Pre-Beyonder vs. Thanos (THOTU)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Pre-Beyonder

vs.

Thanos
The Heart of The Universe

Stalemate or Who wins out right

People brings facts please and let's keep it clean, no bashing or I will report.

joesdabest1
Gonna go with Thanos here.

Astner
Stalemate--this have been done at least five times. All of them were locked.

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

occultdestroyer
Pre-Beyonder.
He's like the Mxy of Marvel Comics.

Dark-Jaxx
Stalemate. Two truly omnipotent characters fighting can only ever be a stalemate.

Mindset
Beyonder > Hotu imo

And my opinion is always right.

Galan007
Originally posted by Astner
Stalemate--this have been done at least five times. All of them were locked. as well they should be. smile

Bouboumaster
Thanos

raynorfenix
pre-retcon Beyonder easily

quanchi112
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Pre-Beyonder.
He's like the Mxy of Marvel Comics. A lot more powerful than Mxy imo. For one you cant depower Mxy with a simple spell.

Knowsbleed33
Plus Mxy is nothing in dimensions 6 and higher.

quanchi112
Originally posted by raynorfenix
pre-retcon Beyonder easily What makes you say this?

Astner
Originally posted by Mindset
Beyonder > Hotu imo

And my opinion is always right.
Apparently not. It's a stalemate. God before genesis, meaning that the beyond realm existed before the Marvel multiverse--which in comparison to the beyond realm was diminutive--against the supreme power of all creation.

Supreme of era x vs supreme of era y ends in a stalemate.

celestialdemon
Threads like these remind me of a George Carlin skit "My god has a bigger d*ck than your god."

psycho gundam
*calls the awol mr. master*

Mindset
Originally posted by Astner
Apparently not. It's a stalemate. God before genesis, meaning that the beyond realm existed before the Marvel multiverse--which in comparison to the beyond realm was diminutive--against the supreme power of all creation.

Supreme of era x vs supreme of era y ends in a stalemate.

I've never seen where Thanos was supreme beyond one universe though.

quanchi112
I've never seen where Thanos was supreme beyond one universe though. To defeat the Lt means you have to me more than universal imo.

Mindset
Originally posted by quanchi112
To defeat the Lt means you have to me more than universal imo.

But the LT employs M-bodies.

So does defeating one M-body make him Supreme through every universe?

Scathan was stronger than LT, some say it's pis, some say he had the TOAA backing him, but does that mean Scathan is a Supreme being?

w/e I don't really care either way since this fight has been done so many times. smile

quanchi112
But the LT employs M-bodies.

So does defeating one M-body make him Supreme through every universe?

Scathan was stronger than LT, some say it's pis, some say he had the TOAA backing him, but does that mean Scathan is a Supreme being?

w/e I don't really care either way since this fight has been done so many times. smile Thanos was described by the comic and the writer as supreme and god.

Prove that was an m-body.

Scathan never defeated the Lt but only muzzled Protege and then the Lt passed down judgment. Thanos however defeated the Lt, Eternity,Infinity,and a whole host of others simultaneously.

I could also use the m-body logic as to this Lt in the gotg book.

bbrem123
id say stalemate

raynorfenix
What makes you say this?

The Heart of the Universe made Thanos the almighty of a single universe, nothing more imo. Although Secret Wars I/II were pretty badly written stories, the pre-rc Beyonder was the top dog of the entire Multiverse.

quanchi112
The Heart of the Universe made Thanos the almighty of a single universe, nothing more imo. Although Secret Wars I/II were pretty badly written stories, the pre-rc Beyonder was the top dog of the entire Multiverse. How could he defeat the Lt if he were only universal?

bbrem123
nahh he wasnt universal....LT is multiversal and he was a cake walk for thanos

raynorfenix
That to me was PIS. I'd say that it was an LT m-body. Supposedly an m-body can have as much or as little power as its abstract allows. In this case, to me a universal embodiment cannot defeat an utterly Multiversal being so that to me says this LT m-body wasn't at Multiversal level.. not even close.

The nature and specifically the imperfection of the HOTU does not fit the TOAA definition imo. And as stated by the LT himself in GOTG #50, it is not possible to have an intermediate power between TOAA and LT, and HOTU is not TOAA then therefore the HOTU wielder cannot be more powerful than LT.

In the MvDC x-over. LT (or rather "an LT"wink was clinging onto one of the Brother's sword. Zoom out far enough (which we do in Adventures of the X-Men #12) and we would actually see the entire battle taking place on the palm of a more transcendent LT's hand. In this MU:TE case, if we were able to zoom out far enough we would have seen the events of MU:TE happen on the palm of LT's hand. just my 2 cents.

Board Walker
The Heart of the Universe made Thanos the almighty of a single universe, nothing more imo. Although Secret Wars I/II were pretty badly written stories, the pre-rc Beyonder was the top dog of the entire Multiverse.

Check out the bio of LT I think it was from two years ago, in LT's bio it states the HOTU took place in a specific universe, even gives the universe number IE how main marvel is 616.

fangirl101
The heart of the Universe doesnt' exist anymore and the Beyonder of Secret wars never existed.

Heart wins. At least it actually was in some other reality.

bbrem123
That to me was PIS. I'd say that it was an LT m-body. Supposedly an m-body can have as much or as little power as its abstract allows. In this case, to me a universal embodiment cannot defeat an utterly Multiversal being so that to me says this LT m-body wasn't at Multiversal level.. not even close.

The nature and specifically the imperfection of the HOTU does not fit the TOAA definition imo. And as stated by the LT himself in GOTG #50, it is not possible to have an intermediate power between TOAA and LT, and HOTU is not TOAA then therefore the HOTU wielder cannot be more powerful than LT.

