W.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

=Tired Hiker=
OMG this is awesome! I can't wait to see how far over the edge of madness Oliver Stone takes this story.

cyDvUwRalXY

Robtard
You know, GW Bush seems like he would have been a fun party friend back in the younger days, an irresponsible asshat, but fun.

I don't have sound right now, does Brolin do a go interpretation of GW's unique vocabulary?

=Tired Hiker=
The only thing he says in the trailer is, "You wanna mess with me? Try it old man!."

So, in a way, yeah. LOL

ragesRemorse
i wonder if Stone will tell us anything we don't already know or give us another magic bullet.

MildPossession
Oliver Stone lately... meh. Hope he has picked up. Brolin does look amazing as Bush though!

ragesRemorse
lol yeah, it's very hard to forgive world trade center and alexander. Oh god, Alexander was SO bad.

jaden101
hahaha...another desperate cry for attention by Stone...another attempt at trying to be controversial...and another giant F stamped on his resume

BackFire
Looks like a comedy.

Toku King
God, not another Bush bashing film.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
i wonder if Stone will tell us anything we don't already know or give us another magic bullet. Originally posted by MildPossession
Oliver Stone lately... meh. Hope he has picked up. Brolin does look amazing as Bush though! Originally posted by ragesRemorse
lol yeah, it's very hard to forgive world trade center and alexander. Oh god, Alexander was SO bad. Originally posted by jaden101
hahaha...another desperate cry for attention by Stone...another attempt at trying to be controversial...and another giant F stamped on his resume Originally posted by BackFire
Looks like a comedy. Originally posted by Toku King
God, not another Bush bashing film.

Oh, I can't wait to see it.

Impediment
F*ck George W. Bush. I hope that this film parodies him. He is a joke.

There. My hat is in the political ring.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Impediment
F*ck George W. Bush. I hope that this film parodies him. He is a joke.

There. My hat is in the political ring.
You and me both, homes.

DeVi| D0do
That trailer is awesome. Totally didn't recognise Thandie Newton as Condoleezza Rice. Excellent cast. Looks like a return to form for Stone.

Myth
Hard to believe that is Dreyfuss. Doesn't really look like himself or Cheney, lol.

MildPossession
I didn't even notice that...

sithsaber408
Aww heck, even I'll be there to laugh at it. I hope it's a zinging satire of him, and not some stupid drama.

It is funny though: A former flunkie drunk became the most powerful man in the world. Guests it's true what they told us in school...ANYBODY can become president. stick out tongue

Robtard
Originally posted by sithsaber408

It is funny though: A former flunkie drunk became the most powerful man in the world. Guests it's true what they told us in school...ANYBODY can become president. stick out tongue

How it that funny considering the ramifications? It also tells you how pathetic our political system (the one that affects our lives) is by allowing cronyism at such a level.

Bardock42
Aww heck, even I'll be there to laugh at it. I hope it's a zinging satire of him, and not some stupid drama.

Haha, yeah, isn't that great? In Germany only people that know stuff and can lead a country can (yes, Hitler included). I sure wish our Redneck inbreds could have a go as well sometime sad

BruceSkywalker
This looks like total shiite. Never thought much of Josh Brloin as an actor. Never cared for G.W. Bush either.

Röland
I find it sad that he got elected not once, but twice.

BruceSkywalker

WrathfulDwarf
Oliver Stone is really trying very hard to be controversial these days. Poor guy, he now must pull Moore's ideas to get attention. Pity...

=Tired Hiker=
I think Oliver Stone should make a movie about his life and star in it as himself. Even when he's a five year old kindergartener in elementary school, he should still play himself. Even when he is a zit faced teenager, he should play himself. That would be awesome.

agphoenix
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I think Oliver Stone should make a movie about his life and star in it as himself. Even when he's a five year old kindergartener in elementary school, he should still play himself. Even when he is a zit faced teenager, he should play himself. That would be awesome.

LOL. Now THAT...

...you need to sell to him. If he bites...Oscars for him , and you and I split the box-office. I'll only take 25%. That cool? smile

OMG...AND people will want to know whether he portrays himself as a failed director at the end of the movie!!

You're freakin' brilliant. I mean WE...

Quiero Mota
I didn't like JFK or Nixon, but I'll still give this one a chance.

Devil King
Toby Jones is playing Rove. He was really good in Infamous. His portrayal of Truman Capote was 100 times better than Phillip Seymore Hoffman's, for which the latter won an oscar.

Robtard
Agreed, watched it recently on cable, he and Craig were great together.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by agphoenix
LOL. Now THAT...

...you need to sell to him. If he bites...Oscars for him , and you and I split the box-office. I'll only take 25%. That cool? smile

OMG...AND people will want to know whether he portrays himself as a failed director at the end of the movie!!

You're freakin' brilliant. I mean WE...

Sounds good, hey wait a minute . . . why would you get a cut of the money? Oh yeah, cuz you came up with the idea where . .. .. um . . . did you just Jedi wave me or something? confused

Impediment
Oliver Stone did a decent job with Natural Born Killers, however it pissed me off that he didn't use the alternate ending. It seemed so much more fitting. Discuss here if you wish.

=Tired Hiker=
Oliver Stone did a decent job with Natural Born Killers, however it pissed me off that he didn't use the alternate ending. It seemed so much more fitting. Discuss here if you wish.

Dude, how many times do I have to ask you to stop using my award winning hit threads to advertise your mediocre hardly used excuses for threads. big grin

Impediment
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Dude, how many times do I have to ask you to stop using my award winning hit threads to advertise your mediocre hardly used excuses for threads. big grin

hmm

When you stutter my name and tongue my ******************.

You figure out what the asterisks mean. yes

=Tired Hiker=
hmm

When you stutter my name and tongue my ******************.

