whos richer bruce wayne or lex luthor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

r0nm0n88
so who has more money??

Endrict Nuul
Bada does...

Da Joker
Batman, of course. In most incarnations due to his obsession with Superman doesn't he generally lose lots of money due to failed attempts to kill Superman? And because he's been in prison quite a few times? Bats has always had more money...he & Tony Stark are the richest men in the comic book world.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Da Joker
Batman, of course. In most incarnations due to his obsession with Superman doesn't he generally lose lots of money due to failed attempts to kill Superman? And because he's been in prison quite a few times? Bats has always had more money...he & Tony Stark are the richest men in the comic book world. the collector of the elders is richer....he's tight with his money no expression

kgkg
Bruce is richer more so no than in the past didn't wayne buy out lots of stock and own large portion of lexcorp now? I remeber readin couple years ago in bat/sup comic that bruce is indeed richer than lex

spidey-dude
bruce is richer but id rather own lex corp than wayne enterprises

Allankles
I think Luthor is worth more money than Bruce i.e. he makes more money than Bruce and has several illegal businesses.

I here though that Bruce might have more money that he saves, but I think Luthor makes more money annually. And didn't Luthor rebuild Gotham?

There was a published list of the richest people in fiction and Luthor was listed as being 5 billion dollars richer than Bruce.

Superherovandal
you can't use that besides Bruce owns lexcorp

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Superherovandal
you can't use that besides Bruce owns lexcorp since when

xmarksthespot
You mean this list: http://www.forbes.com/2002/09/13/400fictional_print.html

Which has Bruce as being around $1.5 billion richer than Lex...

spidey-dude
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
You mean this list: http://www.forbes.com/2002/09/13/400fictional_print.html

Which has Bruce as being around $1.5 billion richer than Lex... that list is BS if doom or stark isnt on it

Mindset
Originally posted by spidey-dude
that list is BS if doom or stark isnt on it

Or Black Panther.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Mindset
Or Black Panther. or ken masters

Mindset
Ken isnt in the hundreds of millions range, he is probably like Danny Rand rich.

george '06
superman himself said bruce was richer

spidey-dude
Ken isnt in the hundreds of millions range, he is probably like Danny Rand rich. did u ever watch the street fighter V cartoon series ? he looked pretty damn rich to me maybe not as high as lex and bruce but hes up there.

Mindset
did u ever watch the street fighter V cartoon series ? he looked pretty damn rich to me maybe not as high as lex and bruce but hes up there.

I said Danny Rand rich, i.e. multi-millionaire.

Allankles
That list is different. The one I saw http://www.forbes.com/lists/2005/fictional/04.html had Luthor valued at 10.1 billion and Bruce at 6.5 Billion.

I guess they keep changing. Apparently Luthor has gone form being worth 10.1 billion to 4.3?

Not very consistent these Forbes people. And Richy Rich in the list I'd seen was less than 24 billion.

Symmetric Chaos
that list is BS if doom or stark isnt on it

They were trying to be inclusive ans use very well known characters. Gastby is on there with $600 million. There are almost certainly more than 10 billionaires if you search every fictional medium.

xmarksthespot
Heh. Both lists are out of date.

Lex doesn't make the most recent list at all apparently. Which makes sense considering recent events.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes_Fictional_15
http://www.forbes.com/2007/12/11/richest-fictional-characters-oped-books-fict1507-cx_mn_de_1211fictional15_land.html

Mindset
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
They were trying to be inclusive ans use very well known characters. Gastby is on there with $600 million. There are almost certainly more than 10 billionaires if you search every fictional medium.

Gordon Gekko and J.R. Ewing aren't exactly well known names.

Symmetric Chaos
Gordon Gekko and J.R. Ewing aren't exactly well known names.

Gordon Gekko is the guy who said: "greed, for lack of a better word, is good."

Ewing is JR . . . the main character from Dallas . . . the highest rated soap opera in history.

Allankles
Heh. Both lists are out of date.

Lex doesn't make the most recent list at all.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes_Fictional_15
http://www.forbes.com/2007/12/11/richest-fictional-characters-oped-books-fict1507-cx_mn_de_1211fictional15_land.html

I don't think not being on the list is significant. Tony wasn't in the previous 2 lists. So did he become a billionare in the last 2 years? No. I'll take Luthor at 10.1 billion, since between him and Bruce this is the highest estimate of any list with the 2. Bruce's highest is 7 billion. Luthor's is 10.1 billion.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Allankles
I don't think not being on the list is significant. Tony wasn't in the previous 2 lists. So did he become a billionare in the last 2 years? No. I'll take Luthor at 10.1 million, since between him and Bruce this is the highest estimate of any list with the 2. Bruce's highest is 7 billion. Luthor's is 10.1 billion. He's been specifically dropped from the list, not omitted by accident.

