Martian Manhunter Vs Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
Who wins?

juggernaut66666
mm

Soleran
Sentry of course, of course.

Big Sexy
a jobber versus an unknown cool

galan7777777
MM's telepathy and intangibility should come out on top, and sentry has yet to live up to all his hype

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by galan7777777
MM's telepathy and intangibility should come out on top, and sentry has yet to live up to all his hype

True.

marvelprince
If we go by what has been said, then Sentry. If we go by whats been shown then MM.

Sentry does have some impressive feats under his belt, but they still pale in comparison to J'onzz. Plus MM has a lot more to chose from

batdude123
Originally posted by marvelprince
If we go by what has been said, then Sentry. If we go by whats been shown then MM.

Sentry does have some impressive feats under his belt, but they still pale in comparison to J'onzz. Plus MM has a lot more to chose from

Bingo.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by marvelprince

Sentry has stalemated Galactus no expression

galan7777777
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Sentry has stalemated Galactus no expression when? scans please...

juggernaut66666
when? scans please...
spiderman said it

Soleran
Sentry pimp smacked IM down like it was nothing.

Broke Terrax's axe and hand like they were toys.

Ripped Carnage in half

I don't know for a "good guy" Sentry has some good showings and he's brutal.

batdude123
when? scans please...

There aren't any. That's just the hype.

batdude123
Originally posted by Soleran

Ripped Carnage in half

So? no expression

juggernaut66666

Ripped Carnage in half

these are nearly not enough to take mm down

galan7777777
Originally posted by batdude123
There aren't any. That's just the hype. ok thats what i thought, untill i see actual scans of sentry stalemating big g then MM wins, he has done much more on pannel

galan7777777

Ripped Carnage in half

I don't know for a "good guy" Sentry has some good showings and he's brutal. thats all fine and dandy untill sentry is mind-raped

Soleran
So? no expression

Stand back son.

Please the only thing MM knows how to do is lose this will be no different.

Sentry (power of a million exploding suns) is taking the victory here.

Not gonna happen, not gona happen.

batdude123
Stand back son.

crylaugh

galan7777777
Stand back son.

Not gonna happen, not gona happen. question? how would sentry avoid MM's telepathy?, and also how can sentry touch MM? he can be intangible

Soleran
question? how would sentry avoid MM's telepathy?, and also how can sentry touch MM? he can be intangible

Who says he needs to avoid the Telepathy? I mean it's not like anyone so far has done jack to Sentry with TP.

batdude123
Sentry 10/10. ermm

Soleran
You're right Batdude123, Power of a million exploding suns, game set and match.

galan7777777
Who says he needs to avoid the Telepathy? I mean it's not like anyone so far has done jack to Sentry with TP. cause he hasnt fought ne1 on MM's level

marvelprince
Who says he needs to avoid the Telepathy? I mean it's not like anyone so far has done jack to Sentry with TP.

Wasn't it Mastermind who f*cked up his mind in the first place?

Soleran
Yeah it's not like Dr Strange didn't get jacked by Sentry, oh wait he did.

MM will get scraped off Sentry's boots.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Sentry is not that great. I can name ten toons non abstract who would kick sentry into next year.

juggernaut66666

dr strange is a master f H2H fights no expression

Soleran
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Sentry is not that great. I can name ten toons non abstract who would kick sentry into next year.

So what MM isnt' going to be on that list and in this fight that's all that matters.

Sentry wins this easily.

juggernaut66666
So what MM isnt' going to be on that list and in this fight that's all that matters.

Sentry wins this easily.
wacko

Soleran
How many guys do you know of in comics that can walk up to Dr. Strange and knock him sideways?

Sentry can

batdude123
How many guys do you know of in comics that can walk up to Dr. Strange and knock him sideways?

Sentry can

If Sentry can, Superman can. no expression HOW ABOUT THEM APPLES!!! Happy Dance

Big Sexy
If Sentry can, Superman can. no expression HOW ABOUT THEM APPLES!!! Happy Dance laughing

Soleran
If Sentry can, Superman can. no expression HOW ABOUT THEM APPLES!!! Happy Dance

I hate apples

Lets keep Superman out of this thread ok it's MM vs Sentry and so far it isn't looking good for MM.

juggernaut66666
I hate apples

Lets keep Superman out of this thread ok it's MM vs Sentry and so far it isn't looking good for MM.
neither for Sentry

batdude123
Martian Manhunter>nutkick<Sentry

smile

Soleran
I just hope MM gets a kiss like The Void did when Sentry was throwing him into the sun.

