Mass Effect 2 finally has its release date!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
I was just browsing on the internet when suddenly on IGN.com, I found the release date.

Mass Effect 2
Release Date: December 31, 2009

What do you Mass Effect fans think?

Blax_Hydralisk
Can't wait for it. The first one was off the chain.

ragesRemorse
I prefer a new game, but yeah, i'll definitely play a sequel.

BackFire
I loved the original, the only game I ever played where as soon as I finished it I immediately started a new game and played it again.

Can't wait.

Peach
Link?

Article?

Anything like that stating this?

Also, 99.9% of the time when a release date is the first day or the last day of the month, it's not the real date.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Peach
Link?

Article?

Anything like that stating this?

Also, 99.9% of the time when a release date is the first day or the last day of the month, it's not the real date.

Lana's just raining on the parade because she (inhumanly) disliked ME1.

stick out tongue

...but seriously, co-sign. Do we have confirmation?

Utrigita
Very nice, though I'm looking more forward to Dragon Age: Origins

RocasAtoll
Bioware hasn't released a date yet. December 31st isn't Mass Effect 2's date. It'll be in the middle of 2010.

Morridini
31st of December sounds like a placeholder date.

xNIXSONx
i also like the original one, except the only characters i liked were Shepard, Garrus and Wrex o and that other human girl. didnt care much for the robot girl, the blue girl or anyone else.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by RocasAtoll
Bioware hasn't released a date yet. December 31st isn't Mass Effect 2's date. It'll be in the middle of 2010.

ta-da.

Nemesis X
2010? No frakkin way dude.

Just go to google and type Mass Effect 2 - IGN. That's what I did and I'm sure they tell real release dates.

DigiMark007
Read Lana's post. It's likely a placeholder. Sans screenshots and official statements, all we have is idle (and probably overly optimistic) speculation.

Peach
It's just about 100% guaranteed to be a placeholder date. As I said, if it's the first or last day of the month, then it's 99.9% a placeholder. Actual release dates for games are rarely set more than a few months before it's out.

And are you going to actually post up a link or article that says anyting about ME2 like I asked?

JKozzy
It's a placeholder. Nothing more, nothing less. December 31st? If that doesn't sound like a placeholder, I don't know what does.

Smasandian
It is probably a placeholder, but I wouldnt be surprised if the game came near that time.

It's been stated that Bioware made Mass Effect as a trilogy and they wanted the trilogy to be released during this generation of consoles so Dec 31 2009 isnt really far fetched.

Look at the second KOTOR, it was made a year later.

Look at the calendar for that month, 31st is a Thursday so it could possible happen. The only thing I could think of that goes against it is why they would release the game after Christmas.

But in the end, I wouldnt be surprised to see another Mass Effect next year during Christmas.

BackFire
Indeed.

Considering that they'll probably be simply reusing the same engine and a number of levels and areas, the development time will probably be somewhat short. That time sounds entirely reasonable and even likely. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

General Kaliero
Regardless of the year, you simply don't release games that soon after Christmas. The date is an obvious placeholder, and thus, there is no news.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.