STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Runaway

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX

Captain REX
Jedi Temple, Coruscant

It has been three days since your return from Varloucant, Xavier. Walking is still painful after that vicious wound to your thighs that Friste dealt you, but extensive bacta treatment and time spent with the Jedi healers has encouraged the pain to remain minimal.

But no amount of bacta or healing techniques will cause the regeneration of Cabas' hand. Regardless of how awkwardly the sleeve hangs loose or how uncomfortable one-handed lightsaber combat is, Cabas has chosen to persevere and not receive a cybernetic replacement. It has forced him to seek training in single-handed swordsmanship, as he must exercise this new style that he is completely unaccustomed to.

The Jedi Council has heard the details of your mission. They are pleased to hear that Svidrigailov and his pirates are no longer a threat to the fringe worlds of the Republic. They are not pleased with your method for doing so. A Jedi should not seek battle with his enemies as you so readily did. Nor are they pleased to hear of Friste Tem's fate after the first mission to bring in Svidrigailov. It is a grim matter indeed that he has escaped.

After being debriefed, you are waiting with Master Cabas outside the Council Chambers. The Jedi Council must pass judgement on the matter of Friste Tem.

Newjak
Xavier sits calmly outside waiting.

"What do you think their judgment shall be, Master?"

Captain REX
"I cannot say," Cabas says, quietly. He is not really paying attention as he is shifting his lightsaber about in his hand, trying to find a comfortable grip on it.

Newjak
Xavier looks down at his Master's hand as he plays around with different grips. Then he looks to where the stub is. He has always been proud and strong. For the first time though Xavier is seeming him in a weak state.

You helped cause it, this is your fault. If you had killed Friste none of this would have happened

Captain REX
Mind you, Cabas lost his hand before your confrontation with Friste. But whether you could have prevented that loss or not is up to your conscience and imagination, really.

Newjak
Yeah but I figure the darker side of Xavier isn't too happy with the way things turned out, and is looking for anything to blame on the other side.

Captain REX
The darker side of Xavier is probably incredibly confused about how it should feel about Cabas; currently, your Master is vulnerable, but showing strength and perseverence in having already begun re-training.

Something to keep in mind is that Cabas, because he refuses to have his arm replaced with a cybernetic limb, is at a -2 penalty for all skills that require the use of his hands, namely Lightsaber and Combat.

Newjak
True.

Xavier will wait patiently for the counsel to come to it's decision.

Captain REX
That may take some time. Is there anything you might wish to do in the mean time?

Newjak
"Master, I know we wait for the counsel's judgments, but there is only one person's opinion I respect. That is yours Master, what is your decision on the matter."

Captain REX
"Our mission was successful, Xavier, but... it cost many lives due to open confrontation. There is no infiltrating that can be done this time. Friste will be expecting it. Only open confrontation can be used and it may cause more senseless bloodshed. The Jedi respect life and avoid decisions that may harm it. Friste does not, but will not murder for amusement. He may be twisted and corrupt, but he is not insane. Not yet.

"For now, I say that the Jedi simply bide their time until he becomes a problem again. After all... we don't know where he has gone."

Newjak
"Very True Master."

Xavier would also like to have Trax's take on it if he is around.

Captain REX
Trax is currently repairing The New Beginning. It took quite a beating at Varloucant.

Newjak
Is there anything else Xavier can be doing besides talking to Master Cabas?

Captain REX
Not unless you can think of something.

Newjak
Nah I can not really think of anything.

"Master I am sorry if I disappointed you in the last mission."

Captain REX
Speaking with Cabas is something.

Cabas shakes his head. He looks tired. "No, Xavier. You fulfilled your mission. I suppose, if the Force wills all things, then what occured could not have happened any other way."

Newjak
"I suppose, Master"

Xavier looks over his Master's face, and sees how tired he is. This is the first time he had ever noticed Master so drained before. In some ways it seems to drain the energy from Xavier as well.

