What other characters should be guests in future Soul Calibur games?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
What characters from other videogames do you want to see in future SC games? Link was in a Soul Calibur game so why not anyone else?

I would go with either Master Chief or Raiden because if those guys were in SC games, it would be kick ass.

Blax_Hydralisk
We've already seen a SPARTAN in a video game cross-over. However MC'd still be cool, if not impractical.

I'd vote for Ryu Hayabusa and.. and....

WOLVERINE haermm

Nemesis X
Wolverine wouldn't be bad actually

SmashBro
I wanna see some Fire Emblem characters in a SC game.

Dark-Jaxx
GANONDORF 1,000,000 TIMES.

SaTsuJiN
I'd like to see a final fantasy character.. like tidus or something.. cloud would be okay too.. with outfits drawn by the soul calibur artist of course

GenomeFrozener
-Gray Fox
-Raiden
-Dante
-Alastor

Menetnashté
Raiden or Gray Fox I can see working, I'd like to see them bring back Spawn though, spawn was my favorite guest so far, hopefully they pick people who would fit, Yoda and Vader...no...just...no.

ragesRemorse
Kratos
Kratos
Kratos

or

Kratos

DigiMark007
You make a lot of threads, Nem. Not necessarily bad, but not always good either. There's already Resident Evil threads, Soul Caliber threads, etc. that these would fit in nicely with.

I'm not concerned, and it's cool that you like to talk video games. It's just some friendly advice.

Nemesis X

Obsidian Fury
Phantom Miria from the Claymore anime/manga.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by DigiMark007
You make a lot of threads, Nem. Not necessarily bad, but not always good either. There's already Resident Evil threads, Soul Caliber threads, etc. that these would fit in nicely with.

I'm not concerned, and it's cool that you like to talk video games. It's just some friendly advice.

I do enjoy coming on here chatting about videogames and I really try not sounding like an ass but I'm already sounding like one in the
MK vs. DC thread lol

Also I keep making these "vs" threads in Games 'Versus' Forums and nobody seems to be responding in some them such as "Pyramid Head vs. Robbie the Rabbit", "Snake vs. Silent Hill", "Ethan Thomas vs. Lucas Kane". Nobody responding in them just depresses me sad

Sol Valentine
-Hayabusa
-Nariko
-Dante
-Nero
-Samanosuke Akechi

Morridini
Mario!
Or maybe Aragorn and Frodo wjile we are at it!

Vampire Savior
Dante/Vergil, Alastor or Cloud/Sephiroth would be the best things to have ever happened to SC...

ESB -1138
Mario

Nemesis X
You know who should be in SoulCalibur? Pyramid Head smile

jaden101
Beatrix Kiddo
Morpheus
Connor Macleod

CaptainStoic
Nariko from Heavenly Sword.
Kratos
Blade
Lobo

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I'd like to see a final fantasy character.. like tidus or something.. cloud would be okay too.. with outfits drawn by the soul calibur artist of course

i think Auron of FFX would fit in with SC

SaTsuJiN
sora would be cool too.. and his 2p outfit can be the black zipper hoodie coat thing...

as for his size just make him as big as talim.. so he's not messed up like yoda

Blax_Hydralisk
I still say Wolverine would be awesome. And with his gay origins thing, he could actually fit since he was a samurai...

Dark-Jaxx
Isn't Origins the series that pretty much shoved a 14 inch cock up the history of the previously established character Wolverine?

Seriously, Ganondrof IMO would be the perfect choice.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Isn't Origins the series that pretty much shoved a 14 inch cock up the history of the previously established character Wolverine?

Seriously, Ganondrof IMO would be the perfect choice.

Yep, that and it made everyone he fought job like hell. Deadpool went from being able to regenerate from a puddle on the floor in under a minute to taking half of an issue to regrow one finger in Origins.

There was actually a big push in the comic vs. to have the series be deemed non-canon/PIS as far as debating is concerned.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Yep, that and it made everyone he fought job like hell. Deadpool went from being able to regenerate from a puddle on the floor in under a minute to taking half of an issue to regrow one finger in Origins.

There was actually a big push in the comic vs. to have the series be deemed non-canon/PIS as far as debating is concerned. Yeah I remember that. Didn't read it honestly, I heard it fvcked up Wolverine(the character) so much I refused to. Also from what I hear, Wolverine willingly murdered hundreds of innocents in the series, which fvcks up his background severely.

xxxpoppunker182
any fighting game+ link=awesomeness

Burning thought
Kratos
Dante/Vergil
Kain
Nariko
Illidan from Warcraft

ragesRemorse
Godzilla

Nemesis X
seriously, Ganondrof IMO would be the perfect choice.

And Sauron.

Dark-Jaxx
No. Not Sauron, he is too weak. If someone hit his hand he would die.

Nemesis X
No. Not Sauron, he is too weak. If someone hit his hand he would die.

People didn't want any Star Wars characters in Soul Calibur but look what happened there. HA!