Big Sexy
I just hope MM gets a kiss like The Void did when Sentry was throwing him into the sun. Molest is never the answer.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I just hope MM gets a kiss like The Void did when Sentry was throwing him into the sun.

MM has powers we haven't even seen yet. Sentry is to green to deal MM any majority of wins. A good shot of Invisability, intangibility, and Mind Raping would pretty much be all that MM needs. He can add in super speed and shape change to that of a flyor something. Sentry wouldn't even be able to hit a superfast, invisible, intangible, mind raping fly.

Soleran
Yeah um did you see the last comic with Green Martians they were getting whacked by humans with guns. So much for durability and such, Sentry is going to smack poor MM all around.

UniOmni
Too bad Sentry is also a telepath.

Mindraping isn't a sure thing.

Best bet, but not a sure thing.

Though imo, MM is more interesting than all the Superman clones, and the original too.

juggernaut66666
runlfrun

Soleran
I don't know I like Sentry because well he has lots of powers and he isn't afraid to bust out and hurt folks with itsmile

Sentry is going to bust up MM just like all the other fights MM gets torn up in.

Big Sexy
runlfrun The twins win

tkitna
I have a feeling that after Civil War, everybody on this board that voted for MM will change their mind.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Big Sexy
The twins win
yes
RUN B!TCH RUN!!!!!!!!Originally posted by juggernaut66666
runlfrun

Soleran
Originally posted by tkitna
I have a feeling that after Civil War, everybody on this board that voted for MM will change their mind.

I have a feeling that after they think about what I wrote they'll be changing their minds.

It only makes sense Sentry is winning 9/10.

marvelprince
How does it make sense again? Sentry is impressive but lacks the feats MM has been showing for years.

juggernaut66666
I have a feeling that after they think about what I wrote they'll be changing their minds.

It only makes sense Sentry is losing 9/10.

Soleran
not very clever or original.

Sentry crush's the GreenCone head.

juggernaut66666
not very clever or original.

Sentry gets crushed by the GreenCone head.

Soleran
Sentry gets another win on the boards.

juggernaut66666
Sentry gets another loss on the boards.

Soleran
Sentry gets another win on the boards.

Validus
Originally posted by UniOmni

Though imo, MM is more interesting than all the Superman clones, and the original too.
I never really considered J'onn a Superman clone. Suppose he is though.

batdude123

J'onn is not more interesting than Superman. no expression

Soleran
yes

Validus
Meh

Anyone reading the new J'onn series? Hopefully they retcon it all after it's done. sick

Soleran
What the fact that lasers are killing green martians?

UniOmni

Yeah he is, imo.

He's like Superman, but even more alone.

To fit in truely, he'd have to hide his true face.

His brother is responsible for the death of his race.

I could dedicate years worth of writing to Jonn' on Mar alone, before i even get to him on Earth.

batdude123
Yeah he is, imo.

He's like Superman, but even more alone.

To fit in truely, he'd have to hide his true face.

His brother is responsible for the death of his race.

I could dedicate years worth of writing to Jonn' on Mar alone, before i even get to him on Earth.

A depressed Martian isn't more interesting than Supes.

Validus
What the fact that lasers are killing green martians?
The fact that it's ass. It feels like this guy has never read an MM story in his life.

UniOmni
A depressed Martian isn't more interesting than Supes.

Hence why i added the acronym of imo roll eyes (sarcastic)

Don't be a dick, Batdick sick

batdude123
Hence why i added the acronym of imo roll eyes (sarcastic)

You suck. sad

Validus
Yeah, I'll handle the dickery on this forum.

Soleran
Yes and Green Martians aren't that badass in that comic.

UniOmni
Course. They all died years ago.

Soleran

not really

marvelprince

I agree. J'onn may have had some potential before but he does nothing for me. He just fades in the background around other characters and has nothing that really distinguishes him. And I am sooo tired of him feeling sorry for himself. Maybe if he finally gets over his whole "I'm alone, I can't fit in here" thing then maybe he can go somewhere. All imo btw

newyorkcares
dude,i have to agree with galan7777777.Sentry has the "power of 1000000 exploding suns, "but from what ive seen(which are a majority of his appearances) he's demonstrated the power of about 2. He is a coolcharacter, but he is not living up to his hype, not even close,and I think Manhunter would take him out.

complexbrother
Sentry would beat MM like a red headed stepchild.