Captain REX
Cabas, even as he creeps up on old age, has always maintained a youthful energy and outlook in his mentoring and in his occupation as a Jedi Master. Something must be bothering him.

Newjak
"Master, you do not seem to be your normal self. What is bothering you?"

Captain REX
"I am old, my Padawan. I fear I am losing my edge. This mission has shown me that."

Newjak
Xavier sits looking at the far wall. He had never heard his Master talk like this.

"Master..." Xavier starts to say before trailing off. He knew his Master was getting older, even when Xavier first became his Padawan Cabas was not a young man.

Xavier's heart could identify with his Master's plight, but as always Xavier decided the truth was best.

"Master, you are wise and strong, and a far better person then I am. You still have the power to cause great good in this Galaxy."

Captain REX
Master Cabas says nothing.

Trorn, a representative of the Council, notifies you that the Jedi Masters have requested your presence. They have come to a decision.

Newjak
Xavier stands and bows to counsel member. Then let's Cabas lead the way in.

Captain REX
Trorn isn't a Council member... more like their secretary. A job that would drive Xavier absolutely crazy because it would be so incredibly boring and you woul d never leave the Temple and...

The Council chambers are simple. A circular room at the top of the Jedi Temple's tallest tower, with seats of varying shapes and sizes lining the inside. As is normal, some members of the Council are not present. Master Yoda is amongst these.

"Welcome," Master Windu greets.

Newjak
Xavier bows to the counsel, "Thank you Master Windu."

Captain REX
"We have arrived at a decision regarding the situation that Friste Tem has created," he continues, after a slight nod to acknowledge your bow. "There are many reasons for the conclusion we have decided on. And we have decided not to act on the potential threat that he has become."

...huh?

Newjak
Friste is such a danger Xavier doesn't understand why.

"Why.. not Master?"

Captain REX
"Friste himself has proven to be a dangerous target," Ki-Adi-Mundi speaks. "We cannot risk the lives of our operatives against him, even if they are willing to do so. A Jedi Knight is too valuable to expend against someone so merciless as Friste. I mean no offense, Master Cabas, but you have learned this."

"None taken, Master," Cabas replies. "And I have. His physique combined with his skill with a lightsaber is... formidable, to say the least. As I mentioned in my report."

"Precisley," Master Windu says. "Even so, Friste is likely no match for our greatest warriors, but... we sense it would be wise not to send them. Furthermore, Friste has escaped from Varloucant to an unknown location. Likely he has fled to the Outer Rim, where he can begin anew. But without the resources that Svidrigailov possessed, he will have a difficult time of it."

"It was mentioned that he was a 'potential' threat," Ki-Adi-Mundi reminds you. "The Council feels that his threat has been vanquished. You, Padawan, are responsible for the destruction of the Sklaborean pirates, and the crew of the Ravaging Claw was significantly reduced by you both when they tried kidnapping the Senator of Almania. The threat is minimal and will remain so for years."

"And so is not a concern to the Jedi Order," Windu concludes. "In the Outer Rim, Friste will not be a threat to the Jedi Order or the Galactic Republic. A Knight fallen to the Dark Side is a terrible thing, but is very miniscule on the galactic scale."

Newjak
This isn't right. Friste may not be a threat now be he most certainly will be. It may take him months, years, or decades but he will be back. When he does he shall do so to the sound of destruction. Xavier thinks to himself.

Then say it, let them know they are wrong, let them know we can go and deal with this mess.

Xavier doesn't fear anything, he is to detached from the world to feel that. Yet he is reluctant to listen to something no one else has seen or heard but him.

"Master Windu if I may, send me. I am not a Knight, and Friste will leave a trail for me to follow. He is only a potential threat, but a potentially big one as well. I can stop him."

Captain REX
Cabas closes his eyes.

"That... is unacceptable, in light of other factors within the report issued by your mentor," Master Windu replies.

Newjak
"What other factors, Master Windu?" Xavier asks seeing Cabas close his eyes.