Burning thought
pre-third/second age sauron would be better, the large dog would be a good Critical kill and they would only have to take away PIS to nullify finger destroying.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Nemesis X
People didn't want any Star Wars characters in Soul Calibur but look what happened there. HA! The difference being SW characters are not weak, Yoda or Vader would solo the SC cast. smile

Menetnashté
Spawn should return in more Soul Calibur games. The hell's wrong with Vader being in SC? I think it's cool if you ask me.

Yoda however in the game has a ridiculous plot why he's in there. "Disturbance in the Force" yeah that never gets old *sarcasm*
Not crazy about Lightsabers in Soulcaliber is all. However Pyramid Head is something I could picture in Soul Caliber, maybe Butcher, though Pyramid Head is more common so I'd think if they did go with someone it'd be him.

Kero_Co
-Joe Musashi
-Jon Snow
-Master Shake
-ExDeath
-Karas

Nemesis X

ESB -1138
The difference being SW characters are not weak, Yoda or Vader would solo the SC cast. smile

Sure m'kay. Sauron > Yoda and Vader

But any who: I doubt we'll see any Marvel or DC character appear in any SoulCalibur games what with Marvel vs Capcom and Mortal Kombat vs DC. There could be a SoulCalibur vs Dark Horse.

DarkC
Master Chief (Halo)
Thrall (World of Warcraft)
Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy)
Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
Marth (Fire Emblem)

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Sure m'kay. Sauron > Yoda and Vader.

Not according to personal feats. smile

Superboy Prime
Please....no more fkn cloud n fkn seph.

Blax_Hydralisk
Yeah **** thsose guys.

Wolverine or bust!

Rulk will do as well. 131

Superboy Prime
Hayabusa would fit in nicely.

He would so pimp Taki...though he kind of likes blondes...he is a busty blondes magnet

Vampire Savior
STRIDER!!!

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Sure m'kay. Sauron > Yoda and Vader Not by feats.

Sauron lost a finger and could not keep physical form.

Vader lost his arms and legs, and the rest of him is badly burned, and he is still one of the strongest characters in all of Star Wars.

Nemesis X
Not by feats.

Sauron lost a finger and could not keep physical form.

Vader lost his arms and legs, and the rest of him is badly burned, and he is still one of the strongest characters in all of Star Wars.

I hate to say it but Dark-Jaxx proves a point.

Burning thought
He doesnt prove any point, he didnt lose his finger, he lost all his power and being, the one ring, if his other hand had been torn off it wouldnt have mattered but since the ring was lost ,he is defeated

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Burning thought
He doesnt prove any point, he didnt lose his finger, he lost all his power and being, the one ring, if his other hand had been torn off it wouldnt have mattered but since the ring was lost ,he is defeated

That's still not a personal feat, in favor of Sauron.

And I guess no one bothered to tell him that having all of your power on one ****ing finger is one of the most retarded things you can ever do in an age where everyone and his mother has a sword. I mean seriously, he didn't even go out ina blaze of glory. Isiuldor was laying on his ass with a broken sword and still pwned him. Some six year old brat coulda gotten lucky with a potato peeler and done the sam thing. It's stupid.

Sauron is overrated. Even his early 3rd age and 2nd age self is overrated. All of his real powers are implied, like Gandalf, who's also overrated in terms of power.

SaTsuJiN
-I'd like to see Zero with his saber.. from the old Megaman X games

-The girl from Heavenly Sword

-Hotsuma, from Shinobi

-Grey Fox

-Li Mu Bai, from Crouching Tiger : Hidden Dragon

-Alucard

Thunder Fox
hmmm
Zero from Megaman Zero Series
Ike or Black Knight from firemblem
maybe snake just for the hell of it

Blax_Hydralisk
Someone from Dynasty Warriors would be cool to.

Dark-Jaxx
He doesnt prove any point, he didnt lose his finger, he lost all his power and being, the one ring, if his other hand had been torn off it wouldnt have mattered but since the ring was lost ,he is defeated And that still doesn't change the fact that he has NO real feats that are noteworthy under his own power.

Pointless semantics. Either way you look at it, all you have to do to beat Sauron is hack off his fvcking finger.

Like Blax said, Sauron's "powers" are only implied.

Burning thought
That's still not a personal feat, in favor of Sauron.

And I guess no one bothered to tell him that having all of your power on one ****ing finger is one of the most retarded things you can ever do in an age where everyone and his mother has a sword. I mean seriously, he didn't even go out ina blaze of glory. Isiuldor was laying on his ass with a broken sword and still pwned him. Some six year old brat coulda gotten lucky with a potato peeler and done the sam thing. It's stupid.

Sauron is overrated. Even his early 3rd age and 2nd age self is overrated. All of his real powers are implied, like Gandalf, who's also overrated in terms of power.

Six year old thing slightly amusing but false but he still has a great amount of power in his swings, he would be like a combination of Astaroth and Nightmare in the game, he has huge long range like Nightmare and damage of Astaroth as well as the knockbacks, he would be an incredible force, you dont have to be as powerful as all the canon characters to be in the game, otherwise some of the weak @ss ones like some of the ordinairy humans wouldnt last long.

