Emma and Psylocke v Prof X

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
can the 2 ladies work together to take him out?

GalacticStorm
Do you mean Classic Psylocke, cos TP immune Psylocke with TK would take him out alone.

leonidas
doh -- forgot about that! yeah, classic is what i had in mind. big grin

and nice to see you again gs. place is always better when you're hanging around. wink

guy222
hey leo

leonidas
hey guy.

guy222
how ya been

current betsy ftw

classic, let me think a bit big grin

Charlotte DeBel
Emma can block out current Xavier for at least a few minutes and did it on panel.
She doesn't need to do it for long, half of a minute would be enough for Betsy to KO the cripple physicaly- with TK or in hand-to-hand.

Together it's close to 10\10 in duo's favour. Emma blocks Xavier out, Betsy finishes him off.

Charlotte DeBel
Also Emma in diamond form is totally immune against TP- diamond form disperses psychic energy. So she can finish Xavier off by herself in physical battle.
Betsy is just here to make it spite. Xavier is a very powerful telepath but has nothing if his only combat option is nullified.

In form "as is" it's a 10\10 curbstomp.

willRules
Telepathically Xavier outclasses them both as individuals......but together....plus they have the strong physical advantage, the ladies have it IMO 7 or 8/10

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by willRules
Telepathically Xavier outclasses them both as individuals......but together....plus they have the strong physical advantage, the ladies have it IMO 7 or 8/10

It's a 10\10 STOMP, darling. Stomp because there's two of them- Emma can keep current Xavier busy in TP combat (did that in WWH- X-Men) and stalemate current Exodus WHILE neutering his TK and other powers. TP-wise Emma alone is in Xavier's league- lacking big bad feats a bit, but capable on giving a fight.

Classic Psylocke is a bush league to both Emma and Charles, but can KO Xavier physicaly while Emma keeps him busy with TP (she can stalemate\block him for a few minutses, did it on panel and doesn't need to do that too long- a minute is more than enough).
Another variant- Emma turns diamond and beats Xavier physically, since in diamond form he can't do anything to her.

Classic Psylocke is much lower than Emma or Xavier in terms of TP finnesse, so I see Charley curmbstorming her if it were 1-at-1. Emma in the mix makes it spite.

Metalmanx
In terms of psychic ability, Emma may be good and all, but she's still not Xavier-level.

When she blocked out Xavier (scan please?), was he directing his full, non-held-back psychic ability against her, or was he trying to do something else completely? Because I've read all of WWH, but I don't recall Emma being able to block out Xavier when he was actually giving her everything he's got.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Metalmanx
In terms of psychic ability, Emma may be good and all, but she's still not Xavier-level.

When she blocked out Xavier (scan please?), was he directing his full, non-held-back psychic ability against her, or was he trying to do something else completely? Because I've read all of WWH, but I don't recall Emma being able to block out Xavier when he was actually giving her everything he's got.

I don't say she's able to defeat him outright- just hold him in bay for a minute maybe. And she DID withstood the onslaught of current Exodus and did better then Xavier... Charlie is still her superior. She's yet to have enough big ass feats to be his outright peer.

I'm not Rutog-style biased, and one-to-one in pure TP nobody of ttwo ladies stand a chance.

ExodusCloak

Charlotte DeBel

Charlotte DeBel
Proof on "Why Xavier can have better range feats than Emma".

Emma's biggest feats are planetary in range (though she has used her TP in outer space just fine) due to the simple reason- magnetosphere of the MU Earth is f*cked up so using TP from Earth into the space nowadays is either impossible or requires God Cable power levels.
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/3183/classicxmen1911tg4is1.th.jpg

Emma has developed her telepathy AFTER the anomaly was established, while Xavier, who's probably older or the same age as Emma's father, has done a few big ass feats even before Emma was born (Emma's around the same age as Iceman from the evidence in her mini-series) when the anomaly wasn't present.
Emma takes that anomaly as given and says that even with her tech it's impossible to overcome the barrier for her- she has grown up with that anomaly...

Note- the anomaly blocks telepathy coming from the Earth into space, but not vise versa.

Rutog98
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
I don't say she's able to defeat him outright- just hold him in bay for a minute maybe. And she DID withstood the onslaught of current Exodus and did better then Xavier... Charlie is still her superior. She's yet to have enough big ass feats to be his outright peer.

I'm not Rutog-style biased, and one-to-one in pure TP nobody of ttwo ladies stand a chance.