Captain REX
"You have proven excellence in your swordsmanship, Xavier, but not in your willpower," Ki-Adi-Mundi explains. "This mission was assigned to you as an observance of your humility and your will. You led a rebellion amongst the slaves, but at the cost of hundreds of lives. You put innocents at risk and massacred your enemies. A Jedi does not seek such a route, as I am sure your Master advised."

"I did," Cabas says, hoarsely.

Nonsense, Xavier. Your willpower is strong! There must be some mistake.

Newjak
"Masters, I fought against all attempts at my mind, and won."

Of course you did, that is why I'm still here right

Xavier takes a moment to regain himself.

"I had been locked away in the slave cells, I had few resources to work with, I took the route I thought most logical."

Captain REX
"The Council has no further comment on your actions," Ki-Adi-Mundi replies. "After all, your mission was a success."

"There are other concerns we wish to address." Master Windu's eyes are concentrated very hard upon your face.

Newjak
"Yes Master?"

Captain REX
"I will tell him," Cabas says, before Windu can speak. He opens his eyes as you look to him for answers to what this is all about. "Xavier... I sensed your mind during our fight against the pirates. I sensed such great anger feeding you during your fight with Friste..."

"Until you can control these outbursts," Master Windu adds, "the Council does not consent to send you on missions. You will be confined to the Jedi Temple and undergo councilling."

Newjak
Be stuck in this boring place would be the DEATH OF US!

Xavier bends his head over. ]Cabas' words carry the most force all with him. It is these words that Xavier listens to now.

"As the counsel commands, Masters." He says with a bow.

Captain REX
As you take your leave of the Council, Cabas places his firm hand on your shoulder.

"I am sorry, Xavier," Cabas says. "I have failed you. Perhaps I was not firm enough in implenting the inhibition of emotions in your training, or I was wrong to agree to put you in such a dangerous situation. Regardless, this is my fault."

Newjak
Yes it is his fault, blame him now.

no

Xavier puts his hand on Cabas' shoulder.
"Master this my fault. I have failed somewhere. Somehow I am not the Jedi I should be. I shall fix myself though."

Xavier doesn't know how he will fix himself, he is just saying it stop Cabas from blaming himself.

Captain REX
Cabas looks at you long and hard.

"I want to show you something," Cabas says. "Follow me."

Cabas leads you into the lift that will descend down through the central spire of the Jedi Temple.

Newjak
Xavier follows Master Cabas wondering where he is leading him.

Captain REX
Cabas enters a code into the lift's panel and it descends down the tower rapidly. But when it reaches the bottom floor of the tower, it continues on down, moving into the lower sections of the Jedi Temple, and then still lower...

You did not think there was anything down this far, Xavier.

Newjak
Xavier looks over to his Master not knowing what he is doing. He doesn't say anything though.

Captain REX
The lift comes to a halt. The control panel reads "Restricted Access: Code Required." Cabas presses his finger against the holographic numbers and his code is entered. The control panel then reads "Detention Level."

How is Xavier with Jedi Lore?

Newjak
In the old system he had it +2 for a total of 8.

Captain REX
The old system is what we are using for all Retrospection games.

Hmm... Xavier knows very little about the Jedi Temple Detention Level. It has been mentioned in passing, but... you did not think this place existed. At all.

Newjak
"I didn't even know this place existed, Master? What are we doing here?"

Captain REX
"You will see."

The door silently slides open, revealing a dark corridor ahead of you. Unlike most of the Temple, which is ancient but kept intact and polished and gleaming, this corridor has stone walls that have crumbled slightly over time and the floor is naught but dust.

"Go on, then," Cabas says.

Newjak
Xavier walks out ahead of Master Cabas.

He begins to walk down the hallways. This place was not very well kept that was for sure.

Captain REX
Your first step into the hallway lifts a small puff of dust off the floor, but it is not the only footprint set into the fine grains that coat the ground. There are several of different shapes and sizes.

