current Iron Fist vs. Midnighter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aries_04
Current train punching, bullet catching Iron Fist against the Midnighter.

Who takes it?

Aries_04
any takers?

Warrior18
IF should take it. Better fighter (I think) and better power output.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Warrior18
IF should take it. Better fighter (I think) and better power output.

This is a good thread, with great possibility for good debate.

Although, to counter your statement on IF being a better fighter (no doubt about it ...IF is a better martial artist but against MN that doesn't necessarily translate to bettter fighter ...I'll explain) and IF having better power output (again, very correct once you consider IF's ironfist chi-channeling, but again negated by something I shall mention in the course of my post), I would say the following.

First of all, on IF being a better fighter.

It is true that IF is a far better martial artist, but that does not mean he would defeat MN. You have to, in ANY debate, not just look at the STRENGTHS of the character you support .....you ALSO need to look at the strengths of the OTHER character.

What, if I may ask, is one of MN's most LETHAL abilities? One of the most lethal is his ability to not just predict what an opponent will do, but calculate over a million possible counters per second. The moment you move he has already come up with a myriad ways of defeating you!

That is why I said that just because IF is a better martial artist doesn't make him the better fighter when matched against MN. MN is, by far, the better fighter.

The second is on IF having greater power output.

Once again, it is true that IF can mess up things with his chi-factor iron-fist move, but that does not mean he would defeat MN. You have to, in ANY debate, not just look at the WEAKNESSES of the character you DON'T support ....you ALSO need to look at the WEAKNESSES of the OTHER character.

IF has amazing damage dealing potential .....but so does MN. Even though MN may not have the ability to channel chi into a devastating master-blow-lite punch, he can still easily rip off someone's spine with ease, or kick off a head without any problem. IF's strike may be capable of going through anything short of adamantium (an exaggeration, but work with me here), but MN's punch will easily go through several humans put in a line! And that is what is needed .....if your punch can go through pressed steel, and my punch can go through a human skull, guess what happens if we were to punch each other? We would BOTH die.

Anyways, IF has greater damage dealing ability, but MN's damage dealing capability is also quite high (not as high ....but it will still ruin your day .....it is, to use an example, comparing a punch from Superman with a punch from Rogue .....one is FAR greater than the other, but the 'weaker' of the two will still knock your car a mile high).

A punch from IF would wreck MN, but a punch from MN will just as easily decapitate the dude.

Although ....one of the characters has a healing factor (hint: his name starts with 'M' and ends with 'Nighter'), but even that is not necessary .....with the combat-analysing capability giving him a million solutions per second, MN will not have to use his healing factor here.

Anyways, it is a very good thread.

However, if it was a real fight on KMC, and I had to bet money, I would put at least 90 cents out of a Dollar US on Midnighter for the win.

The 10 cents on IF would simply be because I totally adore the current iteration of the character.

guy222
go either way

i'm biased danny wins stick out tongue

Warrior18
Originally posted by spetznaz
This is a good thread, with great possibility for good debate.

Although, to counter your statement on IF being a better fighter (no doubt about it ...IF is a better martial artist but against MN that doesn't necessarily translate to bettter fighter ...I'll explain) and IF having better power output (again, very correct once you consider IF's ironfist chi-channeling, but again negated by something I shall mention in the course of my post), I would say the following.

First of all, on IF being a better fighter.

It is true that IF is a far better martial artist, but that does not mean he would defeat MN. You have to, in ANY debate, not just look at the STRENGTHS of the character you support .....you ALSO need to look at the strengths of the OTHER character.

What, if I may ask, is one of MN's most LETHAL abilities? One of the most lethal is his ability to not just predict what an opponent will do, but calculate over a million possible counters per second. The moment you move he has already come up with a myriad ways of defeating you!

That is why I said that just because IF is a better martial artist doesn't make him the better fighter when matched against MN. MN is, by far, the better fighter.

The second is on IF having greater power output.

Once again, it is true that IF can mess up things with his chi-factor iron-fist move, but that does not mean he would defeat MN. You have to, in ANY debate, not just look at the WEAKNESSES of the character you DON'T support ....you ALSO need to look at the WEAKNESSES of the OTHER character.

IF has amazing damage dealing potential .....but so does MN. Even though MN may not have the ability to channel chi into a devastating master-blow-lite punch, he can still easily rip off someone's spine with ease, or kick off a head without any problem. IF's strike may be capable of going through anything short of adamantium (an exaggeration, but work with me here), but MN's punch will easily go through several humans put in a line! And that is what is needed .....if your punch can go through pressed steel, and my punch can go through a human skull, guess what happens if we were to punch each other? We would BOTH die.

Anyways, IF has greater damage dealing ability, but MN's damage dealing capability is also quite high (not as high ....but it will still ruin your day .....it is, to use an example, comparing a punch from Superman with a punch from Rogue .....one is FAR greater than the other, but the 'weaker' of the two will still knock your car a mile high).

A punch from IF would wreck MN, but a punch from MN will just as easily decapitate the dude.

Although ....one of the characters has a healing factor (hint: his name starts with 'M' and ends with 'Nighter'), but even that is not necessary .....with the combat-analysing capability giving him a million solutions per second, MN will not have to use his healing factor here.

Anyways, it is a very good thread.

However, if it was a real fight on KMC, and I had to bet money, I would put at least 90 cents out of a Dollar US on Midnighter for the win.

The 10 cents on IF would simply be because I totally adore the current iteration of the character.

I have been educated. Current IF is cool for certain thumb up He is actually my second favourite comic hero.

Harbinger
Don't know much about Midnighter; has he ever faced as skilled a fighter as Danny before?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Harbinger
Don't know much about Midnighter; has he ever faced as skilled a fighter as Danny before?

Depends on who you talk to. The Authority kills most of their villains, so you don't get many recurring ones with established power sets. Ironically, their ruthlessness hurts their forum rep in that sense.

He's fought others with skill augmentations, as well as numerous fights against people who are physically more capable than he is (he's at least peak human strength/speed, and most likely closer to 1-2 ton range). He's also been quick enough to take out a QS-level speedster. And his calculative ability knows no equal, and he can analyze Danny's capabilities as well, so he'll know what he's up against. Check the respect thread for more detail.

I don't read IF, and am not familiar with current Danny, so I can't comment on the fight itself. For lack of a better option, I'll cosign spetnaz's post because it seems like he's familiar with both.

Aries_04
Iron Fist has a healing factor too theough

Charlotte DeBel
Chi healing=\=healing factor (remember our tourney debate, Digi?).

Mindset
Midnighter wouldn't be able to calculate that Danny can shoot chi though.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Mindset
Midnighter wouldn't be able to calculate that Danny can shoot chi though.

But unless Danny ends it with the first shot, MN'er can account for it from then on.

But yeah, that is an advantage for Danny, but only a slight one.

Mindset
Originally posted by DigiMark007
But unless Danny ends it with the first shot, MN'er can account for it from then on.

But yeah, that is an advantage for Danny, but only a slight one.

He wouldn't really have to end it with the shot, it would be enough to hurt MN, or phase him to give IF enough time to finish him off.

complexbrother
Midnighter takes this.

cdtm
Midnighter vs Luke Cage.

Midnighter vs a drunken Hercules.

Midnighter vs a train.

Who wins? smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.