rate martian manhunter against other major powerhouses

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
the wiki dc database fluctiates the manhunters strength level qnd currently has him as strong as superman pound for pound and can potentially become stronger than supes, some writers have portrayed him that way while others don't put him near that level, i'll like the thoughts of others on this matter and comparison to otherpowerhouses dc and marvel.

fangirl101
Originally posted by lawest9
the wiki dc database fluctiates the manhunters strength level qnd currently has him as strong as superman pound for pound and can potentially become stronger than supes, some writers have portrayed him that way while others don't put him near that level, i'll like the thoughts of others on this matter and comparison to otherpowerhouses dc and marvel.
DC database list, MM, SM, WW,CM, and Maxima as the strongest heroes on the planet.

lawest9
Originally posted by fangirl101
DC database list, MM, SM, WW,CM, and Maxima as the strongest heroes on the planet. thats true but do you think they have as many of these ph's as marvel?

fangirl101
thats true but do you think they have as many of these ph's as marvel?

Well people on Marvel earth that are in that strength range would be Thor, Sentry, Classic Wonder Man, Hulk, and Wet Namor. And She Hulk and Ms. Marvel seem to be moving in that direction. Immortal herc is up there as well.

zeel
DC database list, MM, SM, WW,CM, and Maxima as the strongest heroes on the planet.

Dont forget BA or orion. they are both stronger then MM i would think.

fangirl101
Originally posted by zeel Dont forget BA or orion. they are both stronger then MM i would think. BA is not a hero. And Orion is a new god dead. And not based on earth.

lawest9
DC database list, MM, SM, WW,CM, and Maxima as the strongest heroes on the planet. i would imagine supergirl is stronger than maxima, powergirl may be up there too, big barda is in that class but she like orion does'nt reside on earth, thata all i can think of at the moment.

fangirl101
i would imagine supergirl is stronger than maxima, powergirl may be up there too, big barda is in that class but she like orion does'nt reside on earth, thata all i can think of at the moment.
I do not thin Supergirl is Stronger than maxima. maxima was the only other person I saw who actually put the pain on Doomsday and was taking his best shots until the PIS fest of a gas station knocked her out. And Unlike Supergirl, maxima can amp her strength by channeling her magnetic and tk powers into her self.

leonheartmm
i wud say he is above wonderwoman but below the best green lanterns and superman if written well.

lawest9
Bump

StiltmanFTW
J'onn is a total opposite of "powerhouse".

Philosophía
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
J'onn is a total opposite of "powerhouse". He is a powerhouse only in theory, he folds like a b itch when under pressure.

---

To answer the thread, he's somewhere between Captain Marvel and somebody like Namor in strength, he's near-lightspeed in speed, he's as durable as butter under the sun, he has TP that few, if any, can compete with, great shapeshifting/regeneration for CBR-style combat, and his invisibility/intangibility coupled with the others means most would have a hard time with him, if he feels like it.

He'd roflstomp unidimensional bricks like Hulk just using 1/4th of his powers, but against the likes of Wonder Woman he'd have a much harder time.

MrMind
MMH is extremely underrated in KMC, but extermely overrated in Comicvine and CBR.

his true level should be somewhere in between

playa1258
Spot on.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by MrMind
MMH is extremely underrated in KMC

He had his own disrespect section here, several dozens of pages in the Character Ownage thread.

You won't change our mind. He's the worst. Even Killer Croc is less of a jobber than J'onn.

lawest9
He had his own disrespect section here, several dozens of pages in the Character Ownage thread.

You won't change our mind. He's the worst. Even Killer Croc is less of a jobber than J'onn. How 'bout Thor,?

carver9
Think Martian Manhunter is going to have a beastly showing in the next JLA book.

StiltmanFTW
How 'bout Thor,?

Even Thor is better than J'onn.

J'onn is weak to everything - fire, sticks, fists, even his own kind.

MrMind

You won't change our mind. He's the worst. Even Killer Croc is less of a jobber than J'onn.

Don't worry, I'm on the MMH hating train

the green dude is just one ugly motherfuker

NemeBro
He's hung like a walrus though.

shadowknight
In The MU he would be roughly Thing lvl, Strong enough to give the heavyweights like Thor, Hercules, ect a workout but at the end fall below them. Simply put MM is an also ran below SM, WW, CM, SG and SB. IMO he's roughly Cap Atom lvl in STR but no way at the elite lvl.

MrMind
wtf did I just read

Adam Grimes
'Other powerhouses'? Of which level, street tier?

lawest9
Most people/writers consider MM to be on the near level of Superman, others directly his equal and a few his superior including Superman himself who has a little fear of him, he once took on and defeated the entire JLA by himself

deft
Between Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman.

lawest9
Originally posted by deft
Between Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman. And how does the power level compare between them?

9jaboy

laughing
He deserves a Disrespect Thread.

Eon Blue
What a pathetic excuse for a hero.

Senor Cage
Pretty much. He'd still take out more than half the top tiers from either company.

Stoic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.