Halo 4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
I had finally beaten Legendary on Halo 3. After the credits were done rolling, it shows that Master Chief is indeed still alive in a half wrecked frigate and it was hurling towards an unknown planet that gamers suspect it's Onyx and this shows that there should be a Halo 4 but Bungie says it's not in development but I highly doubt it. Bungie has announced that they are working on a new Halo project (and no I dont mean Halo Wars) and I think this possibly might be Halo 4.

PLEASE BUNGIE, LET THERE BE A HALO 4!!!!!!!!

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I had finally beaten Legendary on Halo 3. After the credits were done rolling, it shows that Master Chief is indeed still alive in a half wrecked frigate and it was hurling towards an unknown planet that gamers suspect it's Onyx and this shows that there should be a Halo 4 but Bungie says it's not in development but I highly doubt it. Bungie has announced that they are working on a new Halo project (and no I dont mean Halo Wars) and I think this possibly might be Halo 4.

PLEASE BUNGIE, LET THERE BE A HALO 4!!!!!!!!

i still think Halo is overrated lol i bought into the hype and for one day was amazed by Halo 3 but that aside

i dont think they're working on Halo 4, Bungie does have a mystery title in the works, for microsoft. There's two things floating around tho.

the game will either be:

-a gritty, dark, less vibrant, serious strategic halo shooter with no Master Chief

or

- something about a plumber

Nemesis X
Originally posted by xNIXSONx

the game will either be:

-a gritty, dark, less vibrant, serious strategic halo shooter with no Master Chief

or

- something about a plumber

1) A Halo game with no Master Chief is like a God of War game with no Kratos or a Metal Gear Solid game with no Snake.

2) A plumber... What the f**k?

BackFire
Of course there will be a Halo 4, it's free money.

xNIXSONx
1) A Halo game with no Master Chief is like a God of War game with no Kratos or a Metal Gear Solid game with no Snake.

2) A plumber... What the f**k?

1) they already made Halo Wars with no master chief, they will no doubt make another Master Chiefless game.

2) http://www.bungie.net/Forums/skins/default/avatars/c33811e30582.gif

Nemesis X
Halo Wars is not having the Chief?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I thought he would be when I saw that huge group of Spartan soldiers in the trailer. Dang it Bungie, you lost a fan mad

But I will still play previous Halo games and Halo 4 (if they make it) lol

xNIXSONx
Halo Wars is not having the Chief?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I thought he would be when I saw that huge group of Spartan soldiers in the trailer. Dang it Bungie, you lost a fan mad

But I will still play previous Halo games and Halo 4 (if they make it) lol

Halo Wars takes place about 20 years before the first Halo, when spartans were in abundance. It may be possible MC will make an appearance since the Spartan II thing was created just 5 years before when this game takes place. Also however, Ensemble studios state that MC and Spartans are different and since their not like MC they are more true canan spartans. Also note: everywhere i read, they dont mention clearly if MC is in it or not

Superboy Prime
I think they might be working on a marathon remake.

Smasandian
Wouldnt that be Halo?

haha.

Menetnashté
The world doesn't need another Halo game, Halo 3 was decent, let it end there.

xNIXSONx

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Smasandian
Wouldnt that be Halo?

haha.

I had an exact story-wise remake in mind. Halo is just the spiritual remake.

General G
Bungie has said multiple times there will be NO Halo 4.

And Ensemble Studios is making Halo Wars, not Bungie, so don't say Bungie lost a fan for having no Chief in it, its not them. Ensemble would then lose a fan.

Obsidian Fury
There will likely not be a Halo 4, but this isnt the last we've seen of Master Chief.

Nemesis X
Why do you guys keep saying there will be no Halo 4? Care to explain why that ending in Halo 3 doesn't mean there's gonna be a part 4? If that ending wasn't a showing of a Halo 4 coming, I don't know what is.

Blax_Hydralisk
... because Bungie has stated multiple times that they don't want to do another one? They want to move on to other titles.

Halo isn't the first game to have a major cliff-hanger at the end, but not make a sequel. Games do it all the time, so do movies. Cloverfield did it.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
... because Bungie has stated multiple times that they don't want to do another one? They want to move on to other titles.

Halo isn't the first game to have a major cliff-hanger at the end, but not make a sequel. Games do it all the time, so do movies. Cloverfield did it.

