Could Capcom and Konami create the most horrific game ever?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
For years I have been playing Capcom's Resident Evil and Konami's Silent Hill. Both of these games have nearly scared me half to death and that shows how awesome these games are.

I'm wondering, if Capcom and Konami worked together, could they combine their horror game making talents together to create the worlds most horrific game ever made? I think so.

What do you guys think?

Menetnashté
Anything is possible, I don't think it gets any freakier than Silent Hill though.

DigiMark007
Most horrific game ever? Yes. They could remake Superman 64.

no expression

The Cap'n
Hell yes. Two kick-ass developers collaborating on a horror game would be the most awesomest thing ever.

WrathfulDwarf
Resident Metal Gear Evil II?

*dodges tomatoes throws*

GenomeFrozener
Silent Hill shits on Resident Evil in horror.
Nothing in RE have been scary, AT ALL.

Blax_Hydralisk
The Africans in RE:5 are kind of scary.

You can get AIDS. =O

Impediment
You crazy cracker. awesome

ragesRemorse
If this were to ever happen i envision a plot so convoluted that the developers don't even understand intertwined with a control scheme that is stiff and broken along with a disorienting camera system.

Dark-Jaxx
There has never been a truly frightening videogame IMO.

Impediment
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
There has never been a truly frightening videogame IMO.

One man's opinion.

Vampire Savior
Silent Hill has always been scarier (never got really scared by a VG but I can tell things are suposed to be scary) and RE has all ways played better or been more fun to play.

Wit both elements combined it could be great, it would never happen tho.

ragesRemorse
I always thought that they controlled the same. RE just focused more around action and inventory.

Neo Darkhalen
Please Silent Hill is much more horrifying then RES evil, RES can be fun but i never found it scary, Silent Hill on the other hand was the first game to ever truly scare me.

Nemesis X
How can Resident Evil not be scary? I can go down a dark hallway with no flashlight and get attacked by zombies I can't even see and that can put some scare in ya.

jaden101
Originally posted by GenomeFrozener

would have to disagree...cant remember if it was in 2 or 3...but up until a certain moment you always thought that once you were out of a room you were safe...until that big bastard came smashing through the wall for the 1st time...i nearly shit my pants

Smasandian
I thought the second game RE was pretty freaking scary.

But the scariest, well, thats gotta to be Alien VS Predator 2. Those ****ing facehuggers man......

ragesRemorse
Yeah, playing as the Marine in AvP 2 was intense.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by jaden101
would have to disagree...cant remember if it was in 2 or 3...but up until a certain moment you always thought that once you were out of a room you were safe...until that big bastard came smashing through the wall for the 1st time...i nearly shit my pants

Nemesis.

---

As for Silent Hill and Resident Evil's different takes on horror all I have to say is that Silent Hill is creepier, more psychological and disgusting. Resident Evil tends to be more gory and grotesque with jump out of your sit scares. I like them both, but Silent Hill disturbs me.

Raoul

the concrete corridor in the first RE game on playstation, where all you can see is jill and the ladder behind her, and you can hear the clicking/thud of the hunters as they close in on you...

and that damn music...

pretty messed up, iirc...

Zack Fair
Different approaches to scary.

I remember in RE2 when a licker crashed through a window in the police station. I think it was the interrogation room....it scared the living shit out of me.

Lord Knightfa11
i don't think i've ever played a game that was truly scarry. I remember being like 13 for morrowind and getting creeped out in dungeons and stuff and when i was a bit younger that invincible guy in "TIMELINE" scared the crap out of me. Now-adays, i don't play much that would scare me just because of the way that those games treated me as a kid.

I might get dead space though. I was under the impression that dead space compares with silent hill?

Nemesis X
Capcom can get good with it's horrors. One time in Outbreak File #2, some maniac popped out of nowhere and started swinging his axe at me and my friends. I kept blasting my shotgun at him for like seven times and he still came after me. Also in the first level, a friggin zombie elephant bursted through a wall and grabbed me by its trunk.

Darth Jello
nobody's brought up castlevania? The various incarnations of legion and the several levels throughout the games that are entirely composed of human corpses are pretty damn horrific. I'm especially thinking of the basement of the garibaldi temple in curse of darkness, the legion fight in symphony of the night, and the final battle in dawn of sorrow. I mean christ.

gogopanda

gogopanda
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
The Africans in RE:5 are kind of scary.

You can get AIDS. =O

ahahaha

Teenage Zombie Brain-Eating Turtles: Zombies in Time? :O

gogopanda
can't....delete....double...posting....sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.