amazing control over his bubbles by using it as a second hand to pluck the scientist out of ship.

But SS is way to versatile, cutthroat, and sneaky to lose to this team.

His shields alone would take anything this team could dish out. While in theory he could one shot quite a few of these people.

Or Supernova for the win. He made a full bubble to contain the ship from leaving... but when has he used a full bubble to protect himself like Sue... always does?

The X-team is way too coordinated, experienced and too far of a numbers advantage to lose to SS...

In theory he could one shot quite a few of them. But all at once, he'll be too distracted to put any of them down for the count.

Where as they won't be...

Juk3n
After Cyke is melted from above (assuming he's the forst target because he's the only one with some good range)

How are they even touching him from the ground?

Its Skrulls most viable tactic, to stay out of THERE range 30 ft above. or higher.

Boy Blue
After Cyke is melted from above (assuming he's the forst target because he's the only one with some good range)

How are they even touching him from the ground?

Its Skrulls most viable tactic, to stay out of THERE range 30 ft above. or higher. SS doesn't rely on viable tactics... like I said, he prefers to get up close and personal in battles, or at least certainly not fight from a range.

Even in flight though, he can be tagged by any combinations of Colossus, Wolverine and Nightcrawler.

Juk3n
SS doesn't rely on viable tactics... like I said, he prefers to get up close and personal in battles, or at least certainly not fight from a range.

Even in flight though, he can be tagged by any combinations of Colossus, Wolverine and Nightcrawler.

mmhmm, i can see your point, quite hard to see all your opponents from an above position, especially an 8 ft tall steel man throwing a 5 foot ball of fur with 6, foot long claws..i can see how he'd miss that.

And as for viable tactic, aernt forum battles supposed to be fought at full use of abilitys..ie, if he can nuke from a distance because it's the best tactic..then he will?

just askin.

Scoobless
Nah, the X-Guys aren't winning this.

Boy Blue
And as for viable tactic, aernt forum battles supposed to be fought at full use of abilitys..ie, if he can nuke from a distance because it's the best tactic..then he will? It still takes character personalities into account. We don't debate power sets, we debate characters.

darthgoober
He's shown hypnotism recently, but not as a tactic he can easily pull off in the heat of battle.
Ok.

Scott can tag him if he goes invisible simply with a wider range blast, and Kurt damage any piece of him not covered by rock or flame. As can Beast. Again, even if the two of them only prove to be distractions, that's still a huge advantage to the X-Men.
Scott's not going to start shooting a wide angle blast at an invisible character at random, it's way out of character for him risk that kind of collateral damage and injury to his team mates. And Beast and Kurt can only damage what they can reach and as you already pointed out neither are going to be able to do anything if he's covered in rock or flame.

The X-Men are on of the most coordinated teams in comics, and these guys are all X-vets. Using numbers and advantages, they can and would constantly keep SS at a disadvantage and having his attention split.
They're only going to be able to keep his attention split for a moment because SS's not going to be messing around here. A single blast of Torches powers will fry anyone but Colossus(though Wolverine would regenerate) and IW's force fields can keep any of them but Nightcrawler contained for as long as it necessary.

And if Wolverine gets a chance to really sink his claws in, or if Colossus gets some solid hits in, that'll do major damage to SS, whose healing factor is nothing worth writing home about.
Wolverine and Colossus would be as hard pressed to get in close as anyone else.

Besides, he normally just covers one fist with Thing's powers, and either of the two that I mentioned wouldn't have trouble with standard Torch flame.
But those are the ONLY two and they don't have a chance against SS if he deep fries their team mates.

And Scott's proven that if he's not taken out right away, and if it's not a solo match, with his aim and power output he could knock SS out himself.
I've seen SS take blast from Surfer before, what has Scott shown that indicates he could take out SS alone?

SS is gonna be so preoccupied, he wouldn't have time or ample space for invisibility to to build up a nova blast.
He doesn't need nova heat, he just has to use his brain. If he fought like a moron the way he did back in the old FF comics then yeah they might pull a couple of wins, but if he uses his brain and fights using his powers in conjunction like this...

