Could somebody explain this about Mace please...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
If lord Palpatine was the highest order of sith and lord how was Mace Windu able to very easily back him in the corner and seemingly be able to kill him if Anakin didn't interfere. I'm just curious how they could have the master of evil and all powerful lord so easily beaten in that scene. It seems to me under that criteria Windu could easily taken Anakin in a duel.

Icy Ninja
because he kicked him in the face and his light saber went out the window and it was by no means easy for Mace to beat Palpatine he also uses a lightsaber form that is highly effective against darksiders

sweersa
I also heard that Palpatine is fearful of black guys.

Icy Ninja
Originally posted by sweersa

Big angry looking black guys do have that kind of effect on white people

Darth Subjekt
Intimidation factor.... credit.... who really loses?

I'm kidding...

queeq
It was a crap fight anyway.

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
It was a crap fight anyway.

Well two old guys....with lightsaber props.

Next time watch closely....you will see Palpatine has Anakin's lightsaber...hahaha.

queeq
The start was the worst...

Master Crimzon
Mace was hard-pressed to defeat Sidious, and Sidious practically had the offensive for the majority of the time. Luke at Mace's expressions; he was clearly getting overwhelmed.

There are other explanations, obviously. Mace's fighting style- Vaapad- managed to grant him Sidious' otherwise superior fighting speed and reflexes, and his Shatterpoint- an ability that could detect the opponent's flaws- enabled him to disarm Sidious. There ya go. That's why Sidious stalemated with Yoda, Mace's superior, and lost to Mace. Oh, and according to George Lucas, Sidious was faking his weakness in the lightning struggle; it was overwhelming Mace and causing him to 'choke on ozone', according to the RotS novel. He didn't kill Mace because he wanted Anakin converted.

queeq
YEah yeah... the fight was still crap.

Master Crimzon
It's RotS's weakest. It's not -that- bad, though.

sweersa

It was different, I wish it was faster and more intense.

Kapton JAC
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
If lord Palpatine was the highest order of sith and lord how was Mace Windu able to very easily back him in the corner and seemingly be able to kill him if Anakin didn't interfere. I'm just curious how they could have the master of evil and all powerful lord so easily beaten in that scene. It seems to me under that criteria Windu could easily taken Anakin in a duel.

Palps didn't give it his all. He knew Anakin would show up, and he needed Windu alive when he got there. That way he would be able to more easily complete Anakin's transformation to the Dark Side.

Jack Daniels

mace fighting palps was okay but the beginning fight scene sucked mace style is like hulk longer the fight stronger he gets made sense but sidious coulda done more is why fight was crap IMO.....the game was better than the movie...IMO

Master Crimzon
It was different, I wish it was faster and more intense.

I think GL tried to make the duel more in the OT-style. Funny how he's getting bashed for doing "Fast, emotionless duels!!!" in Episode 1 and 2, and when he finally tries to make an OT-like duel, he ends up being bashed for the duel being too slow. xD

NG's original idea of using stunt doubles WAS so much better. It would've been awesome.

Ushgarak
Mace Windu was an enormously powerful Jedi- why the heck shouldn't he be able to beat Sidious?

It's a strange mindset that approaches this situation from the point of viewe that Sidious is unbeatable; why should that be?

And of course Sidious gave it his all! To say he PLANNED it like that ia nonsnese, Windu might have killed him! No person like Sidious would have taken such a dumb risk.

Bardock42
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi

I wouldn't say that Mace defeated Sidious easily, but he was able to beat him, because he is the better fighter. And, yes, Mace could probably have taken Anakin in a fight, but it never came to a fair fight, now did it?

queeq
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Mace Windu was an enormously powerful Jedi- why the heck shouldn't he be able to beat Sidious?

It's a strange mindset that approaches this situation from the point of viewe that Sidious is unbeatable; why should that be?

And of course Sidious gave it his all! To say he PLANNED it like that ia nonsnese, Windu might have killed him! No person like Sidious would have taken such a dumb risk.

Yoda has some serious troubles with Palpy. But then, there's your inflation of baddies and fights thing again. After all, would this mean Mace was a better swordsman than Yoda?

Tangible God
With Vapaad and Shatterpoint, sure why not.

