Mr. Terrific vs. Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarlet315
I've tried searching for this but with no luck. Anyway mr. terrific is well terrific a genius from an early age, skilled in various martial arts, creating the patented t mask and t spheres. And then there is the bat, from creating all these great toys he has stored in his belt. perhaps the world's greatest detective, no pushover when it comes to the art of fighting. who takes it? Also if anyone can put who is smarter. I know for a fact that mr. terrific is the third smartest in the dc universe, so who is the other two. The question is though who would win with one day prep on the other, all standard equipment, in the streets? I personally think that Terrific got the win...

tkitna
I dont know for sure (somebody around here probably does), but i'd almost guess that one of those two people smarter than Terrific is Batman.

Bruce ftw

iceman24567
Originally posted by tkitna
I dont know for sure (somebody around here probably does), but i'd almost guess that one of those two people smarter than Terrific is Batman.

Bruce ftw I'm pretty sure Bruce is smarter but the thread starter is wrong he is the third smartest man on earth not smartest in the Universe. I would say as far as pure intellect goes Lex Luthor and Batman are 1 and 2.

batdude123
Batman and Mr. Terrific both have a ton of praise for their intelligence in the form of statements on panel. Batman on the other hand, has more impressive actual prep feats.

He'd take it.

Marvelknight
Batman.

spetznaz
Batman ....and let me explain why.

For one, in the physical aspect Batman is far superior (both in fighting ability as well as physique). While Mr. Terrific can lay the smackdown on your typical group of perps, Batman simply is better.

On the mental note they fill more or less the same role in their respective organizations (the JSA and the JLA), with each being the chief strategist and tactician in their respective positions. However, Batman has had higher feats in both tactics and strategy, although this could simply be due to greater writer focus on Batman (being one of the major DC characters) than on Terrific. I am certain that if Terrific got his monthly issue (or maybe a limited series like Richard Dragon got), then you would see some MAJOR level prep/stratagem/tactics (the guy is said to be the third smartest man in the world).

When it comes to technology Terrific has some really cool gadgets, which are so cool that Batman has 'borrowed' some of them. For instance during the JLA: Obsidian arc, Batman 'took' the T-Sphere technology from Terrific. Also note that during the Brother Eye arc the only character who could not be tracked was Terrific (he was absolutely invisible to all sorts of technology).

Anyways, the definitive answer can be derived by noting Terrific's reaction when he realized that Batman had 'taken' his T-Sphere technology ....the guy was basically so amazed he almost seemed like he would explode with joy.

That level of worship is only reserved for one's superiors .....Batman wins.

With that said, if writers gave Terrific a 10th of the time given to Batman, you would probably see some high level prep. Maybe not to the same level as Bats, but still bl@@dy impressive nonetheless.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by spetznaz
Batman ....and let me explain why.

For one, in the physical aspect Batman is far superior (both in fighting ability as well as physique). While Mr. Terrific can lay the smackdown on your typical group of perps, Batman simply is better.

On the mental note they fill more or less the same role in their respective organizations (the JSA and the JLA), with each being the chief strategist and tactician in their respective positions. However, Batman has had higher feats in both tactics and strategy, although this could simply be due to greater writer focus on Batman (being one of the major DC characters) than on Terrific. I am certain that if Terrific got his monthly issue (or maybe a limited series like Richard Dragon got), then you would see some MAJOR level prep/stratagem/tactics (the guy is said to be the third smartest man in the world).

When it comes to technology Terrific has some really cool gadgets, which are so cool that Batman has 'borrowed' some of them. For instance during the JLA: Obsidian arc, Batman 'took' the T-Sphere technology from Terrific. Also note that during the Brother Eye arc the only character who could not be tracked was Terrific (he was absolutely invisible to all sorts of technology).

Anyways, the definitive answer can be derived by noting Terrific's reaction when he realized that Batman had 'taken' his T-Sphere technology ....the guy was basically so amazed he almost seemed like he would explode with joy.

That level of worship is only reserved for one's superiors .....Batman wins.

With that said, if writers gave Terrific a 10th of the time given to Batman, you would probably see some high level prep. Maybe not to the same level as Bats, but still bl@@dy impressive nonetheless.
You speak the truth

carnage52
Originally posted by Marvelknight
Batman. hello marvel knight!where you been at?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Marvelknight
Batman.

Batman... Nice sig btw

Darth Martin
Michael Holt is an aweswome and bad*** character that deserves his own monthly. Intellectually I might put him above Wayne when it comes to tech. But Batman is ahead when it comes to tactical and battle smarts. Not to mention him being physically and martially superior. In a fist fight Batman would take it with some difficulty. With gadgets Batman may take it 6/10. With prep, now that could go either way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.