The Fate of Naboo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
I ran across a fanfiction that implied that Naboo was destroyed....I was just wondering what other people thought about the destruction of the beautiful planet of Naboo.
I personally think that it is plausible.

Ushgarak
Nah. A JC answer at sw.com has virtually destroyed that idea. They say that Naboo is just not important by the time of the original films.

Julie
Yeahhhh.....I also personally like the beautiful planet....Thanks....I think I remember reading that

Julie
Well, Ush has set my heart at ease...I can now rest easy that I think that Naboo will not be blown out of the sky

jedi_blade
There was a rumor on an Episode II/Episode III board that I used to go on that said Naboo would be destroyed and turned into the swampland Dagobah. Personally I thought that was waaaaaaaaaaay too farfetched to be true (just like the ppl who for some reason believe w/ all their souls that Palpatine is not Sidious).

Julie
I don't know where...but I have heard that too....and i agree that is way out of hand....I think Naboo is just (like Ush said) not a key player in the Galactic Civil War.....therefore it stays out of the headlines...

jedi_blade
I'm glad SOMEone agrees w/ me stick out tongue

Julie
uh...you're losing me....what does that mean....
*smiles and nods* yes it is good to agree on somethings:-)

Captain REX
Naboo turned into Dagobah? Naboo destroyed? Palpatine not Sidious? Lunar landing not real? Where do these people get their lunatic ideas???

Myndon
Naboo won't get destroyed
it will get forgoten i think
like the planet on 2 (has forgoten its name) the one that had the cloners on

Ushgarak
Kamino

Captain REX
Yep. It gets shoved into the background with the rest of the planets and places. You don't see any mention of Mos Espa or Geonosis in the original series, do you?

Dexx
if i recall correctly..neither of coruscant..kinda of strange, no?
It's awkward lucas inventing such a BIG planet in just the new trilogy.

Kane_Starkiller
I may be wrong, but I think the reason Naboo is never seen or mentioned in the OT is because it is the planet that Palpatine comes from, and he does everything in his power to disassociate himself from his life pre-Empire, including leaving many areas of Naboo in ruins as a means of making sure the planet is more or less unattatched to any part of the star wars galaxy. I seem to remember reading recently that Vader is sent there to wipe out any connections to Palpatine and pretty much make sure that Naboo is no threat.

On a related note, Naboo is one of the planets featured in "Star Wars Galaxies" which is set, I think, during the time period btween movies 4 and 5 - so it almost certainly isn't destroyed. There are pictures on the website of AT-AT machines walking through Naboo swamps and as part of Naboo sceneries, so perhaps (like many planets during the Empire's reign) Naboo is under Empire control. It is likely that the planet is very quiet and peaceful, and unimportant - which is why it is never mentioned.

Ushgarak
As good a rationale as any.

queeq
Why should it be mentioned in the OT? It plays no important role. It even doesn't play a very crucial role in AOTC for that matter. Neither Kamino or Geonosis are mentioned either.... they are irrelevant to the OT story. As is for instance Endor and Hoth for the PT.

finti
yup

queeq
Can I close now? evil face

finti
close it

queeq
Nah, people get pissed off when you close a thread anyway.

Julie
so ...if a thread is all played out...it should be closed.....it makes room for the new:-)

jedijunky1138
I guess we know the answer to this one now....HUH

Darth Jello
well, how about this. Do you think Naboo may become the emperor's private haven, closed to all other than him, Vader, and the native population? kind of like the imperial city in Japan.

Morridini
If u have seen the new OT DVD's, u would have seen that Naboo was not destroyed. As Naboo is one of the planets where they celebrate the death of the Emperor.

jedijunky1138
Thats my point. That answers the question.

PVS
i think the emporer stays on coroscant in his palace, right?

PVS
and while we are on the topic, notice in the coroscant scene how you see the jedi temple in the background. so much for the "big explosion"

jedijunky1138
Yep That too! Kinda cool huh?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.