Wolverine (no claws) vs Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) [MA contest]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
They spar in a dojo to determine who is the better fighter. Wolverine will not be using his claws, and Cassandra Cain will not have any equipment. They will spar for one hour. At the end of that hour, unless one of them has been submitted or KOed, the winner will be determined based on the frequency and deadliness of the attacks landed. Who will be found to be the superior fighter?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/15530/403284-78912-wolverine_super.jpg vs http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/13925/294711-29988-batgirl_super.jpg

socool8520
I think it would be Cassandra wouldn't it? Can't she like dodge bullets and read your moves seven in advance. I've been told that Wolverine is only an aim dodger. Their MA skills seem pretty even but I don't think Wolverine is fast enough. The only way I see Wolvie weinning is if he outlatsts her do to his HF.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by socool8520
I've been told that Wolverine is only an aim dodger.

No he has enhanced reflexes.

socool8520
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
No he has enhanced reflexes.

Really cuz I tried to argue the point that he could dodge bullets on another forum and even used some of Jinzin's scans (didn't take credit for them I swear) and the general consensus there was that he was only dodge the shooters aim not the bullets due to the fact that it was not specifically shown. Since I just started reading comics again, i just figured they were more informed than I was.

carnage52
cain ftw.

psycho gundam
logan still has the added benefit of metal bones;

-each punch will be harder, he pretty much has brass knuckles

-his shins, elbows, and face are steel hard. punching his face repeatedly can hurt the puncher also.

-the bones special joints coupled with his healing factor kind of negate jujutsu joint locks.

socool8520
Originally posted by psycho gundam

-his shins, elbows, and face are steel hard. punching his face repeatedly can hurt the puncher also.

-the bones special joints coupled with his healing factor kind of negate jujutsu joint locks.

I thought she had advanced punching power and the like though, but I see your point. Also Wolverine should have knowledge of these styles too I would think. I still think his HF would let him outlast her for the win since I doubt he would ever tap out.

Harbinger
I think it would be Cassandra wouldn't it? Can't she like dodge bullets and read your moves seven in advance. I've been told that Wolverine is only an aim dodger. Their MA skills seem pretty even but I don't think Wolverine is fast enough. The only way I see Wolvie weinning is if he outlatsts her do to his HF.

I don't believe Cain has had the ability to read moves since she learned to speak.

socool8520
Originally posted by Harbinger
I don't believe Cain has had the ability to read moves since she learned to speak.

Why would she lose it?

Juk3n
5/5 for a sparring match - says gut,

Board Walker
im going with wolverine on this, cassandra is good, but not wolverine good.

horrorwolf
Wolverine. He has more experience, and more training.

socool8520
Originally posted by horrorwolf
Wolverine. He has more experience, and more training.

Wow. I'm suprised that so many people are saying Wolverine based on experience and training. On every other forum I've seen this thread on, they always give Cain the edge skill-wise.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by psycho gundam

Im pretty sure if she uses technique she won't hurt her hands.

Board Walker
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Im pretty sure if she uses technique she won't hurt her hands.

when his entire skeleton and joints are laced with metal, skill or not its going to hurt.

Locks and pressure points do no work on logan, his healing factor which is presently more powerful then ever, and the whole thing about logan constantly evolving both physically and being immortal, i doubt shes going to put him down.

Did they ever explain what they meant by "Logan can only die if he chooses to?"

Starscream M
Originally posted by Board Walker
i doubt shes going to put him down.

she doesn't have to in order to win

Board Walker
Originally posted by Starscream M
she doesn't have to in order to win

by put down i mean KO

Endrict Nuul
BG hits him and breaks her hand/feet.

TricksterPriest
Due to a retcon/rewrite, Logan's healing factor is back to normal levels. He can die again.

socool8520
when his entire skeleton and joints are laced with metal, skill or not its going to hurt.

Locks and pressure points do no work on logan, his healing factor which is presently more powerful then ever, and the whole thing about logan constantly evolving both physically and being immortal, i doubt shes going to put him down.

Did they ever explain what they meant by "Logan can only die if he chooses to?"

I thought they meant that if he chooses not to fight that guy he fights (the name is escaping me at the moment) with everytime he "dies". If he doesn't beat him then he dies I guess. And what's this about a rewrite?