In the MvDC x-over. LT (or rather "an LT"wink was clinging onto one of the Brother's sword. Zoom out far enough (which we do in Adventures of the X-Men #12) and we would actually see the entire battle taking place on the palm of a more transcendent LT's hand. In this MU:TE case, if we were able to zoom out far enough we would have seen the events of MU:TE happen on the palm of LT's hand. just my 2 cents.

yea but after everything was absorbed that in the universe...dont u think the LT would have blocked off the universe or something so thanos could not got any more powerful

quanchi112
Originally posted by fangirl101
The heart of the Universe doesnt' exist anymore and the Beyonder of Secret wars never existed.

Heart wins. At least it actually was in some other reality. What does it matter if they dont exist anymore? For the purposes of this thread they exist.

It was never proven that it was in some other reality. Thats an internet myth. The comics say otherwise.

quanchi112

In the MvDC x-over. LT (or rather "an LT"wink was clinging onto one of the Brother's sword. Zoom out far enough (which we do in Adventures of the X-Men #12) and we would actually see the entire battle taking place on the palm of a more transcendent LT's hand. In this MU:TE case, if we were able to zoom out far enough we would have seen the events of MU:TE happen on the palm of LT's hand. just my 2 cents. What proof do you have that it was an mbody?

Board Walker
What proof do you have that it was an mbody?

Its in the LT's bio, by marvel, that it was a single universe, what more proof do you need?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Board Walker
Its in the LT's bio, by marvel, that it was a single universe, what more proof do you need? Post the scan.

Board Walker
Post the scan.

ill contact Galactic storm, he has it, ill ask him to post it here.

raynorfenix
What proof do you have that it was an mbody?

A universal being (my reasons for believing him to be such, i've already outlined above, in addition to it also being in the actual name) instantaneously absorbs a Multiversal being of the highest order. The latter however has been to shown to use m-bodies. Since the scenario itself (universal absorbs Multiversal instanteously) is illogical, it can therefore be concluded that what was absorbed wasn't actually Multiversal but a much much lesser-powered manifestation.

celestialdemon
A universal being (my reasons for believing him to be such, i've already outlined above, in addition to it also being in the actual name) instantaneously absorbs a Multiversal being of the highest order. The latter however has been to shown to use m-bodies. Since the scenario itself (universal absorbs Multiversal instanteously) is illogical, it can therefore be concluded that what was absorbed wasn't actually Multiversal but a much much lesser-powered manifestation.

And why would the real LT not interfere to stop the imbalance Thanos was creating by absorbing everything?

raynorfenix
Originally posted by bbrem123
yea but after everything was absorbed that in the universe...dont u think the LT would have blocked off the universe or something so thanos could not got any more powerful

Blocking-off universes is not the only sentence the tribunal hands out. Besides i doubt he needed to. IIRC it was only intra-universal balance at stake. Once Thanos had absorbed Eternity that took care of the imbalance of having two supreme beings in the same sphere. LT's motives are unfathomable to all others (including Eternity) so how he hands out rulings and sentences is completely up to him.

raynorfenix
Originally posted by celestialdemon
And why would the real LT not interfere to stop the imbalance Thanos was creating by absorbing everything?

Other than the LT manifestation that he did absorb (whose level of power is still in dispute), logically speaking, EVERYTHING that thanos absorbed was already a part of himself. Absorbing them was just a formality.

celestialdemon
Blocking-off universes is not the only sentence the tribunal hands out. Besides i doubt he needed to. IIRC it was only intra-universal balance at stake. Once Thanos had absorbed Eternity that took care of the imbalance of having two supreme beings in the same sphere. LT's motives are unfathomable to all others (including Eternity) so how he hands out rulings and sentences is completely up to him.

Other than the LT manifestation that he did absorb (whose level of power is still in dispute), logically speaking, EVERYTHING that thanos absorbed was already a part of himself. Absorbing them was just a formality.

The LT has also interfered when it came to Zom, Slorioth, Nebulos, Korvac, and Ereshkigal. None of them creating a two supreme being imbalance.

Unless there is proof that the LT that showed up was a M-body, we have to go with him being the real deal. As far as I know, it hasn't been retconned yet.

bbrem123

he handed no sentence....if he didnt want to stop thanos u would not have seen any sign of him there....and does it even say it was an m-body??

cuz it not y would u think it was one

all i see was LT getting absorbed by thanos

raynorfenix
The LT has also interfered when it came to Zom, Slorioth, Nebulos, Korvac, and Ereshkigal. None of them creating a two supreme being imbalance.

I was talking about THIS specific instance. I never said that having two-supreme beings is the only imbalance possible.

Unless there is proof that the LT that showed up was a M-body, we have to go with him being the real deal. As far as I know, it hasn't been retconned yet.

Yes but we can use what has come before to make sense of what has happened. Otherwise we can just throw logic (even if it is just comicbook logic) out the window. Hey Thanos is one of my favorite characters but im still yet to be convinced the HOTU gave him trans-LT power.

raynorfenix
he handed no sentence....

that was a response to your "block-off" comment.

if he didnt want to stop thanos u would not have seen any sign of him there

It seems to me it all ended well.

....and does it even say it was an m-body??

cuz it not y would u think it was one

all i see was LT getting absorbed by thanos

I've already given a reason as to why i believe it to be an m-body.

razor4life
these God vs. God matches are so stupid. When a characters power is the ability to virtually do anything vs. another person with similar powers how is that a match?

h1a8
It's my understanding that Thanos had TOAA's power. Wasn't it stated that TOAA planned all along to give Thanos his power for a purpose?

quanchi112
A universal being (my reasons for believing him to be such, i've already outlined above, in addition to it also being in the actual name) instantaneously absorbs a Multiversal being of the highest order. The latter however has been to shown to use m-bodies. Since the scenario itself (universal absorbs Multiversal instanteously) is illogical, it can therefore be concluded that what was absorbed wasn't actually Multiversal but a much much lesser-powered manifestation. Omnireality was used. Thanos was supreme. This was backed by the writer and by Thanos own series. Supreme means you answer to no one and he did just that.

