Namor vs Wonder Woman (Underwater)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Fight deep beneath the Atlantic Ocean.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/13925/301557-51149-namor_super.jpg vs http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/1494/86441-175126-wonder-woman_super.jpg

fangirl101
Wondy.

TricksterPriest
Namor gets shit-stomped. no expression

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Namor gets shit-stomped. no expression By a woman?

Heh.

DeathKap
Namor goes down.superpoke

CaptainStoic
UnderWATER... people c'mon, there is no way in the world that Wonder Woman is going to beat Namor under the water, in this case she would be moving like a snail, and he would be moving faster than a shark. This is the same guy that gave Hercules fitz out of water... in water?

Namor could take her so deep under that she would not only be fighting him, but the pressure of the deepest oceans. Namor threatened Hercules recently while they were in his house (the ocean), and it looked like Herc was about to take a dump.

Mindset
How long can WW hold her breath.

DeathKap
Well I dont think long if Namor can hit her chest

Mindset
What if he just grabs it?

DeathKap
pitt_laughThen He gets slaped so hard he dies, But dies happy

joesdabest1
Namor

The Pict
Wonder Woman

carnage52
Originally posted by Mindset
What if he just grabs it? he goes to court

Philosophía
Namor gets shit-stomped. no expression

basilisk
Reminds me of the fight between Aquaman and WW in one of the Justice League episodes. I think WW was OK until the fight hit the water, then it was lights out for her. Shortly afterwards Superman clobbered AM for his troubles.

Still, I think Namor would find this tough going unless he was able to get her down to a really great depth.

Starscream M
Namor would also be aided by the sea creatures, wouldn't he?

Metalmanx
This is tough. Wonder Woman completely decimates him out of the water. And even in the water, she would still be his superior. However, in the water, his injuries would be healed nigh-instantaneously, making it very hard to leave any lasting damage on him. She would have to be able to KO or kill him to get the win underwater.

Hm. I'm going 50/50 on this one.

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by basilisk
Reminds me of the fight between Aquaman and WW in one of the Justice League episodes. I think WW was OK until the fight hit the water, then it was lights out for her. Shortly afterwards Superman clobbered AM for his troubles.

Still, I think Namor would find this tough going unless he was able to get her down to a really great depth.

And we all know how accurate and consistent the JL cartoon was with respect to the heroes' powers . . .

Wondy wins this one. She could definitely kill with her tiara if she needed, but more than likely she would get her lasso around him and it would be over.

Harbinger
WW.

Decapitation FTW.

Mindset
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
And we all know how accurate and consistent the JL cartoon was with respect to the heroes' powers . . .

Wondy wins this one. She could definitely kill with her tiara if she needed, but more than likely she would get her lasso around him and it would be over.

I'm not sure her lasso and tiara would be useful under water...

Scoobless
Underwater her speed would be reduced considerably, while Namor's speed and strength would increase.

Giving this one to fishman.

Sasaraixx
I'm not sure her lasso and tiara would be useful under water...

Unless water somehow removes their magical properties, I don't see how they wouldn't be useful. Obviously she isn't going to throw them. She could use the tiara as a weapon and she could still be able to get the lasso around him when she gets close to him.

They are both perks. She wouldn't need them to win of course.

And to answer your earlier question, she can hold her breath long enough to take Namor out. She can survive in space. I think she can manage under water.

snoopdogg
WW ftw. Handily.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Scoobless Underwater her speed would be reduced considerably, while Namor's speed and strength would increase.Giving this one to fishman. To someone who can move billions of tons, I don't think her speed would be reduced.

Mindset
Unless water somehow removes their magical properties, I don't see how they wouldn't be useful. Obviously she isn't going to throw them. She could use the tiara as a weapon and she could still be able to get the lasso around him when she gets close to him.

They are both perks. She wouldn't need them to win of course.

And to answer your earlier question, she can hold her breath long enough to take Namor out. She can survive in space. I think she can manage under water.

They lose their mobility, which is what I was commenting on, common sense should have let you know that...