That's what ticks me off. You think Bungie would make a Halo 4 so they can get like a million Halo fans off their backs about it but no, Bungie just wants more Halo 4 cravers on them until they can't move.

Obsidian Fury
All wounds heal in time. The craving for a Halo 4 will only be temporary.

Outbound
That's what ticks me off. You think Bungie would make a Halo 4 so they can get like a million Halo fans off their backs about it but no, Bungie just wants more Halo 4 cravers on them until they can't move.

And then they'll have a million wankers whining about making Halo 5, then Halo 6 etc. They'll probably wait until the next gen wave of consoles come out before doing a proper sequel anyway.

((The_Anomaly))
Why not? Just another mediocre title in an already mediocre franchise. It wont hurt anyone. There will be another Halo, there is too much money in it. The franchise is owned by Microsoft and not Bungie, so even if they dont want to do it Microsoft will just give it to another developer, they dont care, its just dollar signs to them. Makes no difference to me, I dont own a 360 and prolly never will. I played through 3 on legendary on my friends 360 co-op and after playing titles like Call of Duty 4, Halo 3 seemed like a rushed piece of garbage, espicially the single player. So whatever, they are gonna make another regardless if Bungie wants to do it or not.

Smasandian
There will be another Halo.

No matter how many times Bungie states there wont be, there will be another Halo.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Outbound
And then they'll have a million wankers whining about making Halo 5, then Halo 6 etc. They'll probably wait until the next gen wave of consoles come out before doing a proper sequel anyway.

People won't have to freak about a Halo 5 and 6 if Bungie would stop putting cliff hangers in their games for once.

moviebuff1084
Halo 3 sucked enough we need no 4

Nemesis X
Originally posted by moviebuff1084

Are you in here just to give Halo crap? If so, get off!

Raijin
Originally posted by moviebuff1084
Speak for yourself.

The third didn't suck, it just wasn't as good as the other two.

Blax_Hydralisk
Agreed. Halo haters will be Halo haters though. *shrug* It's funny how people hate on it so much yet let games like Final Fantasy and World of Grind-Craft slip by.

Though it's multiplayer was certaintly better then Halo 1's. The M6D is one of the most overpowered freakin' weapons in history.

One-hit kill pistol shots= fail.

xNIXSONx
Agreed. Halo haters will be Halo haters though. *shrug* It's funny how people hate on it so much yet let games like Final Fantasy and World of Grind-Craft slip by.

Though it's multiplayer was certaintly better then Halo 1's. The M6D is one of the most overpowered freakin' weapons in history.

One-hit kill pistol shots= fail.

cuz Final Fantasy is good, and is not overrated. and there is no multiplayer with annoying kids, and people saying terrible things that take away more from the experience

Dark-Jaxx
cuz Final Fantasy is good, and is not overrated. and there is no multiplayer with annoying kids, and people saying terrible things that take away more from the experience That's an opinion.

Though seriously, there are games IMO that deserve much more hate, like DMC.

Blax_Hydralisk
cuz Final Fantasy is good,

No it's not.

Yes it is. Espeically 7.

Which makes it boring.

terrible things? lmfao. How do you survive in the real world? People should have thicker skins.

See how easily I pulled an opinion out of my ass to counter yours?

Superboy Prime
I <3 u.

Spartan005
Originally posted by BackFire
Of course there will be a Halo 4, it's free money.

Ok that may be Microsofts decision, but Bungie will still make it the best game possible... come on now give them some credit.

anyway if they do make another halo, I'd love to see a prequel. Maybe like a Star Wars type of thing with the 3rd in the trilogy ending with the fall of reach. I read most of that book and it has a lot of potential to be an awesome game... but then again Bungie is so concerned about not showing MC's face that they probably won't do it

DarkC
I don't think it would be called "Halo".

Nemesis X
Halo 3 had a major cliff hanger when you defeat legendary.

Also, Bungie says they don't want to reveal MC's face because they want to make you feel like you're MC and I find that to be a load of bullcrap. In the books, it says that when chief was a kid, he had freckles and he had red hair. "Make you feel like you're MC" my ass. Every first person shooter game makes you feel like you're the character and yet we know what their faces look like. Bungie, lay off the pot lol

Blax_Hydralisk
Having a cliff hanegr doesn't mean anything.

Cloverfield had a cliff-hanger, yet they're not going to expand on the movie or explain what happened in a sequel. J.J. already said that if they make a sequal it's going to be thee exact same events just from a different viewpoint.

