Brett Favre?Good or bad thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Give me reasons why you support favre for possibly coming out of retirement or reasons why you are against it please.

forumcrew
343 pages of reasons why you dont need this thread right here:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f71/t402836.html

Blax_Hydralisk
None of those are reasons... so you're attempt at comedy fails. no expression stick out tongue

That aside, I prefer making a thread like this as opposed to putting it in the official thread because questions tend to be glazed over or the subject gets changed before it's fully answered. At least this way all the focus is on the question, unless you derail it and start an argument like I might be possibly doing right now.

ragesRemorse
Favre shouldn't be faulted for having no loyalty or common sense, but he also shouldn't expect fans to support him. He is in a business. He wants to play football, but greenbay wont let him. Even though, he told Greenbay he was retiring, TWICE.

DigiMark007
Yeah, maybe he felt pressure, but no one forced him to retire....especially after the season he just had. And he changed his mind after that as well, so the Pack are just moving on from the will-he-won't-he headcase that is Brett. I've a huge Favre fan, own his jersey, etc. but he really brought this on himself.

The Packers shouldn't release him because he'd end up in purple (most likely), and they have to do what is best for the organization, regardless of his contributions to the team. Since it's clear they don't want him under center, they should trade him. Favre might not get the ideal situation like in Minnesota, but them's the breaks.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
None of those are reasons... so you're attempt at comedy fails. no expression stick out tongue

That aside, I prefer making a thread like this as opposed to putting it in the official thread because questions tend to be glazed over or the subject gets changed before it's fully answered. At least this way all the focus is on the question, unless you derail it and start an argument like I might be possibly doing right now.

Not in the NFL thread. Generally if somebody brings something up thats worthy of discussion, its get discussed. Or made fun of.

When it comes down to Favre. He has been an ongoing discussion for many months.

I agree with the Packers. They would be retarded to release him. Trade him atleast.

But he brought this on himself. First by retiring, and then unretiring and then retiring again, and then blaming the Packers for pushing him to retirement and that he should be released.

chithappens
If he was black, he would be eaten alive by the media.

This crap sickens me cause he has held the Packers up until May for YEARS and he always gets the benefit of the doubt from the media.

Who cares what the guy won? I wouldn't care if he won the Super Bowl last year: it's selfish as hell and it is crazy he is doing this.

He is a good QB but a team often wins with team cohesiveness (more true in football than probably any other sport). Rodgers will not play for Green Bay if he comes back and they will have certainly spoiled their future at the position for a few seasons

ragesRemorse
i think he is just playin funny games

forumcrew
First there has been plenty of discussion on Favre in those 343 pages so you either cant read or just didnt look. Also I have to bring up this.. since when does it matter what is fair to the organization? We are talking about a league that will cut you from a team in a second right? If he wants to play and still has the ability he should play its that simple. Now I dont expect the Packers to just let him walk away as that would be stupid, but you cant blame a man for wanting to do the thing he loves to do.

And did someone really just try to make this a race issue?

botankus
Originally posted by forumcrew
343 pages of reasons why you dont need this thread right here:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f71/t402836.html

Hell, even the very first page is nothing but Brett Favre. God only knows how many times his name is mentioned in the other 342 pages.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk

That aside, I prefer making a thread like this as opposed to putting it in the official thread because questions tend to be glazed over or the subject gets changed before it's fully answered. At least this way all the focus is on the question, unless you derail it and start an argument like I might be possibly doing right now. Thats why I made the thread. Its like you peered into my mind for a moment.

quanchi112
First there has been plenty of discussion on Favre in those 343 pages so you either cant read or just didnt look. Also I have to bring up this.. since when does it matter what is fair to the organization? We are talking about a league that will cut you from a team in a second right? If he wants to play and still has the ability he should play its that simple. Now I dont expect the Packers to just let him walk away as that would be stupid, but you cant blame a man for wanting to do the thing he loves to do.