And that still doesn't change the fact that he has NO real feats that are noteworthy under his own power.

Pointless semantics. Either way you look at it, all you have to do to beat Sauron is hack off his fvcking finger.

Like Blax said, Sauron's "powers" are only implied.

THats not necesserily true, what would be more true is to say he has no real feats that the people who actually have read the books cba to go and bother looking up

yeh, and all you have to do to most beings is hack off their head, ime sure most beings in soul caliber die if you chop their heads off? or run them through? a lot of them are humans so i would think so.

Dark-Jaxx
THats not necesserily true, what would be more true is to say he has no real feats that the people who actually have read the books cba to go and bother looking up

yeh, and all you have to do to most beings is hack off their head, ime sure most beings in soul caliber die if you chop their heads off? or run them through? a lot of them are humans so i would think so. 1. I read the books. No real impressive feats.

2. And a head is much harder to hack off than a finger.

Burning thought
1. Including the Simlarillion?

2. You think so? what makes you say that? sure, the neck is thicker (as if that means much if a sword is carving through it at speeds) but its a much larger target, easier to hit and when Sauron is swinging his mace exploding with power from his ring its not easy to hit, PIS is the only reason Sauron in the films at least gets defeated due to a ridiculous action and you dont get such evetns when your actually playing as the character in a game do you, so its not a matter, you would defeat most characters in Soul caliber by chopping their fingers off, you couldnt hold a weapon very well if at all and your ability would be diminished.

Dark-Jaxx
1. Including the Simlarillion?

2. You think so? what makes you say that? sure, the neck is thicker (as if that means much if a sword is carving through it at speeds) but its a much larger target, easier to hit and when Sauron is swinging his mace exploding with power from his ring its not easy to hit, PIS is the only reason Sauron in the films at least gets defeated due to a ridiculous action and you dont get such evetns when your actually playing as the character in a game do you, so its not a matter, you would defeat most characters in Soul caliber by chopping their fingers off, you couldnt hold a weapon very well if at all and your ability would be diminished. 1. Actually I have only been able to do online research on t3h Similarillion, but no feat anyone has brought up by Sauron even begins to rival the opponents people think Sauron could beat.

2. Thicker, harder to reach, possesses more bone. And who says you HAVE to go for the finger? Why not the arm or hand?

Burning thought
1. thats right, no feat brough up, and my excuse is pure lazyness to bother going through the fat book the Silmarillion is to find something, but hes still no wimp at least

2. Its not that much thicker if your bringing up arms and hands now, a neck isnt usually as thick as an arm, depending on the size of the person, harder to reach? you think Dante swinging his sword like crazy would be easy to cut his fingers off? the head is a much larger target adn still vulerable

but as I said to Blax, you dont have to be the most powerful being to be in Soul caliber

Dark-Jaxx
Yeah I know. I'm just busting your balls.

Burning thought
excellent

anyway Kain would be the best to add

Dark-Jaxx
Nah, no one knows who he is. There would be a better chance of Kirby being in the game(which would be friggin awesome btw).

Sol Valentine
Even though barely anyone knows N3....

Inphyy
Aspharr
Dwingvatt
Klarrann
Myifee

Burning thought
Nah, no one knows who he is. There would be a better chance of Kirby being in the game(which would be friggin awesome btw).

err what? a lot of people do, hes not an icon but a lot of people know who Kain and Raziel are from all sexes as well, its better than a mostly masculine character like Ganon and Kirby? isnt he already in a fighting game and so is Ganon for that matter so whats the point?

Ganon is basically the same as Argol in design if you took away the Cartoony legend of Zelda graphics

Dark-Jaxx
err what? a lot of people do, hes not an icon but a lot of people know who Kain and Raziel are from all sexes as well, its better than a mostly masculine character like Ganon and Kirby? isnt he already in a fighting game and so is Ganon for that matter so whats the point?

Ganon is basically the same as Argol in design if you took away the Cartoony legend of Zelda graphics 1. I was joking with Kirby. And Link was in another fighting game, yet was in Soul Calibur 2. Hell, Heihachi is a character that originated in a fighting game, was also in SC2. And Kain is not as well known as Vader, Yoda, Ganon, Kirby, Link, Heihachi, or Spawn, like it or not, LOK is not as popular a series as you would like. I'm not saying it should not be more popular, it has fun gameplay and a great story, but we live in a Halo generation BT. smile

2. ...No he's not. erm

That was an incredibly stupid statement.

Nemesis X
Master Chief would have been perfect in Soul Calibur but I doubt it'll ever happen (god I hope I'm wrong). It also sucks that with all the rumors saying that Kratos would appear, really didn't appear and I'm thinking "Why not?". Whoever created God of War clearly didn't like Namco or its game Soul Calibur.