The hallway leads into a large room that greatly resembles the prison facility cells from Shawshank Redemption, but for the fact that it is made of worn gray stone and appears ill-used.

You do not get far before a pair of Jedi Knights step into your path, wearing archaic blast armor. They have their lightsabers in hand.

"State your intent," one says.

Newjak
Xavier looks back at Cabas,

"I wish I knew."

Captain REX
"I am sharing the existence of this place with my Padawan," Cabas says. "So that he can bear witness to its prisoners..."

The Jedi Knight produces a scanner device and carefully performs a set of biometric security checks; an eye scan, a fingerprint scan, etc. Cabas is cleared, and they must put your biometric data into the device as well, for records.

Newjak
Xavier allows them to take the data they need.

Captain REX
This includes a blood sample. They request your consent, but remind you that you must leave if you refuse.

Newjak
Xavier will hold out his arm for them to take their sample.

Captain REX
The needle punctures your skin and blood is drawn. With their data in order for one Xavier Kolarn, Jedi Padawan, the Jedi Knights resume their posts at security stations on either side of the hallway.

"Any particular prisoner you wish to see, Master Cabas?" asks the first one, a dark-haired, burly man.

"No, thank you," Cabas says.

"Suit yourself."

Cabas turns to you as the pair of you take your leave of the Jedi guardians, walking into the stale-smelling and claustrophobic atmosphere of the prison facility.

"Xavier, open up your senses and tell me what you feel," Cabas commands.

Newjak
Xavier attempts to clear his his mind, and focus on the area around him.

Captain REX
A nearly overwhelming sense of negative emotions crashes over you and clouds your mind. Fear and anger swirl around you, emotions that can only be associated with the Dark Side of the Force, especially when you are sensing it so strongly.

"The Jedi Order, as the Council has said, respects life," Cabas says. "We do not take it needlessly. This, Xavier, is the Dungeon of the Jedi. It is a highly secretive location and we do not bring attention to it. Here we keep those who have walked the Dark Path but surrendered to the will of the Jedi, either seeking our help in redemption- a fruitless effort- or knowing that they cannot contest our numbers alone. They remain here until the end of their days, considered too dangerous to lock up in a Republic prison and too dark to be redeemed. They are beyond help and so we keep them."

Newjak
Xavier takes in his Master's words. Xavier will try and walk to one of the doors to look inside.

Captain REX
Each cell has an enormous and thick blast door covering its entrance. You cannot see within without opening the door. There is a control panel next to it that requires a security code. It also seems to have information on the prisoner and his current status.

Newjak
Xavier will look that over then.

Captain REX
Name: Alik Saar

Species: Zabrak

Apprehended by: Jedi Master Marcus

Notes: Came willingly, surrendered after defeat

A holographic image of Alik Saar is displayed just above the panel, showing a Zabrak with slight build, smooth horns crowning his head, and light traces of tattoos adorning his face.

Minor details, Xavier.

Newjak
He looks at the image of the person.

"Why have you shown me this, Master?"

Captain REX
"This," Cabas says, gesturing to the dungeon, "is where I will see to it that you go if the Dark Side of the Force consumes you. I want you to realize the grave possibilities of the situation that you are in, Xavier."

There are easily hundreds of other cells... but not all are occupied. The panels by those that are vacant are dimmed to a black screen, whereas the other are glowing the bright blue that Alik Saar's is.

Newjak
"You would put me in this place?"

Captain REX
"You know the other option," Cabas says.

Newjak
"Yes I do and this does seem the most logical way of doing things."

Yeah be killed or imprisoned, very nice indeed.

Captain REX
You continue down the row, each occupied cell stating the name of their prisoner and their current status. You find that you can click over from the minor details to view their physical health and mental health as a result of scanners placed in the room. Most are physically capable but tired; almost all are slightly deranged.

What a terrible fate, Xavier. You can understand that the Jedi respect life, but... if you were any of these guys, you would have asked for death long ago.