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/2051/silversurfer198902507da0.jpg
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/8264/silversurfer198902508gh6.jpg
http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/4930/silversurfer198902509jx5.jpg

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8567/thor14207xo3.jpg
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/3363/thor14208zc1.jpg
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9849/thor14209mz6.jpg
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/4415/thor14210yh2.jpg
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/5723/thor14211vp9.jpg
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/1549/thor14212md7.jpg
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/4551/thor14213la7.jpg
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/1943/thor14214pp8.jpg
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/8578/thor14215ws9.jpg

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/3900/thor46511vl6.jpg
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/4760/thor46512ss4.jpg
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/4149/thor46513gh5.jpg
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/4094/thor46514cu9.jpg
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/1433/thor46515ys6.jpg
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/6956/thor46516zf8.jpg
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/1047/thor4651718nx7.jpg

...the team doesn't stand a chance erm .

Boy Blue

Scott's not going to start shooting a wide angle blast at an invisible character at random, it's way out of character for him risk that kind of collateral damage and injury to his team mates. And Beast and Kurt can only damage what they can reach and as you already pointed out neither are going to be able to do anything if he's covered in rock or flame. He doesn't need to shoot at random when he has two characters that can point out location to him... even if it's just a general vicinity, he can still simply aim a wide angle blast...

They're only going to be able to keep his attention split for a moment because SS's not going to be messing around here. A single blast of Torches powers will fry anyone but Colossus(though Wolverine would regenerate) and IW's force fields can keep any of them but Nightcrawler contained for as long as it necessary. Who is he gonna tag with a single blast of flame? The only character who doesn't have superhuman agility is Cyclops, and he'll be back a ways and knows the environment. Skrull's gonna have to deal with all other four combatants while targetting Scott, and Kurt has faster than bullet feats of teleportation... if he sees Skrull aiming for Scott somehow despite having Wolverine sinking his claws in and Colossus landing punches, I don't see why he wouldn't just teleport his teammate out of the way.

Or Scott can just blast him before he lets off a blast of flame.

IW's forcefields aren't containing a full blast from Scott, especially when SS is distracted.

And not containing Nightcrawler means not containing any of them... teleportation and whatnot.

Wolverine and Colossus would be as hard pressed to get in close as anyone else. Considering that SS likes to take things in to close combat, I doubt that.

But those are the ONLY two and they don't have a chance against SS if he deep fries their team mates. Which he wouldn't.

Scans of SS ever going nova?

And with 5-1, he wouldn't be frying anybody.

I've seen SS take blast from Surfer before, what has Scott shown that indicates he could take out SS alone?
He's accurate enough to peg non-Thing areas of SS, but would damage whatever he hit regardless.

He's ripped into Hulk and Onslaught with his blasts.

He doesn't need nova heat, he just has to use his brain. If he fought like a moron the way he did back in the old FF comics then yeah they might pull a couple of wins, but if he uses his brain and fights using his powers in conjunction like this...
...the team doesn't stand a chance erm . Lol.

He barely uses his powers in conjunction in any of those scans, and I find it ironic how you used a statement about how he would be if he didn't fight like a retard, only to show him going up against a bunch of opponents who are fighting like retards.

All of his latest appearances (which are many, considering Annihilation) have him as a bloodthirsty brawler that doesn't go invisible or use full bubble shields. And in each of your scans, he needed moments of pause to switch between powers... pauses that he won't have here, because these characters, unlike those incarnations of Thor and Surfer, do not like to pretend that they have Down's.

Raoul
as far as scott with collateral damage goes...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_1.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_2-1.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_3.jpg

the x-men know well enough that if scott even tells them to move, he's lining something up... the only thing that would stop him firing is if skrull had a hostage...

scott is also capable of firing non lethal wide blasts, he's done so before... and with his visor off he can tailor his blasts to be as wide or as powerful as he likes...

darthgoober
He doesn't need to shoot at random when he has two characters that can point out location to him... even if it's just a general vicinity, he can still simply aim a wide angle blast...
The default distance is .5 kilometers away... how are Wolverine and Beast going to pin point him from that distance to Cyke if SS goes airborn?

