PT DVD 6 Disc Boxset Release - October

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Outbound
About freakin' time!

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/801788

Well, this is my local dvd store site so the date/price might be different srug

I dont have any of the PT on dvd, been hanging on for a boxset so Im psyched. w00t

queeq
More exploitation... same 2-disc sets, nothing new.

Outbound
But......comes in a box....cry

The OT is being released ina 6 disc box too, wonder whats on those mysterious second discs shifty

The j0keR
Im not buying anymore Star Wars until its Bluray.

Outbound
Originally posted by The j0keR

You'd think they would have done that by now instead of wasting time on more dvds....ermm

Why are the good movies always late to the party.....disgust My guess is we'll see them on blu ray sometime in 2011 ermm

The j0keR
Originally posted by Outbound
You'd think they would have done that by now instead of wasting time on more dvds....ermm

Why are the good movies always late to the party.....disgust My guess is we'll see them on blu ray sometime in 2011 ermm

Lucas was late to jump on DVD too, so who knows when we will get bluray. I was hoping we would hear something after the HD/Bluray battle was finished. sad

queeq
He's too busy with his independen art films... wink

sweersa

Same here. Technically if you could afford a blu-ray burner and media you could burn an HD version on to blu ray...

queeq
Where'd you get the HD version then?

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
Where'd you get the HD version then?

HDTV rips exist. If I am not mistaken all of the Prequel films have been on HDTV in 1080p. The one I have is only 720p but that still looks amazing.

queeq
Hmmm.. interesting. Get me some. wink

The j0keR
Originally posted by sweersa
HDTV rips exist. If I am not mistaken all of the Prequel films have been on HDTV in 1080p. The one I have is only 720p but that still looks amazing.

I thought HDtv broadcast have always been 1080i. They are just now offering VOD in 1080p. Anyways, I wouldnt want any burned HD versions, I want true official bluray versions with bluray special features.

sweersa
I thought HDtv broadcast have always been 1080i. They are just now offering VOD in 1080p. Anyways, I wouldnt want any burned HD versions, I want true official bluray versions with bluray special features.

It was 1080-something. Still HD. http://csel.cs.colorado.edu/~pmjohnso/swhighdef/

I doubt the link will work so just copy and paste it into the browser address bar.

Hmmm.. interesting. Get me some. wink

PM sent.

queeq
PM received.

coolmovies
PT and OT box set

sweersa
Originally posted by coolmovies
PT and OT box set

That is awesome...I love the art work!

queeq
Nice boxes.... very nice.

But I won't buy 'em.

sweersa
Nice boxes.... very nice.

But I won't buy 'em.

If they were Blu-ray on the other hand....

I honestly don't get why they would put out more DVDs, the market is saturated...and some of us are ready to go blu.

Hehe.

Lord Knightfa11
Lol. why do they keep releasing the same thing to us over and over again, hoping for us to buy it because its in a different box? Its not like we are stupid... wait... nvm.

sweersa
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
Lol. why do they keep releasing the same thing to us over and over again, hoping for us to buy it because its in a different box? Its not like we are stupid... wait... nvm.

LOL I am thinking the same thing "who would buy all of these versions on DVD" ?

Then i look into my DVD cabinet and come to a sad realization.

Lord Knightfa11
lol i look at my dvds and i realize that aotc is missing, tpm is scratched beyond repair, i have rots still in working condition, and the now second to latest box set (you know the one in the little vader tin?) of the ot. shows where i place my star wars priorities LOL.

sweersa
lol i look at my dvds and i realize that aotc is missing, tpm is scratched beyond repair, i have rots still in working condition, and the now second to latest box set (you know the one in the little vader tin?) of the ot. shows where i place my star wars priorities LOL.

I bet TPM is scratched badly becuase that is the one you watch the most. smile We are all guilty of this.

Lord Knightfa11
LOL its the one I dont keep in repair, the one i have had the longest (yes kids, i had the ot on dvd till they released it in a silver tin), and its also the most watched because of my siblings.

sweersa
LOL its the one I dont keep in repair, the one i have had the longest (yes kids, i had the ot on dvd till they released it in a silver tin), and its also the most watched because of my siblings.

Yeah, TPM is ever so popular by people, I like it! Honestly.

queeq
I have two DVD sets of the Ot and one of the PT... Blu Ray's next. No more SW DVD's... unless we get some unprecendented extra's.

coolmovies
I have the 06 versions i will wait for the trilogy to come out in blu ray

queeq
We agree.

coolmovies
we?

queeq
Yes.

coolmovies
The sets are out today !!!

Outbound
Any new features or behind the scenes stuff?

queeq
Doubt it.

S_D_J
I might get the Prequel box... I also have have TPM on terrible condition, the second disc lost ... and don't have AOTC... ROTS is in mint condition though big grin

though I like the new OT artwork... I'm pretty happy with my tin Vader, thank you very much.. wink

queeq
I noticed the spine text differ a lot on the new OT trilogy boxes.

sweersa
I noticed the spine text differ a lot on the new OT trilogy boxes.

The ones that sort of have the PT style?

queeq
Err... it's all the same style.

sweersa
Err... it's all the same style.

Oh well. Same movies underneath...oh wait, never mind.

queeq
I won't.

sweersa
I won't.

Of course.

George Lucas says someday he wants to come out with another box set and not let people know it would be cheaper to buy each movie individually.

Sadako of Girth
Excellent Sig/Avvy, SDJ...! big grin

Ya beat me to it....! wink

queeq
You have the dog. Who can beat that?

sweersa
You have the dog. Who can beat that?

The German Shepard.

DARTH DADDY
Who cares about eh box set of PT or OT. I want the whole saga in one big set, that's what I'm waiting on. I don't need another SW DVD, I have them already.

sweersa
Originally posted by DARTH DADDY
Who cares about eh box set of PT or OT. I want the whole saga in one big set, that's what I'm waiting on. I don't need another SW DVD, I have them already.

Wait for the Blu-Ray set...it will be worth it.

queeq
I only want Blu Ray now. I just got the player. The resolution is quite stunning.

sweersa
I only want Blu Ray now. I just got the player. The resolution is quite stunning.

Cool! Once you go blu you never go back. Hehe.

I um...acquired an open source copy of The Dark Knight 720p and it looks amazing. Except the idiot who uploaded it put English subtitles on it...idiot.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.