LexCorp has tanked, Luthor is relatively "destitute" and Lana Lang now runs it. Wayne Enterprises now owns most of the previous LexCorp's holdings via purchase, and profits via donation from when Talia al Ghul was running it. Ergo Bruce Wayne is wealthier.

Mindset
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Gordon Gekko is the guy who said: "greed, for lack of a better word, is good."

Ewing is JR . . . the main character from Dallas . . . the highest rated soap opera in history.

And yet hardly anyone under 30 would know who they are. smile

I bet by name alone most people wouldn't know them in fact, regardless of age.

Allankles
He's been specifically dropped from the list, not omitted by accident.

LexCorp has tanked, Luthor is relatively destitute and Lana Lang now runs it. Wayne Enterprises now owns most of the previous LexCorp's holdings via purchase, and profits via donation. Ergo Bruce Wayne is wealthier.

I know this from reading one year later. But obviously the thread starter was talking about their wealth as depicted in their mythology, not current Luthor.

I'm speaking in terms of both guys at their usual level. Luthor has found himself at cross roads plenty of times in his career so this isn't new to him.

At their usual levels Luthor is the richer. The first figure you gave for Luthor (4 billion) was like 6 years old, the more recent one had him at 10.1 billion, 3 billion dollars wealthier than Bruce.

spidey-dude
but whose technology is more advanced lex corp or wayne enterprises ?

xmarksthespot
And the most recent one Luthor doesn't figure at all. Ergo your rationale makes no sense. We won't use the older "mythological" one, we won't use the newer "most recent incarnation" one. We'll conveniently use the middle one.

Besides "If a character like Superman is in a thread, it'll be assumed that it's the current version unless mentioned otherwise by the thread starter, the same goes with Thanos without the IG, and so on."

Lord Kal
After crisis per Byrne Man of steel Luthor was confortably wealthier. He was said to be the second richest man in the world, Steve Dayton was sixth and Wayne somewhere down. Of course all that changed since Luthor went nuts and Lexcorp flunk. Now Wayne is richer.

Allankles
And the most recent one Luthor doesn't figure at all. Ergo your rationale makes no sense. We won't use the older "mythological" one, we won't use the newer "most recent incarnation" one. We'll conveniently use the middle one.

Besides "If a character like Superman is in a thread, it'll be assumed that it's the current version unless mentioned otherwise by the thread starter, the same goes with Thanos without the IG, and so on."

I'm just approaching the thread as the thread starter intended. We know where Luthor is currently, however that isn't relevant according to the thread starters question. You get?

If the thread starter was asking us to compare a destitute Lex Luthor they'd be no need to ask the question would there? As things stand Wayne is richer by default, since Luthor is no longer rich.

But a rich Luthor is richer than the rich Bruce Wayne is my point. And he has been portrayed as such for majority of the DC mythology.

EDIT: It's like if Superman were depowered like he was in the beginning issues of one year later, if somoene asked who's more powerful Colossus or Superman, the obvious answer would be Superman even though he was depowered in his current story arch. It's the same for Luthor, he's lost his fortunes before and regained them.

Symmetric Chaos
And yet hardly anyone under 30 would know who they are. smile

I bet by name alone most people wouldn't know them in fact, regardless of age.

I'm under 20 no expression

Hardly makes them less famous names. At the very least when someone looks them up they go "oh, I should've known that".

MJOILNIR
Kind of funny that the richest on those lists still isnt as rich as the richest real world folks...If I was gonna make a fictional "rich" guy he'd be worth more than gates, buffet or helu'.....Hell their all over 60 Bil..I mean come on??????????

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by MJOILNIR
Kind of funny that the richest on those lists still isnt as rich as the richest real world folks...If I was gonna make a fictional "rich" guy he'd be worth more than gates, buffet or helu'.....Hell their all over 60 Bil..I mean come on??????????

Their numbers are almost certainly off on some of the lists. Mom, Wonka and Scrooge likely have far more money than they are listed as having. Scrooges money bin contains "6 cubic acres" of money and he apparently considers it petty cash, Mom runs dozens of intergalactic businesses including production and sale of all robots and Wonka built a space station before the needed technology existed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.