Rutog, that's me, gets his facts straight. Just for that, I'm going to punch a hole in your argument. Emma vs. Exodus, both Emma and Exodus were at their full power and health. Xavier vs. Exodus, Xavier was far from his peak in that fight trying to recover from the bullet to his head and all while Exodus was unimpaired. Xavier still beat Exodus.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Rutog98
Rutog, that's me, gets his facts straight. Just for that, I'm going to punch a hole in your argument. Emma vs. Exodus, both Emma and Exodus were at their full power and health. Xavier vs. Exodus, Xavier was far from his peak in that fight trying to recover from the bullet to his head and all while Exodus was unimpaired. Xavier still beat Exodus.

I'm sorry about mentiong you as a 'proverbial name" in regards to your style of claims about Storm, but I'm going to answer.
Emma vs Exodus. Fight to the death- Emma stalemates Exodus WHILE blocking his powers.
Xavier vs Exodus. Exodus doesn't want to kill Xavier- merely to "reform" him, so he doesn't fight him as "serious" as he does to Emma, but to beat Xavier he still uses tremendous amouth of energy. Xavier fails to block Exodus' extra powers.

So far I see Xavier vs Emma as stalemate, not that she's above him in hierarchy.

ExodusCloak
What Charlotte said, they stated that Exodus did not want to fight or hurt Xavier.Proof was that Exodus could have TK blasted Xavier at anytime in the match. Xavier states that all Exodus is doing is casting illusions. Not to mention that Exodus repaired Xavier's brain seamlessly on a sub atomic level. Link is in the Exodus Respect thread under Sub Atomic TK I'm using a phone so I'd link it to this thread by myself but I can't at the moment.

Mindset
When did it say Emma blocked Exodus other powers?

The way I read it is that he needed to concentrate in using only tp instead of tk as well, because using tk at the same time would take away his concentration in his tp fight with Emma.

leonidas
why couldn't the prof take out (classic) psylocke immediately then deal with emma? any idea who's the 'fastest' tp, or who has the better tp-related speed feats?

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Mindset

The way I read it is that he needed to concentrate in using only tp instead of tk as well, because using tk at the same time would take away his concentration in his tp fight with Emma.

Yet he used both his TK and TP similtaneously in the fight with Xavier. Exodus himself stated that because Emma engaged him in Astral Combat niether of them could deploy their other powers.So you're right in a way she didn't exactly block him in that incident she blocked him in another. In #207 she stalemated him and both were unable to deploy their other powers something Xavier was unable to do Exodus in Legacy.

Emma blocked Mr. Sinister and Exodus and possibly Lady Mastermind in X-Men #206 from deploying their powers according to Mike Carey the writer of X-Men #206 and #207 and X-Men Legacy when asked about the issue in a question and answers session when he was explaining how Nightcrawler made Exodus(Blocked from using his powers) look like a noob.(Link is in the Emma thread next to the scene from X-Men #206)

I don't think that would work. Had it been Kid Omega or the Stepford Cuckoos it might work since they think much faster then normal telepaths.
The Cuckoos are like Super Computers and when Kid Omega ascended his thoughts were faster then light.

shiv
The moment The fight starts Xavier scrambles Psylocke's brain with a stray thought.

In his motorised wheelchair Xavier is faster than Emma. While Frost is huffing a lung in pursuit Xavier punches into Psylockes weak mind and TK tickles Emma into Hot Soup.

And If Emma is running after Xavier in Diamond Form A Full Power TK blast from a possessed Psylocke cracks her in two.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by shiv
The moment The fight starts Xavier scrambles Psylocke's brain with a stray thought.

In his motorised wheelchair Xavier is faster than Emma. While Frost is huffing a lung in pursuit Xavier punches into Psylockes weak mind and TK tickles Emma into Hot Soup.

And If Emma is running after Xavier in Diamond Form A Full Power TK blast from a possessed Psylocke cracks her in two.

Which version of Psylocke are you using the one from X-treme X-Men?

This is what happens when CC goes rogueshod on a character.
Betsy Braddock: Precognition
Captain Britain Psylocke: Super Strength, Flight and Low Level Telepathy IRRC(Extra Powers due to Weapons, Telepathy power upgraded due to close rape encounter)

Enter CC

Classic Psylocke: Telepathy

Body Switch

Kwannon: Empathy
Ninja Psylocke: Low Level Telepathy, Ninja Skills
Crimson Dawn: Shadow Porting, Ninja Skills, Telepathy IRRC
Post-X-Men #100 X-Treme X-Men: Telekinesis, Ninja Skills
Current Psylocke: Telepathic Immunity, Reality Warping Immunity, Ninja Skills and Telekinesis

Lady Mandarin is fake right?