Burning thought
1. I was joking with Kirby. And Link was in another fighting game, yet was in Soul Calibur 2. Hell, Heihachi is a character that originated in a fighting game, was also in SC2. And Kain is not as well known as Vader, Yoda, Ganon, Kirby, Link, Heihachi, or Spawn, like it or not, LOK is not as popular a series as you would like. I'm not saying it should not be more popular, it has fun gameplay and a great story, but we live in a Halo generation BT. smile

2. ...No he's not. erm

That was an incredibly stupid statement.

1. Well then imo their bad ideas if their already in a fighting game, you may as well simply play that fighting game if you want to see that character in a fighting game or play as that character also Ganon is well known? since when? Link is well known and how is Spawn well known as well? can you show me this please.

2. yes he is, in clothing and they both have red hair, their faces are not but the overall combat style would be similiar, just with fireballs for ganon instead of bouncing energy balls, I imagine they would be very similiar in play style.

Also Nemesis explain to me how Master chief would even be interesting in Soul caliber? hes completly diffrent to all of them since his main weapons are guns, they would have to give him an energy sword unless they fit him in as a long range character which imo would fail in so many ways judging the Soul cal 4 environments, theres not enough distance.

A character has to be fun imo to join Soul cal 4, not populour and Kain has more moves and abilities that could be represtented as well as an adult fantasy aroma, he would be a better choice than MC, Ganon, Cloud and Sephiroth and a lot of more populour characters, especially since several of those choices ive listed seem to have a fighting game already, it seems a little pointless and overdone imo if they are also in Soul cal.

FistOfThe North
To switch the subject for a sec, i think that they should make a Star Wars Jedi fighting game just like this with all the best Jedis, Dark Jedi's, apprentices, padawans and sith's past and present even Gen. Grev. The saber fight would be more intune with much more genuine lightsaber battle that what they have in SC4.

But to get back I'd have a couple of "Highlander" guys in it.

Dark-Jaxx
1. Well then imo their bad ideas if their already in a fighting game, you may as well simply play that fighting game if you want to see that character in a fighting game or play as that character also Ganon is well known? since when? Link is well known and how is Spawn well known as well? can you show me this please.

2. yes he is, in clothing and they both have red hair, their faces are not but the overall combat style would be similiar, just with fireballs for ganon instead of bouncing energy balls, I imagine they would be very similiar in play style. 1. Well SC already did it sooooo...Yeah. Also, Super Smash Bro. and Tekken play differently than SC. Ganon is well known as the villain of Soul Calibur and is regarded as one of the greatest videogame villains of all time. Link is definately well known. Spawn has had videogames, a TV series, a live action movie, and is an entire comik book series. Of course he is well known, probably not on Link's level, but still.

2. no expression

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imagemessedc4Algol.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Ganondorf-Brawl.png

I hardly see any resemblance. erm

And Ganon is also far bigger than Algol(I think), and would be more of a "power" character, with use of a giant sword he wields in one hand(like in TP).

Burning thought
1. Well SC already did it sooooo...Yeah. Also, Super Smash Bro. and Tekken play differently than SC. Ganon is well known as the villain of Soul Calibur and is regarded as one of the greatest videogame villains of all time. Link is definately well known. Spawn has had videogames, a TV series, a live action movie, and is an entire comik book series. Of course he is well known, probably not on Link's level, but still.

2. no expression

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imagemessedc4Algol.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Ganondorf-Brawl.png

I hardly see any resemblance. erm

And Ganon is also far bigger than Algol(I think), and would be more of a "power" character, with use of a giant sword he wields in one hand(like in TP).

1. yh and its a bad idea imo, thus I think its better to have characters not already in fighting games in games, Kratos, Dante, Kain are all good examples. Ganon the villain of soul caliber? you lost me after this sorry....?

THat doesnt mean much at all, Spawn in a videogame? ive never heard of that so he cannot be on much of an escalon of popularity and I can also list that LOK has a game series of 5 which is fairly impressive, male and female fans across the net, fanfictions in the thousands, Action figuires and even disturbing sexual artwork.

2. http://www.gamercenteronline.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/ganondorf_2.jpg

This ganon looks similiar to this guy: if you imagine him with red hair like the 2nd player version of Algol

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b4/Sc4Algol.jpg

whats make me say that is that the armour is similiar colour scheme and shows a "tribal warrior" look, both Ganon and Algol look like they would be at home in an Aztech/Atlantis theme, isnt Ganon from a place like Atlantis? ime prob thinking of someone else but anyway they look like that to me, and as I said, they still have similiar projectile usage as well.

Ganon still wouldnt be as interesting character as Kain to add to Soulcaliber, neither would MC or Spawn, Dante and Kratos would be on the level though.

SaTsuJiN
I'd like to see a star gladiator character.. or maybe someone from samurai showdown as well

Vampire Savior
Where da phuck is Strider tho, for reel.

Dark-Jaxx
1. yh and its a bad idea imo, thus I think its better to have characters not already in fighting games in games, Kratos, Dante, Kain are all good examples. Ganon the villain of soul caliber? you lost me after this sorry....?

