help...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackSunshine
Okay, my computer is acting really stupid. Well I dont know if it's my computer or the internet. I get on to myspace and put in my email and password and click login but it seems like it takes forever to load...or it may not be loading at all. The same thing happens when I go onto Photobucket, You Tube and projectplaylist.com. However when I check my email or get onto KMC it works just fine. We've already did a virus scan and a diagnostic and everything. Is this happening to anyone else? If not, does anybody know what I can do to fix this?

Phucked Up
Originally posted by BlackSunshine
Okay, my computer is acting really stupid. Well I dont know if it's my computer or the internet. I get on to myspace and put in my email and password and click login but it seems like it takes forever to load...or it may not be loading at all. The same thing happens when I go onto Photobucket, You Tube and projectplaylist.com. However when I check my email or get onto KMC it works just fine. We've already did a virus scan and a diagnostic and everything. Is this happening to anyone else? If not, does anybody know what I can do to fix this?

You did a virus scan, but did you check for Spyware or Adware?

Rogue Jedi
Myspace and projectplaylist tend to always load slow for me, dunno about youtube. I switched to hypster.com.

BlackSunshine
Originally posted by Phucked Up
You did a virus scan, but did you check for Spyware or Adware?

We have Panda, it searches for everything. It found a virus and removed it

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Myspace and projectplaylist tend to always load slow for me, dunno about youtube. I switched to hypster.com.

When I go to projectplaylist the screen is blank and the same for youtube.

Well, projectplaylist and youtube work just fine on Matts desktop but it wont even come up on mine. Do you think it could be something that I'm doing wrong to cause this?

chillmeistergen
What is it with the swarm of computer problem threads in the OTF?

Try deleting you cookies and temporary internet files, this can speed up the process a lot. Note that it only runs particularly slowly when you are trying to gain access to a secure location.

BlackSunshine
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
What is it with the swarm of computer problem threads in the OTF?

Try deleting you cookies and temporary in internet files, this can speed up the process a lot. Note that it only runs particularly slowly when you are trying to gain access to a secure location.

Sorry embarrasment

I don't know how to do that. I'm not dumb but I dont even know what a cookie is.

chillmeistergen
Sorry embarrasment

I don't know how to do that. I'm not dumb but I dont even know what a cookie is.

No worries.

Right, ok then. Go to Start>control panel>network and internet connections>internet options (bottom of the screen). From there you'll see a tab for both deleting your cookies and your temp internet files.

BlackSunshine
No worries.

Right, ok then. Go to Start>control panel>network and internet connections>internet options (bottom of the screen). From there you'll see a tab for both deleting your cookies and your temp internet files.

Ok. I'll try that. Thank you smile

chillmeistergen
Ok. I'll try that. Thank you smile

No problem. Let me know if it improves it or not.

Schecter
Sorry embarrasment

http://www.driveinpodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/chocolate_chip_cookie.jpg

chillmeistergen
Looks nice.

BlackSunshine
No problem. Let me know if it improves it or not.

It's still doing the same thing.

chillmeistergen
It's still doing the same thing.

Okay. Right, I'm no expert on this, just someone who's had similar problems, so bare with me.

A few questions: Is your computer connected to the internet wireless-ly? Does it do the same thing no matter what browser you are using?

BlackSunshine
Okay. Right, I'm no expert on this, just someone who's had similar problems, so bare with me.

A few questions: Is your computer connected to the internet wireless-ly? Does it do the same thing no matter what browser you are using?

No, we have a cable modem.

Yes it does do that. I'm on Matts desktop right now and it let me log in to myspace but when it got to my home page it wouldnt load up. You tube is still doing the same thing.

chillmeistergen

Yes it does do that. I'm on Matts desktop right now and it let me log in to myspace but when it got to my home page it wouldnt load up. You tube is still doing the same thing.

Ah, I don't use a cable modem, so I'm afraid I can't offer any hardware tips.

If you're using Mozilla Firefox, try clearing your internet files from within it, as in the past I've experienced deleting my temp files via control panel and it having no effect, yet the opposite for doing so on Firefox.

In Firefox, got Tools>clear Private data tick the box marked 'Cookies', and leave the rest unchecked. Though do remember that deleting your cookies like this will stop Firefox from remembering your visited websites etc, it will store them again, of course.

guy222
Have u ran ur anti virus in safe mode

Phucked Up

Have you or Matt installed anything recently on the computer?

BlackSunshine
No we haven't Matt has my desktop on a restricted account so nothing will get downloaded accidentally or anything and he doesnt download anything either

Ah, I don't use a cable modem, so I'm afraid I can't offer any hardware tips.

If you're using Mozilla Firefox, try clearing your internet files from within it, as in the past I've experienced deleting my temp files via control panel and it having no effect, yet the opposite for doing so on Firefox.

In Firefox, got Tools>clear Private data tick the box marked 'Cookies', and leave the rest unchecked. Though do remember that deleting your cookies like this will stop Firefox from remembering your visited websites etc, it will store them again, of course.

That did it! Thanks for your help! smile

Kelly_Bean
I haven't read through all of the replies so if this has been suggested, sorry.

Have you restarted in Safe Mode and tried any scans with that? Scanning with programs for viruses/spyware/adware in normal computer mode is effective BUT not as effective as when the computer is in safe mode.

Also, have you tried www.geekstogo.com forums yet? If you haven't yet, try googling (or using another search engine that you prefer) the words "Computer Help Forums"

I do that a lot when my computer f*cks up and annoys me and whatever results I get, I'll type up my problem in one forum and copy and paste it into multiple forums that I get suggested from the search engine. That way you have multiple choices to choose from on different forums.

chillmeistergen
I already solved it to the maximum, innit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.