Matt Stover vs. James Luceno

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Subjekt
Who is the better Star Wars author? I know Luceno did LOE and RoDV, and Stover did the novel, but who has a truer vision of SW and perhaps less bias to a certain character? I want to but more books but i don't want to waste my money buying bs.

Or, if there is someone you all feel is even better, then enlighten me please.

sweersa
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Who is the better Star Wars author? I know Luceno did LOE and RoDV, and Stover did the novel, but who has a truer vision of SW and perhaps less bias to a certain character? I want to but more books but i don't want to waste my money buying bs.

Or, if there is someone you all feel is even better, then enlighten me please.

I like Drew Karpyshyn's Darth Bane books the most. I love both of them and they were so much fun to read.

I also like Jude Watson. (She wrote most of the Jedi Apprentice, the Jedi Quest, and The Last of the Jedi series.)

Blax_Hydralisk
Whoever did Shatterpoint deserves a medal for making outstanding non shitty Star Wars EU.

MadMel
Originally posted by sweersa
I also like Jude Watson. (She wrote most of the Jedi Apprentice, the Jedi Quest, and The Last of the Jedi series.)
me too !!

Captain REX
Matt Stover was responsible for the writing of Shatterpoint and I agree, he deserves major kudos for that book.

But Labyrinth of Evil was also a grand work from Luceno.

A difficult decision.

sweersa
Originally posted by MadMel
me too !!

Yay! smile

Darth Subjekt
Oh, Stover did do Shatterpoint? I hate to admit it, but i haven't read that yet. sad

Master Crimzon
Stover is, in my opinion, superior. The RotS novel is f*cking amazing, and is sufficient to completely blow away LoE (which I didn't really like), and to beat RodV, too. While he may, occasionally, geek out on Vaapad and Mace in completely unnecessary points, he can still write a really good, emotional story. And add a believable depiction of characters, too. He wins.

Julie
Stover is pretty good but he also annoys me sometimes so I'm going with Luceno... he may not always be as great but he doesn't piss me off as much either.

Darth Subjekt
Why does he piss you off so much?

Null ARC Avis
The Darth Bane series is amazing, great star wars, and just great in general, books. I actually like the women who has a love affair with Boba and the mandalorians. I love reading about non-jedi warriors.

Ahsoka Tano
I enjoyed Luceno's, Labyrinth of Evil. It just made, Revenge of the Sith that much better.

*ROTS, movie.

Darth Exodus
These guys are nothing compared to some of the people at the unofficial KOTOr fan media site. Especially that 'Dark Hero' series. I seriously do love that site.

Oh, and Stover

caedusrulesall
I like Luceno better, though I think Timothy Zahn is still the best.

I know I'll get slammed by all you anti-NJO and anti-post-NJO people, but Troy Denning's not that bad.

Darth Subjekt
What's something that Zahn has written?

Gideon
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
What's something that Zahn has written?

The Thrawn Trilogy.

Lt. Valerian
Originally posted by Captain REX
Matt Stover was responsible for the writing of Shatterpoint and I agree, he deserves major kudos for that book.

But Labyrinth of Evil was also a grand work from Luceno.

A difficult decision.

I agree with you there. Shatterpoint is outstanding, but Labyrinth of Evil was also surprisingly good. I don't know who should I point my finger at.

Gideon
Luceno has brilliant moments, but sometimes I think he fails to capture the depth of certain characters and situations. Overall, I find Stover to be superior (perhaps even the best), but he overuses italics and chokes us with philosophy.

Elite Hunter
They are my favorite SW authors. Shatterpoint,LOE,RoDV,ROTS-it doesn't get any better then that.

Originally posted by Null ARC Avis
I actually like the women who has a love affair with Boba and the mandalorians. I love reading about non-jedi warriors.
Lol, your like the only on here that does.

Originally posted by caedusrulesall
I know I'll get slammed by all you anti-NJO and anti-post-NJO people, but Troy Denning's not that bad.
Invincible was certainly the best LOTF book, I liked his version of Ben and actually gave him some type of normal teenage qualities (other than a rough relationship with his parents) instead of the naive jr. officer/assassin role he has been in. I think he portrayed Caedus the best in this book out of all of them, but the epilogue seemed rushed and he didn't kill Fett dammit mad

caedusrulesall
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Invincible was certainly the best LOTF book, I liked his version of Ben and actually gave him some type of normal teenage qualities (other than a rough relationship with his parents) instead of the naive jr. officer/assassin role he has been in. I think he portrayed Caedus the best in this book out of all of them, but the epilogue seemed rushed and he didn't kill Fett dammit mad

You just know Fett was supposed to die. I mean the whole nanokiller thing, wtf? Karen Traviss probably had a temper tantrum and made Denning change it.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by caedusrulesall
You just know Fett was supposed to die. I mean the whole nanokiller thing, wtf? Karen Traviss probably had a temper tantrum and made Denning change it.

I bet she will give Fett an honorable death by like having fly slave 1 into mandalore's atmosphere and like vent in the nanokillers or something of the sort.

Master Crimzon
Nah, she'll make him drink the elixir of life or some shit like that and make him live forever.

Dr. Styles
Not before he beats the shit out of Luke Skywalker with his bare hands.

Tangible God
And not before Boba has coffee with Jesus at Dex's Diner (which he had earlier destroyed with a toothbrush and rebuilt all by himself using nothing but an electric drill, duct tape and the iron resolve of the Mandalorians).

Master Crimzon
Nah. He'll probably kill Jaina with his bare hands, steal her lightsaber, and outduel Luke.

That seems like something Karen Traviss would do.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.