Unless you have proof this is just your opinion. I have scans that prove my case while you do not. That sums it up imo.

quanchi112
Originally posted by razor4life
these God vs. God matches are so stupid. When a characters power is the ability to virtually do anything vs. another person with similar powers how is that a match? Again saying how stupid a thread is isnt productive its called spam.

Air Legend
Thread already made...by me. And mine has a poll yay.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=460217

fangirl101
Originally posted by h1a8
It's my understanding that Thanos had TOAA's power. Wasn't it stated that TOAA planned all along to give Thanos his power for a purpose?
All of the power and non of the authority equals what? Someone less than TOAA.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Air Legend
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=460217

You win!

raynorfenix
Omnireality was used. Thanos was supreme. This was backed by the writer and by Thanos own series. Supreme means you answer to no one and he did just that.

Unless you have proof this is just your opinion. I have scans that prove my case while you do not. That sums it up imo.

Thanos has used the words "Supreme," "Almighty," and "God" to describe his ascendance in the past. Althroughout this series, the word "universe" was repeated over and over. I have scans of those. The "omni-reality" that Thanos mentions would then obviously be all-reality of this universe. The setting was but this one singular universe. Him being able to absorb LT was completely PIS imo. Thanos never became Multiversally Omnipotent (i.e. no flaws, nothing logically possible being impossible, etc) with the necessary corollary of being Multiversally Omniscient (i.e. no being surprised, or confused, or any of that jazz) so i won't concede the point. Until then imo all his use of the words "Almighty," "Supreme," and "God" are but relative designations relegated to a single reality (or technically all the realities--"omni-reality"--within a single universe). Jim Starlin is one of my fave cosmic writers of all time (up there with Gru, Kaminski, Englehart, and recently Griffen) but he hasn't written anything good or thought-provoking since Warlock Chronicles imo. Those were issues that actually make you think about what makes the cosmos tick.

I am aware of Thanos' reference of The End event in his own series. Sure, when considered in a vacuum, this series (even with that mention in his own series) gives the impression that HOTU made Thanos utterly Supreme. But that is not the metric by which continuity is measured imo.

Board Walker
Thanos has used the words "Supreme," "Almighty," and "God" to describe his ascendance in the past. Althroughout this series, the word "universe" was repeated over and over. I have scans of those. The "omni-reality" that Thanos mentions would then obviously be all-reality of this universe. The setting was but this one singular universe. Him being able to absorb LT was completely PIS imo. Thanos never became Multiversally Omnipotent (i.e. no flaws, nothing logically possible being impossible, etc) with the necessary corollary of being Multiversally Omniscient (i.e. no being surprised, or confused, or any of that jazz) so i won't concede the point. Until then imo all his use of the words "Almighty," "Supreme," and "God" are but relative designations relegated to a single reality (or technically all the realities--"omni-reality"--within a single universe). Jim Starlin is one of my fave cosmic writers of all time (up there with Gru, Kaminski, Englehart, and recently Griffen) but he hasn't written anything good or thought-provoking since Warlock Chronicles imo. Those were issues that actually make you think about what makes the cosmos tick.

I am aware of Thanos' reference of The End event in his own series. Sure, when considered in a vacuum, this series (even with that mention in his own series) gives the impression that HOTU made Thanos utterly Supreme. But that is not the metric by which continuity is measured imo.

LT's bio that year, by marvel, states it was a single universe that "The End" series happened in, even names the universe number. I know GS has it, but i dont think hes awake at the moment.

Astner
LT's bio that year, by marvel, states it was a single universe that "The End" series happened in, even names the universe number. I know GS has it, but i dont think hes awake at the moment.
First off you shouldn't go around posting the same kind of crap over and over and then state that there's a delay on the evidence. We all know that you could hit the search function--and if GalacticStorm had posted what you claim he has--then you should be able to copy and paste it right of the bat.

If you read the End you'll notice that Doom travels back and forth in time (more or less), entering different time-lines, also known as universes within the multiverse.

Atzela's realm, or universe is not part of the same multiverse as the one Thanos erased, why? Because it didn't share the same big bang. Atzela created it from scratch.

Now if you are willing to prove whatever you want to prove then use the search function. It help me find posts and scans all the time, so that I can use them (obviously giving credit to the original poster) in debates on other forums. I wouldn't even dream of leaching off Galan007's or Mr Master's nuts in PM just to get an explanation I know I can already find posted.

basilisk

I don't know if this is the reference you mean, but in the OHMU 2006 A-Z #1, the entry on Akhenaten describes the events in "Marvel Universe: The End" as having taken place in "the Earth-4321 reality" and not 616. It then states that "at least some of Earth-4321's events may have occurred in the Earth-616 reality, but the extent of this duplication remains unrevealed".

Always thought that the possibility of different "Supreme" beings in different universes was odd - how could they all be supreme? Are they really just supreme within their reality? It's like when the Infinity Gauntlet was said to be "supreme" and omnipotent, and the gems came from the "supreme being", but later we saw several other versions of the IG in What If alternate realities. Are they all "supreme" and "omnipotent" over all the omni/multiverse? How would that work?

Thanos has used the words "Supreme," "Almighty," and "God" to describe his ascendance in the past. Althroughout this series, the word "universe" was repeated over and over. I have scans of those. The "omni-reality" that Thanos mentions would then obviously be all-reality of this universe. The setting was but this one singular universe. ... Until then imo all his use of the words "Almighty," "Supreme," and "God" are but relative designations relegated to a single reality (or technically all the realities--"omni-reality"--within a single universe).

I tend to agree based on what is said in Starlin's various storylines, and what Marvel says in the OHMU.

And anyway I was always swayed by the argument that Thanos was shown to be neither omniscient (there were gaps in his knowledge) or omnipotent (he admitted that there things he could not do even with his power), and therefore not truly = TOAA.

