Iron Man (w/ Mandarin's Rings) vs Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Iron Man gets all 10 of the Mandarin's power rings and gets a month to master their use.

He faces of against Wonder Woman in Metropolis.

Who wins?

psycho gundam
not sure on the winner, but ironman with the rings sounds awesome.

Grinning Goku
WW has the speed advantage, though. If she was slower, she would get wtfpwned.

Galan007
im.

occultdestroyer
Wonder Woman

janus77
IM is the first to get out of his armour yes

how powerful are the rings? all I recall is some small scale Captain Planet-y stuff...

imo, IM's gonna be more interested in getting WW to wear his ring yes

psycho gundam
Originally posted by janus77
IM is the first to get out of his armour yes

how powerful are the rings? all I recall is some small scale Captain Planet-y stuff...

imo, IM's gonna be more interested in getting WW to wear his ring yes the ten makluan rings are pretty powerful and versatile.

offhand i remember them being: black beam (infrared and other invisible wavelengths of radiation), vortex beam, matter re-arranger, impact beam, ice beam, disintegrater beam, mental energy beam, white beam (across electro magnetic spectrum),......can't remember the rest.

but with those rings, the mandarin has defeated stark and starks many run ins with the mandarin should give his good enough experience with their workings, plus he had to make counter measures for them when he battled the mandarin.

spetznaz
Malen (the Extremis enhancile) almost killed Stark, and was manhandling him quite easily. The speed given to Malen by the Extremis solution/virii made him untouchable (Stark's armor was not able to react to the speed), and his strength made him to breach Stark's armor with a couple of pounding blows. In essence, were it real life (where there is no need for the comic writer to save Stark), that would have been the end of Iron Man.

Now, Stark took care of things by going through the Extremis process himself (although a lower-yield version that was 'only' supposed to give him full interface access to his armor, as well as some other 'nice' technological ups). No longer was Malen faster, and Stark was able to trounce that right-wing terrorist like he was last week's fish.

What is the purpose of the above: well, you can look at Wonderwoman as a form of Extremis enhancile ....but with several very MAJOR differences.

For one, her gifts are god given, not due to some techno-virus. More importantly, her levels of strength and speed are prodigious. Malen was stated to be (at one point) travelling at 300 miles per hour, and evena t that speed he was a blur to Stark until Stark also underwent the Extremis process giving him the ability to process that level of speed. The problem is that WonderWoman can travel at speeds MUCH MUCH MUCH higher than 300mph, indicating that even though IronMan may be able to cope with 300mph (and maybe even higher sub-mach speeds, and even let us assume he can even cope with supersonic reaction speeds) WonderWoman is still so much faster than he can.

Furthermore, there is the strength component. While Wonderwoman is not stronger than Superman, she is a peer of his (not meaning they are equal by any means, but that they are analogous). There are two times in comics where she (together with Superman and Greenlantern in one, and Superman and the Martian Manhunter in the other) are pulling the Earth. Her strength levels are just ridiculous, by any measure, and if an Extremis enhancile was breaching the armor in a couple of blows, two blows (even one good one) from WonderWoman would quite literally liquefy Stark inside his suit.

The main issue though is not her strength and speed ....but the fact that she has one of the better warrior training regimens around. Having near Superman strength and very high levels of speed are one thing, wrapping all of that in a shell of master training gives you an adversary that is not easy.

Sure, IronMan has the Mandarin rings, but they would only be effective if WonderWoman was standing there. The advantage given by the rings (in THIS particular example) is realistically very low.

Anyways, WonderWoman wins this. In many ways I would rather face a bloodlusted Superman than a bloodlusted Wonderwoman (while he is obviously stronger and with a greater variety of powers, I still think that he would not mess me up as much as Wonderwoman would).

guy222
diana

Nestical
stark

starlock
Wonder Woman for the win

Metalmanx
Wondy wins.

Indestructible
Iron Man FTW even though I love WW

AbelAnderson
Wonder Woman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.