And did someone really just try to make this a race issue? Yes he has the right to play still but imo not in green bay. He held a press conference where he cried his eyes out and said it was time for him to move on. Sure he was pressured to come to a decision but this decision was his and his alone. Shame on him for putting green bay in this awkward position and poor backup qb. How many years has he ben waiting for mr I think I can play football forever. He had a great year and has been the face of the packers for years. Now he might go play elsewhere and for what a chance at another superbowl when the reason they werent there last year in the first place is because he threw a pick that cost them the game.

As you can see I have no compassion for the man. Its still his right to play and I wont take that away from him but he shouldnt have rushed to a decision back then if he wasnt sure.

chithappens

And did someone really just try to make this a race issue?

No, not trying to make it a race issue, but this is not even the first time Favre has done this.

Yes, players ask for extensions and holdout all the time, but only Favre has the media eating out his hand all the time. For at LEAST the past three offseasons he has been "not 100 percent committed." This is not even anything new.

He gets to ***** about management and most of the media is just like "well he is a great QB. he can say what he wants." This is hardly any different from the T.O. situation, for example.

Favre is more in love with attention than he is with playing football. He plays it like this emotional, selfless guy who loves the game but he just loves the attention.

chithappens
Originally posted by quanchi112
Now he might go play elsewhere and for what a chance at another superbowl when the reason they werent there last year in the first place is because he threw a pick that cost them the game.

Did anyone else see that throw live as it happened?

Even more so than that crazy two minute drive by Manning, that was my "WTF was that" play of the NFL season. It didn't even look intended for anyone in green.

forumcrew
Well this is the other reason I generally dont like threads outside teh NFL section.. it somehow attracts the crazies.

You are really going to now say that Favre throwing 1 Interception cost GB the superbowl? I guess I must of missed when everyone else on the team played a perfect game. Also WTF does this have to do with him retiring?

And I disagree that Favre does this for the media attention. I absolutely believe he just wants to play still, and prolly hard to walk away from millions of dollars regardless of how rich you already are. And you cant say he should not have made a decision when he did. He was told by the team they need to know early. You punish him for holding them hostage and making them wait, now you punish him for making a choice early. He changed his mind big f'n deal. Lets all remember he still hasnt even applied for reinstatement so he is still far from coming back to the league.

Smasandian
He changed his mind twice.

The Packers moved on. Rodgers is the QB. He wants to come back, he'll be a backup, or he will get traded.

End of story.

chithappens

You are really going to now say that Favre throwing 1 Interception cost GB the superbowl? I guess I must of missed when everyone else on the team played a perfect game. Also WTF does this have to do with him retiring?

Wow, ummm we are talking about the same INT right?

In OT, NFC championship game of 2008, vs. Giants?

Did you see that? Everyone did not play a perfect game but that was a very dumb INT. If I had broadband here I would link a video.

Anyone mind finding the play?

quanchi112
Well this is the other reason I generally dont like threads outside teh NFL section.. it somehow attracts the crazies.

And I disagree that Favre does this for the media attention. I absolutely believe he just wants to play still, and prolly hard to walk away from millions of dollars regardless of how rich you already are. And you cant say he should not have made a decision when he did. He was told by the team they need to know early. You punish him for holding them hostage and making them wait, now you punish him for making a choice early. He changed his mind big f'n deal. Lets all remember he still hasnt even applied for reinstatement so he is still far from coming back to the league. Favre didnt play a perfect game and neither did his team. No one said that.

Point is his int lost them the game. Remember when Romo botched that snap on the fg? That is what cost his team the game that year. Thats all he and I am saying.

Röland
Originally posted by chithappens
Even more so than that crazy two minute drive by Manning, that was my "WTF was that" play of the NFL season. It didn't even look intended for anyone in green.
He was throwing to Driver, but Corey Webster made a great play and broke on the ball, stepping in front of Driver for the INT.

chithappens
Ha, put up the video. It was on Favre.

That's why I asked for someone to post it.

Röland
Of course it was on Favre, I'm not trying to make excuses, just saying that the ball was intended for Driver.

YbbZ7_dGTTE

quanchi112

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.