Newjak
Xavier thinks back to the slaves that fought for their lives. Xavier isn't attached to any ideal like that. In some ways he doesn't see the difference between the slaves on Svid's ship and these things.

And then as now he would take death over this.

Captain REX
And it is the very Jedi Order imprisoning them, who did not approve of a slave rebellion that you led...

Most of the names you do not recognize. The majority of them have been locked away for a very... long... time. Decades. The most recent was Alik Saar, only three years ago.

Newjak
Xavier is sure if were to look in the cells he wouldn't see what the images showed. He would see almost lifeless shells of people. Much the way Loola looked when he first saw her.

"Your point has been made, Master."

Captain REX
"No, I haven't. Not yet."

Cabas approaches one cell and motions for you to join him.

"In here is a Dark Jedi known as Ambaln," Cabas says. "He was a very scholarly Knight and the finest of gentlemen. He was tasked with traveling to the Outer Rim to find Force-sensitive children to bring back to Coruscant for training. But... he was corrupted by villainy after he spent nearly two years undercover trying to crack open a criminal organization. He was successful, but at a high cost. He believed that the Jedi Council was corrupt as well and decided he wished to supplant them. He kidnapped a child and put several Jedi Knights and Republic agents in danger..."

Cabas has entered a password into the console. He must have, at some point, served as a guardian down here. Before your training, or maybe even during. You would never have known.

Newjak
Xavier watches as Cabas enters a code.

Captain REX
When he is done, the console requests a fingerprint scan, which he gives.

And then the great blast door rolls aside, vanishing into the wall.

The cell beyond is very poorly lit... but its prisoner probably is not observing such matters anyways. A Mon Calamari that can only be this Ambaln that Cabas spoke of has been placed into an emprisoning device that suspends him in mid-air. He is wearing high-powered stun cuffs that shock him every so often, even if he does not move. He does not open his eyes; he appears to be meditating. Or asleep.

"The more dangerous ones are kept like this," Cabas says.

Newjak
Xavier begins to approach the creature.

Captain REX
Cabas presses a hand to your chest, holding you back.

Ambaln opens his bulbous eyes. They look dull and uninterested.

"Come to bother me, have you?" he asks, not bothering to look at you as you floats quietly above the grav-unit below him. He does not even wince when a shock is delivered from the cuffs. "What do you want?"

"Just observing, friend," Cabas says.

"I am not your friend," Ambaln says, flatly. "Please go away."

Newjak
Xavier looks at him. Wondering what Cabas will do now.

Captain REX
Cabas gives a smart bow to Ambaln, then punches in the cancel code. The blast door rolls back into place and hisses as the pressure seal activates.

"So you see where that path leads," Cabas says. "I would not walk and I should hope that you would not, my Padawan."

Newjak
"Yes, Master" Xavier says while giving a slight bow.

He waits for Cabas to continue what happens next.

Captain REX
Cabas' demonstration is finished. He bids the guards that the Force be with them and then brings you to the lift. It takes some time for the lift to return, but once it does, Cabas brings it back up to the Jedi Temple and dismisses you to your quarters to contemplate and medidate.

"The sooner this troubled moment is past, the better," Cabas says, with a reassuring smile. But he still looks as if he is feeling his age creeping up on him.

But contemplation and medidation are not on your mind, Xavier, as you sit in this room of yours.

Firstly is the Council's decision NOT to pursue Friste. You have a terrible feeling that it will not be any great length of time before Friste is ready to strike back at Republican civilians. Someone must stop him.

Second... councilling? Already this room feels like one of those cells in the secretive, locked-away dungeon, for you know that rarely will you be allowed to leave it if you are to be considered a potential danger. You could not stand it.

Newjak
Xavier tries to focus on his Master's words, but the walls feel like they are closing in. He knows they are not, but he can not shake his mind of it.

Logically placing potential threats away is a wise decision, especially when you can not kill them. Yet something continues to nag in his mind.

What is the matter. Is it the fact that you can not grasp why the Counsel would want to free slaves while doing the same to others. Why let Friste go but not them. What gives them the right!.

