HBP Film Pushed Back to Summer '09!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phucked Up
From: http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer-news/89 & other sources.

Phucking ghey!

Running Mascara
Woah dude that's f.ucked up mad

goddess_susu
Hey guys
fans everywere are petitioning against this change
if this change upset you please let your voice be heard. If the WB really how much this has got fans mad and that it might effect ticket sales they might bring our movie back.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/harrypotter6
thank u

coolmovies
They only did it becouse batman broke records . if they bring it out in summer 09 the same will happen with potter

goddess_susu
no. they dont care about records...they only care about the money, and if they dont change their minds really quickly a lot of true fans are bocotting the movie...and Im honestly about to do the same. If Im ganna be made to wait 10 more months i might as well wait 12 and rent it.
Because think about it for a sec. Noone that hasnt watched any of the other movies is ganna get up outa nowere and be like " you no what..Im ganna watch this one", no, all their money comes from the fans that have been waiting forever already. Heck, they could've released it on Christmas day that we'd all be out there in the snow waiting in line..but they choose to step on us instead.
So I say...treat your fans like shit, then u deserve shit.

Nanami_XIV
I think another reason they're pushing it back is because of Twilight,which has now taken over HBP's original release date in November.

For non-Twilight readers like me,I'm very upset and mad. 11 months? I would of been fine if it was January or something..but not almost a whole year again. I think they're going to be making alot less money than they think they're going to get..

Unicor777
I think the reason for this is the book that will be published in December, so they though that this might satisfy the "hanger" of the HP audience and keep them on for another year. For surre they didn't wated two HP stuff in the same period.

jdea
OMG, this is madness! SIX months!

SnakeEyes
Glad I'm not a Harry Potter fan, otherwise I'd be pissed.

Phucked Up
I say people need to pirate the movie rather than go see it in theaters.

goddess_susu
I agree. I've been to every single midnight premiere since the very first movie, and Im so desappointed with WB right now that I have decided to skip this one. I wanna make them regret it...hit them were it hurts most...their pockets

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by goddess_susu
I agree. I've been to every single midnight premiere since the very first movie, and Im so desappointed with WB right now that I have decided to skip this one. I wanna make them regret it...hit them were it hurts most...their pockets

Then download it and burn copies for all your friends.

Barker
Originally posted by goddess_susu
One person not seeing it isn't going to hurt them most.

One person selling over 9000 illegal copies is.

ragesRemorse
as a fan im disappointed. Not only am i disappointed because i have to wait longer, but Harry Potter movies seem like they should be released around the holidays. I'm not to pissed though because this will give me time to read the last three books smile

siriuswriter
Well, it pisses me off. I think my best friend put it best :

"But I have it written in my planner... in PEN!!"

Ah, the outrage.

Siriusly, I would love to see some reason behind this. I buy the Twilight one . But still.

Harry Potter.
Twilight.
The whole world v. a bunch of lovesick teenage girls.

Guess who's going to be more mad when their movie is pushed back...

Phucked Up
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Well, it pisses me off. I think my best friend put it best :

"But I have it written in my planner... in PEN!!"

Ah, the outrage.

Siriusly, I would love to see some reason behind this. I buy the Twilight one . But still.

Harry Potter.
Twilight.
The whole world v. a bunch of lovesick teenage girls.

Guess who's going to be more mad when their movie is pushed back...

You've already heard the damned reason behind this.

"We think if we release this in summer we're going to maximize our profits. **** the fans, just give us our money."

Nanami_XIV
They said they've been planning on changing the date for a few weeks..yet they still release the trailer while 'thinking about it'?

I highly doupt that they'll be making more money..less is more like it.

They also said they care about 'their fans and don't want to hurt the series' but...making a change like that..hurts the Harry Potter fans (not WB's fans -.-) and the series since they aren't working on the movie at all.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by Phucked Up
You've already heard the damned reason behind this.

"We think if we release this in summer we're going to maximize our profits. **** the fans, just give us our money."

Ah well. I'm a cynic dreaming of being an idealist.

The Rover
It doesn't matter when they release it, people will still flock to it, (I'd be willing to wager the majority of the people who have claimed otherwise here), even if it were delayed by two years.

chillmeistergen
Nah, I'll be downloading it.

Disturbed Angel
What the hell. sad

Council#13
From: http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer-news/89 & other sources.

Phucking ghey!

LAME

Phucked Up
Originally posted by The Rover
It doesn't matter when they release it, people will still flock to it, (I'd be willing to wager the majority of the people who have claimed otherwise here), even if it were delayed by two years.

Then you'd be pretty damn wrong.

I'll download it. They aren't getting my money.

goddess_susu
ur right though...id be torturing myself by not seeing it.. so i've decided im ganna buy a ticket to WB's competition and help them out instead...then I'll slip into HP clapping YAY...

Sith Master X
Oh well. The movie is delayed. It will only make the hype and anitcipation that much greater...which is normally a recipe for letdowns, but oh well.

I know a movie getting pushed back kinda sucks, I don't mean to knock on anyone, but it's not the end of the world either. It'll be here. Just gotta be patient.

The Rover
Then you'd be pretty damn wrong.

I'll download it. They aren't getting my money.

....You'd probably have downloaded it eventually anyways, so, they're not really losing money....

Besides, it's a while away now - I wouldn't be surprised if you change your mind. I've heard similar things before, so....

Phucked Up
Originally posted by The Rover
....You'd probably have downloaded it eventually anyways, so, they're not really losing money....

Besides, it's a while away now - I wouldn't be surprised if you change your mind. I've heard similar things before, so....

If I go see it in theaters even one time then they have made money. If I download it straight off, they will not have made money. If more people do this then they will feel the revenue drop.

I know I won't change my mind. wink

washedmemories
I say people need to pirate the movie rather than go see it in theaters.

Oh but you are suggesting that someone should do something illegal, which I believe is against some sort of TOS, unless it doesn't apply to here, which I'm sure it does...

Phucked Up
Originally posted by washedmemories
Oh but you are suggesting that someone should do something illegal, which I believe is against some sort of TOS, unless it doesn't apply to here, which I'm sure it does...

Oh well.

H. S. 6
Damned Dark Knight had to make four billion dollars... WB's looking for a repeat, methinks.

invisiblewoman
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Damned Dark Knight had to make four billion dollars... WB's looking for a repeat, methinks.

i agree (stupid money grubbers!)

Zebe1213
Warner Brithers sucks! Alan Horn sucks! Maybe someone should follow Alan Horn And throw a pie in his face and post it on you tube. Anyone?

~Bun Bun~
I'm extremely pissed too but I know I will end up going to the midnight showing just because I am that obsessed.

On another note I wanna stick up for Twilight because some HP fans are putting some blame on them when it's completely WB's fault.

The two aren't even from the same production company...

I am a super freak HP fan but I just read all of the Twilight saga and it's freaking awesome!

So all in all.... it's WB's fault, don't hold a grudge against Twilight just because their release date got pushed up due to the opening on Nov. 21st.

HP will always be #1 But man on man Twilight is really good!

Diamonds
I'm still pissed off about this.
But obviously...I'll still go and see it stick out tongue

fini
i dont care bout the date change .............anymore, especially when i read that they not including the final battle and funeral

goddess_susu
I just really hope our boycotting doesnt damage the expenses on the next movies. it they make the last movie a cheap waist of time, ill get so pissed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.