On a side note, Psylocke as a character has been butchered by Claremont. Claremont was going to kill her in Psi-War but they took him off the book before he could write the 2001 annual due to sales being so bad. Jean was going to come and hold a dying Betsy on the Astral Plane after the Shadow King murders her in Psi-War.
Then in X-Treme X-Men #1 he killed her, she was meant to take Rachel Grey's place in the arc but Editors had the dead means dead rule. He was going to switch her back to her English body and Elias Bogan was going to be the Shadow King.
He brought her back to life in UXM some how(How the editors allowed it is beyond me) and now in his New Exiles it looks like he might switch her back to her original body again.

To be honest I'm more annoyed that he won't let go of Sage, he can keep Psylocke for all I care.

shiv
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Which version of Psylocke are you using the one from X-treme X-Men?

Betsy Braddock: Precognition thumb down
Captain Britain Psylocke: Super Strength, Flight and Low Level Telepathy IRRC thumb down
Classic Psylocke: Telepathy thumb up / thumb down
Kwannon: Empathy thumb down
Ninja Psylocke: Low Level Telepathy, Ninja Skills thumb down
Crimson Dawn: Shadow Porting, Ninja Skills, Telepathy IRRC thumb down
Post-X-Men #100 X-Treme X-Men: Telekinesis, Ninja Skills thumb up
Current Psylocke: Telepathic Immunity, Reality Warping Immunity, Ninja Skills and Telekinesis thumb down

Lady Mandarin is fake right? thumb down

On a side note, Psylocke as a character has been butchered by Claremont.

shiv
Hi EX.

CC done Good on Astonishing. wink

xmarksthespot
CC? What the f**k?

Even if it's classic Psylocke and I thought that Xavier could take both Emma and Psylocke, Emma could just turn into a diamond and punch Xavier in the face. But I don't think Xavier could take both. And I'm of two minds that Xavier could hope for anything more than a very slim majority against Emma alone.

id369
Xavier vs. the Current Pyslock is a real bad match up to begin with. Xavier can do vary little to mutant that is immune to telepathy, the only way to track her down is by visual confirmation. Add on that she is a master of stealth and unarmed combat along with enough TK to crush a mountain and Emma for back results in a decisive victory for the team.

Metalmanx
Well yea. Adding current Psylocke to this makes it completely unfair, as she is immune to Xavier's greatest and only power. She takes this by herself. Classic Psylocke gets wrecked.

And barring a diamond-transformation, Xavier would defeat Emma. However, she can transform, so she would win via an upside smack to the head.

Hm...I wonder if Emma would be able to transform if she were locked in a losing psi-battle with Xavier? Basically, would she have access to this ability while completely focused on the psi-task at hand, is what I'm curious about.

shiv
wouldn't Matter Xavier's chair motors faster than Emma can run.

Xavier could lock Emma in a psychic armbar, swing a U-turn and punch her in the ovaries

*Threadstarter specified Classic Psylocke Only* happy

Rutog98
Originally posted by Mindset

Bingo! smile

Rutog98
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Yet he used both his TK and TP similtaneously in the fight with Xavier. Exodus himself stated that because Emma engaged him in Astral Combat niether of them could deploy their other powers.So you're right in a way she didn't exactly block him in that incident she blocked him in another. In #207 she stalemated him and both were unable to deploy their other powers something Xavier was unable to do Exodus in Legacy.

Emma blocked Mr. Sinister and Exodus and possibly Lady Mastermind in X-Men #206 from deploying their powers according to Mike Carey the writer of X-Men #206 and #207 and X-Men Legacy when asked about the issue in a question and answers session when he was explaining how Nightcrawler made Exodus(Blocked from using his powers) look like a noob.(Link is in the Emma thread next to the scene from X-Men #206)

I don't think that would work. Had it been Kid Omega or the Stepford Cuckoos it might work since they think much faster then normal telepaths.
The Cuckoos are like Super Computers and when Kid Omega ascended his thoughts were faster then light.

Comparing how Emma fared against Exodus to how Xavier fared against him is not a good comparison. As I stated earlier, Xavier was not at the top if his game in that fight at all. Emma was when she battled Exodus. Not only that, but Xavier has been stated to be the most powerful psi plenty of times and he has the feats to prove it. Xavier>>>Emma. No contesting this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.