Jim Starlin ... he hasn't written anything good or thought-provoking since Warlock Chronicles imo. Those were issues that actually make you think about what makes the cosmos tick.

I agree. Most of his stuff after the first Warlock chronicles tended to retread the same things over and over.

Utrigita
Thanos with Heart of the Universe for the win.

GalacticStorm
Thanos only actually destroyed a universe within "The End"
The point is stated on panel and within the handbooks.

Here's a discussion on the matter:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=431793&pagenumber=1

GalacticStorm
I see you up there Leo.

Just giving your past thread some props.

That was a good discussion lol

GalacticStorm
Within The End, Thanos absorbed all he deemed a threat to his reign.

As you can see below, he absorbs all around him until there is nothing left but a void:

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/3/6315491053.jpg

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/3/6315491025.jpg

Some people despite being given no statement of confirmation, chose to interpret this scene as Thanos absorbing all of the multiverse.

a) because LT was absorbed

b) because everything went black.

Well if you visit the thread i've placed a link to in my last post you will see that LT makes use of M Bodies. That is how he is in every reality he wishes to be in simultaneously.

With regards to everything being black. Well Thanos absorbed all beings and matter within the universe so that would be the case.

The fact that Adam Warlock appears from another dimension within the multiverse completely unscathed is further confirmation:

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/3/6315491037.jpg

The two characters talk of how Adam missed the end of the universe whilst he was tending to the cosmic anchor of that reality Atleza.

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/2/5716541621.jpg

The reason Adam travelled to confront Thanos was because Thanos had destroyed that single reality thereby ending Atlezas role.

Off panel they discuss the events that transpired, with Thanos saying on panel "and that is how the universe came to an end"

After Thanos fixed everything, Adam Warlock talked of how he could sense "the universe resuming its former glory"

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/2/5716541663.jpg

GalacticStorm
This should be enough to confirm it was just that reality Thanos absorbed. With no reference to absorbing the entire multiverse, then that multiversal theory is unjustified.

Thanos claiming to be one with the "omni reality" doesnt change the fact that he went on to absorb just the universe. Thats people just making assumptions about the implications of that statement.

Thanos absorbing LT doesn't confirm that he absorbed the multiverse. LT has been shown to use M bodies in the past. For all we know Thanos just absorbed LT's representation within that reality.

LT is a conceptual entity, therefore he must use M bodies to represent himself in any single reality.

fangirl101
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
This should be enough to confirm it was just that reality Thanos absorbed. With no reference to absorbing the entire multiverse, then that multiversal theory is unjustified.

Thanos claiming to be one with the "omni reality" doesnt change the fact that he went on to absorb just the universe. Thats people just making assumptions about the implications of that statement.

Thanos absorbing LT doesn't confirm that he absorbed the multiverse. LT has been shown to use M bodies in the past. For all we know Thanos just absorbed LT's representation within that reality.

LT is a conceptual entity, therefore he must use M bodies to represent himself in any single reality.
Indeed. There is one problem with the LT being an M-Body theory. When the aspects of his face have already been defeated within a single reality, that would automatically defeat the M-body of that reality correct?

Mindset
Indeed. There is one problem with the LT being an M-Body theory. When the aspects of his face have already been defeated within a single reality, that would automatically defeat the M-body of that reality correct?

What?

fangirl101
What?

If the LT of any reality is merely the combination of the three main aspects, and the aspects themselves fall, then what need is there to defeat the Mbody of that reality? It's faces have already fallen.

GalacticStorm

I know it was suggested that characters like Stranger, Galactus and so on represented the parts of his face in Silver Surfer Volume 3, however that was never verified as canon.

Juntai
What? That's what I was thinking, verbatim.

Juntai
btw, Hi GS.

fangirl101
I know it was suggested that characters like Stranger, Galactus and so on represented the parts of his face in Silver Surfer Volume 3, however that was never verified as canon.

Ah Ok. I got you. I have never thought the end was canon to the 616. But I do wonder about infinity. I've never seen any multiversal representations of her or any other representations of her outside of the 616. Can you explain how she is in this story?

GalacticStorm
Ah Ok. I got you. I have never thought the end was canon to the 616. But I do wonder about infinity. I've never seen any multiversal representations of her or any other representations of her outside of the 616. Can you explain how she is in this story?

Because you've never seen any alternate reality mentions of her doesn't equate to there not being any within Marvel.

What connects the realities of Marvel, making them a multiverse is a common, cosmic hierarchical structure.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Juntai
That's what I was thinking, verbatim.

He was talking about the theory that Galactus, Eternity and Stranger i believe(could be wrong) represent the faces of LT.

So he was saying if they were defeated, wouldnt that mean the LT mbody was automatically defeated. So he was questioning the whole M Body idea.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Juntai
btw, Hi GS.

Hey! wink

Mindset
He was talking about the theory that Galactus, Eternity and Stranger i believe(could be wrong) represent the faces of LT.

So he was saying if they were defeated, wouldnt that mean the LT mbody was automatically defeated. So he was questioning the whole M Body idea.

But if that were true than LT wouldn't have been able to over power an IG wielder, which he can.

fangirl101
But if that were true than LT wouldn't have been able to over power an IG wielder, which he can.
Maybe the whole is far greater than the sum of it's parts.

GalacticStorm

Exactly.

It was a sily theory anyway, because the golden figure is a representation itself, so its a bit over the top for it to have its own representations.

Mindset

If you are saying the whole is LT and the parts are Eternity, etc. then of course the whole is greater than its parts.

GalacticStorm

In which case, why question the M Body theory because Thanos defeated what you thought were LT's representations?

fangirl101
If you are saying the whole is LT and the parts are Eternity, etc. then of course the whole is greater than its parts.
No. Not just greater than it's parts, but greater than the Sum of it's part. kinda like how the infinity guantlet is far more powerful than the sum of it's gems.

fangirl101
In which case, why question the M Body theory because Thanos defeated what you thought were LT's representations?

