HEY COOL! About Ep. III

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SimK68
I heard that it was going to be a 3 hour spectacular!!! I think Lucas is going to have simutanious production staffs on it! COOL! big grin Happy Dance

Ushgarak
At this stage it might be premature to say that. Remember, AOTC had well over 3 hours run time when originally shot. GL cut large amounts out of it- he simply does not want films that long. And a good job too because there would not be enoufh pace in them to last that long.

Julie
I wish that were so...but I highly doubt it

jedi_blade
Yeah and just remember one thing; it costs him $1 million just to shoot one hour worth of dialogue with all this digital stuff he's doing...budget budget budget.

It might have 3 hours runtime but I think we'll only see a 30 minute movie that: reveals Palpatine as Sidious (10 Minutes), shows Ani/Obi duel (15 minutes), and plays Darth Vader's Voice (5 minute cameo for James Earl Jones). big grin J/K

queeq
3 hours???? Uh-oh...

Captain REX
That's a LITTLE bit too long, don't you think? big grin

Sabrea
too long??? it could be 5 hours long and id STILL go sit through it!! it can not be 'too long'!!!

Darth Ninja
Episode III is definetely going to be packed with action. I thought Episode II had quite a bit of drag time between the action. I can hardly wait for the lightsaber duels in Episode III (esp. to see how Mace Windu, Plo Koon, Ki-Adi-Mundi and Dooku die).

ToMacco
With the volume of information I'm expecting in Episode III, it needs to be about 5 hours long.

SomeGuy57
its only going to be 2 hours

Xam
i give it 2h31 min!!

NoFate007
It'll be somewhere between 2 hr 20 and 2 hr 40, it'll never reach 3 hours though I think he should do whatever his vision is...even if, like previously mentioned, its a 5 hour movie. Its his last one, he should do whatever HE wants, not what "average idiot movie goers" need to stay attention to. If you think about it, the LOTR movies were longer than SW movies, and, maybe its just me, but I find them a lot more boring than SW because they lack a quick pace. It seems as though a lot of scenes in them are useless, where Star Wars tends to give you everything thats necessary, like, every scene contributes to it, unlike divulging into flashbacks of stuff you already remember like they did in LOTR

Anakin2Vader
2hr 15min

Boris
I would love it to be 3 hours, I'd say I would be fully entertained for the 3 hours unlike some other long movies...

darktim1
GL likes to keep his movies at two hours that's how long he has done it but hope he makes this one longer.

Sith Master X
3 hours would be awesome!

rayj
it would make a lot of sense considering how much information we are going to want out of it, I'd rather have it drag the rush smokin'

NoFate007
Drag for an extra half hour and support the plotline is a lot better than skipping out on important plotlines. You can like a movie and not like a few scenes of it...but if you're missing believability, you can dislike the entire movie. If Lucas makes us leave thinking that Anakin just decided randomly to turn to the dark side, it'll be ridiculous. But on the other hand if we have a few scenes that help support that, then it'll be worth sitting through. There is enough action still there to satisfy any idiot that can't get through a non-shoot'em up thing.

Cipher
Episode 3 will have about the same running time as all the others.....
That's how Lucas does it. Just over two hours, for maximum showings in a theater....

A three hour SW film might be nice if it were interesting all the way through,
but its just wishful thinking....

yerssot
that's also what McCallum said once... same or even shorter than ANH
then again, I rather believe SS than McC

wolfdraven
I think it will run 2hr and 25min. I know for a fact ep 3 will not be 3 hours long. I mean come on look at the sw films and look at the length of those films. There's no way he will make ep 3 that long of a film.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.