Thanos vs. Libra

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
How this goes?

guy222
libra

occultdestroyer
Which Libra?

Mindset
What exactly can Libra do?

Endless Mike
Well he killed Martian Manhunter and the Spectre couldn't harm him

Mindset
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Well he killed Martian Manhunter and the Spectre couldn't harm him Well he killed a weak and drugged MM, and Spectre not being able to hurt him is probably due to some outside protection.

cloud102
Back in his first appearance he took on the JLA by coping their powers. So, Libra wins. Not to sure about current, though.

leonidas
didn't he say something about not wanting to have to tangle with jonzz in a FAIR fight? if he was afraid to face jonzz, the hell kind of chance does he have here? confused

or was more revealed of him later on that would make this a match somehow . . .?

Enyalus
Originally posted by cloud102
Back in his first appearance he took on the JLA by coping their powers. So, Libra wins. Not to sure about current, though.
^ This.

Charmander
He got put in trouble by a drugged and dying MM... lulz

leonidas
Originally posted by Enyalus
^ This.

not sure if that was directed at me or not, but . . . shrug

copying the jla does not mean he can copy thanos and has this version (the one that killed jonn) even SHOWN he can copy?

still seems like over-spite to me, unless someone has something new to bring to the table about libra.

Enyalus
Originally posted by leonidas

copying the jla does not mean he can copy thanos and has this version (the one that killed jonn) even SHOWN he can copy?

still seems like over-spite to me, unless someone has something new to bring to the table about libra.
It was to Cloud's post. PC Libra beat the PC JLA easily, got so powerful that his consciousness expanded out over the universe. That version of Libra would beat Thanos.

Current...probably not.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by leonidas

still seems like over-spite to me, unless someone has something new to bring to the table about libra. Well, Libra's copying was fairly unlimited. He could copy the intelligence and skills of humans, or the super powers of aliens and metas.

He only copied in increments of half though... so, if he started off powerless against Thanos, it'd be Thanos vs. half thanos....

iceman24567
Libra was the anti-life equation Thanos can't win.

Enyalus
Originally posted by iceman24567
Libra was the anti-life equation Thanos can't win.
Get off Ice's account, Allankles. You're ruining his cool guy reputation.

Rage.Of.Olympus

laughing

Survivor19
ALE isn't doing a damn thing to Thanos. Libra gets pimphanded before he can really use it.

TricksterPriest
I don't know if Libra can use the ALE on his own. Or if he was the ALE (don't believe it.) But if the ALE is at his command, Thanos is boned.

I have no idea whether Libra retained his copying powers, or what he would start off with in a forum fight.

Giving it to Thanos for now, mostly due to lack of feats.

Slaanesh
Libra got his ass kick by Kid Zoom..Thanos FTW..

iceman24567
Get off Ice's account, Allankles. You're ruining his cool guy reputation. This was stated on panel though stick out tongue

Enyalus
Originally posted by iceman24567
This was stated on panel though stick out tongue
That Allankles was using your account? That blows.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Slaanesh
Libra got his ass kick by Kid Zoom..Thanos FTW..

Crap analogy, the Flashes and Zoom seemed to have a special protection during FC. And Thanos can't duplicate Zoom's powers. Kid Zoom had Zoom's powerset, which is actually something Thanos cannot counter. But he didn't have the experience that Zoom did.

iceman24567
That Allankles was using your account? That blows. Allankles could never be me roll eyes (sarcastic)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/Picture029-1.jpg

Allankles

All is one in Allankles. evil face And that's cool, ice cool.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Allankles
All is one in Allankles. evil face And that's cool, ice cool.
Hmm...props for the, "What's colder than cold? Ice cold!!" line. Negative props for the Darkseid line. stick out tongue

Mindset
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Crap analogy, the Flashes and Zoom seemed to have a special protection during FC. And Thanos can't duplicate Zoom's powers. Kid Zoom had Zoom's powerset, which is actually something Thanos cannot counter. But he didn't have the experience that Zoom did. What special protection would that be?

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Crap analogy, the Flashes and Zoom seemed to have a special protection during FC. And Thanos can't duplicate Zoom's powers. Kid Zoom had Zoom's powerset, which is actually something Thanos cannot counter. But he didn't have the experience that Zoom did.

Oh please stop with the b.s. Trick. There was no protection. They were special in that they could gain info out of their arse b/c of some Morrison concoction.