DeathKap
Wow. I'm suprised that so many people are saying Wolverine based on experience and training. On every other forum I've seen this thread on, they always give Cain the edge skill-wise.
Hear we are smart big grin . Wolverine is one of the very best in martial arts. hes up theyre with captain america. He has far more experience. He beats her every time wink

xmarksthespot
Pfft. He wins because he has his healing factor.

Without it, 50/50.

DeathKap
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Pfft. He wins because he has his healing factor.

Without it, 50/50.
Is that so......
Whatever floats your boat dude

socool8520
Originally posted by DeathKap
Hear we are smart big grin . Wolverine is one of the very best in martial arts. hes up theyre with captain america. He has far more experience. He beats her every time wink

see on the other forum, the Cap gets the beat down as well. I think they have Cass, DD, Karate Kid, etc. not in that order though. Wolverine and Cap don't even make the top tier sad

DeathKap
see on the other forum, the Cap gets the beat down as well. I think they have Cass, DD, Karate Kid, etc. not in that order though. Wolverine and Cap don't even make the top tier sad
What? What the f**k? Um Cap is one of best man. I cant name someone better at ma. What forum u talkin bout?

DeathKap
Oh yeah and wolverine one of very best too. Especially with his claws. he takes on hulk. Who cant put him in top tier?

Board Walker
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Due to a retcon/rewrite, Logan's healing factor is back to normal levels. He can die again.

when did this happen, which issue so I can check it out?

xmarksthespot
Yes, Wolverine's skill is his key to fighting the Hulk. no expression

Wolverine is skilled.
Captain America is skilled.

That doesn't stop Cassandra Cain from being incredibly skilled herself. And one of the very very best in her respective company.

KK should stomp any of them.

DeathKap
when did this happen, which issue so I can check it out?
Yeah im disapointed at that sad Ive heard he can die from getting all his flesh taken off by fire or acid.

socool8520
What? What the f**k? Um Cap is one of best man. I cant name someone better at ma. What forum u talkin bout?

CBR Forums. They may have Cap at top-tier but I'm pretty sure he was next best where they also put Wolverine. I'm with you, I was under the impression that Cap was one of the best around.

Board Walker
Yeah im disapointed at that sad Ive heard he can die from getting all his flesh taken off by fire or acid.

impossible, he was entirely incinerated by nitro during the civil war tie ins, and he regenerated in seconds.

his healing factor has only increased over the years, not decreased, I need to see the issue numbers.

DeathKap
CBR Forums. They may have Cap at top-tier but I'm pretty sure he was next best where they also put Wolverine. I'm with you, I was under the impression that Cap was one of the best around.
Ahh CBR I rcently joined there and it sucks. Nobody knows anything!
KMC better. People hear are smart

socool8520

Wolverine is skilled.

That doesn't stop Cassandra Cain from being incredibly skilled herself. And one of the very very best in her respective company.

I hope I didn't come off as implying Cain and KK were punks in comparison. That is not the case. I mean KK is the best there is period from what I've seen. I was just saying that Wolvie and Cap were in the same league as at least Cain. Not KK though. I mean they pretty much had Logan under most MA's.

DeathKap
impossible, he was entirely incinerated by nitro during the civil war tie ins, and he regenerated in seconds.

his healing factor has only increased over the years, not decreased, I need to see the issue numbers. Im sorry ive only heard it, I dont have an issue number sad

socool8520

his healing factor has only increased over the years, not decreased, I need to see the issue numbers.

That's what I thought too. But i think his HF does vary a bit between writers though. i don't think it varies that greatly though.

socool8520
Ahh CBR I rcently joined there and it sucks. Nobody knows anything!
KMC better. People hear are smart

Yeah, I had a rather lengthy arguement about Logan's skills but pretty much everyone shot me down and you can't win if everyone's against you. laughing out loud

DeathKap

Wolverine is skilled.

Sorry for being unclear. I was just stateing that he was skilled and could also fight the hulk and was saying they should give him more respect on th other forum thats all.
She does kick butt. Hmm..... they both get 5/10

carnage52
What? What the f**k? Um Cap is one of best man. I cant name someone better at ma. What forum u talkin bout? cant name pople better at ma?let me list

shiva
karate kid
batman
prometheus
wolverine
batgirl
stick
elektra
daredevil

and many more.

DeathKap
Originally posted by carnage52
cant name pople better at ma?let me list

shiva
karate kid
batman
prometheus
wolverine
batgirl
stick
elektra
daredevil

and many more.
U call them better. I say same at least. Thats just my opinion.