Master Crimzon
I can't see Mace beating Yoda in a lightsaber duel, but that's because his Vaapad wouldn't work against a lightsider, like Yoda.

sweersa
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
I can't see Mace beating Yoda in a lightsaber duel, but that's because his Vaapad wouldn't work against a lightsider, like Yoda.

Vaapad? Hahahaha.

Bardock42
Yoda has some serious troubles with Palpy. But then, there's your inflation of baddies and fights thing again. After all, would this mean Mace was a better swordsman than Yoda?

Why does that seem so ridiculous to you?

Master Crimzon
Vaapad? Hahahaha.

NO! IT'S THE CURSE OF THE EU! I'M MELTING! I'M MELTING!!!

queeq
laughing out loud

Originally posted by Bardock42
Why does that seem so ridiculous to you?

It doesn't, it just gets very confusing... Personally I can't see Mace beating Yoda either, but if this is a debate about lightsabre fighting styles, then I'm out because I think that debate sucks.

Tangible God
You're just biased because the EU ate your baby. Mate.

sweersa
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
NO! IT'S THE CURSE OF THE EU! I'M MELTING! I'M MELTING!!!

The EU in most cases is an eternal joke that makes a lot of money.

queeq
Originally posted by Tangible God
You're just biased because the EU ate your baby. Mate.

No. How can one discuss lightsabre fighting styles when we don't know how it works, other than the bloody EU. All we have is ROTS to kinda find out how Vapaad works and whatever OB1's style is. But we can never compare them in duel against each other. So debate becomes.... ahemm.... academic. Or should I say Nerdemic.

sweersa
No. How can one discuss lightsabre fighting styles when we don't know how it works, other than the bloody EU. All we have is ROTS to kinda find out how Vapaad works and whatever OB1's style is. But we can never compare them in duel against each other. So debate becomes.... ahemm.... academic. Or should I say Nerdemic.

Fighting styles?

Hahaha.

Lightsabers are lightsabers, everyone has their own unique style.

Darth Subjekt
Not according to Mr. Lucas. You don't have to agree, nor do you have to comprehend it. But if it's mentioned in the novel, then it would count as canon. Vaapad gives Mace an advantage (not a guaranteed victory, mind you) against any dark sider. Something that wouldn't work against Yoda. You can say that "a lightsaber is a lightsaber" all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that people use it with different styles.

I guess different kung fu styles seems stupid to you too, huh?

And considering that the lightsaber forms are based off of REAL sword fighting styles, save for Vaapad's force advantage, there's not really much to dispute.

sweersa
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Not according to Mr. Lucas. You don't have to agree, nor do you have to comprehend it. But if it's mentioned in the novel, then it would count as canon. Vaapad gives Mace an advantage (not a guaranteed victory, mind you) against any dark sider. Something that wouldn't work against Yoda. You can say that "a lightsaber is a lightsaber" all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that people use it with different styles.

I guess different kung fu styles seems stupid to you too, huh?

And considering that the lightsaber forms are based off of REAL sword fighting styles, save for Vaapad's force advantage, there's not really much to dispute.

I would love to watch the movies and see if they talk about this but I know they don't so i will not waste my time.

Obviously everyone has their style, but I am sure they wouldn't limit themselves to one specific style.

Darth Subjekt
Why would they waste screen time talking about something like fighting styles? That's what the novel is for; to expand of other aspects that are cut out of the movie for timing reasons. It even states that OB1 was the best one to fight GG because of his... *gasp* style!

sweersa
Why would they waste screen time talking about something like fighting styles?

They wouldn't and didn't becuase they don't exist.

Hahaha.

Darth Subjekt
Novel Canon would seem to disagree with you. Deal with it.

sweersa
Novel Canon would seem to disagree with you. Deal with it.

Novel Canon? I guess Uncle Owen is Obi-Wan's brother then right? (ROTJ novel)

The Nightmare Never Ends.

Hahaha.

Darth Subjekt
That's a direct contradiction. The styles are not. That's common sense.

sweersa
That's a direct contradiction. The styles are not. That's common sense.

This is so much fun.

Darth Subjekt
What, that you think you're getting to me? Well, you're not, for one. And that's real mature anyways. Keep it up, kid. thumb up

sweersa
What, that you think you're getting to me? Well, you're not, for one. And that's real mature anyways. Keep it up, kid. thumb up

You shouldn't take the internet so seriously man....

How do you think I am sane?