Not all games need to have their endings explained. Sometiems it's just best to leave it to your imagination. I've written several fanfictions on the ending of Halo 3 myself. *shrug*

xNIXSONx
No it's not.

Yes it is. Espeically 7.

Which makes it boring.

terrible things? lmfao. How do you survive in the real world? People should have thicker skins.

See how easily I pulled an opinion out of my ass to counter yours?

-FF is good

-Go play Halo then tell me its not overrated. Halo can take a lesson from "Modern Warfare"

-If you say so stick out tongue

-im suprised thats the only thing you have up your ass roll eyes (sarcastic)

Blax_Hydralisk
-FF is good

No it's not.

Two different types of FPS's trying to do different things. I found CoD4 to be boring as hell. erm

I do say so. 131

I think there might be some toilet paper in there too...

Dark-Jaxx
Yeah, for the record, Call of Duty 4 IS boring.

xNIXSONx
No it's not.

Two different types of FPS's trying to do different things. I found CoD4 to be boring as hell. erm

I do say so. 131

I think there might be some toilet paper in there too...

-umm yes it is

-btw, when i said halo could learn from cod4, that was a quote from Bungie's lead ai programmer

-kk

-you should look into charmin wink holds up better than the leading competitive brands

Blax_Hydralisk
-umm yes it is

No it's not.

Will we be going back and fourth all day like this?

So you mean the AI could, not the game?

I go with whatever is on sale. sad

Dark-Jaxx
I tryed to get into CoD4, my friends all liked to play it, but never really could, I can have some fun at multiplayer, but I generally enjoy Halo 3 much more. no expression

xNIXSONx
No it's not.

Will we be going back and fourth all day like this?

So you mean the AI could, not the game?

I go with whatever is on sale. sad

-it is, and sure

-well i meant the game in general but yaeh that works too roll eyes (sarcastic)

- stick out tongue

Blax_Hydralisk
-it is, and sure

No, damn it!

Well, you meant it. Considering the guy's just a lead AI developer... anything outside of the AI is out of his jurisdiction. So no, CoD4 isn't even close to being factually better then Halo 3.

Smasandian
I think its better.

But I dont think COD4 is that great. It's hectic, and online is pretty damn fun but if anybody has played any of the Call of Duty games, there exactly the same. Difference is the weapons.

The unlocking of guns for MP is very similiar to Battlefield 2's system, but with a few minor enhancements.

But I still think its better than Halo 3.

Blax_Hydralisk
You're certainly entitled to your opinion. Everyone is.

Same way I find Final Fantasy to be overrated and sucky, and CoD4 to be not as good as Halo 3.

Nemesis X
If CoD4 is better than Halo 3 then everything would be completely out of whack. It would screw up reality. Saying Call of Duty is better than Halo is like saying Supersmash Bros is better than Soul Calibur (please don't give me crap Nintendo fans).

xNIXSONx
k everyone is entitled to their own opinion, especially that ai programmer from Bungie

i like COD4 more than Halo tho, just my opinion

also i am not a fan of smash bros. never got into it even tho it sells like hotcakes

ESB -1138
If CoD4 is better than Halo 3 then everything would be completely out of whack. It would screw up reality. Saying Call of Duty is better than Halo is like saying Supersmash Bros is better than Soul Calibur (please don't give me crap Nintendo fans).

I say CoD4 is better then all the Halo games and Smash Bros is better then SoulCalibur. And for FF I found the series went downhill right around 7 and since then it hasn't been as good as it once was on the NES and SNES.

Smasandian

What the hell are you talking about?

Blax_Hydralisk
Ignore him, Smas.

Nemesis X
Halo 4 has been confirmed. Only that it's going to be made by the guys who made Brothers in Arms. I found the info on the Xbox magazine.

xNIXSONx
Halo 4 has been confirmed. Only that it's going to be made by the guys who made Brothers in Arms. I found the info on the Xbox magazine.

yeah, Gearbox, apparently they also were the ones were ported Halo to the PCs. and is Bros in Arms out yet or no? just wondering

BackFire
Hasn't quite been confirmed. A rumor at this point, but it seems likely. Gearbox has done sequels and expansions before when the original company had moved onto other things (they made the Half Life Expansion Opposing Force and they did the Halo PC port).

They're a talented bunch and I think they could actually make a number of improvements to the Halo formula that Bungie seems unable to alter for whatever reason. After all Opposing Force was damn near flawless.