Who is he gonna tag with a single blast of flame? The only character who doesn't have superhuman agility is Cyclops, and he'll be back a ways and knows the environment. Skrull's gonna have to deal with all other four combatants while targetting Scott, and Kurt has faster than bullet feats of teleportation... if he sees Skrull aiming for Scott somehow despite having Wolverine sinking his claws in and Colossus landing punches, I don't see why he wouldn't just teleport his teammate out of the way.
The gap between SS and the team has to be closed before anyone but Cyke or Nightcrawler can get in a hit. He'll have plenty of time to take out at least one or two of them before they engage him.

Or Scott can just blast him before he lets off a blast of flame.
And SS could block it just like this...

IW's forcefields aren't containing a full blast from Scott, especially when SS is distracted.
I thought you said that everybody's fight "in character"? Wasn't it specifically established that Cyclops ALWAYS holds back with his optic blast? And given that IW's force fields have redirected a blast from a gamma bomb...

And not containing Nightcrawler means not containing any of them... teleportation and whatnot.
Yeah he could teleport one of them out at a time, but then again doesn't too much teleportation tire him out? And wouldn't that leave ONE opponent outside of a forcefield for SS to nail with a blast from IW or Torch's powers?

Considering that SS likes to take things in to close combat, I doubt that.
Sure he does, but he's also a trained officer of the Skrull army. He's not going to give up a strategic advantage and waltz into a scenario that's bad for him in a no PIS setting. I'm sure he'll take it to the heroes physically, but that doesn't mean that he's above softening them up first.

Which he wouldn't.

Scans of SS ever going nova?

And with 5-1, he wouldn't be frying anybody.

Why would he have to go Nova to melt the skin off of Nightcrawler, Beast, Cyclops, or Wolverine's skin?

But so you're not left wondering, here's SS using a Nova intensity blast...

He's accurate enough to peg non-Thing areas of SS, but would damage whatever he hit regardless.

He's ripped into Hulk and Onslaught with his blasts.

Really cause Surfer gets in several shots on what appear to be "non Thing area's" but SS handles them just fine...

Lol.

He barely uses his powers in conjunction in any of those scans, and I find it ironic how you used a statement about how he would be if he didn't fight like a retard, only to show him going up against a bunch of opponents who are fighting like retards.
HUH?! He doesn't use many in the Thor fights but he uses quite a few combo's in the Surfer fight and at least a couple in others. The Surfer fight was given as an example of how he can use his powers togther, the Thor scans were to show how effective those powers can be when he uses his brain(even if he's using them one at a time).

Fight#1
(SS simultaneously uses the powers of Reed, Thing, and Torch)
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/2051/silversurfer198902507da0.jpg
(SS simultaneously uses the powers of Thing and Torch, then Reed and IW, and then Torch and Reed again)
(Using Thing, Reed, and Torch's powers simultaneously AGAIN)

Fight #2
(Using the powers of IW and Thing)

Fight #3
(Using the powers of IW and Thing)
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/4094/thor46514cu9.jpg
(Using the powers of Reed and Torch)
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/1047/thor4651718nx7.jpg

Nearly any set of combined abilities would allow SS to take down any two of the opposing team without much trouble.

All of his latest appearances (which are many, considering Annihilation) have him as a bloodthirsty brawler that doesn't go invisible or use full bubble shields. And in each of your scans, he needed moments of pause to switch between powers... pauses that he won't have here, because these characters, unlike those incarnations of Thor and Surfer, do not like to pretend that they have Down's.
Well if we look to newer appearances from Annihilation...