Exactly. How can he the respresentations be defeated and leave the whole. It makes me think that One can never defeat the Lt. Unless He's defeated at the conceptual level. the physical absorbtion of the mbody means nothing as long as warlock was still alive. Becuz he knew the concepts, which means they still existed somewhere. inlcuding the Lt.

GalacticStorm
Exactly. How can he the respresentations be defeated and leave the whole. It makes me think that One can never defeat the Lt. Unless He's defeated at the conceptual level. the physical absorbtion of the mbody means nothing as long as warlock was still alive. Becuz he knew the concepts, which means they still existed somewhere. inlcuding the Lt.

You're overlooking the fact that Thanos ony absorbed one reality and LT is a multiversal entity, so the reference to the concept still existing within Adam doesn't add up.

Board Walker

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=431793&pagenumber=1

Ha! I told everyone I wasn't lying, thanks for helping me out GS! smile

quanchi112

I am aware of Thanos' reference of The End event in his own series. Sure, when considered in a vacuum, this series (even with that mention in his own series) gives the impression that HOTU made Thanos utterly Supreme. But that is not the metric by which continuity is measured imo. Its canon not pis. He was confirmed as supreme in the summary of the comic here.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/TheEnd06-02_Tato.jpg

Here is also further proof that eternity acknowledges that Thanos was now omnipotent and that he surrender his supreme power. So the front of the comic agrees with me,as does Thanos,as does Starlin,as does Eternity.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/marveltheend5kebbin14-2.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/marveltheend5kebbin15-2.jpg

quanchi112

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=431793&pagenumber=1 how could a universal being destroy Lt and the rest with ease if he were only universal? To me it makes no sense and destroys this whole theory imo.

quanchi112
Ah Ok. I got you. I have never thought the end was canon to the 616. But I do wonder about infinity. I've never seen any multiversal representations of her or any other representations of her outside of the 616. Can you explain how she is in this story? it is canon to 616 it was referenced in Thanos own series.

quanchi112

LT is a conceptual entity, therefore he must use M bodies to represent himself in any single reality. Why would the Lt ge involved or his hands dirty if this were only a universal affair? Also there is no proof that this was an m-body. None whatsoever so how can you prove it?

h1a8
All of the power and non of the authority equals what? Someone less than TOAA.

Was TOAA>PreBeyonder too?
If so then Thanos=PreBeyonder.

bbrem123
thanos even says "what madness had the almighty, choosing me for such a task" and later goes not to say " everything the almighty was i am now'

and the almightys power is not universal

Board Walker
Why would the Lt ge involved or his hands dirty if this were only a universal affair? Also there is no proof that this was an m-body. None whatsoever so how can you prove it?

As you like to say so very often quanchi, if its not stated directly on panel, that he was multiversal, show me where it says the words, the exact words that he had multiversal power.

Just as you argue all the time that smp is not faster then light because it doesnt say he is.

The bio of LT, the comic summary by marvel, all by cannon state, it was purely a single universe.

Deal with it.

Board Walker
thanos even says "what madness had the almighty, choosing me for such a task" and later goes not to say " everything the almighty was i am now'

and the almightys power is not universal

Doesn't matter if you think the almighty is universal or not, according to marvel it was a single universe.

quanchi112
As you like to say so very often quanchi, if its not stated directly on panel, that he was multiversal, show me where it says the words, the exact words that he had multiversal power.

Just as you argue all the time that smp is not faster then light because it doesnt say he is.

The bio of LT, the comic summary by marvel, all by cannon state, it was purely a single universe.

Deal with it. Thanos defeated the Lt who is multiversal. Doesnt matter if it took place in one single universe or not. He was still supreme and still powerful enough to crush the Lt.

Now unless otherwise stated that was the real Lt. Deal with it as you say.

Board Walker
Thanos defeated the Lt who is multiversal. Doesnt matter if it took place in one single universe or not. He was still supreme and still powerful enough to crush the Lt.

Now unless otherwise stated that was the real Lt. Deal with it as you say.

LT's been defeated by scathan, was scathan multiversal? No.

LT couldnt beat Korvac, was korvac multiversal? No.

It doesn't take multiversal power to beat LT.

Doesn't matter if it was the whole LT, or just an M-body, point stands, the HOTU was purely universal, no matter how much you may argue it what it comes down is that Marvel statement > fan interpretation.

I know more about marvels statements and comic bios then you do, you didnt even believe the bios and statements I referenced to were real, until the scans proved you wrong.

celestialdemon
LT's been defeated by scathan, was scathan multiversal? No.

False. Scathan never fought the LT.

LT couldnt beat Korvac, was korvac multiversal? No.

The LT didn't directly attack Korvac with his own power.

It doesn't take multiversal power to beat LT.

Name one that has beaten him that wasn't multiversal.

quanchi112

Name one that has beaten him that wasn't multiversal. Beat me to it. He is spreading a lot of misinformation.

Also Lt clearly called the Protege a multiversal threat in the very story he is referring to. wink

bbrem123
Doesn't matter if you think the almighty is universal or not, according to marvel it was a single universe.

he only wanted to fix one universe...that has nothing to do with it

he beat multiversal powers and his powers r the same as the almighty

hmmm i wonder who the almighty is

Board Walker

Name one that has beaten him that wasn't multiversal.

1. Scathan defied LT

2. LT directly stated on panel, that he used his most powerful attack, and it did nothing to korvan, try again please.

Board Walker
Beat me to it. He is spreading a lot of misinformation.

Also Lt clearly called the Protege a multiversal threat in the very story he is referring to. wink

You keep saying I spread false information, then the scans are posted and Im proven right, and you are shown wrong.

1. You called me a liar that marvel never stated it happened in one unvierse

2. You called me liar that it wasnt in LTs bio that thanos with the HOTU only effected one universe.

3. You called me a liar that SMP with his suit was at his weakest, which soon again, you will be shown wrong when the DC statement is posted.

celestialdemon
1. Scathan defied LT

Where did he defy him? Scathan the Celestial never did anything like that.