Powers ...

The Sentry's powers derive from a serum that moves his molecules an instant ahead of the current timeline, although he also absorbs solar radiation for strength. Though most of his powers and their limits are unknown, he displays several abilities similar to those of DC's Superman, including super-strength, super-speed, invulnerability, flight and enhanced senses. According to the Sentry, while in New York City, he can "hear a butterfly's heartbeat in Africa," though this could be hyperbole. He can project energy fields and control light, and he has vast mental powers used primarily for holding his physical form together. Additionally, he was able to implant his memories inside another person's mind. He is also shown twice (Sentry #8 and New Avengers #20) throwing enemies into the sun. He also emits a radiation that pacifies the Hulk.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/s/sentry.htm

King_Mungi

No, there are some still alive appearing in the Manhunter mini

Darth Martin
MM ftw.

bigbran
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
MM has powers we haven't even seen yet. He's been around, for how many decades??
eek!

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by complexbrother
Sentry would beat MM like a red headed stepchild.

Powers ...

The Sentry's powers derive from a serum that moves his molecules an instant ahead of the current timeline, although he also absorbs solar radiation for strength. Though most of his powers and their limits are unknown, he displays several abilities similar to those of DC's Superman, including super-strength, super-speed, invulnerability, flight and enhanced senses. According to the Sentry, while in New York City, he can "hear a butterfly's heartbeat in Africa," though this could be hyperbole. He can project energy fields and control light, and he has vast mental powers used primarily for holding his physical form together. Additionally, he was able to implant his memories inside another person's mind. He is also shown twice (Sentry #8 and New Avengers #20) throwing enemies into the sun. He also emits a radiation that pacifies the Hulk.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/s/sentry.htm
I don't think most of that can harm an intangible martian.
Though, by the sounds of it, he's powerful enough to take out Superman.
But, J'onn is just to versatile. He has tons of powers, which range in every direction. And, if most of Sentry's mental strength is used to hold his form together, I don't think it's powerful enough to combat J'onn

Mr. Universe
sentry

Juntai
Originally posted by Validus
Meh

Anyone reading the new J'onn series? Hopefully they retcon it all after it's done. sick I've been reading it. I don't like the idea that there's other martians, but I'm really glad he's got his own mini. He'll get a moment of shine, I think. I really think that adding other martians was a bad idea, lol.

Juntai
What the fact that lasers are killing green martians? Weapons made specifically to harm their Martian physiology based of Martian tech. Nothing really to be ashamed of.

outavodka
Do you think MM would beat, let alone stalemate Genis?

DigiMark007
You guys are forgetting Sentry actually displayed some telepathy powers on the Hulk early in his career. It might not be MM level, but I think it's reasonable to assume Sentry could block a telepathic assault.

Then it's just a brawl. And J'onn is screwed there.

batdude123
Originally posted by DigiMark007
You guys are forgetting Sentry actually displayed some telepathy powers on the Hulk early in his career. It might not be MM level, but I think it's reasonable to assume Sentry could block a telepathic assault.

Then it's just a brawl. And J'onn is screwed there.

No he isn't. Why? Because he isn't just a brawler w/ telepathy.

Soleran
Originally posted by Juntai
Weapons made specifically to harm their Martian physiology based of Martian tech. Nothing really to be ashamed of.

Dude, its just sad they are exceptional telepaths with Superspeed and a whole number of abilities and they are being killed that way, lame.

Sentry blasts a "special" laser through MM here and whacks, Sentry owns him!

juggernaut66666
Dude, its just sad they are exceptional telepaths with Superspeed and a whole number of abilities and they are being killed that way, lame.

Sentry blasts a "special" laser through MM here and whacks, Sentry owns him!
that post just made no sense no expression

Soleran
that post just made no sense no expression

Read it backwards it was a special mssg meant for Brittany Spears.

Sentry destroys MM.

juggernaut66666
Read it backwards it was a special mssg meant for Brittany Spears.

