Amal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psychokandy
I saw a trailer for a promising new film called AMAL...

The plot looks very compelling and I love the enigmatic feel to the trailer.

Here's the synopsis from the website:

"AMAL, a multi-layered portrait of contemporary India, follows an auto-rickshaw driver in New Delhi AMAL who is content with his small, but vital role in city life.

One day he drives an eccentric billionaire G.K. JAYARAM who, disguised as a vagabond, is searching the streets for the last morsel of humanity, and someone to will his fortune to. After their fateful meeting, both of their lives are changed forever.

Filmed on location in New Delhi, India, this modern day fable questions the meaning of wealth, and ultimately reveals that sometimes the poorest of men can be the richest."

It film was selected as one of Canada's top 10 films of 2007.

It stars Naseer Shah (he played Captain Nemo in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen w/ Sean Connery), Roshan Seth (played the Prime Minister of Bangkok in Indiana Jones: Temple of Doom)

dadudemon
laughing

Sorry, I thought this was something else.

FoxMeister
Amal is usually taken the other way

garblejar
has anyone seen the movie "Amal" form 2007?
i saw it at TIFF and loved, and recently had a chance to view it again, just curious to see what others thought. i loved the story, and the main guy who played Amal, Rupinder Nagra.

Quiero Mota
Are you sure you didn't misspell "anal"?

garblejar
ummm, yes? i'm SURE im talking about the movie Amal, not Anal. i would have typed "Anal" three times otherwise.

Robtard
Originally posted by garblejar
ummm, yes? i'm SURE im talking about the movie Amal, not Anal. i would have typed "Anal" three times otherwise.

Is that some Beetlejuice type of thing?

=Tired Hiker=
Oh, I just love Amal.

Robtard
Does the wife know that?

=Tired Hiker=
Boy, does she! Huh huh.

garblejar
Originally posted by Robtard
Is that some Beetlejuice type of thing?

it is. indeed.

well, if you havent seen it, its good.

here's the trailer: wwwDOTyoutubeDOTcom/watch?v=vt8n0VydHys

garblejar
ALSO, there are openings tonight in Vancouver, Montreal and Toronto! so get on it! i want to talk about it with someone!

psychokandy
Originally posted by garblejar
ALSO, there are openings tonight in Vancouver, Montreal and Toronto! so get on it! i want to talk about it with someone!

What did you think of it?

I saw it at the Toronto TIFF last year and thought it was brilliant. I wasn't crazy about the acting but the storyline and character build made up for it.

garblejar
Originally posted by psychokandy
What did you think of it?

I saw it at the Toronto TIFF last year and thought it was brilliant. I wasn't crazy about the acting but the storyline and character build made up for it.

i loved it! thought the same thing, acting wasnt the best, but the story, and ending in particular, was great!

also, is yr name a reference to the jesus & mary chain? cause if so thats wicked. such a great band!

garblejar
i posted about this already, but yeah. great flick!

garblejar
also, openings in Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg & Halifax all on the 15th! go see it! youll enjoy it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.