What scares you in movies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ghostgirl
After seeing BW2 and not getting too scared. I wondered what scared other people in movies? People being chased down scares me. Happy Dance

The Exorcist scared me too! The whole movie! eek!

Baby's Breath the movie

BackFire349
bw2 scared me, the fact that sucha horrible movie could be made was very scary

mah
The Shining *shudders*

Tex
Any movie with Pauly Shore.

Julie
I try to stay away from things that will scare me.

L.E.
i get scared of anything in the movies.

zimbo
I scared of zombi gays.or gay vampires same to me.

BackFire349
the shining scared me. still does.

mah
I don't know if it still does for me, cause I'm not watching that again!

Bad Boy
Alien abductions.

VampirePrincess
I never get scarred of movies... The fact is I prefer the villian over the good guy. I never get scarred. I was a wierd child anyway. lol

finti
actually nothing

BackFire349
you probably havent seen enough horror movis vampire princess, im sure there are some that would not scare you, but disturb the hell out of you. go out and find cannibal holocaust or henry portrait of a serial killer or i spit on your grave, all of which are masterpieces in the exploitation genre, also find the lucio fulci movie zombie for the most horrific death scene ever in a horror movie. you will cringe, and if you dont its cuz your forcing yourself not to.

Thomas H
the shining!

mechmoggy
I rarely "jump" at the scary bits in films, then I make a complete arse of myself by leaping about 4 feet into the air at something really silly.

Its okay if you jump at the scary bits cus everyone else will too, but when you jump at a door slamming or a dog barking in the film, everyone looks at you. sad

VampirePrincess
Actually I seen movies dealing in blood and guts and thats it and however it does not disturb me. I have seen it all and nothing ever effects me. I have a strong stomach and I have seen things that pretty much will make a grown man cry.

steve-o
The only movie that disturbed me was Pet Semetary. The flashback of the mothers dying sister was ridiculously sick and disturbing. sick

mah
as I've said somewhere before I'd not mind seeing all the blood and guts imaginable being spread across the screen, or brains gushing out while someones eating it. however... The Shining;...*runs off scared*

BackFire349
vampire, have you seen cannibal holocaust, zombie, henry - portrait of a serial killer, or i spit on your grave? if you havent then you havent seen anything.

VampirePrincess
Yes actually I have... Along time ago however but I seen it. I don't cringe at allot of things. Have you ever seen a mans head torn off in real life. I have. It does not bother me.

BackFire349
you should see them again, and ive seen supposedly where a man had his head ripped off, it was on one of the faces of death movies which are about 96% fake anyways. and gore doesnt efffect me either, but that scene in zombie where the girls head is being pulled needlessly slow and eventually a splinter is pushed into her eye is extrememely hard to watch, not cuz of the gore exactly, but because of slow and excrutiating way its done. and you've seen all of those i mentioned? even cannibal holocaust?

BackFire349
but anyways, what scares me the most is the pshycological aspects of some horror movies, like the shining, and henry portrait of a serial killer isnt really scary but a bit disturbing as it shows the ease in which someone can kill someone. but of course, as everyone knows, i think the best horror movie is the texas chainsaw massacre.

mah
yeah, its the psychological part that scares me

VampirePrincess
Nope would not scare me... Cause I know its fact and it does not effect me.

BackFire349
well good for you, why even watch horror movies if you dont even get into them at all?

Thomas H
I remember when I saw Terminator 2 at the age of 8-9 ot something, that movie scared me then..believe it or not, but then again I should never have seen it at that age either! Since its a R rated movie!

VampirePrincess
I get into them just not disturbed by them. Actually it amuses me in other ways.

finti
I am often amused by horror flicks too

BackFire349
well yeah, many of them are funny too, thats what i love so much about TCM, it has so much dark humor in it that most people dont see on the first viewing.

VampirePrincess
Some are very funny expecially the gorey ones. I just laugh at them because there is nothing really to fear.

BackFire349
yeah i know, but if its a director who has mastered the art of gore, ala lucio fulci, it should make you squirm a bit while it happens. ala the eye spliter scene in zombie, still the greatest death scene in horror history.

VampirePrincess
lol.... I like reality better. Maybe I am to much a Necromantic. If you understand that means if not pm and I shell tell you.

BackFire349
reality is boring. has no suspense and it kinda ruins the fun. where do you see real life death anyways? its not like you can just go rent thme at a video store.

VampirePrincess
Oh I see things you would not believe. I did work at a morg and seen dealth everyday.... Dealth is not always what you see its also what you feel... The feel of a cemetary in your soul. You have to feel it and not just watch it.

Corran
The sound of music scared me, I mean where's the fashion sense in wearing curtains? Scary.

BackFire349
i dont feel much at a cemetery, besides kinda sad at all the loved ones people lost that are here.

Thomas H
Van Damme scares me in movies...I just cant get over that a man like him can get a job. And not a poor bum on the street cant, even I act better than Van Damme!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.