Sentry destroys MM.
I don't think that Britney will go to bed with you

batdude123
I don't think that Britney will go to bed with you

Not until he gets a few beers in her at least. ermm

rotiart
Dude, if she'd go to bed with Keven Federline...

darthgoober
ninja

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by darthgoober
ninja

Sentry is omnipotent. MM can't win. ninja

Priest
Sentry ftw

Bouboumaster
The Super Hero, who have the power of ONE ****IN' MILLIONS OF EXPLODING SUNS(!!!) WIN

6,5/10.

llagrok
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
Sentry is omnipotent. MM can't win. ninja

Unless the MM could somehow get Sentry into the N-zone, it would be possible to win, but that's the only way.

Although the MM wouldn't even know what the N-zone is, so the Sentry would win.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by llagrok
Unless the MM could somehow get Sentry into the N-zone, it would be possible to win, but that's the only way.

Although the MM wouldn't even know what the N-zone is, so the Sentry would win.

matian manhunter is a telepath so powerful that he could scan the solar system for the info in someone's head and even pull it from sentry's head. He would know what it was and just command sentry to go there.

starlock
MM for the win

Sorry the sentry needs his own comic,i have not seen his hype as feats,just my opinon, he needs to shine as a solo artist hehe

Priest
Originally posted by starlock
MM for the win

Sorry the sentry needs his own comic,i have not seen his hype as feats,just my opinon, he needs to shine as a solo artist hehe
sentry does have feats that puts him above MM..
1) he litterally toys with ironman
2) beats the shit out of wolverine, at the same time bends his claws withone hand.
3) beats the hulk twice
4) Owns absorbing man (blows him up with power od a million exploding suns)
5) was able to catch and break the hand/axe of terrax effortlessly. (take into account that terrax can cut a planet in half with one blow)
6) stailmate freaking genis (sentry wasent even going all out)
7) supposlly he staimated galactus.
8) pwns dr. strange
9) lookat the void, sentry and the void are equals. the void broke every bone in the hulks body, he also took on a team comprised of the avengers, xmen, dr strange, fantastic 4, and the hulk imo,..he's poweful.
now all thosr feats that were listed, sentry did it effortlessly(with exctption of the genis fight because he was holdin back)...we have yet to see his true power, we have yet to see the guy even sweat..
also Sentry has NO LOW FEATS imo, he dosent jobb, on the other hand MM is the personificatin of jobbin..
and those who ar sayin that MM would TP sentry , its not gonna work, sentry shown that he has TP as well, and he also risisted Dr Strange` s TP.

Sentry fo the win.

starlock
1) he litterally toys with ironman- i am not impressed
2) beats the shit out of wolverine, at the same time bends his claws withone hand.-not impressive for all his hype
3) beats the hulk twice-one of those is the void right? now you like the hulk hehe
4) Owns absorbing man (blows him up with power od a million exploding suns)-ok cool feat-done before
5) was able to catch and break the hand/axe of terrax effortlessly. (take into account that terrax can cut a planet in half with one blow)-good feat
6) stailmate freaking genis (sentry wasent even going all out)-sorry BFR
7) supposlly he staimated galactus.-this is lame for you i usually respect your view
8) pwns dr. strange-cool feat
9) lookat the void, sentry and the void are equals. the void broke every bone in the hulks body, he also took on a team comprised of the avengers, xmen, dr strange, fantastic 4, and the hulk imo,..he's poweful

Maybe its just me i dont equate sentry and void as equals,i dont give one anothers feats,but thats just me

Now if i was to put MM's feats in here it would take up at least 50X(low balling it)

That does not change my mind only makes it clearer,i dont need to be schooled in his feats i have been collecting him since his first appearance
but thanks anyway

MM wins

tkitna
Yeah, when the Sentry breaks a sweat and we can measure what he is, we'll be able to better determine this, but until then, I still thinks he whips on MM.

(I guess I was really wrong about the Sentry and the Civil War story line as he did nothing. Now i'm curious if he'll have any impact during the WWH storyline. They also might be waiting for the return of Thor to guage his powers, so we'll see sooner or later.)

manorastroman
martian manhunter is shown to have limits. thus far, sentry is not. therefore, sentry wins.

starlock
So characters that have been around for 30 years or more are not as good as a new characters because in the course of those years he has shown limits hehe, and sentry has hardly any showings but no problem,i would not use that logic,but hey everyone has got a view

so superman loses to i guess,since sentry has no limits?