THat doesnt mean much at all, Spawn in a videogame? ive never heard of that so he cannot be on much of an escalon of popularity and I can also list that LOK has a game series of 5 which is fairly impressive, male and female fans across the net, fanfictions in the thousands, Action figuires and even disturbing sexual artwork.

2. http://www.gamercenteronline.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/ganondorf_2.jpg

This ganon looks similiar to this guy: if you imagine him with red hair like the 2nd player version of Algol

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b4/Sc4Algol.jpg

whats make me say that is that the armour is similiar colour scheme and shows a "tribal warrior" look, both Ganon and Algol look like they would be at home in an Aztech/Atlantis theme, isnt Ganon from a place like Atlantis? ime prob thinking of someone else but anyway they look like that to me, and as I said, they still have similiar projectile usage as well.

Ganon still wouldnt be as interesting character as Kain to add to Soulcaliber, neither would MC or Spawn, Dante and Kratos would be on the level though. 1. Well IMO it's not. Kratos and Dante(as much as I wish he was dead) would be better choices than Kain. It was a typo, I meant well known as the villain of Legend of Zelda, which is also easily much more well known than LoK.

Spawn is not a videogame character. He originated from comics, and has hundreds of issues of the comic. Does Kain have his own TV series? Or his own Live Action movie? Spawn has had 3 videogames I think. Spawn is Image Comics posterboy. Legacy of Kain will never be as well known as Spawn. There is disturbing sexual artwork and fanfictions of damn near everything. Legend of Zelda has a game series of over 10 games, and an incredibly crappy TV series.

2. Their faces are nothing alike at all, with Ganon's being rounder, and he has a long pointed nose. Ganon as I said is much larger and possesses a more muscular build. The only real similarity is both have armor.

Burning thought
1. Well IMO it's not. Kratos and Dante(as much as I wish he was dead) would be better choices than Kain. It was a typo, I meant well known as the villain of Legend of Zelda, which is also easily much more well known than LoK.

Spawn is not a videogame character. He originated from comics, and has hundreds of issues of the comic. Does Kain have his own TV series? Or his own Live Action movie? Spawn has had 3 videogames I think. Spawn is Image Comics posterboy. Legacy of Kain will never be as well known as Spawn. There is disturbing sexual artwork and fanfictions of damn near everything. Legend of Zelda has a game series of over 10 games, and an incredibly crappy TV series.

2. Their faces are nothing alike at all, with Ganon's being rounder, and he has a long pointed nose. Ganon as I said is much larger and possesses a more muscular build. The only real similarity is both have armor.

1. Kratos and Dante wouldnt be better, Kain has more unique moves, wheras Dante would be less interesting since he would simply be a combintion of whats already in the game wheras Kratos could be a blood thirsty wheel of death as he spins his blades and could be a combo of speed and strength but for balance lack of endurance with special moves and throws involving the powers he gains, the guy could use his Golden fleece as his guard so he would be a good choice but Kain has teleportations, forcelike TK powers and unique aspects like his diffrent reaver powers to make unique gameplay. And where are the stats for your "more well known than LOK", in England I know perhaps an equel number of people who know LOK just as they do LOZ, Soul reaver was a very populour multi gender game at its time so LOZ must just be a American popularity thing unless youve got worldwide stats or something erm

I know he oringnates in comics...

once again all that doesnt make him more populour, a TV series? its not even a great film really, i never remember that film being populour, ime sure a lot of characters have films but it must once agian just be an American thing, theres no Spawn fanism where ime from, LOK is more well known that Spawn in my area, where are you getting the "more well known" info from?

2. their themes of Atlanteon/Aztech style are exactley along the same lines and their armour bears the resemblance to eachother in colour scheme as well and if we were using the redd hair Algol they would be even more similiar

Dark-Jaxx
1. Kratos and Dante wouldnt be better, Kain has more unique moves, wheras Dante would be less interesting since he would simply be a combintion of whats already in the game wheras Kratos could be a blood thirsty wheel of death as he spins his blades and could be a combo of speed and strength but for balance lack of endurance with special moves and throws involving the powers he gains, the guy could use his Golden fleece as his guard so he would be a good choice but Kain has teleportations, forcelike TK powers and unique aspects like his diffrent reaver powers to make unique gameplay. And where are the stats for your "more well known than LOK", in England I know perhaps an equel number of people who know LOK just as they do LOZ, Soul reaver was a very populour multi gender game at its time so LOZ must just be a American popularity thing unless youve got worldwide stats or something erm

I know he oringnates in comics...

once again all that doesnt make him more populour, a TV series? its not even a great film really, i never remember that film being populour, ime sure a lot of characters have films but it must once agian just be an American thing, theres no Spawn fanism where ime from, LOK is more well known that Spawn in my area, where are you getting the "more well known" info from?

2. their themes of Atlanteon/Aztech style are exactley along the same lines and their armour bears the resemblance to eachother in colour scheme as well and if we were using the redd hair Algol they would be even more similiar 1. But once again, they are much more well known than Kain. LoZ is much more popular than LoK worldwide...MUCH more popular. There is over twice as many LoZ games as there are LoK games, they sell much more than LoK. This is all fact.