Libra is all hype by Morrison and as much as you love Morrison - that doesn't excuse his lack of feats and loses. Darkseid's prophet has more humiliating moments moments than good. As pointed out earlier, he got smacked across a room by a severely weakened MM, a beat down by Kid Zoom, and disapointingly incinerated by Luthor of all people. Thanos wins 10/10 against this event villain who kidnaps babies as bargaining chips. By the way, neither MM or Luthor had any kind of protection as you claim - so there goes your argument. Hell, Gamora would beat Libra's ass if they fought.

cloud102
All hype by Morrison? I guessed you missed his first issue where he put the smack down on the JLA. Pre-Crisis JLA at that. He even tagged the Flash as well. And he wasn't incinerated by Luthor, he's still alive.

Slaanesh
the OP didn't say which version of Libra..so..we have to assume it's current..and the current one isn't that impressive at all..

WhiteWitchKing
All hype by Morrison? I guessed you missed his first issue where he put the smack down on the JLA. Pre-Crisis JLA at that.

ROFL. PC beating PC; now there's breaking news. He shows up in FC and gets his ass handed to him.

This is big news because...? It didn't help him evade a series of punches from Inertia.

Nah, you're so right. He did a Houdini and ran from Luthor and Savanna. I guess after the two beatings he got in prior issues made him think twice.

cloud102
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
ROFL. PC beating PC; now there's breaking news. He shows up in FC and gets his ass handed to him.

This is big news because...? It didn't help him evade a series of punches from Inertia.

Nah, you're so right. He did a Houdini and ran from Luthor and Savanna. I guess after the two beatings he got in prior issues made him think twice.

LMAO! Do you know why he didn't evade the punches? Probably because he didn't absorb Inertia's powers. Which is how he did it in his first appearance. Actually, did he even copy ANY powers in FC? Don't remember. If he has his Transmortifier, he's take Thanos, IMO.

WhiteWitchKing
LMAO! Do you know why he didn't evade the punches? Probably because he didn't absorb Inertia's powers. Which is how he did it in his first appearance. Actually, did he even copy ANY powers in FC? Don't remember. If he has his Transmortifier, he's take Thanos, IMO.

Probably he didn't because he couldn't, otherwise he wouldn't be hiding behind a baby or stabbing people behind their back now would he?

cloud102
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Probably he didn't because he couldn't, otherwise he wouldn't be hiding behind a baby or stabbing people behind their back now would he?

Where did it state that he couldn't?

Martian_mind
Where did it state that he couldn't?

Where did current show that he could?

cloud102
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Where did current show that he could?

I'm not really saying he could in the first place, but that is the power he has to copy half of people's abilities through the Transmortifier. That's how he took down the JLA lineup.

What I'm trying to figure out is if he copied ANY powers in the Final Crisis story. I haven't read that in a while, so I don't remember.

I mean, don't you think it's a little silly for him to be a team basher (JLA), then not be able to beat Martian Manhunter? Seems kinda silly. evil face

WhiteWitchKing
I'm not really saying he could in the first place, but that is the power he has to copy half of people's abilities through the Transmortifier. That's how he took down the JLA lineup.

What I'm trying to figure out is if he copied ANY powers in the Final Crisis story. I haven't read that in a while, so I don't remember.

I mean, don't you think it's a little silly for him to be a team basher (JLA), then not be able to beat Martian Manhunter? Seems kinda silly. evil face

Well, the FC Libra showed nothing of the sort. He go through that entire ascension thing to the 4th world. When he arrived in FC, he displayed none of his previous abilities. But even worse, he gets beaten up by low-end top tiers. It's not silly, but rather him did get handled 3 different times. Either it's a retcon of the character or something happened and he doesn't have those abilities any more.

Martian_mind

I think it's evidence he can no longer absorb powers...

Or that Jonn is just that awesome.

Mindset
Originally posted by Martian_mind
I think it's evidence he can no longer absorb powers...

Or that Jonn is just that awesome. And it obviously isn't the latter.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Mindset
And it obviously isn't the latter.

Indeed.The "just" implies there truly exists a way to measure Jonn's awesome.

Mindset
It's somewhere between nonexistent to minuscule.

*waits for the dick joke*

Martian_mind
It's somewhere between nonexistent to minuscule.

*waits for the dick joke*

You inserted that because you love the idea of my hands or mouth dealing with your penis.

Homo.

Mindset
It's not gay if you do it through a hole in a sheet.

Martian_mind
It's not gay if you do it through a hole in a sheet.

If it's you i'm servicing we don't need to make a hole,the gap in the weave will suffice.

Mindset
I'm impressed, it took you 2 posts before making the dick joke.

Martian_mind
I'm impressed, it took you 2 posts before making the dick joke.

I was trying to make the exchange come full circle, ass.

Way to break the chain.

Enyalus
Hilarious.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.