Sidekick in next Batman film?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
I was wondering if it would be a good idea for batman to finally get a sidekick in his next film?

reasons for:

1. he needs backup. things are not getting easier, and cops are against him now. Plus he lost a valuable ally in Fox (Morgan Freeman). So having a sidekick allows him to tackle the criminals in this dangerous Gotham.

2. batman needs to lighten up. Bale's batman is a grim figure, and it's worked so far. But a good sidekick can show us batman's lighter side and inject some new excitement to the franchise.

reasons against:

1. see previous batman movies where he has a sidekick. nuff said.

2. might not fit tone of the nolan/bale batman movies.

3. risky

BruceSkywalker
No No sidekick any time soon. Maybe after Batman 3 Dick Grayson can make an appearance in Batman 4

Mairuzu
no thx

Phucked Up
Originally posted by Starscream M
I was wondering if it would be a good idea for batman to finally get a sidekick in his next film?

reasons for:

1. he needs backup. things are not getting easier, and cops are against him now. Plus he lost a valuable ally in Fox (Morgan Freeman). So having a sidekick allows him to tackle the criminals in this dangerous Gotham.

2. batman needs to lighten up. Bale's batman is a grim figure, and it's worked so far. But a good sidekick can show us batman's lighter side and inject some new excitement to the franchise.

reasons against:

3. risky

No.

Nolan's already said no, his Batman is still new to the game and Robin would only be like 5-6 years old at the present time.

Bat Dude
No sidekick, but a kid who needs someone to guide him after his parents are murdered in front of him? Definitely...

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Starscream M

reasons for:

reasons against:

3. risky

He doesnt need a sidekick. Batman can still carry his own weight, he's faced the League of Shadows and the combined force of the mob led by Joker. Despite the loss of L. Fox, he can still access Wayne Enter. R&D and pull things out of archive storage that could be useful.

Batman is supposed to be grim, the lighter side of Batman is justice, and his counterpart Bruce Wayne. The formula so far is very good.

as another stated, nolan's batman is very young and is still new to the game, can you imagine Batman yelling with his raspy coarse voice like Bale does, interogating some mobster upside down from a zipline and then have kid in a red outfit step out.

TheVapor
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
No No sidekick any time soon. Maybe after Batman 3 Dick Grayson can make an appearance in Batman 4

Wasn't h only contracted to do 3? I realize he could go beyond the contract I just don't know if he'll go as far as a Batman 4.

I'm both for and against this happening. Batman could stumble upon a fellow vigilante who happens to be a youth fighting for justice, and feeling a familiarity between himself and this youth takes him under his wing. Nolan could do it right, but while I think the above idea is cool, what Batman has ahead for himself he is going to have to face alone, and maybe completely alone

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by TheVapor
Wasn't h only contracted to do 3? I realize he could go beyond the contract I just don't know if he'll go as far as a Batman 4.

I'm both for and against this happening. Batman could stumble upon a fellow vigilante who happens to be a youth fighting for justice, and feeling a familiarity between himself and this youth takes him under his wing. Nolan could do it right, but while I think the above idea is cool, what Batman has ahead for himself he is going to have to face alone, and maybe completely alone

maybe at the end of batman 3 we'll get a similar scene like the joker card. Bruce gets invited to the Grayson Circus show.

Darth Martin
I'd prefer it for as long as this series continues there would be no sidekicks whatsoever.

Outbound
Fox is not gone ffs....sleepy

He was only quitting if the sonar stayed at Wayne Enterprises, Bruce knew it would conflict with his morals so he added the self destruct, Fox smiled when he set it off knowing Bruce knew how he felt.

SnakeEyes
I was joking around with my friends saying that I should write Nolan and ask if I can play Robin in the next Batman film. It'd be so badass to be a part of that franchise.

Anyway, as for actually incorporating some sort of side-kick, I think Nolan could make it work. I'm not especially fond of the idea, but I'm not necessarily opposed either. We'll see.

SnakeEyes
Also: http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/07/03/comic-writer-jeph-loeb-defends-robin-for-nolans-batman-trilogy/

Jeph Loeb personally wants to see Robin if they make a sequel and to tell you the truth, the way he words his argument has me kind of convinced. I think that having Robin would further the development of Batman's character in Nolan's franchise (ie add a bit of hope to Bruce Wayne's life considering that TDK ended on a somewhat bleak note). Hell, he doesn't even need to be "Robin" in the movie, he could just be Dick Grayson and they could hint at him potentially becoming a vigilante at some point in the movie; but the idea of Nolan's Batman becoming a father-figure of sorts would be interesting.

steverules
If robin comes in then Bale would quit...I think thats what he said anyways, maybe if he gets offered more he'd stay

Da Joker
We don't need that gay ass Robin in this movie series. He's okay, but he'd literally ruin this franchise. Keep that paranoid wannabe superhero homo out of this series. Batgirl is much cooler, but she doesn't belong either. Keep Batman a solo hero.

Endrict Nuul
Not in a Nolan films and I don't want to see any gay sidekick boys in any Batman films. I want to see Nightwing but not a kid.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Also: http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/07/03/comic-writer-jeph-loeb-defends-robin-for-nolans-batman-trilogy/

Jeph Loeb personally wants to see Robin if they make a sequel and to tell you the truth, the way he words his argument has me kind of convinced. I think that having Robin would further the development of Batman's character in Nolan's franchise (ie add a bit of hope to Bruce Wayne's life considering that TDK ended on a somewhat bleak note). Hell, he doesn't even need to be "Robin" in the movie, he could just be Dick Grayson and they could hint at him potentially becoming a vigilante at some point in the movie; but the idea of Nolan's Batman becoming a father-figure of sorts would be interesting.

GOD NOOO!!!!! please don't let that writer any where near film. He has done enough damage on comics as it is.

Menetnashté
Uh yeah...No sidekick, I don't care too see a light-side of Batman or anything of that sort, his light-side in the past has shown him on Ice skates so yeah...just leave things as they are.

WrathfulDwarf
I got a good one for you guys.

No sidekicks in Batman films?

Alfred is consider a sidekick.....Think about it.

wink

Myth
He's more of an accomplice than a sidekick.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I got a good one for you guys.

No sidekicks in Batman films?

Alfred is consider a sidekick.....Think about it.

wink

Shut up you!

WrathfulDwarf
hehehe....evil face

Da Joker
I'd rather have Alfred than that gay ass Robin. And Jeph Leob needs to be burned along with all of the horrible comic stories he's written.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.