DeathKap
im sure there is somone better than him. I just couldent name any at the moment.

TricksterPriest

shiva
karate kid
batman
prometheus
wolverine
batgirl
stick
elektra
daredevil

and many more.

Shiva=In contention for best MA on earth (not counting KK)
Karate Kid=Best MA of all time.
Batman=Better than Cap, but how much is up for debate.
Prometheus=Not a martial artist. His helmet makes him better than anyone here save KK, but it's technically a cheat, not pure skill.
Wolverine=not debating this one........
Batgirl=Assuming you mean Cassie, yes. Her body-reading trick is an incredible advantage.
Stick=Dunno.
Elektra=I hear she's good, but her TP and mysticism makes me question her overall skill.
Daredevil=Highly skilled, but not really better than Cap IMO. His powers are also a factor.

socool8520
Shiva=In contention for best MA on earth (not counting KK)
Karate Kid=Best MA of all time.
Batman=Better than Cap, but how much is up for debate.
Prometheus=Not a martial artist. His helmet makes him better than anyone here save KK, but it's technically a cheat, not pure skill.
Wolverine=not debating this one........
Batgirl=Assuming you mean Cassie, yes. Her body-reading trick is an incredible advantage.
Stick=Dunno.
Elektra=I hear she's good, but her TP and mysticism makes me question her overall skill.
Daredevil=Highly skilled, but not really better than Cap IMO. His powers are also a factor.

I may be wrong but didn't Cass fight Shiva and win? or if not to a stalemate?
I didn't think Batman was better than Cap as an MA but his skills do keep going up.
How many styles does DD know anyways? I thought it was only like three but of course he was highly skilled in those three.

jinzin
Really cuz I tried to argue the point that he could dodge bullets on another forum and even used some of Jinzin's scans (didn't take credit for them I swear) and the general consensus there was that he was only dodge the shooters aim not the bullets due to the fact that it was not specifically shown. Since I just started reading comics again, i just figured they were more informed than I was. You tell those people that that is absolute NONSENSE. Wolverine on panel has been stated has dodging bullets, by his own estimation as well as impartial narrative boxes. He's shown reacting to bullets during bullet time panels. Daredevil has used his radar sense to determine that Wolverine was dodging multiple bullets, Spiderman used his SS to determine that Wolverine was dodging lasers.

People who argue that Wolverine's only dodging the aim of attackers are either A) Trying to discredit Wolverine from something that EVERY street level hero can do even on the lowest end from Robin to Night Thrasher or B) Trying to rationalize how Logan keeps from being hit by bullets since him literally dodging them would be illogical... Which is dumb since logic goes out the window the moment you start subjecting yourself to a fictionalize media like comics.

jinzin
Due to a retcon/rewrite, Logan's healing factor is back to normal levels. He can die again. that's already been ignored in pretty much every Wolverine related story since the supposed retcon. confused

Starscream M
Originally posted by jinzin
You tell those people that that is absolute NONSENSE. yeah, cuz the great Jinzin said so...

xmarksthespot
yeah, cuz the great Jinzin said so... One wonders what someone hopes to accomplish by selectively quote someone, removing where they justify their opinion, then accusing them of having no real justification of their opinion. Besides of course looking rather stupid.

OneDumbG0
I think it would be Cassandra wouldn't it? Can't she like dodge bullets and read your moves seven in advance. I've been told that Wolverine is only an aim dodger. Their MA skills seem pretty even but I don't think Wolverine is fast enough. The only way I see Wolvie weinning is if he outlatsts her do to his HF. "Aim dodger" as opposed to "bullet dodger." I like the sound of that. The way this fight is set up, I'd take Cassandra for the slight majority.

Batgirl 6/10.

jinzin
One wonders what someone hopes to accomplish by selectively quote someone, removing where they justify their opinion, then accusing them of having no real justification of their opinion. Besides of course looking rather stupid. Lol... well when it concerns a question like this:

yeah, cuz the great Jinzin said so...

about Wolverine... a simple "yes" would have sufficed. big grin

carver9

shiva
karate kid
batman
prometheus
wolverine
batgirl
stick
elektra
daredevil

and many more.

The only person on that list that is better then wolverine is kk and thats it.

psycho gundam
One wonders what someone hopes to accomplish by selectively quote someone, removing where they justify their opinion, then accusing them of having no real justification of their opinion. Besides of course looking rather stupid. pwn-muddaf*ckin-age.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.