Monitor Problem.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chillmeistergen
Right, this is a really annoying problem. I have a Samsung SyncMaster 932MW, last night I was just browsing the internet with it, nothing too taxing and the picture started to flicker slightly. Then, all of a sudden the screen went black, though there was still power going to the monitor, as the light was on.

Every time I've tried turning the monitor on and off again, the picture appears for a few seconds at most, then the screen goes black again.

Any help would be much appreciated, as the monitor cost a fair bit and having to go back to an old fashioned one is beyond annoying.

Bardock42
Funny story, my girlfriend broke my Samsung Sync Master 960 today.

Don't think I can help you though, mate.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Right, this is a really annoying problem. I have a Samsung SyncMaster 932MW, last night I was just browsing the internet with it, nothing too taxing and the picture started to flicker slightly. Then, all of a sudden the screen went black, though there was still power going to the monitor, as the light was on.

Every time I've tried turning the monitor on and off again, the picture appears for a few seconds at most, then the screen goes black again.

Any help would be much appreciated, as the monitor cost a fair bit and having to go back to an old fashioned one is beyond annoying.

Wack it abit..

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Bardock42
Funny story, my girlfriend broke my Samsung Sync Master 960 today.

Don't think I can help you though, mate.

You have impeccable taste, good sir. Isn't it annoying when nice things break?

Bardock42
You have impeccable taste, good sir. Isn't it annoying when nice things break?

Infuriating even.

I'll probably have to live with a less...exciting alternative for a while. Will see.

chillmeistergen
Infuriating even.

I'll probably have to live with a less...exciting alternative for a while. Will see.

I'm using one of those ugly white box things at the moment, I don't know the name for it, I think I probably repressed it.

Phucked Up
I'm using one of those ugly white box things at the moment, I don't know the name for it, I think I probably repressed it.

P.O.S. Old CRT Monitor is what I think they are called.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Phucked Up
P.O.S. Old CRT Monitor is what I think they are called.

Ah, yeah, that's it. It makes me feel physically sick.

Anyway, no electricians amongst you? Or people who have had a similar problem and fixed it?

Phucked Up
Ah, yeah, that's it. It makes me feel physically sick.

Anyway, no electricians amongst you? Or people who have had a similar problem and fixed it?

I only have a CRT monitor. sad

chillmeistergen
I feel your pain.

Bardock42
I only have a CRT monitor. sad

Well, it's not that bad if you have never tasted the sweet flavour of a TFT...if you have, I pity you...very, very much.

Phucked Up
Well, it's not that bad if you have never tasted the sweet flavour of a TFT...if you have, I pity you...very, very much.

I have tasted it, and it was good. shock

At least my monitor isn't an old, white, and small one.

chillmeistergen
At least my monitor isn't an old, white, and small one.

Easy now, there's no need to get personal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.