Loeb vs Pak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endrict Nuul
Who writes the biggest BS Hulk story?

golem370
They're are no BS Hulk stories but people who read comic books and expect some realism in the story when it's a work of fiction.

Rorschach
Loeb.

Pak wrote Planet Hulk, which was awesome.

Knowsbleed33
Rulk handed current Thor his butt. Took Mjolnir from him and used it against him.

Loeb is easily the biggest BS peddler!

Who wants to guess who Rulk is? I was betting heavily on Doc Samson for a while, but these new abilities make me think it's a cosmic being. The Beyonder maybe, is he still suppose to be in the Kyln?

llagrok
Pak has like 1 shit story, Loeb has 50?

george '06
loeb has however many he's written

Nihilist
Originally posted by Rorschach
Loeb.

Pak wrote Planet Hulk, which was awesome.
co-signed.

rulk can k.o. the watcher but can only put down abomination with the help of a gun,also can beat thor up with his own hammer yet he can only kill a wendigo with the aid of a hot steel poker,f*cking bullshit.

Galan007
loeb is a genius!!!!1!! durfist

george '06
i vote that whatever loeb writes be considered out of continuity
and that it be filed away to its own little universe/reality
earth loeb

Symmetric Chaos
Loeb. RedHulk is completely random. Pak has written a number of very good Hulk stories including PlanetHulk, the only one that is much of a problem is WWH.

llagrok
Loeb has some great stuff as well, Hush in example.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by llagrok

Okay, but how many good stories has he written since coming to work for Marvel?

Jeph Loeb must be a saboteur for DC.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by llagrok

I don't recall Hulk appearing in Hush . . .

llagrok
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I don't recall Hulk appearing in Hush . . .

dur me

Galan007
I don't recall Hulk appearing in Hush . . . you might want to reread that arc again. sly

Dark-Jaxx
Hulk is in every comic ever writted, FACT.

I would say Loeb. Not only is the power of Red Hulk pretty much at random levels, but the dialogue sucks too. "Hulk is not a pile of hammers!" ftl.

Bentley
the dialogue sucks too. "Hulk is not a pile of hammers!" ftl.

Quoting for freaking truth. What is it about Marvel hiring people who can't write a dialogue?

janus77
umm, not to be a stick in the mud but 1) surely 'that' line isn't the worst you can recall? ("oh the humanity!"?) and 2) wasn't it actually "bag of hammers"?

anyway, I was bored with the whole Guess The Hulk stuff after a couple of issues. THERE IS NO HULK BUT HULK and Pak is his messenger, as ALL our holybooks say!

I don't like Red "Hulk", but as a character, this Red is proving to be phenomenally funny... sharp, fast, powerful (upper range of Hulk feats, mostly) and vicious.

the gun thing was just being a "bad ass" (as you Americans would say), he didn't need it to finish off Abomination, I think I recall him saying so too.

I'm hoping that the proper, undisputed heavy weight champion of Hulk-dom - King Hulk - returns to bury this wannabe.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Rulk handed current Thor his butt. Took Mjolnir from him and used it against him. Huh? Didn't read that yet......

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Huh? Didn't read that yet......

Neither did I. I saw the scans though. Takes the hammer right out of Thors hands and hits him with it.

Symmetric Chaos
Just looked at the Rulk vs Thor fight.

laughing out loud I have to admit I love it. The storytelling isn't great but Loeb certainly know how to make Hulk amusing.

bbrem123
yea i kinda like this red hulk he is an interesting character

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by golem370
They're are no BS Hulk stories but people who read comic books and expect some realism in the story when it's a work of fiction. Heaven forbid there be any realism or internal consistency whatsoever in works of fiction. How appalling that would be.Originally posted by bbrem123
yea i kinda like this red hulk he is an interesting character No. He's the new Vulcan. Utterly contrived, but will garner fans because he's so "badass" he even has @#$%%@ he's that "badass."

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Who writes the biggest BS Hulk story? loeb is in a league of his own right now.

TricksterPriest
Loeb is EPIC FAIL personified. laughing out loud

Bouboumaster
WWH was good. Planet Hulk was Awesome.

Red Hulk sucks

The Pict
Just looked at the Rulk vs Thor fight.

laughing out loud I have to admit I love it. The storytelling isn't great but Loeb certainly know how to make Hulk amusing.

I'm amused by the comic somewhat, but for all the wrong reasons.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.