Priest
Originally posted by starlock

That does not change my mind only makes it clearer,i dont need to be schooled in his feats i have been collecting him since his first appearance
but thanks anyway

MM wins
I put that list of a few feats that Sentry has because everone is making the assumpution that he dosent have feats, maybe cause he dosent have his own ongoing..
I mentioned the galactus "feat" because i just wanted to show that Marvel is really serious about making him uber, he gonna be a character to recon with.
Let me ask u a question, do u think Manhunter can do half the things that sentry did without even trying? can he make a herald with planet destroying power look like a child effortlessly? i think not.
The fact of the matter is that Martian Manhunter cant do anything to Sentry. Sentry is physically stonger than him, Im pretty sure he faster than MM as well, condisering he can stravel to the sun in a few scounds, so he has light speed flight, durability(possibly)..
How would MM shapeshifting/intanability help him defeat Sentry?
The only thing than MM had was his TP advantage, but Sentry has shown to resist it from Doc Strange (one of the top TPers of Marvel)..

So how is MM gonna defeat Sentry? seriously, Sentry outclasses MM in every catagory..

manorastroman
for durability, sentry has been shown to take two nukes. one in a flashback, which just singed his uniform, and one more recently, which seemed to have LITERALLY no effect.

and in his fight with genis, the narration said that the energy they were throwing around would destroy planets (plural).

Superherovandal
i could find feats 20X better on the MM Respect Thread. He singlehandly holds the JLA at bay and he wasn't even trying to hurt them. He defeats many White Martians without fire. He fights Heavens angels. He as Fernus easily near killed Supes and the rest of the JLA. He as J'onn defeats Fernus. And this only about 5% of his feats.

-a-m-a-n again
The MArtian Manhunter, currently. smile

Magee
lolz sentry wins coz he is like super one million exploding suns and broked terracx axe and haz no limits and is 2 ppl and has a big willy.

Superboy Prime
Martian Manhunter FTW.

I am of the opinion that Sentry has yet to prove he can actually beat Kal-El.

Jonn is a different story altogether with great telepathy, the ability to amp himself, has complete control over his molecular structure and can even go intangible...and that is without his Supermanesque powers.

Until Sentry whoops on Thor without effort I'll still think MM has what it takes to down him.

Heck Iron Man managed to get him off his dick by messing with Sentry's little computer.

I can only imagine what a few well placed terrific memories will do to Bob.

PS - I know MM has not beaten Thor, but I'd still love a match between Odinson & Mr. Hype.

Board Walker
Left out a feat for Sentry, he threw the collective into the sun, also ripped Carnage in half effortlessly.

Superherovandal
Oooh Carnage...MM almost killed the entire Jusitce League effortlessly as Fernus...

Martian_mind
MM has punked the JLA as himself before.....and mindraped the Spectre......plus Sentry won't be able to throw Jonn in the sun.

batdude123
Originally posted by Martian_mind
MM has punked the JLA as himself before.....and mindraped the Spectre......plus Sentry won't be able to throw Jonn in the sun.

Mind raped the Spectre. laughing out loud

He didn't do anything of the sort, fanboy.

He took a confused Hal Jordan that didn't know shit about how to use Spectre's powers to an astral plan inside Joker's mind.

Mind raped Spectre... crylaugh hysterical2

That's pretty bad... even for you.

Validus
Yeah, Sentry throws J'onn in the sun.

Martian_mind
Well Batdude is sure being a cock today.....

batdude123
Well Batdude is sure being a cock today.....

Me so sorry? sad

Martian_mind
Me cut deep,me need bandage.We no talk no-more,ME STAY WITH MOTHER FOR WEEKEND!!!!ME TAKE BABY!!!

batdude123
Me cut deep,me need bandage.We no talk no-more,ME STAY WITH MOTHER FOR WEEKEND!!!!ME TAKE BABY!!!

Fine, keep the little bastard. I haven't had a good night's rest in ages. mhm

Validus
Batdude needs to act like this more often. smile

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Validus
Batdude needs to act like this more often. smile

What are you?The Darth Sidious of Kmc?

"Good Batdude,Good,Let the Hate flow through you."

Soleran
Hang on, so can We all get a recap of reaonable lows to identify some strengths?

Validus
What are you?The Darth Sidious of Kmc?

"Good Batdude,Good,Let the Hate flow through you."
I enjoy the no nonsense posting style.