He appears in virtually all areas of fiction. His film actually had decent reviews. Yeah he had an animated TV show, it was quite hilarious in fact. Spawn sold 1.7 million copies with the first issue alone.

2. Atlanteon? no expression

How do you look at Ganon, and think "Atlantis?"

They look nothing alike, the color scheme is different, their builds are different, their armor is different, their weapons would be different.

And your pic of Ganon is outdated.

outavodka
Originally posted by Vampire Savior
Where da phuck is Strider tho, for reel. wish they made more games with him
ichigo
renji
kenpachi

Sol Valentine
Originally posted by outavodka
wish they made more games with him
ichigo
renji
kenpachi

There was a vid with a created 'Renji' in SC3.

But he'd be like Ivy, just 20x stronger.

SaTsuJiN
Leon Kennedy, with a brass knuckle on one hand and a machete / combat knife in the other (cuz I think a pistol would be too overpowered)

Burning thought
1. But once again, they are much more well known than Kain. LoZ is much more popular than LoK worldwide...MUCH more popular. There is over twice as many LoZ games as there are LoK games, they sell much more than LoK. This is all fact.

He appears in virtually all areas of fiction. His film actually had decent reviews. Yeah he had an animated TV show, it was quite hilarious in fact. Spawn sold 1.7 million copies with the first issue alone.

2. Atlanteon? no expression

How do you look at Ganon, and think "Atlantis?"

They look nothing alike, the color scheme is different, their builds are different, their armor is different, their weapons would be different.

And your pic of Ganon is outdated.

1. Can I see these stats please?

2, yeh, because he fits the image, part Indian as well in that pic of ganon as well.

Sol Valentine
Oh, and Teresa from Claymore

Mr Shindiggery
http://www.jucaushii.ro/images/news/devil_may_cry_4.jpg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/devilmaycry/images/thumb/d/d6/Nero0.jpg/300px-Nero0.jpg

http://www.wallpaperpimper.com/wallpaper/Games/Tekken_5/Tekken-5-Namco-1-1024x768.jpg

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/hidden09/hidden09.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k178/True_Evil_2006/Star%20Wars/455px-DarthBane-frontal.jpg

Nemesis X
I think a pistol would be too overpowered

So is a lightsaber but look what happened there.

SaTsuJiN
lightsaber doesnt fly across the screen in SC IV now does it?

Nemesis X
It does if you throw it.

Burning thought
What do you mean? theres energy blasts that Argol fires, theres projectile weapons in the game already

SaTsuJiN
yeah Argol's projectiles move slow as shit...

and shit that goes lightning quick for full screen is retarded, thats why you dont see the forcers whippin their lightsaber full power across the screen, or cervantes just shooting his gunsword whenever he feels like

it would make the game a miserable experience

Nemesis X
This doesn't feel right. I think it's retarded that lightsabers can't cut anything in half whenever they get in contact with something. Which is why the KOTOR games felt half sucky. I just pray to Lucasarts that they make a rated M star wars game where the lightsaber actually cuts something and people.

DX5
Isn't it Algol first of all?

And yeah his projectiles are totally useless unless you're within grabbing distance from him.

Good future guest characters would be Mario, Master Chief, Sonic, Megaman, Raziel and Wolverine from X-men.

Blax_Hydralisk
Wolverine is the best, dammit.

First_Tsurugi06
Wolverine...now those claws of his, those things would cut through Mitsurugi's sword bar none.

Nemesis X
How can Wolverine's blades slice Mitsurugi's sword in half? Mitsurugi's sword was powerful enough to go up against a lightsaber.

MadMel
Wolverine is the best, dammit.
raz would school him with his free will stick out tongue

Blax_Hydralisk
Wolverine would claw his way from death.

Dark-Jaxx
Wolverine got knocked out by Captain America. He sucks.

Blax_Hydralisk
Captain America is a walking PIS machine.

jalek moye
Gambit

captain america so he can show those girls how to really use a shield

maybe baraka

Dark-Jaxx
I think Red Hulk should be in this game.

Huc not strongest there is.

Ruc strongest there is.

jalek moye
I think Red Hulk should be in this game.

Huc not strongest there is.

Ruc strongest there is.

the whole un armed thing is really their style now maybe if they had hulk use his green scar equipment.