When she is in space she uses equipment to allow her to breath from what I've seen.

Sasaraixx
They lose their mobility, which is what I was commenting on, common sense should have let you know that...

When she is in space she uses equipment to allow her to breath from what I've seen.

You obviously are not able to detect sarcasm. I figured that you were only capable of thinking of a single way for Diana to use her weapons. Common sense should tell you that those weapons do not need mobility to still be very potent. She will obviously be fighting him in close combat, where as I said before, she can use the tiara as a weapon. And again, common sense should tell you that she could still get the lasso around him WITHOUT having to throw it. And again, she does not *need* her weapons to beat him.

And take a look at WW's fight with Superman in WW #219. She needed no equipment to help her breathe. It was not a prolonged fight, but obviously her lungs were able to handle the strain of fighting in space.

Scoobless
Originally posted by fangirl101
To someone who can move billions of tons, I don't think her speed would be reduced.

It would.

Starscream M
does no one think Namor's control over sealife makes a difference in this battle?

darthgoober
I think this fight comes down to how well WW can handle herself underwater. Does anyone have any scans that feature WW in underwater combat?

TricksterPriest
If she wanted to, what's stopping her from pulling a Max Lord on Namor?

Mr. Slippyfist
If she wanted to, what's stopping her from pulling a Max Lord on Namor? The fact that Namor's not essentially a human?

Plus, Namor's equal or greater to the Namor that made the Avengers look like ass holes... just throwing that out there.

lawest9

Wondy wins this one. She could definitely kill with her tiara if she needed, but more than likely she would get her lasso around him and it would be over. on land and at his strongest namor is still going to lose this, however......under water where diana will have to contend with the water pressure holding her breath and namor's greater manueverability, i don't see her winning.

Mindset
You obviously are not able to detect sarcasm. I figured that you were only capable of thinking of a single way for Diana to use her weapons. Common sense should tell you that those weapons do not need mobility to still be very potent. She will obviously be fighting him in close combat, where as I said before, she can use the tiara as a weapon. And again, common sense should tell you that she could still get the lasso around him WITHOUT having to throw it. And again, she does not *need* her weapons to beat him.

And take a look at WW's fight with Superman in WW #219. She needed no equipment to help her breathe. It was not a prolonged fight, but obviously her lungs were able to handle the strain of fighting in space.

I know you were being sarcastic.

Yes, but Namor wouldn't be standing still for her to get the lasso around him... no expression

I don't doubt that Diana can handle the pressure, that has nothing to do with needed to breath though, so what was the point in bringing up her fight in space?

fangirl101
Originally posted by Mindset I know you were being sarcastic.Yes, but Namor wouldn't be standing still for her to get the lasso around him... no expressionI don't doubt that Diana can handle the pressure, that has nothing to do with needed to breath though, so what was the point in bringing up her fight in space? What the hell are you talking about? Why would she not be able to handle the pressure?

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/1015/wwholdbreath16ic.jpg
Here she stays far enough in the water and long enough for a group of alien invaders to think she's dead. Even GL was getting worried.

Mindset
Is there something you don't understand about me saying, " I don't doubt she could handle the pressure"?

Well apparently I guess there is. no expression

And is Kyle supposed to know how long she can hold her breath, him saying that is meaningless.

GREAT PROOF! smile

Sasaraixx
I know you were being sarcastic.

Yes, but Namor wouldn't be standing still for her to get the lasso around him... no expression

I don't doubt that Diana can handle the pressure, that has nothing to do with needed to breath though, so what was the point in bringing up her fight in space?

1. No, you didn't know I was being sarcastic. Your post doesn't indicate that one bit.

2. And he wouldn't be standing still for her to get it around him if they were out of water either. Your point is? If she is fast enough to tag him under water, she would be fast enough to wrap it around him. It really isn't that hard a concept to understand. confused She doesn't have to throw it! sad

3. And the point of her fighting in space is that she obviously can fight without oxygen. You thought that she required equipment to breathe in space.