Mider999
sentry getting hurt by iron man is PIS i mean in planet hulk surfur got controlled by a stupid slug, beside that he's gonna take on OH NO OH NO yes the black panther. All pis moments Sentry broke strange's telepathy didnt he, isnt strange's TP like nearly unlimited since he has the eye of argomotto, same guy who stalemated big G. Sentry really messed up absorbing man, can MM do that.

2damnloud
Both bloodlusted.

2 days prep.

They start 50 yards apart

They fight in .......

http://www.thebestofusa.com/thrutheyears/South/Florida/miami18.jpg

MIAMI eek!

Loot

llagrok
I'm going to assume that MM is written properly.

Martian Manhunter might be more versatile than the Sentry. Being able to phase into other dimensions and such. However, I don't believe J'onn's physique will be up for this. In WW3 it's clearly shown that he's not as strong or durable as Superman and he's not capable of maintaining near superman level for a long time. Since they're both strong telepaths they won't be able to use that to their advantage.

I'll decide later on, good thread.

Darth Macabre
What's the point of them fighting? They both would lose to Storm. no expression

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
What's the point of them fighting? They both would lose to Storm. no expression

Moving on . . .

Sentry 6/10

tkitna
Sentry 10/10

Soljer
I'm going to assume that MM is written properly.

Martian Manhunter might be more versatile than the Sentry. Being able to phase into other dimensions and such. However, I don't believe J'onn's physique will be up for this. In WW3 it's clearly shown that he's not as strong or durable as Superman and he's not capable of maintaining near superman level for a long time. Since they're both strong telepaths they won't be able to use that to their advantage.

I'll decide later on, good thread.

That's not the first time it's been established. I clearly remember doomsday bitching J'onn while telling him "You are no Superman..."

Anyways, J'onn not being Superman's equal means....what, exactly? What makes the SENTRY Superman's equal? confused.

llagrok
Originally posted by Soljer
That's not the first time it's been established. I clearly remember doomsday bitching J'onn while telling him "You are no Superman..."

Anyways, J'onn not being Superman's equal means....what, exactly? What makes the SENTRY Superman's equal? confused.

He's superman's superior.

Soljer
He's superman's superior.

Based on?

llagrok
Based on?

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/173667-sentry_400.jpg

shifty

Soljer
And, exactly, what the **** is that?

CasanoVa
Looks like a preview to me erm

Thusforth I conclude you haven't read it.

I continue to go on to conclude, therefore, you not having read it and not konwing what context it has come from means you know nothing about what you're debating for.

Miami? Sentry wins.

Done before, either way.

llagrok
Originally posted by CasanoVa

Thusforth I conclude you haven't read it.

I continue to go on to conclude, therefore, you not having read it and not konwing what context it has come from means you know nothing about what you're debating for.

Miami? Sentry wins.

Done before, either way.

He wouldn't win in New York?

CasanoVa
He wouldn't win in New York?

roll eyes (sarcastic) what difference does it make? "Oh my, it's a teensy bit hotter in Miami, that changes everything!".

I was just subtly pointing out how uneccesary it is to give a specific city, "in a city" would have been sufficient enough.

llagrok
roll eyes (sarcastic) what difference does it make? "Oh my, it's a teensy bit hotter in Miami, that changes everything!".

I was just subtly pointing out how uneccesary it is to give a specific city, "in a city" would have been sufficient enough.

True.

Soljer

I thought similarly, but I figured he'd at least know what ACTION was going on in the preview.

CasanoVa
I thought similarly, but I figured he'd at least know what ACTION was going on in the preview.

It's Sentry flying through Attuma's head, pretty easily at that, that was just after he pwned Attuma's.. monster things. smile

Soljer
It's Sentry flying through Attuma's head, pretty easily at that, that was just after he pwned Attuma's.. monster things. smile

And Superman couldn't do the same, why?

I mean, I'm not asking YOU directly, you're not the one that claimed Sentry was Superman's superior...but I see no reason that Superman couldn't just fly through attuma in the same way. He flew straight through the General, after all.

CasanoVa
And Superman couldn't do the same, why?

I mean, I'm not asking YOU directly, you're not the one that claimed Sentry was Superman's superior...but I see no reason that Superman couldn't just fly through attuma in the same way. He flew straight through the General, after all.

That's a subject for another thread I guess.

But Sentry's tres more ruthless and brutal, he does things as fast as he can (after all, he responds to threats via a living calculator about whats more of a threat). He'd do it and not feel an inch of remorse if he murdered him, could Supes do the same?