2. LT directly stated on panel, that he used his most powerful attack, and it did nothing to korvan, try again please.

We have since seen the LT do FAR more powerful attacks than just making a star go supernova.

Board Walker
Where did he defy him? Scathan the Celestial never did anything like that.

We have since seen the LT do FAR more powerful attacks than just making a star go supernova.

Its on panel, on panel cannon > fan interpretation.

Fact stands, LT used his most powerful attack and was unable to defeat scathan, who was not multiversal.

SO before you go and call some one a liar, back it up.

celestialdemon
Its on panel, on panel cannon > fan interpretation.

Fact stands, LT used his most powerful attack and was unable to defeat scathan, who was not multiversal.

SO before you go and call some one a liar, back it up.

The LT has stood up to the IG and even negated one of it's attacks easily. That's the same IG that easily owned the universe in question. Oh yeah, and that happened AFTER the Korvac event. Again, the LT has shown far more power than making a star go supernova.

And I suggest you get your facts straight before making claims. The fact is Scathan never defied the LT. They were going against Protege.

Board Walker
The LT has stood up to the IG and even negated one of it's attacks easily. That's the same IG that easily owned the universe in question. Oh yeah, and that happened AFTER the Korvac event. Again, the LT has shown far more power than making a star go supernova.

The fact is, that korvac stood up the LT, and the LT could do nothing, he left in defeat.

Thats the point.

The heart of the universe power give to Thanos, was stated by marvel, to have happened in a single universe, nothing more.

Thanos was shown in the End series that he absorbed everything that was, and is, and their was nothing left for him to absorb, he was at his limit, this is stated on panel, their was no where left for him to go.

Marvel stated, the company, in the comic summary, and in the LT's bio, that it was all one singular universe.

According to marvel from their official statement, its universal, nothing more.

Marvel > fan interpretation.

Board Walker

And I suggest you get your facts straight before making claims. The fact is Scathan never defied the LT. They were going against Protege.

reread the comic, scathan did stand up to the LT.

bbrem123
The fact is, that korvac stood up the LT, and the LT could do nothing, he left in defeat.

Thats the point.

The heart of the universe power give to Thanos, was stated by marvel, to have happened in a single universe, nothing more.

Thanos was shown in the End series that he absorbed everything that was, and is, and their was nothing left for him to absorb, he was at his limit, this is stated on panel, their was no where left for him to go.

Marvel stated, the company, in the comic summary, and in the LT's bio, that it was all one singular universe.

he had no reason to go any further then that one universe...he only wanted to fix it...doesnt mean it was jsut a universal power, thats just what u think

celestialdemon
reread the comic, scathan did stand up to the LT.

I have read it. Show me where Scathan stands up and defies the LT.

quanchi112
You keep saying I spread false information, then the scans are posted and Im proven right, and you are shown wrong.

1. You called me a liar that marvel never stated it happened in one unvierse

2. You called me liar that it wasnt in LTs bio that thanos with the HOTU only effected one universe.

3. You called me a liar that SMP with his suit was at his weakest, which soon again, you will be shown wrong when the DC statement is posted. When did I call you a liar?

Thanos was supreme and was above Lt who is the judge of the multiverse. Pretty simple actually imo.

I never called you a liar in fact I never even rendered my opinion I simply asked for proof.

quanchi112
he had no reason to go any further then that one universe...he only wanted to fix it...doesnt mean it was jsut a universal power, thats just what u think I agree that boardwalker is using his opinion as factual when its anything but imo.

celestialdemon

Thats the point.

And this is the only time that the LT has ever been shown to use an attack like this and to be that weak. All of his other showings represent him as the most powerful being in Marvel. Not to mention it was in a What If... issue. That sound like PIS to you?

It was also stated on panel by Thanos and Eternity that the power Thanos possessed was that of the Almighty. Even after Thanos absorbed Eternity and Infinity (which comprise the universe), Thanos himself stated that he kept expanding to absorb more. If he absorbed everything in the universe, what else was left?

Astner
The writers/TOAA (non-fictional) > Manifestation of TOAA (fictional, as dipicted in Spider-man #40) = Heart (fictional) = Classic Beyonder (fictional)

the Darkone
Korvac never fought LT only in What IF, other than that it never happened what did happen LT sealed Korvac universe from the rest of the multiverse.

raynorfenix
Its canon not pis. He was confirmed as supreme in the summary of the comic here.

I've already addressed this "supreme power" argument so we're going in circles. So ok i'll say it again. Yes, Thanos was supreme power.. of a single universe. That's pretty apparent althroughout the series as evidenced by the use of the word "universe" repeatedly throughout the series plus as is self-evident in the designation for the power itself: "Heart of the UNIVERSE." I could quote all those instances, but seeing as how we read the same story i doubt it'd make you rethink your position.

Oh and Eternity isn't just the embodiment of the prime material plane ("the visible" 3d positive-matter universe) you know. In Warlock Chronicles #3 written by Starlin himself, Eternity/Infinity tells Adam Warlock:

"The machinations of your feminine self hold no interest to us Adam Warlock... blah blah blah.. our realm is forever, and we cannot be overly preoccupied by any one aspect of our reality. We are all.. blah blah.. Before you stands the embodiment of actuality. We may exist in myriad fashions and over the millenia have. so do not pester us with matters of little import, for unlike ourselves, our patience is not without limits!"

There's your omni-reality right there.

Eternity/Infinity uses the exact same words to describe itself as Thanos did in describing his HOTU-derived supremacy. E/I is a universal power.

Oh and canon and PIS aren't mutually exclusive imo. LT getting absorbed happened but it shouldn't have that's why it's PIS. That's the very nature of PIS. People shouldn't site them but they do. That feat doesn't hold up to the test of continuity. Heck, it doesn't even hold up to the test of continuity within its own story.