Or how about the silver savage

no one better miek

Blax_Hydralisk
I was always partial to No-name, personally.

jalek moye
i just had the greatest idea ever

They should have Deadpool

i can just imagine his dialouge now

DX5
How can Wolverine's blades slice Mitsurugi's sword in half? Mitsurugi's sword was powerful enough to go up against a lightsaber. I never knew the Shishi-oh or whatever the hell it's called was anything more than an ordinary Katana.

jalek moye
Originally posted by DX5
I never knew the Shishi-oh or whatever the hell it's called was anything more than an ordinary Katana.

in soul calibur everyones weapon is mystical

Burning thought
yeah Argol's projectiles move slow as shit...

and shit that goes lightning quick for full screen is retarded, thats why you dont see the forcers whippin their lightsaber full power across the screen, or cervantes just shooting his gunsword whenever he feels like

it would make the game a miserable experience

Then the projectiles would have to be slowed down or simply do pathetic damage but usable if you want a quick long range assault, and the gun weapons could have reload times to further balance it, sort of like the force for force users, there could be an ammo barat the top and if you use the wepaon up theres a reload time

apoc001
Thor should make a guest appearance.

CaptainStoic
How about Conan?

MadMel
Originally posted by Mr Shindiggery
http://www.jucaushii.ro/images/news/devil_may_cry_4.jpg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/devilmaycry/images/thumb/d/d6/Nero0.jpg/300px-Nero0.jpg

http://www.wallpaperpimper.com/wallpaper/Games/Tekken_5/Tekken-5-Namco-1-1024x768.jpg

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/hidden09/hidden09.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k178/True_Evil_2006/Star%20Wars/455px-DarthBane-frontal.jpg
is that darth plaegus?
wtf is he doing in this thread?

Blax_Hydralisk
That's Darth Bane.

Nemesis X
I think that Sephiroth should appear in a Soul Calibur game.

Darth Jello
meh...Shanoa and Alucard?

jinXed by JaNx
the ninja turtles

NemeBro
GANONDORF.

Ridley_Prime
Agreed, since Link was in one of the previous ones. ^^

And no Sephiroth or Dante please. sick

SpadeKing
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Agreed, since Link was in one of the previous ones. ^^

And no Sephiroth or Dante please. sick

why not add a guy who has a definate reach advantage with a 10 ft sword?

WO Polaski
zabuza.

or better yet kirabi.

Nemesis X
no Sephiroth or Dante please. sick

Hey at least Sephiroth is better than Dante.

Hey would anyone agree that Soul Calibur should have Pyramid Head?

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by SpadeKing
why not add a guy who has a definate reach advantage with a 10 ft sword?
Well, when ya put it that way, I supppose so... *shrug*

Hey at least Sephiroth is better than Dante.
True. erm

As for Pyramid Head, I dunno.. Maybe.

WO Polaski
hes too slow.

Ridley_Prime
And Vader isn't?

Nemesis X
Vader is slow and yet I still own Algol on hard difficulty. Having Pyramid Head would be a great idea but the only problem putting a guy like him in Soul Calibur is a plot. Maybe PH is sent there to spread Silent Hill's curse or maybe if he obtains Soul Edge he can no longer be bound to Silent Hill anymore.

NemeBro
Or maybe we should stick to picking characters who can at least somewhat be realistically put in the game?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by NemeBro
Or maybe we should stick to picking characters who can at least somewhat be realistically put in the game?

Vader shouldn't have been able to realistically be put in SC either and not that many people are complaining. How did Vader appear in SC? Simple, a portal opened up in his universe. As long as we have the trusty portal, we can have anyone in Soul Calibur.

NemeBro
Vader is a physical, "real" character.

Pyramid Head is an abstract concept that does not truly "exist" in physical terms.

Nemesis X
Vader is a physical, "real" character.

Pyramid Head is an abstract concept that does not truly "exist" in physical terms.

Does it matter? PH can still lose in sword fights so it can be fair. Not like Namco would give him infinite health.

WO Polaski
And Vader isn't?

vaders at least ten or twenty times faster then ph on ph's best day.

SpadeKing
Afro Samurai eek!

Obsidian Fury
Taskmaster stick out tongue

FistOfThe North
Strider

Ryu/ninja gaiden

The main dude from "Actraiser"

Trunks/DBZ

He-Man

Lion - O

&

Deadpool

And have all of 'em on there with all the othe SC players..

Darth Maul

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Obsidian Fury
Taskmaster stick out tongue

That would be bad ass. Taskmaster would be the new Olcadan.

Nemesis X
Put in Leonidas from 300. That would be bad ass.

Obsidian Fury
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
That would be bad ass. Taskmaster would be the new Olcadan.

Indeed.

That, I'm afraid I do not agree on stick out tongue

FistOfThe North

Come to think about it that would be badass.

You could knock his helmet off. And he'll have both a spear and a sword, one on each hand.

Or he could have the option of buying and playing with the spartan shield and a sword or a spear.

And his stage would be at that pass where he died. Make it a thunderstom too.

NemeBro
If Leonidas is in the game, anything but his spear and shield would be gay.

Spear and sword would be a Hilde clone.

Sword and shield a Cassanda/Sophitia one.

Nemesis X
If Leonidas is in the game, anything but his spear and shield would be gay.

Spear and sword would be a Hilde clone.

Sword and shield a Cassanda/Sophitia one.

So you think with the similar weapons, he'll have the same fighting style as the other SC characters? Bullcrap, he would have his own fierce fighting style. It would be like saying since Starkiller has the same weapon as Vader, Starkiller too would be slow.