Not sure.

Soljer
That's a subject for another thread I guess.

But Sentry's tres more ruthless and brutal, he does things as fast as he can (after all, he responds to threats via a living calculator about whats more of a threat). He'd do it and not feel an inch of remorse if he murdered him, could Supes do the same?

Not sure.

As far as brutality goes - sure.

But as far as POWER goes?

As I've said, he's done similar to the General and to a moon.

Any reason that he COULDN'T do the exact same thing to Attuma?

CasanoVa
As far as brutality goes - sure.

But as far as POWER goes?

As I've said, he's done similar to the General and to a moon.

Any reason that he COULDN'T do the exact same thing to Attuma?

Physical power? Sure, he'd have the strength to pull it off. But so would quite alot of people, Attuma isn't exactly in the same tier as some heroes like Sentry and Superman is he?

I reckon there are quite a few others who being extremely ruthless could do that to him.

Soljer
Physical power? Sure, he'd have the strength to pull it off. But so would quite alot of people, Attuma isn't exactly in the same tier as some heroes like Sentry and Superman is he?

I reckon there are quite a few others who being extremely ruthless could do that to him.

Black Adam springs to mind. shifty

But, that's all I was pointing out. I asked why Sentry was Kal's superior, and he gave me that? erm.

CasanoVa
Black Adam springs to mind. shifty

But, that's all I was pointing out. I asked why Sentry was Kal's superior, and he gave me that? erm.

I like Adam, I just want him to get sonned so badly.

Why? 'cause he's too badass, I'd love to see Billy actually just beat the crizap out of him (like worse than Invincible got from his pops).

and yeah, well what did you expect Sol? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Soljer
I like Adam, I just want him to get sonned so badly.

Why? 'cause he's too badass, I'd love to see Billy actually just beat the crizap out of him (like worse than Invincible got from his pops).

and yeah, well what did you expect Sol? roll eyes (sarcastic)

I dunno, maybe I'd be surprised, and actually see something that put Sentry above (or even ON) Clark's level.

CasanoVa
I dunno, maybe I'd be surprised, and actually see something that put Sentry above (or even ON) Clark's level.

I meant about who it was coming from erm.

I still think Sentry's above Superman ihmo, I know he has a lack of feats, but its to be expected. And it's not actually like we can really prove anything about how a fight would go between anybody on these forums (that don't have prior history or if its across companies).

I'll give it time though, I don't expect there to be anything concrete proving Bob>Clark with Bendis writing him.

Soljer
I meant about who it was coming from erm.

I still think Sentry's above Superman ihmo, I know he has a lack of feats, but its to be expected. And it's not actually like we can really prove anything about how a fight would go between anybody on these forums (that don't have prior history or if its across companies).

I'll give it time though, I don't expect there to be anything concrete proving Bob>Clark with Bendis writing him.

I respect your opinion, but I'd really LOVE to know how it was formed.

CasanoVa
I respect your opinion, but I'd really LOVE to know how it was formed.

I'm not too sure actually, it's not like he doesnt have feats that wouldnt put him on that level (not saying anything about above), but it may just be because.. well for example if Superman had never existed and Thor was the #1 hero in comics, and then suddenly Superman came along with his feats, I would be more impressed by Superman because Thor's feats had become common-place.

That might be it erm.

I'm aware Sentry hasn't done much Superman couldn't (except some of the energy manipulation stuff, but Supes can.. at times), but I guess his showings against people like Terrax, Genis, Absorbing Man (which was a very impressive feat, defeating via something other than PIS for once) and Collective and the lack of low showings; which Superman has many, which is to be expected the length of times he's been in comics, makes me thinks so.

Hope that helped a bit.

Soljer
Fair enough, and understandable. smile.

hush
I still dont think Sentry's above Superman but he may be above MM.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by hush
I still dont think Sentry's above Superman but he may be above MM.

Martian_Mind finds that illogical... ermhappy

Superherovandal
Physically? Maybe... but he won't be able to touch him or see him and MM has done worse to people just as strong if not stronger. Holding back the Justice League by himself. He could phase him into a wall and injure him, phase his hand into Bob's nervous system and screw around his neurons as he did to White Martians with close to Supes durability. He'd heal from anything Bob could do... MM 6-7/10

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>