No that isn't it though is it? You lack the attachment needed to be concerned with what other people decide. No it is the fact you don't know the difference between those people and the ones you "saved". They mean nothing to you. Cabas and other Jedi feel the difference, but you don't. They are all just pieces of meat aren't they, resources for us to use.

That makes you wonder whether we shall get our own cozy little cell soon huh.

Xavier sits down. One face pops over and over into his head. That of the former Jedi Friste Tem.

Captain REX
One thing is for sure, Xavier. Nobody is going to act against Friste, and you are loathe to stay here and let them talk down to you...

Newjak
Xavier wants to go after Friste but first he needs to get somewhere to go. He needs a destination, but how to do so?

Captain REX
First you need a way out of the Temple... and then you need a way off of Coruscant...

Newjak
The ship he brought back with him, and Trax would be perfect to get off the planet.

Captain REX
The New Beginning is a perfect choice. It is, in fact, being repaired by Trax in the Jedi Temple hangars.

Newjak
Xavier will go and try and find Trax then.

Captain REX
Upon leaving your quarters, you are stopped by a Jedi Knight.

"Whoa, there," he says. "Where are you off to?"

Newjak
As Master Cabas once told him honesty is the best policy.

"I'm going to go talk with a friend.

Although it doesn't hurt to leave some stuff out huh!

Captain REX
"Oh, alright. Do you mind if I accompany you?"

Ah, you see what this is. The Council is keeping watch over you.

Newjak
"No sir I have no problems."

They are keeping watch over me. They are the counsel after and very wise.

Captain REX
The problem is that you will not be allowed to leave with him keeping up with you...

Newjak
Xavier isn't very good at being sneakyhmm

Anyways is there anyplace Xavier can go that the Knight can not follow into?

Captain REX
Only your quarters and the lavatory.

Newjak
Then Xavier will go into the lavatory for now. He will look for anything he can use to get out of their without using the door, vents that kinda of thing.

Captain REX
The lavatory would actually be in your quarters... but yes, there seems to be a vent.

Newjak
Then Xavier will use it to try and sneak past the Jedi Knights.

Captain REX
Sneaking past a Jedi Knight... got anything that will help that?

Newjak
Let's a see a possible distraction, maybe.

How about something that forces him to take his mind somewhere else.

And I'm drawing a blank on that.

Captain REX
The issue is more that he will sense you fooling around.

There is also your own issue of navigating the vents. There are lots of vents...

Newjak
Xavier sits and ponders.

You know for someone who is supposed to be logical you are not planning this escape very well.

"Be quiet, I'm working on this now and I need silence to concentrate."

That maybe kinda hard since I'm not actually "talking" to you to begin with.

Xavier breathes in deeply, "Very well that is a Valid point"

The problem Xavier knows is that he sensing everything going on in this room. He needs to find something that will either mask him or force the Knight to leave and go somewhere else.

Rex is there some kind of fire alarm thing in the Jedi temple or something similar?

Captain REX
I am not sure if the Temple has a fire alarm, but they have a security alarm. That only comes into use when there is an attack on the Jedi Temple, though. Last time you heard it used was the Yinchorri Uprising four years ago, when soldiers of the Yinchorri tried to infiltrate the Jedi Temple. The effort failed horribly as Master Yoda dealt with the invaders...

Masking, hmm? Do you have Inner Calm/Iron Will?

Newjak
Nope

Captain REX
Then it will be impossible to sneak past the Jedi Knight.

Newjak
Then how else can I get out of this situation.

Captain REX
Not by sneaking. Were you still planning on visiting Trax in the hangars?

Newjak
Yes Xavier was, or perhaps Trax can come and visit me?

Captain REX
It would be easier to visit, you think. What you do from there is up to you.

The New Beginning just barely fits into the hangar. Around are several Jedi starships, all much smaller and of many varieties. Your stolen freighter is immense in comparison.

