Whose comedy do you prefer?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

celestialdemon
From what I've seen, there are really only 2 good comedy groups today that get a lot of praise from both movie goers and critics alike. That's Simon Pegg's group (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz) and Seth Rogan's group (40-Year-Old Virgin, Knocked Up, Superbad). Which, in your opinion, makes the funnier and more entertaining movies?

jaden101
Simon Pegg...

Bardock42
Simon Pegg.

MildPossession
Simon Pegg by far when it's stuff like the films mentioned. Outside of his circle, things like Fat boy Run(or whatever it's called), not so good.

I enjoyed Knocked Up, and 40 Year Old Virgin too, but don't find them as funny.

Bardock42
Didn't like Knocked Up that much. 40 Year Old Virgin was very funny, imo. And Superbad was too. Not as funny as either Hot Fuzz or Shaun of the Dead though.

Impediment
I like Pegg's work over Judd Apatow's.

BruceSkywalker
Depends on how much I want to laugh

Strangelove
Pegg.

Rogue Jedi
Simon Pegg. he and Nick Frost are amazing together.

BackFire
My answer is identical to MP's.

Dreamreaver
I like them both but if I had to pick I'd say the Seth Rogan stuff is the funniest to me. I loved Superbad, Knocked Up, and 40 Year Old Virgin. Shaun of the Dead is a great film though, make no mistake, and I love those movies just as much. Both are great styles in their own right.

Storm
Simon Pegg.

chillmeistergen
Very, very different types of comedy, I feel.

On the whole, I'd say I prefer Pegg's work. But I do prefer the dramatic of Rogan's work.

Dark-Jaxx
Probably Pegg's.

SpaceMonkey
Pegg is sooooo overrated it's sickening. He's mildly amusing at best, sorry, just my opinion. I prefer the Appatow bunch.

T.M
Originally posted by MildPossession
Simon Pegg by far when it's stuff like the films mentioned. Outside of his circle, things like Fat boy Run(or whatever it's called), not so good.

I enjoyed Knocked Up, and 40 Year Old Virgin too, but don't find them as funny.

... Took the words out of my mouth.

moviebuff1084
I love both i can't decide between the 2.

But Kevin Smith makes best comedies and Seth Rogan stars in his new one.

papabeard
Simon Pegg and not forgetting Edgar Wright

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.