Darth Subjekt
I don't. I'm not upset at all. My frustrations end with a click of a mouse.

queeq
Such lovely prose.

sweersa
I don't. I'm not upset at all. My frustrations end with a click of a mouse.

That's good. A lot of people go online just to vent and be mean. Because behind a keyboard you can be anyone, say anything, and so on.

Darth Subjekt
Such lovely prose. I aim to please.

queeq
New policy?

Darth Subjekt
Well for you. wink

Jack Daniels
That's good. A lot of people go online just to vent and be mean. Because behind a keyboard you can be anyone, say anything, and so on.

me I do my best not to be mean..Im a happy drunk dude..lol...behind the keyboard I am not much different than real life which Im sure some of you think is sad...lol..but thats why I come to KMC cause most of ya fellow life forms r kewl..yes I can say anything but there is always USH that keeps me "inline"..lol..thats why I like queeq he lets me slide in the milk bar!drunk

sweersa
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
me I do my best not to be mean..Im a happy drunk dude..lol...behind the keyboard I am not much different than real life which Im sure some of you think is sad...lol..but thats why I come to KMC cause most of ya fellow life forms r kewl..yes I can say anything but there is always USH that keeps me "inline"..lol..thats why I like queeq he lets me slide in the milk bar!drunk

I am pretty much myself here as in real life also. I guess it depends on where I am. Sometimes I am pretty social were at other places I am more reserved.

Jack Daniels
yeah KMC is pretty kewl...u can be urself without worry

sweersa
yeah KMC is pretty kewl...u can be urself without worry

Hahaha.

Jack Daniels
What the f**k? messed no sick laughing out loud

sweersa
What the f**k? messed no sick laughing out loud

Whats wrong? I was only laughing. (Thank you edit button)

Jack Daniels
good edit dude!...lol..

sweersa
good edit dude!...lol..

Hahaha thanks.

I am glad the 15 minute thing didn't expire! lol

Jack Daniels
haha dont sweat it if anyone else saw you did say you were joking..so no worries dude!..lol..I love the edit thing too as I use it frequently as much as I drink!..lol...beer

sweersa
haha dont sweat it if anyone else saw you did say you were joking..so no worries dude!..lol..I love the edit thing too as I use it frequently as much as I drink!..lol...beer

LOL Yeah I like the forums where you can edit or modify posts WHENEVER you want.

I mean I would hate to ask Queeq to edit the one I just pulled. hahaha

Jack Daniels
queeq can still see it ya know

sweersa
queeq can still see it ya know

Uh oh. lol

I hope this doesn't ruin my chance of being a mod someday...

Jack Daniels
I was jus kiddin I have no idea what queeqs power is..lol..dont ask.. dont know... less I know the better!

Kapton JAC
Originally posted by Ushgarak

When Windu walked in, he knew that the only way he would have known was that Anakin told him.

He also knew how much Anakin loved Padme and didn't want to loose her.

Knowing Anakin, he took an educated wager that he believed that Palpatine was Padme's only hope, and thus would not be far behind Mace.

Remember, Palpatine is a master of deception. He knew what he was doing.

Jack Daniels
Originally posted by Kapton JAC
When Windu walked in, he knew that the only way he would have known was that Anakin told him.

He also knew how much Anakin loved Padme and didn't want to loose her.

Knowing Anakin, he took an educated wager that he believed that Palpatine was Padme's only hope, and thus would not be far behind Mace.

Remember, Palpatine is a master of deception. He knew what he was doing.

Sorry Kap gotta go with Ush on that one

queeq

Actually... letting you slide in here is HOW we keep you in line. It's board policy for board drunks. In other words: I run the local prison, disguised as a bar. wink

Jack Daniels
Actually... letting you slide in here is HOW we keep you in line. It's board policy for board drunks. In other words: I run the local prison, disguised as a bar. wink

Well dude you are the coolest asst warden I ever heard of...!!all hail warden queeq! jr_queeq

atv2
Yeah! Did y'all see the blasts that Palp did on Mace, it was bigger than him. He could be dead, It wasn't luck at all, it was the force that did it! The force made Windu survive. It willed those blasts after he got out the window to miss him.

After he survived the blast, he went into hiding. In the process of his survival, he retrieves his lightsaber and takes a trip to the infirmary to get him another arm. Then he communicates with yoda telepathically to put in his job as a Jedi on hold. Then he sports a mandalorian disquise and takes up bounty hunting for the next twenty years.