4. The scan that fangirl provided is in point. She obviously stayed underwater long enough to fake her death and then swim to sure. We don't know EXACTLY how long that is but it was obviously more than a few seconds. It gives her plenty of time to get the job done.

DeathKap
I think namor takes this, and I dont believe she would be fast enough underwater to get the lasso around him seeing as how he will be extremely fast while she is even slower than usual.

Mindset
1. No, you didn't know I was being sarcastic. Your post doesn't indicate that one bit.

2. And he wouldn't be standing still for her to get it around him if they were out of water either. Your point is? If she is fast enough to tag him under water, she would be fast enough to wrap it around him. It really isn't that hard a concept to understand. confused She doesn't have to throw it! sad

3. And the point of her fighting in space is that she obviously can fight without oxygen. You thought that she required equipment to breathe in space.

4. The scan that fangirl provided is in point. She obviously stayed underwater long enough to fake her death and then swim to sure. We don't know EXACTLY how long that is but it was obviously more than a few seconds. It gives her plenty of time to get the job done.

Except out of water she is leagues above him in speed and nothing is hindering her mobility or that of the lasso. Which is clearly different from her being under the water and trying to wrap it around him. Her being fast enough to hit him does not mean she would be fast enough to wrap the lasso around him.

Except she does need oxygen to breathe in space from the comics I've read, did it show her talking or anything to show she was actually breathing and not just holding her breath?

Well I had already assumed she could hold her breath more than a few seconds, since you know, humans can do it for minutes, but the thing is we do not know how easily she would be able to move around under water. Or how long she could keep holding her breath while fighting Namor.

DeathKap
Except out of water she is leagues above him in speed and nothing is hindering her mobility or that of the lasso. Which is clearly different from her being under the water and trying to wrap it around him. Her being fast enough to hit him does not mean she would be fast enough to wrap the lasso around him.

Except she does need oxygen to breathe in space from the comics I've read, did it show her talking or anything to show she was actually breathing and not just holding her breath?

Well I had already assumed she could hold her breath more than a few seconds, since you know, humans can do it for minutes, but the thing is we do not know how easily she would be able to move around under water. Or how long she could keep holding her breath while fighting Namor.
U da mancool

fangirl101

Since she's so far above namor in strength and speed, she won't need but a few seconds at best. Her speed insn't hindered by water since she can fly and wont' have to swin. We hardly ever see flyers slowed down by water. Not the one's with uber super strength. the ocean pressures dont' come into play becuz she's tuffer than aquaman and the pressure doesn't bother him. She held her breath while fighting one of the best white martians. namor doesn't compare. even under water.

Juntai
What the hell are you talking about? Why would she not be able to handle the pressure?

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/1015/wwholdbreath16ic.jpg
Here she stays far enough in the water and long enough for a group of alien invaders to think she's dead. Even GL was getting worried. lol nice view isnt it?

Metalmanx
Wonder Woman has helped pull both the Earth and the Moon more than once. In space. Without any breathing apparatus. No oxygen.

Just saying.

batdude123
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Wonder Woman has helped pull both the Earth and the Moon more than once. In space. Without any breathing apparatus. No oxygen.

Just saying.

NAMOR WINZORZZ!!!111

TricksterPriest
It's rarely brought up, cause she generally doesn't need it, but she has a spectacular healing factor. She actually taps Gaia's power to instantly heal her entire body. Has to do with her lineage and being animated clay.

Mr. Slippyfist
Twice Dub-Ya soklos.

fangirl101
LMAO. TEE HEE. Hooooooo Ha ha ha ha ha. ZOMG. ZOMG. OMG. Tee Hee. hooooooo that's rich.

Mindset
LMAO. TEE HEE. Hooooooo Ha ha ha ha ha. ZOMG. ZOMG. OMG. Tee Hee. hooooooo that's rich. reported for spamming

fangirl101
reported for spamming
You see what you did. you got someone else in trouble who actually started the spamming in an attempt to hurt me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.