WO Polaski
leoniadas fighting style in the movies follows a Spartan/Athenian/Greek fighting styke.

cassandra and sophithias' fighting styles follow a Spartan/Athenian/Greek fighting style.

Hilde follows a Spartan/Athenian/Greek fighting style.

not only do they have the same weapons but they fight the same so no he wouldnt have his own style unless they created something entirely new.

vader and starkiller dont have the same style because within their respective universes they have different styles. galen uses a one-handed juyo varient while vader uses a custom made djem/so variant. anakin uses djem so and obi-wan uses soresu, these are all different styles for one weapon. the lightsaber has seven diffeent fighting styles altogether. sword and shield and spear and sword dont have a lot of different styles only a couple and all of them are already in the game.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by WO Polaski
leoniadas fighting style in the movies follows a Spartan/Athenian/Greek fighting styke.

cassandra and sophithias' fighting styles follow a Spartan/Athenian/Greek fighting style.

Hilde follows a Spartan/Athenian/Greek fighting style.

not only do they have the same weapons but they fight the same so no he wouldnt have his own style unless they created something entirely new.

vader and starkiller dont have the same style because within their respective universes they have different styles. galen uses a one-handed juyo varient while vader uses a custom made djem/so variant. anakin uses djem so and obi-wan uses soresu, these are all different styles for one weapon. the lightsaber has seven diffeent fighting styles altogether. sword and shield and spear and sword dont have a lot of different styles only a couple and all of them are already in the game.

And yet when I see Kratos in Broken Destiny, he's doesn't have the same moves as either Hilde or Sophitia and Kratos is Spartan.

You do realize I brought Vader and Marek up to make a point right?

It wouldn't be that hard to give Leonidas a different fighting style from the SC cast.

WO Polaski
kratos uses weapons that no one else in the game uses and in his own game fights with a style different from everyone.

your point was wrong is my point.

hed have to be altered so that hed be completely different from how he is in his own movie. if it gets to that point why even bother using him?

NemeBro
I thought Galen Marek's style was a Shien variant?

WO Polaski
its technically "shien/dejm so". you dont learn one part of it without learning the other most of the time. but, im lazy.

NemeBro
You said his style was a Juyo variant though. mmm

Isn't the only real difference between Shien and Djem So is that Djem So is more suited for saber combat?

WO Polaski
my bad.

i think so. i think djem-so is specially designed to deflect blaster bolts back at people. or maybe its shien that does that. i dont know lol.

Nemesis X
You guys are making me run out of ideas. Heck I guess I'll say Jason Voorhees.

XanatosForever
my bad.

i think so. i think djem-so is specially designed to deflect blaster bolts back at people. or maybe its shien that does that. i dont know lol.

Soresu is the diplomatic form, and the one that specializes in deflect blaster bolts. It's a total defense form, which is why Obi Wan was able to defeat Anakin at the end of RotS.

It's also what made him the perfect choice to battle Grievous. He would know how to be patient and utilize his opponents weaknesses to his advantage.

NemeBro
my bad.

i think so. i think djem-so is specially designed to deflect blaster bolts back at people. or maybe its shien that does that. i dont know lol. No I am pretty sure it is Shien that does that lol.

Ridley_Prime
GENERAL GRIEVOUS!

Obsidian Fury
my bad.

Shien is the most adept blaster deflect form, indeed.

Originally posted by XanatosForever
Soresu is the diplomatic form, and the one that specializes in deflect blaster bolts. It's a total defense form, which is why Obi Wan was able to defeat Anakin at the end of RotS.

It's also what made him the perfect choice to battle Grievous. He would know how to be patient and utilize his opponents weaknesses to his advantage.

Shien is a more efficient counter to blaster shots, but Soresu was originally brought to life for that purpose. Soresu maximizes defense over offense, which makes it a useful counter-blaster form. Shien is better if you want to deflect rounds though. The reason Soresu was the original blaster form was because the Jedi would battle in a way that made him expose minimal target area. Then by working with tight, efficient moves, he could easily deflect blasters. The more they battled blaster shots, the more comfortable they became and the more efficient became the Shien form.

If a battalion of droids came my way, I'd rather have Shien.

Sado22
akuma laughing

FistOfThe North
Jubei from "Ninja Scroll".

Sado22
Guts!! Happy Dance

that'd be badass.

Mairuzu
Sora

SaTsuJiN
I think the thing that sucks about guest chars in soul calibur games are how dumbed down they get..

I'd rather the soul calibur characters get beefed up to fight the guests rather than have the guests get nerfed for the sake of the SC fighters

its like.. xmen vs street fighter all over again

WO Polaski
why would you prefer that? itd be a complete pain in the ass to explain why every character in the game is suddenly strong enough to fight spawn.

Q'Anilia
If every character would be amped to Spawn level, or upcoming Kratos, then the game would take a whole new turn. Not for the better, I'd say. I like Soul Calibur at the calibur it's right now.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>