Here is also further proof that eternity acknowledges that Thanos was now omnipotent and that he surrender his supreme power. So the front of the comic agrees with me,as does Thanos,as does Starlin,as does Eternity.

I don't disagree with those scans. I disagree with your interpretation of them. I've already stated why Thanos with HOTU isn't TOAA-level Omnipotent (as well as not being TOAA-level Omniscient). And yes he was supreme power, but only of this one singular universe.. so yeah Thanos, Starlin, and Eternity agrees with me too. I was pretty underwhelmed by Thanos' "omnipotence" and his "omniscience," i mean Eternity once told Dr. Strange (written by Roy Thomas):

"I demand silence in my universe not because i need the respect of mortals--but because i already know all they could possibly tell me."

I didn't quite get that same level of awe with respect to the HOTU-Thanos that i did with that Eternity.. so it'd be too much of a stretch to attribute TOAA-level supreme power to the HOTU. You say Thanos was an utterly Multiversal Supreme Power. But that doesn't quite hold up since he couldn't even easily fix the flaw in the 616 universe which is just one single universe. The reason he had to sweat to fix a universal flaw was because he only had universal power.

raynorfenix
how could a universal being destroy Lt and the rest with ease if he were only universal? To me it makes no sense and destroys this whole theory imo.

It couldn't that's y it's PIS. I've already shown the Heart of the Universe only provided universal power. All the limitations of its supposed supremacy, omnipotence, and omniscience point to a power that is far, far, far from being a Multiversal Power. So the theory that it absorbed a full-powered LT makes no sense imo.

Board Walker
And this is the only time that the LT has ever been shown to use an attack like this and to be that weak. All of his other showings represent him as the most powerful being in Marvel. Not to mention it was in a What If... issue. That sound like PIS to you?

It was also stated on panel by Thanos and Eternity that the power Thanos possessed was that of the Almighty. Even after Thanos absorbed Eternity and Infinity (which comprise the universe), Thanos himself stated that he kept expanding to absorb more. If he absorbed everything in the universe, what else was left?

He absorbed everything in that single universe, there was nothing left, it says this in the comic itself. Yeah he couldn't go any further, it also says that in the comic, he hit a dead end, a limitation, it was a single universe.

Yes he had supreme power, of a single universe, its stated by marvel, in the lt's bio, in the comic summary.

Regardless of how you spin it, it was a single universe.

Yeah he absorbed LT, an m-body, that or the LT is extremely weak.

Also it was shown in the comics, that every single what if, every single reality, is a universe, its all part of the omniverse, so yes what ifs count.

quanchi112
It couldn't that's y it's PIS. I've already shown the Heart of the Universe only provided universal power. All the limitations of its supposed supremacy, omnipotence, and omniscience point to a power that is far, far, far from being a Multiversal Power. So the theory that it absorbed a full-powered LT makes no sense imo. Maybe because Thanos only chose to fix the one universe. Not that he couldnt affect others but that merely he didnt.

Unless you can prove that wasnt the real Lt then we must take it at face value friend.

quanchi112
I've already addressed this "supreme power" argument so we're going in circles. So ok i'll say it again. Yes, Thanos was supreme power.. of a single universe. That's pretty apparent althroughout the series as evidenced by the use of the word "universe" repeatedly throughout the series plus as is self-evident in the designation for the power itself: "Heart of the UNIVERSE." I could quote all those instances, but seeing as how we read the same story i doubt it'd make you rethink your position.

Oh and Eternity isn't just the embodiment of the prime material plane ("the visible" 3d positive-matter universe) you know. In Warlock Chronicles #3 written by Starlin himself, Eternity/Infinity tells Adam Warlock:

"The machinations of your feminine self hold no interest to us Adam Warlock... blah blah blah.. our realm is forever, and we cannot be overly preoccupied by any one aspect of our reality. We are all.. blah blah.. Before you stands the embodiment of actuality. We may exist in myriad fashions and over the millenia have. so do not pester us with matters of little import, for unlike ourselves, our patience is not without limits!"

There's your omni-reality right there.

Eternity/Infinity uses the exact same words to describe itself as Thanos did in describing his HOTU-derived supremacy. E/I is a universal power.

Oh and canon and PIS aren't mutually exclusive imo. LT getting absorbed happened but it shouldn't have that's why it's PIS. That's the very nature of PIS. People shouldn't site them but they do. That feat doesn't hold up to the test of continuity. Heck, it doesn't even hold up to the test of continuity within its own story.

I don't disagree with those scans. I disagree with your interpretation of them. I've already stated why Thanos with HOTU isn't TOAA-level Omnipotent (as well as not being TOAA-level Omniscient). And yes he was supreme power, but only of this one singular universe.. so yeah Thanos, Starlin, and Eternity agrees with me too. I was pretty underwhelmed by Thanos' "omnipotence" and his "omniscience," i mean Eternity once told Dr. Strange (written by Roy Thomas):

"I demand silence in my universe not because i need the respect of mortals--but because i already know all they could possibly tell me."

I didn't quite get that same level of awe with respect to the HOTU-Thanos that i did with that Eternity.. so it'd be too much of a stretch to attribute TOAA-level supreme power to the HOTU. You say Thanos was an utterly Multiversal Supreme Power. But that doesn't quite hold up since he couldn't even easily fix the flaw in the 616 universe which is just one single universe. The reason he had to sweat to fix a universal flaw was because he only had universal power. Again to defeat the Lt requires that you be a mulitversal threat at the very least imo. Until proven otherwise we have Thanos easily defeating the judge of the known multiverse and he did it with ease.

My interpretation is dead on imo. You keep blabbing about him at best being only universal when on panel we see him destroying the multiversal judge quite easily. So while Thanos only had to fix a universal flaw that doesnt mean he wasnt multiversal in scope of power because as I said he dominated the Lt on panel.

big grin

celestialdemon
He absorbed everything in that single universe, there was nothing left, it says this in the comic itself. Yeah he couldn't go any further, it also says that in the comic, he hit a dead end, a limitation, it was a single universe.