(Using Thing, Torch, Reed, and IW's powers ALL AT ONCE)
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/9079/img005yx8.jpg
(Using Thing, Torch, and Reed's powers simultaneously, and utilizing a rather innovative use of Reed's powers)
http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/9656/img007fx0.jpg
(Reed and Thing again)
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/4554/img008me0.jpg
(Thing, Reed, and IW)
http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/3600/img009nv3.jpg
(and a basic conclusion)
http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/5421/img010cm1.jpg

And another fight...
(Torch and IW)
http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/7655/img012xh4.jpg
(Thing, Reed, IW)
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/5509/img013zv6.jpg
(Thing and Reed)
http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/6592/img014wn6.jpg
(Thing, Reed, and Torch)
http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/5391/img015lo2.jpg

ultimatethor
Superskrull wins this handily.

llagrok
I like how Smurph makes a thread where EVERYBODY thinks it's obvious who wins, yet commences to not only insult one part, but ignore feats as well.

Raoul
Originally posted by llagrok
I like how Smurph makes a thread where EVERYBODY thinks it's obvious who wins, yet commences to not only insult one part, but ignore feats as well.

its not everybody...

Starscream M
if Skrull fights like a moron, team might take a couple of wins

if Skrull fights smart, team has no chance

llagrok
Originally posted by Raoul
its not everybody...

Right, the guy with Cyclops in his signature thinks Cyclops makes a difference 131

Raoul
Right, the guy with Cyclops in his signature thinks Cyclops makes a difference 131

i'm not the one who keeps talking about him...

Ambient
SSkrull 8/10.. The rest the mutants due to Nightcrawler porting SSkrull limbs or bfr..

darthgoober
Originally posted by Ambient
SSkrull 8/10.. The rest the mutants due to Nightcrawler porting SSkrull limbs or bfr..
Has Nightcrawler ever actually done that?

Also, given NC's teleportation range I doubt he could successfully BFR SS. If the guy can fly at supersonic speeds I think he could deal with any distance NC teleported him.

Ambient
He ported half a wall before.. He should be able to port organic as in a person..

Im talkin about dimentional bfr, Nightcrawler when porting i beleived passed between N-garaii (spelling) dimension and he manage to port the x-men there fore..

darthgoober
Originally posted by Ambient
He ported half a wall before.. He should be able to port organic as in a person..

Im talkin about dimentional bfr, Nightcrawler when porting i beleived passed between N-garaii (spelling) dimension and he manage to port the x-men there fore..
Oh I'll admit that he should theoretically be able to, but that kind of thing would be WAY out of character for NC do do.

Ah ok, I can see that.

Boy Blue
I'll respond to Goob's posts, but not tonight. I just got back from TDK and am all jittery.

It was soooo good.

Excuse me?

If you think I'm wrong, say so, but don't make accusations just for the sake of being an ass.

Battlehammer
if some one wants to sues the bubble in the brain arguement............night crawler can just teleport his head off

Battlehammer
x-men could deffiently win. given ss cis and the x-men teamwork and ruthlessesness as of late they could deffiently put ss down

Raoul
I'll respond to Goob's posts, but not tonight. I just got back from TDK and am all jittery.

It was soooo good.

Excuse me?

If you think I'm wrong, say so, but don't make accusations just for the sake of being an ass.

it's kris... srug

Boy Blue
The default distance is .5 kilometers away... how are Wolverine and Beast going to pin point him from that distance to Cyke if SS goes airborn? If he's in the air, Cyclops releases one huge blast that covers his entire field of vision.

That was easy.

The gap between SS and the team has to be closed before anyone but Cyke or Nightcrawler can get in a hit. He'll have plenty of time to take out at least one or two of them before they engage him.
You never answered my question.

SS has nowhere near the sharpshooting feats he'd need to tag anybody but Cyclops, and even then it's iffy. And I view the scenario as Cyclops winning a quickdraw between them... assuming that SS even starts by flameblasting, and doesn't just jump into a brawl or fly into a brawl as is his MO.

And SS could block it just like this...
In a one on one match, that's a great option.

In a five on one match?

He blocks Scott's blast... and then he suddenly realizes Nightcrawler's 'ported Colossus above him and Wolverine's seconds away from stabbing into his back.

I thought you said that everybody's fight "in character"? Wasn't it specifically established that Cyclops ALWAYS holds back with his optic blast? And given that IW's force fields have redirected a blast from a gamma bomb... Have Skrull's sheilds redirected a blast from a gamma bomb?