Within the Jedi purge, he runs into Darth Maul. This time Darth Maul got himself together again. They have a brief sparring session but it comes to a hault. They agree to come to a truce. Mace decided to take a break from the Jedi Council and well Mace was broke from his first fight with Obiwan and therefore had to be separated from the Sith Council and he took up bounty hunting. Both of them also want to get back at Sid, so they decide to work undercover for the Empire.

They are on a mission to get back Sidious' soul, the Kaiburr Crystal. They run into Jar Jar Binks, who is now a retired senator, and a few storm troopers. Mace Windu talks to one of the stormtroopers. Maul runs into a box that contains the Kaiburr Crystal, they are happy now. Mace then kills one of the stormtroopers and interrogates the other asking for Darth Vader. Mace asks if he studied councils code and then recites one part of the article. After the reciting, Mace and Maul kills the storm trooper. Poor Jar Jar is scared but Mace tells him to calm down. Then another stormtrooper comes and almost gets a hit on both Mace and Maul, but that stormtrooper gets killed. Mace is having a deja vu. He feels the force saved him once again but this time he decides to quit bounty hunting. They leave the hideout and Mace continues to ponder what happen to him. Maul kills Jar Jar and they have to hide away at cloud city. Lando comes to the rescue and disposes of Jar Jar. They get the Slave IV and goes for a bite to eat. TBC.......

atv2
Originally posted by atv2
Yeah! Did y'all see the blasts that Palp did on Mace, it was bigger than him. He could be dead, It wasn't luck at all, it was the force that did it! The force made Windu survive. It willed those blasts after he got out the window to miss him.

After he survived the blast, he went into hiding. In the process of his survival, he retrieves his lightsaber and takes a trip to the infirmary to get him another arm. Then he communicates with yoda telepathically to put in his job as a Jedi on hold. Then he sports a mandalorian disquise and takes up bounty hunting for the next twenty years.

Within the Jedi purge, he runs into Darth Maul. This time Darth Maul got himself together again. They have a brief sparring session but it comes to a hault. They agree to come to a truce. Mace decided to take a break from the Jedi Council and well Mace was broke from his first fight with Obiwan and therefore had to be separated from the Sith Council and he took up bounty hunting. Both of them also want to get back at Sid, so they decide to work undercover for the Empire.

They are on a mission to get back Sidious' soul, the Kaiburr Crystal. They run into Jar Jar Binks, who is now a retired senator, and a few storm troopers. Mace Windu talks to one of the stormtroopers. Maul runs into a box that contains the Kaiburr Crystal, they are happy now. Mace then kills one of the stormtroopers and interrogates the other asking for Darth Vader. Mace asks if he studied councils code and then recites one part of the article. After the reciting, Mace and Maul kills the storm trooper. Poor Jar Jar is scared but Mace tells him to calm down. Then another stormtrooper comes and almost gets a hit on both Mace and Maul, but that stormtrooper gets killed. Mace is having a deja vu. He feels the force saved him once again but this time he decides to quit bounty hunting. They leave the hideout and Mace continues to ponder what happen to him. Maul kills Jar Jar and they have to hide away at cloud city. Lando comes to the rescue and disposes of Jar Jar. They get the Slave IV and goes for a bite to eat. TBC.......

They arrive at Tatooine, they go for a bite to eat at the Cantina. Mace encounters Greedo and his sidekick. He tries to get the Kaiburr Crystal from Mace but Mace holds him at swordpoint. Mace brings the situation under control. He then gives Greedo some money deciding to not kill him, then he recites the codes to Greedo and Mace gets his revelation about himself. He then realizes why the war has been going on; he first believed they were the evil ones and he was the righteous ones and it was his sword protecting him through the dark valley. Then he thought that Greedo and his crew may have been the good ones and he was the Master, and the galaxy was evil. None of it was true. The truth was is that they were weak; Palpatine, Anakin and the empire were the weak and he was the tyranny of evil. With this he decides to take up the force and become the Grandmaster Jedi that would keep the galaxy in balance. They leave the Cantina and heads back to Vader's hideout.

queeq
HOld it! No EU in here.

dark-jaina

laughing

InfernoJG95
Mace survived the battle against palp and retired from Jedi stuff and become a pimp

queeq
Become? I thought he already was one in his spare time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.