Yes he had supreme power, of a single universe, its stated by marvel, in the lt's bio, in the comic summary.

Regardless of how you spin it, it was a single universe.

Yeah he absorbed LT, an m-body, that or the LT is extremely weak.

Also it was shown in the comics, that every single what if, every single reality, is a universe, its all part of the omniverse, so yes what ifs count.

By absorbing Eternity and Infinity, he absorbed the universe, because they make up the universe. AFTER he absorbs them, he states there might be others out there to challenge his authority, so he continues to absorb more. What else could there be in the universe if he already absorbed it completely?

I know that the What If comics count, but there is such a thing as PIS. If one showing is inconsistent with all the other showings of a character, then the one showing is PIS. All of the LT's other showings have demonstrated far greater power than the Korvac incident. Therefore this one incident can be called PIS. Simple.

raynorfenix
Again to defeat the Lt requires that you be a mulitversal threat at the very least imo. Until proven otherwise we have Thanos easily defeating the judge of the known multiverse and he did it with ease.

Had LT not been shown to have been absorbed by Thanos, i don't think you would believe the HOTU to have been a Multiversal power. I have shown that for the duration of the story up until that point, Thanos was shown to only have universal power. The LT-absorbing feat is inconsistent within the story itself (and continuity at large) which is why i call it PIS, but then it seems to be a huge reason why you consider the HOTU to be Multiversal. Everything points to the HOTU being universal except for this one sore-thumb feat. Thanos struggles in vain to fix a universal flaw, shows fallibility even on a universal level, and shows a lack of omniscience, then next thing you know he casually absorbs an utterly Multiversal being? if that's not PIS then I don't know what is.

My interpretation is dead on imo. You keep blabbing about him at best being only universal when on panel we see him destroying the multiversal judge quite easily. So while Thanos only had to fix a universal flaw that doesnt mean he wasnt multiversal in scope of power because as I said he dominated the Lt on panel.
big grin

I don't believe ur interpretation is dead on.. it's flawed imo. Again that feat seems to be a humongous reason why you consider HOTU to be Multiversal. If not for that i doubt you would say the HOTU was Multiversal, beacause everything else points to the universal scope of the HOTU. If the HOTU-empowered Thanos struggles so hard with the affairs of one solitary universe then what hope has he of ruling an entire Multiverse full of an infinite number of universes each of which is just as massive as that single one? The answer is he can't, which is why he could not possibly have been Multiversal, which is why that feat was PIS

Endless Mike
If you ask me, the Beyonder's weakness was his knowledge, he wasn't really omniscient and could be tricked and outsmarted. A sufficiently intelligent human with no other powers could probably talk him into killing himself.

quanchi112
Had LT not been shown to have been absorbed by Thanos, i don't think you would believe the HOTU to have been a Multiversal power. I have shown that for the duration of the story up until that point, Thanos was shown to only have universal power. The LT-absorbing feat is inconsistent within the story itself (and continuity at large) which is why i call it PIS, but then it seems to be a huge reason why you consider the HOTU to be Multiversal. Everything points to the HOTU being universal except for this one sore-thumb feat. Thanos struggles in vain to fix a universal flaw, shows fallibility even on a universal level, and shows a lack of omniscience, then next thing you know he casually absorbs an utterly Multiversal being? if that's not PIS then I don't know what is.

I don't believe ur interpretation is dead on.. it's flawed imo. Again that feat seems to be a humongous reason why you consider HOTU to be Multiversal. If not for that i doubt you would say the HOTU was Multiversal, beacause everything else points to the universal scope of the HOTU. If the HOTU-empowered Thanos struggles so hard with the affairs of one solitary universe then what hope has he of ruling an entire Multiverse full of an infinite number of universes each of which is just as massive as that single one? The answer is he can't, which is why he could not possibly have been Multiversal, which is why that feat was PIS Again Thanos only affected the universe itself but demonstrated multiversal destroying powers when he easily absorbed Lt.

With my theory you dont have to disregard any of the story. Imo posters who claim something doesnt add up usually themselves personally dont like it.

Prove it was an Lt m-body or else concede?

raynorfenix
Again Thanos only affected the universe itself but demonstrated multiversal destroying powers when he easily absorbed Lt.

With my theory you dont have to disregard any of the story. Imo posters who claim something doesnt add up usually themselves personally dont like it.

Prove it was an Lt m-body or else concede?

On the contrary, with my theory i take 99.99999999% of the story at face value and disregard (i prefer the word "rationalize" but that's just sematics at this point) ONE panel that doesn't quite fit. Your theory requires disregarding the rest of the story and exalt that ONE single solitary panel above all others.

I believe the story itself proves that the LT was absorbed was far from being the utterly Multiversal Power that the LT has been established to be. So no concession here.

quanchi112
On the contrary, with my theory i take 99.99999999% of the story at face value and disregard (i prefer the word "rationalize" but that's just sematics at this point) ONE panel that doesn't quite fit. Your theory requires disregarding the rest of the story and exalt that ONE single solitary panel above all others.

I believe the story itself proves that the LT was absorbed was far from being the utterly Multiversal Power that the LT has been established to be. So no concession here. I take the story as it is 100 percent and change nothing. you on the other hand have no proof and its just your opinion while I have proof Thanos dominated the Lt on panel. You dont have to concede but the comic backs me up not you.

Again just because Thanos only fixed the universal flaw it doesnt mean he couldnt affect and defeat multiversal powers. I mean he did it on panel. There is no rationalizing here they told us what happened.

Badabing
Originally posted by Air Legend
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=460217 Warned for reporting a quote of yourself to prove this is a duplicate thread. uhuh

J/K stick out tongue

Closed....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.