Star Trek Online

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpaceMonkey
Not sure if there was a thread for this already, but I was just wondering who was looking forward to this?

Morridini
I've really gotten tired of all these new MMOs popping up everywhere after WoW's success, and even though I like Star Trek, I could never see myself paying a monthly fee for playing a game, so if the game turns out to not have a fee, I migth try it.

Also, new trailer looked nice: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38184.html
Wonder how space combats will work.

SpaceMonkey
I hadn't heard anything about this until a few days ago. Might try a demo of it if it's made available.

ragesRemorse
I like Star Trek and like the idea of an MMORPG featuring Star Trek, even more.

I have no expectations or desire to play a star trek MMO, though. MMORPG's always suck. Anytime some super license tries to produce an MMO all we get is trash. For the first few months we convince ourselves that the game isn't to bad and that maybe some future patches will fix tha problems. Those patches never come and the games always become more buggy and frustrating to play.

I'm not a big fan of WOW, but WOW got it right and it will be a long time before another game equals the quality of that game. I hope i'm wrong but im sure that after a year that this Star Trek MMO releases, no one will be playing it.

SpaceMonkey
RR, I agree 100%. You just described my Star Wars Galaxies experience.

-Pr-
Anyone play this?

its been out about a year now, and the improvements to what was admittedly an unfinished starting game have been great. Most of that is due to Daniel Stahl, the current head of development. He's taken the game and made it something a fan can actually be happy with.

Here's an idea of what's in the game and what's currently being worked on:

26Pahkj6f2I

so yeah, if you play it, post please, so i can add you. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.