DC's Old Gods Vs Marvel's Skyfathers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cloud102
The Old Gods split the Source in half, which I find rather impressive. They were much more powerful than the New Gods, even Highfather.

Would this be a good matchup?

comicfan11
I think DC's gods take it but define "old gods"
Only the Greek pantheon or the whole 3rd world pantheons?

Either case I think that just DC's Olympians would be enough.

vlaaad12345
If you mean old gods as in the ones more powerful than new gods......holy shit odin and his buddies are getting rapestomped.

TricksterPriest
Mageddon. Yuga Khan. Mageddon was the old god killer. Yuga was considered the strongest of their number. And loath as I am to talk about it, 3 old god skyfathers split the source according to DOTNG.

Marvel skyfathers are getting gang-raped. no

Board Walker
Ares alone of the Olympians was at multiversal power when he had the god wave.

cloud102
Does anyone have the names to the Old Gods? I know Lokee and Odin were some. I didn't know Ares was one of them.

Is this the same Ares that appears in Wonder Woman? or a different one?

cloud102
Originally posted by comicfan11
I think DC's gods take it but define "old gods"
Only the Greek pantheon or the whole 3rd world pantheons?

Either case I think that just DC's Olympians would be enough.

Who are DC's Olympians? And what have they done?

fangirl101
Originally posted by cloud102
Does anyone have the names to the Old Gods? I know Lokee and Odin were some. I didn't know Ares was one of them.

Is this the same Ares that appears in Wonder Woman? or a different one?
Those Old Gods appeared to be DC Odin, Zeus, and one other I'm not familiar with.

cloud102
Originally posted by fangirl101
Those Old Gods appeared to be DC Odin, Zeus, and one other I'm not familiar with.

So you think these are more powerful than the Marvel counterparts?

fangirl101
So you think these are more powerful than the Marvel counterparts?
DC zeus is part of the quintessence that DS defines as the protectors of the multiverse. DC Odin was so powerful that DS had to absorb the power of thousdands of pantheons in order to be able to face DS.

MJOILNIR
Im a fan of the marvel pantheons but I expect DC's versions to be more along the lines of true powers...Ive heard that DC's versions of Odin and Zeus were some bad somebitch's...

cloud102
Originally posted by MJOILNIR
Im a fan of the marvel pantheons but I expect DC's versions to be more along the lines of true powers...Ive heard that DC's versions of Odin and Zeus were some bad somebitch's...

Not that I don't believe you, but i'd like some feats to back that up.

I did hear DC's Odin created a pocket universe in Sandman, but the general populace on the net says that MU Odin is more powerful.

Space M ummy

I did hear DC's Odin created a pocket universe in Sandman, but the general populace on the net says that MU Odin is more powerful.

MU odin's powers fluctuate a lot, but the definitive measure of how strong marvel's collective skyfathers are would be their performance vs. the celestial host.

Odin + every other asgardian there was + a portion of the power of every other skyfather on the planet got mercilessly curbstomped by a handful of celestials.

That doesn't seem to compare too favorably to "splitting the source in half", so I guess this round goes to DC.

Nothing against marvel mind you: it just seems that "skyfather" is a much much lower rung on the 616 hierarchy than it is in DC.

lawest9

I did hear DC's Odin created a pocket universe in Sandman, but the general populace on the net says that MU Odin is more powerful. AGREED, we have barely seen dc's odin and i'm sure most of us are WELL FAMILIAR with mu odin, so i'll like to see some feats by dc's odin as well.

hunbu04
If you want to be fair it was really two skyfathers who split the source in half. It was Odin, Zeus, and Jove.

MJOILNIR
Don't get me wrong, I like marvels pantheons better...I'm just playing the odds..I know how DC likes to write its big guns..
Marvel Odin was at one time considered to nearly be Big G's equal. I cant remember which writer said it but it was said..Hes got some insane feats from back in the day..He was written down some in the new era to be more approachable by "normal" characters I believe..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.