Sentinel (Alan Scott) Vs Adam Warlock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cloud102
Who wins?

Nihilist
does warlock have the soul gem?

cloud102
No.

guy222
another thread on ict...cool

DigiMark007
Karmic blast ftw. It disrupts concentration, and no one has ever really shown a resistance to it. GLs need concentration. It's a big reason why Adam is 2-0 (maybe 3-0) against Quasar.

Alan has more offensive potential, and would win in a brawl. But Adam's got an unfair edge in this.

Unless we're talking current Adam. Then who knows. And probably Alan, given what little we've seen from Adam thus far.

fangirl101
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Karmic blast ftw. It disrupts concentration, and no one has ever really shown a resistance to it. GLs need concentration. It's a big reason why Adam is 2-0 (maybe 3-0) against Quasar.

Alan has more offensive potential, and would win in a brawl. But Adam's got an unfair edge in this.

Unless we're talking current Adam. Then who knows. And probably Alan, given what little we've seen from Adam thus far.
Adam has no soul Gem. Plus the GL's have shown they can affect and defend against magic and soul based type powers. Also, Alan, as sentinal doesn't need concentration. The magic is just part of him.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by fangirl101
Adam has no soul Gem. Plus the GL's have shown they can affect and defend against magic and soul based type powers. Also, Alan, as sentinal doesn't need concentration. The magic is just part of him.

Saying they can affect and defend "magic and soul based powers" is like saying "he's got good showings and stuff." Magic is particularly amorphic. Success against one doesn't equal success against all magic. Same with "soul-based" which I'm actually wondering what you're basing it off of. Does someone in DC have the equivalent of the soul suck?

I'm not opposed to saying Alan wins. But Alan's still human-durability sans his constructs/energy, even in Sentinel form, and Warlock is as skilled and diverse as combatants come.

fangirl101
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Saying they can affect and defend "magic and soul based powers" is like saying "he's got good showings and stuff." Magic is particularly amorphic. Success against one doesn't equal success against all magic. Same with "soul-based" which I'm actually wondering what you're basing it off of. Does someone in DC have the equivalent of the soul suck?

I'm not opposed to saying Alan wins. But Alan's still human-durability sans his constructs/energy, even in Sentinel form, and Warlock is as skilled and diverse as combatants come.
I can't see Warlock pwning Sentinal. Kyle's ring was able to send the angels back to heaven and it was said that his ring was the only thing having a real effect on them. We also know the rings affect souls. Kilowog sucked up an entire planets worth. Alan's ring was magical. which was the same properties that allowed kyle to become so uber.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by fangirl101
I can't see Warlock pwning Sentinal. Kyle's ring was able to send the angels back to heaven and it was said that his ring was the only thing having a real effect on them. We also know the rings affect souls. Kilowog sucked up an entire planets worth. Alan's ring was magical. which was the same properties that allowed kyle to become so uber.

Well he obviously won't be sucking Adam's soul. Also, Kilowog and Kyle feats don't count for Alan.

I nvr said that Warlock would be pwning him. Just that Alan needs his A-game and then some to avoid Adam's trickery, and also to be able to tag him enough to win before being taken out. Like I said, more potential power on Alan's side, but I don't see him with the majority.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.