Becci

Halo > COD
SSB > SC

Smasandian
Originally posted by BackFire
Hasn't quite been confirmed. A rumor at this point, but it seems likely. Gearbox has done sequels and expansions before when the original company had moved onto other things (they made the Half Life Expansion Opposing Force and they did the Halo PC port).

They're a talented bunch and I think they could actually make a number of improvements to the Halo formula that Bungie seems unable to alter for whatever reason. After all Opposing Force was damn near flawless.

It was.

Damn good game.

Halo for the PC played the same as the console versions so I cant see them screwing this up. It might be even better than before for the single player because I cant think Gearbox, brought up from the Valve way of things will not do generic level design.

The only thing that I worry about is that the MP might not be as good.

General G
Link for this confirmation?

TazzMission2023
let halo die already. the game is really over rated and it's gona end up being milked to death like the star wars films

Smasandian
Originally posted by General G
Link for this confirmation?

Its just a rumor.

Being a highly likely rumor though.

If anybody is going to do another Halo, Gearbox would be the likely suitors for it.

Becci
Originally posted by TazzMission2023
let halo die already. the game is really over rated and it's gona end up being milked to death like the star wars films

Over rated how?

TazzMission2023
Originally posted by Becci
Over rated how?

lets be real theres other great games than halo. a huge majority of so called gamers are still having a wet dream with the halo series. thats how its over rated. more of the gaming fan base is hooked on halo wile games like cod4 are getting less play

Becci
Maybe because the Halo games are, oh I dont know....

Good?

Mairuzu

Good? No

TazzMission2023

Good?

im not denying that they arent good but im saying most people have a hard on for that franchise. for instance my cousin plays halo 24/7 and i tried introducing him to new games but he keeps claiming halo is the best game ever made.

Becci
Originally posted by Mairuzu
No

I am quite certain I am not the only one liking the games.

Becci
Originally posted by TazzMission2023
im not denying that they arent good but im saying most people have a hard on for that franchise. for instance my cousin plays halo 24/7 and i tried introducing him to new games but he keeps claiming halo is the best game ever made.

Which makes him belong to the group known as 'extremists'. Far from all Halo fans are that hardcore.

TazzMission2023
Which makes him belong to the group known as 'extremists'. Far from all Halo fans are that hardcore.

thats why i say its over rated

Mairuzu
I am quite certain I am not the only one liking the games. Obviously

DarkC
There probably will be.

It just won't be called "Halo 4".

Nactous
I am quite certain I am not the only one liking the games.

Love the game, first ones the best though. M.M.W, they'll do to Halo what they did to Star Wars.

Nemesis X
Okay I've been reading a bunch of game magazines that came out last month and one of them said that Gearbox will make Halo 4. I think it sucks that it'll come out with the new Xbox because that won't be out in the public for a couple years.

NonSensi-Klown
It's not Halo 4, "technically".

It's ODST, which is an expansion pack.

Kinda like Halo 3.5.. or something.

ragesRemorse
Hopefully this expansion pack offers more gameplay than five hours.

NonSensi-Klown
Unfortunately that's probably not gonna happen.

I think this one should be zero multiplayer and all story though, just go all out with it.

Dark-Jaxx
A Halo game that focuses on te plot?

Blasphemy!

NonSensi-Klown
Eh, **** the plot.

I just meant single player.

Dark-Jaxx
Still blasphemy.

Nemesis X
Halo expansion pack? Are you talkin about Halo 3 Recon? That is totally not what I'm talking about here.

NonSensi-Klown
Oh.

Well, I'm gonna shut up then.

Dark-Jaxx
Ha.

Pwned.

Nemesis X
I wonder who the new bad guys will be since the Covenant and the Flood got their asses owned in Halo 3. Probably whatever will be on the mystery planet shown in the legendary ending.

Dark-Jaxx
Bob Dole?

4RX
Originally posted by General G
Bungie has said multiple times there will be NO Halo 4.ditto.

They're sticking to making games ABOUT the series, but 3 was the final chapter...

jalek moye
Originally posted by 4RX
ditto.

They're sticking to making games ABOUT the series, but 3 was the final chapter...
and thats the way the thing should be. its best with halo 3 at the end.

Nemesis X
Bungie only said there won't be a Halo 4 because they're not the ones making it. Gearbox is.