Trax is repairing some fried wiring underneath it. He ducks his head and walks out from its belly as you show up.

"What can I do for you?" he asks. His pruned face crinkles in a slight smile.

Newjak
Looking over at the Jedi Knight following him he turns and responds to Trax.

"Nothing just stopping by to see how the repairs are going, friend."

Captain REX
Trax eyes the Knight.

"Who's your friend?"

"Stathos," the Knight offers his name.

Stathos wears Jedi robes of all rustic red-brown, with no outer cloak. His lightsaber hangs from his belt, slightly enlongated as it is a dual-edged weapon. He looks like Jason Statham.

Newjak
(Darn it he has been named and pictured, I'll have to kill him then hmm)

Xavier looks over the New Beginning , "So then how are the repairs coming?"

Captain REX
Oh snap.

"Almost done," Trax says. "The only problem is the armor plating. The Jedi don't have much they're willing to spare, so it is going to be a rough patch job..."

"Jedi have little use for artificial protection," Stathos says. "Skill is all that's necessary."

"Right," Trax says, skeptical.

Newjak
"Is there any you can get from outside the Jedi Temple?" Xavier asks.

Captain REX
"Got any credits?" Trax asks.

Newjak
"Probably not enough to cover the cost. so how soon do you think you can have it ready for travel?"

Captain REX
"Oh, it's ready now... why?" Trax asks.

Stathos frowns. "Yes, why?"

Newjak
"I just want to know the status of my vessel. You never know when you may need it," Xavier says looking at Trax trying to give a small hint.

Then turns to Stathos, "Always be ready and alert isn't that the Jedi way?"

Captain REX
"It doesn't hurt to be ready for the unexpected," Stathos says. "But may I remind you that you will be confined to the Jedi Temple for an unspecified length of time, young one."

Newjak
"I understand very well."

Captain REX
"Then you should not worry too much about your ship."

Trax looks confused. "You cannot leave?" he asks you.

"He cannot," Stathos speaks for you. "Xavier has been deemed a threat to himself by his inability to control his emotions. We don't want any harm to come to him or anyone else, so it is in his best interest..."

But every second you are in here, Xavier, is another second that Friste walks free.

Newjak
"Yes but what is the best interest for the Galaxy, Friste Tem is still free and he will return."

Captain REX
"The Council has made its decision," Stathos says. "They disagree with you, and that's that. Besides, the Council has suspended the Order's mandate of bringing Dark Siders to justice since that Dark Jedi debacle on Malastare..."

He is not going to listen to you. Nobody is! You are the only person who recognizes what a threat Friste could become to the Galaxy! Svidrigailov was only interested in using his small army of pirates to increase his power in the slave trade and therefore his wealth. But Friste... is different.

Your senses are not great, Xavier, having not focused on that aspect of your training, but there is a feeling buzzing at the back of your mind that Friste will only be stopped if someone goes after him.

Newjak
They won't listen to us. They will refuse to listen to us. We must show them we are right. Show them they are WRONG!

"By the will of the Counsel, can I please speak to my friend alone now."

Captain REX
Stathos frowns.

"Whatever you discuss, I am sure I can stand here and listen."

Newjak
"Very well, it was personal to Trax and I did not know if he wished to share such things in public to other people, but if you insist on putting this before his privacy so be it."

Xavier turns to Trax, "I was wishing to ask how you had been adapting to no longer being a slave?"

Captain REX
"Uh, fine, I guess," Trax says.

Keep in mind it has only been a matter of days since the fight at Varloucant.

Newjak
"So then there is nothing you would wish to speak about friend."

Captain REX
"Well... uh... the Republic is sorting out my papers," Trax says. "I'm not from here, you know. But they're granting temporary citizenship to the slaves."

Newjak
"That is the way it should be."

Captain REX
"Yeah..." Trax says. He seems really confused.

Newjak
"What do you seem confused on Trax."

Captain REX
"What are you doing?" he asks.

Newjak
"I am simply trying to check on my friend."