And Cyclops always holds back, sure, but that's because his peak power output it unfathomable. Your scenario assumes that Super Skrull is gonna take out Nightcrawler, while simultaneously raising shields to block Pete's Cl. 100 punches, Scott's ability to simply look at the sky and unleash a huge blast, etc.

Yeah he could teleport one of them out at a time, but then again doesn't too much teleportation tire him out? And wouldn't that leave ONE opponent outside of a forcefield for SS to nail with a blast from IW or Torch's powers? Nightcrawler teleports faster than people think and can execute a chain of teleports extremely fast... he can have the team out (not that SS would be able to contain them, and not that SS fights like that) before Skrull would know what happened.

Sure he does, but he's also a trained officer of the Skrull army. He's not going to give up a strategic advantage and waltz into a scenario that's bad for him in a no PIS setting. I'm sure he'll take it to the heroes physically, but that doesn't mean that he's above softening them up first. PIS =/= CIS... SS likes to get gritty in his battles, he's a bloodthirst SOB.

And the Skrull army kicked him out for being incompetent. haermm

I like Super Skrull. He was my fave Annihilation character, and far more interesting than I would have thought.

But he also fights like an idiot, considering his potential. He typically covers only one fist with Thing's durability, his shields are always partial and he's never used, that I know of, a nova blast omni-directional like Johnny does, or used Reed's durability to its top ability.

There's so much you could do with the character if he tried to use all of his powers in sync... but he doesn't, he doesn't fight like that.

So with his preference to not use any of his powers for defense to more than a fraction of their ability, a team of trained and experienced heroes like the X-Men have his number due to training, teamwork and numbers advantages.

Why would he have to go Nova to melt the skin off of Nightcrawler, Beast, Cyclops, or Wolverine's skin?

But so you're not left wondering, here's SS using a Nova intensity blast...

When I said "Nova" I assumed omni-directional, like most of Johnny's... because he ain't tagging any of the X-Men with something like what was in that scan.

Really cause Surfer gets in several shots on what appear to be "non Thing area's" but SS handles them just fine...
Like I said, Surfer was ridiculously downplayed for that fight.

HUH?! He doesn't use many in the Thor fights but he uses quite a few combo's in the Surfer fight and at least a couple in others. The Surfer fight was given as an example of how he can use his powers togther, the Thor scans were to show how effective those powers can be when he uses his brain(even if he's using them one at a time). You're not being realistic.

When I said "powers in conjunction", I meant more than simply making your hand rocky and flaming.

I mean... if that's all that he's going to do in these fights, he really doesn't stand a chance.

At least in Annihilation, he was being creative like turning himself into a missile via Torch and IW's powers, or making razor sharp cords through Thing and Reed.

If all that he's going to do is shape his fists a little and stretch his arms, he'll be ridiculously wide open to attacks. I don't really see the version shown in your scans beating any two from Wolverine, Cyclops and Colossus.

He did a couple creative things in your scans, but simply making his fist rocky and on fire, and then stretching it to punch... means that the rest of his body is going to be pierced and smashed by four other mutants while he's trying, and failing to punch Wolverine.

And unless you wanna argue that Logan can't cut him, I don't see the match lasting long after that.

Well if we look to newer appearances from Annihilation...

(Using Thing, Torch, Reed, and IW's powers ALL AT ONCE)
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/9079/img005yx8.jpg
(Using Thing, Torch, and Reed's powers simultaneously, and utilizing a rather innovative use of Reed's powers)
http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/9656/img007fx0.jpg
(Reed and Thing again)
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/4554/img008me0.jpg
(Thing, Reed, and IW)
http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/3600/img009nv3.jpg
(and a basic conclusion)
http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/5421/img010cm1.jpg

And another fight...
(Torch and IW)
http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/7655/img012xh4.jpg
(Thing, Reed, IW)
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/5509/img013zv6.jpg
(Thing and Reed)
http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/6592/img014wn6.jpg
(Thing, Reed, and Torch)
http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/5391/img015lo2.jpg This is better, but he's still barely using powers to their potential.