Gideon
Tbh, Halo 3 pissed me the eff off. It felt incredibly short and I didn't like how the Flood became the primary emphasis at the end. Yeah, I know that they're more dangerous than the Covenant, but to abandon the aliens completely to go after the zombies? Meh.

Nemesis X
I wonder why Gearbox is gonna put Halo 4 on the new Xbox instead of the 360.

Zack Fair
This is going to suck ass.

I refuse to play any Halo not made by Bungie. Well except Halo Wars since it isn't a FPS.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Zack Fair
This is going to suck ass. I refuse to play any Halo not made by Bungie

Are you serious? Gearbox made good games like the Brothers in Arms and Halo PC and you're saying that they will make a new Halo game suck ass?

Zack Fair
I don't like sounding like a stupid fanboy...but to me Bungie = Halo.

The ammount of love, dedication and care they have for their "precious" is unparalleled IMO.

DarkC
That does sound remarkably fanboyish, I've been with Halo ever since Combat Evolved came out for the original Xbox and I have no problem whatsoever with Gearbox taking it over.

The masterminds behind Counterstrike and Half-Life? Come on.

jalek moye
is it even confirmed that gearbox is making a halo 4?

Zack Fair
Originally posted by DarkC
That does sound remarkably fanboyish, I've been with Halo ever since Combat Evolved came out for the original Xbox and I have no problem whatsoever with Gearbox taking it over.

Lets see what happens. I get the feeling a lot of things will be lost in transition.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by jalek moye
is it even confirmed that gearbox is making a halo 4?

Hows about you read an official Xbox magazine for once?

jalek moye
Hows about you read an official Xbox magazine for once?

or how about you provide a link to an article that states it. or tell the the exact issue of a magazine

General G
A very sad linky:

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/08/25/oxm-rumor-gearbox-developing-halo-4-as-launch-title-for-next-xb/

What could it be about anyways? Bugie said a few times, "you won't just finish one fight, you are going to finish all the fights."

Either way, I actually have to agree with ZF, Bungie = Halo to me, I've been in it since Halo: CE, and Bungie is halo. Maybe a rental to me if it looks alright erm

jalek moye
doesn't that say it is a rumor.

I would think if they were making a halo game it wouldnt be a direct sequel but maybe somthing in the same "universe" plus doesnt bungie still own all the characters?

Nemesis X
When Bungie said "finish the fight", who's to say that Gearbox won't say "start the new fight"? Master Chief beating up a new race of aliens sounds fine by me as long as the story and gameplay is alright.

Final Blaxican
That would be redundant.

Nemesis X
Call of Duty is redundant but people don't give a crap.

Nactous
Originally posted by DarkC

Valve made Half-Life.

k1Lla441
They are going to make a halo 4, no matter what anyone says. It might be by gear box, bungie, whoever it is its going to be made. people are going to buy it, just because its halo. IMO halo is an extremely well done game, and i dont know why people are saying (halo 3) sucked. it may not have changed that much from halo 2, but why try to fix whats not broken?

Halo>>>>>> CoD
SSB>>>>>> SC

Final Blaxican
If Halo fans didn't overrate it so much people wouldn't diss it, it's in people's nature to hate the main stream. Halo is, imo, a great FPS that is perfect at what it does, but even I get agitated when some people say it's like, the greatest game ever.

Zack Fair
People should just ignore them. Halo isn't the only game with a huge rabid fanbase claiming its the greatest. It wasn't the first game to suffer from this and nor will it be the last.

jalek moye
Originally posted by k1Lla441
They are going to make a halo 4, no matter what anyone says. It might be by gear box, bungie, whoever it is its going to be made. people are going to buy it, just because its halo. IMO halo is an extremely well done game, and i dont know why people are saying (halo 3) sucked. it may not have changed that much from halo 2, but why try to fix whats not broken?

Halo>>>>>> CoD
SSB>>>>>> SC

just because somthing sells well doesnt mean they are gonna make a new part. After awhile the develppers want to work on somthing different

Zack Fair
Tell that to Capcom :P

jalek moye
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Tell that to Capcom :P

well thats because capcom has trouble coming up with new ideas

stick out tongue

Zack Fair
Touche

Nemesis X
Here's something interesting:
http://kotaku.com/5042782/why-all-this-gearbox-halo-4-talk-heres-why-maybe

It appears that the Director of Technology of Gearbox Software, Corrinne Yu, is now the Principle (Lead) Engine Architect of the Halo Franchise.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.