Captain REX
Trax is grateful but can tell that this situation is awkward.

Is there something you are actually aiming to achieve, Xavier?

Newjak
Yeah kinda sorta.

Xavier's main goal is to get make Trax realize that Xavier is trying to get a hint to him without Stathos catching on.

But what he wants to get across to Trax is when can he have the ship ready, that he knows that Xavier is trying to flee. Which is why he is trying to talk about Friste and talk about that he is a danger.

at least that is what Xavier is trying to do.

Captain REX
I can tell you that Stathos is growing more and more suspicious and irritable as this goes on. Soon he will insist upon you returning to the inner Temple, away from the starfreighter that could carry you out of the Temple and after Friste.

Newjak
So are you saying Xavier should just make a break for it

shifty

Captain REX
You may never get the chance again.

Newjak
Xavier begins to walk towards Trax. Once he gets to him he starts to walk with him.

He whispers to him, "Ok then we are about to make a break for it. We will run into the ship and get it out of here. We need to stop Friste and it looks like it is just you and me."

He takes a few more steps, "Now go."

Captain REX
Trax glances over your shoulder, his black eyes peering out from his green pruney face... and quickly backs up as Stathos lays a hand on your shoulder to prevent you going any closer to The New Beginning.

"Alright, I've had enough of this," Stathos says. "You're coming back to the living area with me..."

Newjak
NO WE ARE NOT!

Then with quickly without Xavier even telling his body to he whirls around and socks Stathos in the stomach.

Xavier will use Hard Strike, but basically only to knock the wind out of him. This way Trax and Xavier can get to the ship and take off.

Captain REX
Your violent intentions are impossible to keep to yourself without better control, and so Stathos has braced himself when your fist connects with his sternum solidly. He grunts as you force the air from his lungs for a brief moment, but he does not stagger back. Not quite what you had hoped for.

Trax hurriedly moves into the ship as Stathos responds with Channel.

Newjak
Dodge for defense.

Xavier will come back with a Headbutt into the bridge of the nose of the Jedi Knight.

If he connects solidly and stuns him, Xavier will blur to the ship.

Captain REX
Stathos is a skilled Jedi Knight, but he does not have that fighter's instinct that you do. His hands lashes out in a vicious karate chop toward your shoulder, but you interpose your arm and twist his blow aside before pulling him straight into your Headbutt. It connects solidly with his shoulder and he staggers back.

Then you turn and make a dash for the on-ramp of The New Beginning... but you stumble as Stathos activates a Reaction Push, tripping you up just as you reach the ramp. He then taps into his reserves and Speeds off ahead of you, putting himself in your way.

The engines of The New Beginning are powering up.

Newjak
Xavier doesn't waste time as he uses a combat push to try and knock Stathos out of the way.

Captain REX
Not only is Stathos braced and ready for it, but he employs another Reaction Push to combat your attempt. In this he is superior; Xavier, being the swordsman that he is, is not designed for conflicts of Force power. Stathos causes you to take a few steps back to balance yourself when his push knocks your push back on yourself.

Newjak
Xavier not wanting to drag this out further then need be will charge Stathos, and at the last second unleash a Flying Kick.

Then he will attempt to Throw the Jedi from the ramp.

Captain REX
Stathos is not on the ramp, just in front of it.

It is rather fierce when Xavier charges someone down. Stathos is physically impressive, but Xavier has height and strength on his side. Just before you close with the Jedi, you kick yourself up into the air and launch a straight-legged kick towards his chest.

Hmm... a 3. A miss.

Stathos propels himself backwards with notable agility and catches your leg, one hand on your ankle and the other on your thigh. He pushes against your thigh so that he spins you around and tosses you, with a Throw, into the opening of the hangar.

You slide to a halt on the ledge. As you get to your feet, Stathos ignites his lightsaber and holds it towards you.

"Stop this!" Stathos urges. "You are only hurting yourself!"

The New Beginning rumbles and slowly nudges out of the hangar, over your head.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>