Half the time or less he's using only two powers at once, and typically the powers don't reach much further than his fist.

llagrok
Originally posted by Battlehammer
x-men could deffiently win. given ss cis and the x-men teamwork and ruthlessesness as of late they could deffiently put ss down

Given their ruthlessness and SS Cis? You mean his willingness to kill and ability to use the F4's power better than they can? Oh yeah, Kl'rt's CIS is a big factor in this fight. I mean, there is no way a callous Skrull who lead the NZ rebellion against Annihilus can match the x-men's ruthlessness. They've got fricking eye lasers, Wolverine's super long claws and oh, Colossus' fist.

Do you know how difficult it is to cut a regular Skrull? not to mention one that has Mr.Fantastic's abilities.

if some one wants to sues the bubble in the brain arguement............night crawler can just teleport his head off

Yeah, there's the crazy murdering Nightcrawler and the religious and peaceful Super Skrull.

Boy Blue
ability to use the F4's power better than they can? I expect John will reply to this post... but a big "LOL" at this.

Battlehammer
Given their ruthlessness and SS Cis? You mean his willingness to kill and ability to use the F4's power better than they can? Oh yeah, Kl'rt's CIS is a big factor in this fight. I mean, there is no way a callous Skrull who lead the NZ rebellion against Annihilus can match the x-men's ruthlessness. They've got fricking eye lasers, Wolverine's super long claws and oh, Colossus' fist.

Do you know how difficult it is to cut a regular Skrull? not to mention one that has Mr.Fantastic's abilities.

Yeah, there's the crazy murdering Nightcrawler and the religious and peaceful Super Skrull.

did you jsut say that ss uses his powers better then fantastic four uses theres? prove it. Becueases that bs.

the only time he even really used them to any great way was during annihiation and that one time arc not the norm.

........also do you honestly think wolverine has trouble cutting skrull..........becauses he does not.

also the x-men tactical prowesses and team work>>>>>>>>>ss ability to effectivly uses his powers

Boy Blue
the only time he even really used them to any great way was during annihiation and that one time arc not the norm.
And even then, he was still usually only making one fist covered with Thing's skin, and the only time he made a full bubble shield was to stop a ship from moving.... never to protect himself.

He still never went Nova, hardly made anything more than a flame fist, and I only recall one mention, off panel about his invisibility.

Battlehammer
And even then, he was still usually only making one fist covered with Thing's skin, and the only time he made a full bubble shield was to stop a ship from moving.... never to protect himself.

He still never went Nova, hardly made anything more than a flame fist, and I only recall one mention, off panel about his invisibility.
to true. He never uses his ability in any impressive fashion. I don't get why people assume he will here

rougeredmage
many of you are not takeing the enviroment into consideration

"They fight in the wreckage of the X-Mansion."

thus the SS flying above the ground aprox 30 m is not going to be an effective startegy. the X-mansion is more then just a big house... it has various sub-basements some of which are hybrids of Shai-rah and Earth technology.

this means that the wreckage will limit flying height and act as cover for some of the x-men. also remember that the X-men are on homefield advantage... how many times have they battled in the wreckage of the X-mansion now. the cover gives Nightcrawler the advantage of stealth.. i am sure wolverine has some decent stealth feats under his belt also.

SS losses mainly because he is a loner and thinks he can do everything himself. thats why he will alwlays be overcome by superior teamwork and tactics.

darthgoober

Boy Blue

fangirl101
Superskrull One Shots them all. They can't even beat Apoc in a five on one. And SS is seriously at the same level of overall power.

Erik-Lensherr
Super Skrull.

Boy Blue
IW could beat this team you named by herself. Skrull has her powers, things, reeds, and johnny's, plus HIS OWN. He's High herald level seriously.
Superskrull One Shots them all. They can't even beat Apoc in a five on one. And SS is seriously at the same level of overall power.

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/fb147.jpg

Starscream M
haha....nice fail pic

Erik-Lensherr
I just noticed Smurph changed his username, again. It's funny, I didn't read his posts because I thought he was the EonBlue (or something like that) guy.

Boy Blue
sad

darthgoober

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.