You figure out what the asterisks mean. yes

Hmm, I'm having trouble doing so. Anyone else know an eighteen letter word for 'vagina'? hmm

Toku King
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
That trailer is awesome. Totally didn't recognise Thandie Newton as Condoleezza Rice. Excellent cast. Looks like a return to form for Stone.

How's it an excellent cast? Nobody looks like anybody there. This is just another rushed attempt to insult Bush and sound controversial.

moviebuff1084
wow i will be watching this.

FlappingMangera
I am going to check this out. Brolin alone is enough reason to see this I think.

SnakeEyes
I'll see this on DVD. Movies like this typically aren't my cup of tea. Also, I've never been too impressed by Oliver Stone. I enjoyed Platoon and that's about it. Definitely not one of those directors who makes movies that I have to see simply because they're making them. So for me, this'll be a rental.

Almighty Bauer
Why is Jack Bauer's evil dad playing George Bush, Sr.? That's ironic and strangely accurate...

Robtard
Originally posted by Toku King
How's it an excellent cast? Nobody looks like anybody there. This is just another rushed attempt to insult Bush and sound controversial.

So some make-up and prosthetics is more important than good acting? Odd.

Jim Colyer
This is a cartoon biopic from Oliver Stone and the Jews of Hollywood with the purpose of making Bush look bad on the eve of an election. Christianity is scoffed at. We are given the impression that America lost the war in Iraq and that W regrets his decision to invade. In fact, Bush said that he has no regrets about taking out Saddam although he does regret some of the tough talk at the outset. This film is more about how left-wing Democrats want things to be rather than how things really are. Stone should be thankful for American freedoms. Were he an Iraqi making a film like this about Saddam before 2003, he would have paid dearly.

MildPossession
Oh dear.

Impediment
Originally posted by Jim Colyer
This is a cartoon biopic from Oliver Stone and the Jews of Hollywood with the purpose of making Bush look bad on the eve of an election. Christianity is scoffed at. We are given the impression that America lost the war in Iraq and that W regrets his decision to invade. In fact, Bush said that he has no regrets about taking out Saddam although he does regret some of the tough talk at the outset. This film is more about how left-wing Democrats want things to be rather than how things really are. Stone should be thankful for American freedoms. Were he an Iraqi making a film like this about Saddam before 2003, he would have paid dearly.

1. Use the search function when making new threads.

2. Get the f*ck over it. Satire has been around long before film.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
lol yeah, it's very hard to forgive world trade center and alexander. Oh god, Alexander was SO bad.

Alexander was STONE??

Well he just dropped about a thousand points on my cool-o-meter. Because that's clearly the most important thing here.

On topic : can't wait to see this. It probably leans liberally, which is fine with me, but I just want to see this for its own sake. Making a "controversial" film about a president while he's in office... smile smile

Endrict Nuul

shit

=Tired Hiker=

Oliver Stone fought in Vietnam and was injured twice. During his 15 months of service there, he earned a Purple Heart with Oak Leaf Cluster and a Bronze Star, and YOU think HE should be thankful for his freedoms??????? He can basically make any movie he wants. I'd say he's reaping his freedoms for all they are worth, and rightfully so.

SpaceMonkey
Liking the Maximillian sig, Hiker!

Mr Parker

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
I didn't like JFK or Nixon, but I'll still give this one a chance.

Man those were easily his best movies ever.Very accurate and very well researched.I wish JFk was way off target,but sadly the majority of that film is dead on true.

Discos
I actually do want to see this, I loved Stone's portrayal of Nixon and JFK and wouldnt mind seeing what he is up to again.

Doubt I will get to see this in the cinema, really really busy for the next month.

Mr Parker
yeah Nixon and JFk were amazing films.They were very well researched and very accurate.I think though I would actually put Nixon behind the Doors though with the doors being my second favorite of his and Dick Nixon,third cause with the Dick Nixon movie,theres some other really interesting stuff out there about Nixon that stone knew about that he could have and SHOULD have put in the movie which is very important but he didnt.where JFK,he pretty much covered all the major important details that needed to be covered.JFK is easily my favorite film of his because ever since I saw it,I have never looked at the united states of america the way I used to.How bout you?

ragesRemorse
I liked this movie, more so than i had anticipated. It was a very different film than i had expected. There were no conspiracy theories, or focus on his more criticized decisions. It was George Bushs' story, simply told through his perspective. We see how everything George Bush ever did or said is justified through his eyes. I appreciate the angle that Stone took in telling this story. However, this is how we saw George Bush through his entire eight years of president. If it wasn't the media trying to justify Bushs' actions it was Bush himself giving an explanation. These excuses didn't matter, though, because the public was intelligent enough to look through the bullshit and see the idiocy in his decisions. So, although the movie is entertaining it was just more of the same to me. Here is a simple synopsis for the movie...,George Bush makes bad decisions because he aches for his fathers approval and also happens to be a royal idiot. See, nothing new. Again, i liked the angle but it was just to soon. Most of what is presented in this movie is fresh on people's minds.

Mr Parker
I finally saw this movie for the first time.not that good.while I was pleased with some of the things they did with it since sometimes it was accurate,many other times it wasnt.not at all a great movie like JFK and NIXON where THOSE movies were extremely accurate and what really happened,this one wasnt.at times it was but half the time it wasnt where with Nixon and JFK,pretty much everything that happened in those movies really did.Maybe since this one was only two hours long,this one felt like it was rushed.Could have been much much better.

moviefanatic04
I think this movie looks horrible

Mr Parker
well it is at times because like I said,in this film of stones,unlike JFK and NIXON,this one isnt accurate many times at what really happened.Its not a masterpiece at all like NIXON AND JFK were.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.